Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Tweet from tondeur.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 365 Guests

Tweet from tondeur.

This thread currently has 18,510 views. Print
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
grimsby pete
November 21, 2020, 9:11pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,797
Gold Stars: 222
Ollie has made a few bad signings trusting the players who said they are fit and ready to play.

He will have learnt by that and won't make the same mistake again.

We don't know if the young non league players he signed will make it only time will tell.

He expects L2 players to understand what he wants and to carry his instructions out.

Well they are in L2 for a reason and I think he knows that now.

I still have faith in him to turn things around he has learnt a hard lesson and will be better for it.I

Let's see a settled side playing to their strengths and hope things change for the better I want to see Ollie here for many years to come but that will only happen if we improve.

I don't like to hear any manager say I will go if the fans want me to I would rather he said that display was not good enough and I will make things better I just need a little time.

I am fed up as the rest of you seeing our team play so bad but keep changing the manager when it starts to get difficult is not the answer stay and put things right Ollie and you will be loved by all.

Well maybe not all.  

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 128
arryarryarry
November 21, 2020, 9:14pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,040
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from 3610
Just tweeted that when answering questions later on. IH said he would leave if the Fans wanted him too

Any fan that wants him gone is flipping mad.

He has made a lot of mistakes this season. But that doesn’t mean he should lose his job.

He gets it. Look at all the work outside of the actual training he did last season. Going into schools etc.

After this excrement is over. He is the perfect man for Grimsby.

I don't give a toss how many schools he visits it is what happens on the pitch that I am concerned about and that excrement today is not good enough and relegation form.

He needs to get it sorted, we don't look like scoring and we are leaking goals at the back.

If he doesn't then he will have to go, we cannot afford to drop out of the EFL again
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 128
arryarryarry
November 21, 2020, 9:19pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Croxton
JT's professional mask has slipped of late. Confusing one player with another, repeated jibes at Gibson's offsides (even when he wasn't), his readiness in a previous match to say 'two or three players aren't good enough for this level' etc. and putting words into the mouths of co commentators. Let Crofty and Bolland make their own mind up!

Ollie is clearly upset at this negative commentary and should not have tried to have it out today on air. Now, JT is signalling his wider discontent with the earlier tweet 'I remember when I used to like this job'. Good journalists don't become part of the story. Two bruised egos in a tiff.

Really?

In the main these past few seasons we have been excrement, what do you want commentators to say, ooooh that was a great performance we were unlucky with each of the 5 goals.
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 128
friskneymariner
November 21, 2020, 9:22pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,159
Gold Stars: 38
Why do you think all our manergerial appointments end badly? only one common denominator.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 128
Bigdog
November 21, 2020, 9:26pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from friskneymariner
Why do you think all our manergerial appointments end badly? only one common denominator.

And why do the vast majority of our players when they leave never get another Football League club?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 128
November 21, 2020, 9:26pm
Guest User
Quoted from arryarryarry

I don't give a toss how many schools he visits it is what happens on the pitch that I am concerned about and that excrement today is not good enough and relegation form.

He needs to get it sorted, we don't look like scoring and we are leaking goals at the back.

If he doesn't then he will have to go, we cannot afford to drop out of the EFL again

We have be crying out for a different approach from our board. He is also a director. He wants to build a club for the community. bring us together. Not this us verses them excrement that we have seen so much of. If we lose Ollie.... we lose any sort of chance of a change of thought at boardroom level.

he also got us playing good football at the same time!
Reply: 25 - 128
grimsby pete
November 21, 2020, 9:29pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,797
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from 3610
Just tweeted that when answering questions later on. FENTY said he would leave if the Fans wanted him too

That sounds better.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 128
oochiad
November 21, 2020, 9:35pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +3,716
Gold Stars: 27
If we lose Ollie it’ll be a massive mistake......
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 128
GrimRob
November 21, 2020, 9:39pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,403
Gold Stars: 113
He's never lasted more than 2 or 3 years anywhere recently and has already chalked up 30 games with us, about half his average. He's compeltely inexperienced at this level, most of his other jobs have been in or close to large population centres (London, Bristol, Leicestor, Blackpool) so Grimsby is quite different there too, with its own challenges. It always was an odd match.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 28 - 128
arryarryarry
November 21, 2020, 9:40pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from 3610

We have be crying out for a different approach from our board. He is also a director. He wants to build a club for the community. bring us together. Not this us verses them excrement that we have seen so much of. If we lose Ollie.... we lose any sort of chance of a change of thought at boardroom level.

he also got us playing good football at the same time!

You think the past few games have been good football?

And has it been confirmed he has invested in the club?
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 128
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Tweet from tondeur.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.