Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Football Against Facism
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 16 Guests

Football Against Facism

This thread currently has 28,436 views. Print
33 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
rancido
November 15, 2019, 10:00am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,573
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from golfer

" is a form of far right authoritarian ultranationalism characterised by dictatorial power forcible suppression of opposition and strong regimentation of society and the economy "  any party spring to mind ?

That description sounds more like Communism to me, especially the regimes of Stallin, Chairman Mao etc.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 320
jock dock tower
November 15, 2019, 10:02am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
Farage is the modern day Oswald Moseley, and the club have given him free rein to associate them with him. It's beyond stomach churning.

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 320
lew chaterleys lover
November 15, 2019, 10:06am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,712
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Hagrid

Because, whether you like it or not, farage is a racist. Give your head a wobble for christ sake

I do not agree that Farage is a racist. I don't believe Corbyn is a racist even though the party he leads is riddled with it. Calling people racist at every opportunity is silly.
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 320
ska face
November 15, 2019, 10:08am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,658
Gold Stars: 847
Quoted from rancido

That description sounds more like Communism to me, especially the regimes of Stallin, Chairman Mao etc.

Fascism isn’t communism. That’s quite clear. Mao and Stalin also quite different. Please read a book.
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 320
lew chaterleys lover
November 15, 2019, 10:08am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from sam gy
Anyone could see from a mile off that allowing the Brexit Party to hold an event at our football stadium was a terrible decision. Who could really be so naive as to think they wouldn’t use their choice of venue and leach on to the club for their own political gains??

A truly terrible decision by the club, whether they endorse it or not, they let it happen. End of.

And now what do we have? A divided fan base and personally speaking, a sick feeling in my stomach.

We already know the club doesn’t care much for its fans, but did they bother to think about how our playing staff and management team might think about all this? And how this might affect further recruitment? Might sound a bit OTT, but there’s no saying how some people might react to the picture.

What about the Town fans who support the Brexit party? Don't they have a choice?
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 320
Maringer
November 15, 2019, 10:12am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,506
Gold Stars: 185

I do not agree that Farage is a racist. I don't believe Corbyn is a racist even though the party he leads is riddled with it. Calling people racist at every opportunity is silly.

If the Labour party is riddled with racists, what does that make the Tories?

https://www.jewishvoiceforlabo.....epresented-groups-2/

Of course there will be some racists in a party with so many members. Just a reflection of society. However, the left-wing parties have a lot fewer racists in them than the right-wing parties. There was a survey the other year (possibly an Ashcroft poll?) which indicated this clearly. Don't have time to search for it now, however.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 320
lew chaterleys lover
November 15, 2019, 10:16am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Maringer

If the Labour party is riddled with racists, what does that make the Tories?

https://www.jewishvoiceforlabo.....epresented-groups-2/

Of course there will be some racists in a party with so many members. Just a reflection of society. However, the left-wing parties have a lot fewer racists in them than the right-wing parties. There was a survey the other year (possibly an Ashcroft poll?) which indicated this clearly. Don't have time to search for it now, however.

Thats all right then  

Private Message
Reply: 86 - 320
mariner91
November 15, 2019, 10:17am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,646
Gold Stars: 261

Ah the old anti-Semitism line which has surprisingly little evidence despite the fact they're "riddled" with it.

Good job Nigel himself would never express any anti-semitic sentiments on national radio. https://jewishnews.timesofisrael.com/nigel-farage-urged-to-apologise-for-jewish-lobby-remark/
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 320
ginnywings
November 15, 2019, 10:17am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,126
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Posh Harry

Hi ginny. Appreciate your feelings for the club, but can you please continue to post your views on the fishy. You haven’t done so very often lately and I for one miss your balanced and intelligent arguements.

Thanks for that but there's not really much to say that hasn't been said repeatedly for years. The football at BP is as dull as ever and i'm taking a break from it to do other stuff on a weekend that's more enjoyable and rewarding. I still read the fishy but don't feel i have much to contribute as i haven't seen a single game this season, which is the first time in 48 seasons that i have had a prolonged absence from the ground by choice. Sad thing is that i don't miss it at all.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 320
lew chaterleys lover
November 15, 2019, 10:22am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from mariner91

Ah the old anti-Semitism line which has surprisingly little evidence despite the fact they're "riddled" with it.

Good job Nigel himself would never express any anti-semitic sentiments on national radio. https://jewishnews.timesofisrael.com/nigel-farage-urged-to-apologise-for-jewish-lobby-remark/

Christ on a bike - even Jewish MP's have left to stand for other parties. Isn't it funny it is not racism as we know it when it affects your preferred party?
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 320
33 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Football Against Facism

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.