Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Tweet from tondeur.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 89 Guests

Tweet from tondeur.

This thread currently has 18,508 views. Print
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
KingstonMariner
November 22, 2020, 12:45am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from arryarryarry

Christ Almighty, stop with the Covid excuses, it has affected all clubs.

Don’t you know it’s only having an effect in DN35 and DN31 postcodes?

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 128
KingstonMariner
November 22, 2020, 12:47am
Meths Drinker
A-holes like Tondeur and Burns are only out to get a reaction. We lose 5-0 and obviously Ollie is feeling shi'ite about it. The last thing Ollie then wants to hear is massive amounts of negativity from interviewers and journalists. Tondeur got the reaction he was after, but instead of leaving it at that, he starts with the snide tweets.

I can see in the not too distant future GTFC following Hulls example by not allowing BBC Radio Humberside to do commentary on their matches or give interviews to them

Yes let’s ban people who ask difficult questions. Clearly they’re saboteurs!

Let’s all organise a big parade in honour of Uncle John, our glorious leader.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 128
KingstonMariner
November 22, 2020, 12:49am
Meths Drinker
To say Covid isn't a huge issue is to show a total denial of the financial catastrophe alone that it has caused worldwide. Millions of people thrown into unemployment, companies folding on a daily basis, and lots of football clubs unable to service their debts due to no income. I sincerely hope GTFC manages to ride the storm but how long would anyone last without income let alone improve on their plight. Yes the team are not performing as hoped but there is no magic bullet.

Millions of people thrown into unemployment, 50,000 dead. Thousands of businesses down the pan. And all of them in NE Lincs.

Nothing happening elsewhere.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 128
toontown
November 22, 2020, 12:58am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,269
Gold Stars: 70
I think those wringing their hands at JTs questions are laughable - he is a  very meek and mild interviewer, if Ollie or anyone else can't stand up to his perfectly reasonable and placid questioning they need to rethink being in the pressure cooker of football league management. When burnsy asked JT against hull whether it was a relegation battle season for town JT was desperate to sit on the fence and not say anything and was rightly called out by burnsy to have an opinion. JT strives to be very diplomatic but come on some of his questions 'but covid has effected everyone', and about the constant chopping and changing are simply indisputable facts, they can't be argued with. It's not controversial to point these out (or it shouldn't be) and ask for the club's response (and Ollie is the responsible representative of the club). It what lots of people are asking on here, if he didn't ask those sort of basic questions he would really need firing for not doing his job.

I like burnsy and his questioning of hull - says it as he sees it. Organisations that try to avoid questioning and examining of performance are not going to be the ones most likely to improve.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 128
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
November 22, 2020, 1:28am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.77
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +836
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from Tommy

Eh? Have you listened to it?

JT only suggested that every Club has had to deal with Covid, not just us.

Which is entirety true and not being negative at all in my opinion.

Its not just this game is it? It's every single match he has to have a dig at whoever is Captain of the ship.

Hursty didn't like his attitude. Slade didn't. Jolley didn't. Ollie doesn't. More than anything our club needs support, not kicking when it's down.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 128
Mayaman
November 22, 2020, 1:46am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,400
Gold Stars: 74
It's a tough one isn't it.  I feel for him.  He has passion and he loves Grimsby but isn't it his to motivate the players. Most of 'em don;t seem to be bothered. (except Pollack, Clifton and Edwards).  A lot of them seem to be spoiled brats to be honest. And where is the super experienced, can play in many different positions Moshni? The way I see it, is that he's a freeloader.  Even if he's injured he should be making some impact.  IH needs to work out a formation and stick to it.  Not change the team to much, Macca needs to relinquish the armband and IH needs to tell him, if his team is under pressure, the long ball isn't a bad idea. We need to practice set pieces - get the ball whipped into the danger area and have men in the box to attack it. Not those crappy floated balls that even if you do connect, it's hard to get some power behind the ball
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 128
forza ivano
November 22, 2020, 2:08am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,159
Gold Stars: 265
For a late saturday night thread ,after a few beers and a shiite heavy defeat it's been v intelligent,restrained and well argued thread.
Shows the fishy at it's best
FWIW I think he should stay. I get the impression that ,if you are being negative  ,the penny has dropped. I think over the last couple of weeks hes given them a chance and they have let him down. Holloway is not stupid and hes committed an awful lot to us.
The cull is real and its borne out of a very experienced manager who's realised hes made big mistake.
He will never admit it but his initial strategy was wrong. We are not bottom and out of sight so hes taking the opportunity to 'reset' us.
I can easily see the doubters arguments but I dont think hes a Buckley marl3 as he had us playing some great stuff to the back end of last season. I think hes committed,  he knows hes copulated up and desperately wants to turn it round.
Selling pollock in january could be the key.i feckin hope so coz I cant see anyone else who could do a better job with all the constraints surrounding gtfc
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 128
arryarryarry
November 22, 2020, 2:22am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,040
Gold Stars: 116

Its not just this game is it? It's every single match he has to have a dig at whoever is Captain of the ship.

Hursty didn't like his attitude. Slade didn't. Jolley didn't. Ollie doesn't. More than anything our club needs support, not kicking when it's down.

That's because when the going gets tough they don't like tough questions and they couldn't handle it and it's not as if JT was that tough with them especially Jolley who I understand was very unliked by some of the GTFC staff and not just players because he could dish it out but couldn't take it.
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 128
Mikey_345
November 22, 2020, 8:28am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +11 / -1
Approval: +5,351
Gold Stars: 100
“If they want to come round my house and tell me to go home, I’ll stop selling it and buying one here. I don’t believe that’s the case. I will fight and die for these people, but if that’s what they want, they won’t have to ask me. That’s as honest as I can ever get.

IH quote. Not quite the bombshell it was built up to be is it...... funny that....

All Town aren’t we

@GTFCLondon

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 128
jamesgtfc
November 22, 2020, 9:13am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,955
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from Mikey_345
“If they want to come round my house and tell me to go home, I’ll stop selling it and buying one here. I don’t believe that’s the case. I will fight and die for these people, but if that’s what they want, they won’t have to ask me. That’s as honest as I can ever get.

IH quote. Not quite the bombshell it was built up to be is it...... funny that....

I thought his house was sold now?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 128
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Tweet from tondeur.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.