Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Football Against Facism
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 17 Guests

Football Against Facism

This thread currently has 28,420 views. Print
33 Pages Prev ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... Next All Recommend Thread
rancido
November 15, 2019, 4:21pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,572
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from Chrisblor

Fenty has an endless list of faults, but one thing I can give him credit for is the fact he doesn't use the club as a vehicle for his own politics. He's not hosting Conservative party rallies in the ground and getting Martin Vickers to hold up a town shirt during an election campaign. So no, it isn't ironic, you're just drawing a baseless comparison.

Hireing the club facilities is business - pure and simple. If you are a committed vegan, are you going to make a big issue over the fact that the club serves meat products? The UK has a huge arms industry, would you complain that some of it's customers are not to your liking and jeopardise jobs, people's livelihoods, just to take the higher moral ground. Get real and realise this is the real world and not some Utopia dreamed up in a student common room.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 170 - 320
lew chaterleys lover
November 15, 2019, 4:29pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,716
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from rancido

Hireing the club facilities is business - pure and simple. If you are a committed vegan, are you going to make a big issue over the fact that the club serves meat products? The UK has a huge arms industry, would you complain that some of it's customers are not to your liking and jeopardise jobs, people's livelihoods, just to take the higher moral ground. Get real and realise this is the real world and not some Utopia dreamed up in a student common room.

I know we haven't been on the same side on other issues but I agree entirely with this and your other posts.

Looking back on the earlier pages of this thread, going by the upticks/downticks it is pretty much a score draw. It is a very divisive issue as we have seen.

Private Message
Reply: 171 - 320
GYinScuntland
November 15, 2019, 4:48pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,238
Gold Stars: 97

What is "wow" about it? Allowing people to air their views is somehow wrong? That is a dangerous road to go down.

Too right, they tried doing that over in Europe during the thirties and it didn't really go down too well...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 172 - 320
ROKERITE
November 15, 2019, 5:15pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: +425
Gold Stars: 5

I know we haven't been on the same side on other issues but I agree entirely with this and your other posts.

Looking back on the earlier pages of this thread, going by the upticks/downticks it is pretty much a score draw. It is a very divisive issue as we have seen.

Having just read through the entire eighteen pages I salute you (and no it's not a fascist one) for almost single-handedly arguing the case for the defence. Like you I find the trend nowadays to bandy about words like fascist and racist so casually objectionable and pathetic. People are perfectly entitled to dislike Farage, The Brexit Party and what they stand for, but to describe Farage as a fascist and even compare him to Moseley (as one poster did) is ridiculous.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 173 - 320
diehardmariner
November 15, 2019, 5:21pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,545
Gold Stars: 537
Political views aside, this is just stupid by the club..

Be it by intention of not, they're now endorsing The Brexit Party after this photo.  Did they really think that Chris Barker and Farage wanted names with their shirts on for when they play 5-a-side?
Private Message
Reply: 174 - 320
lew chaterleys lover
November 15, 2019, 5:24pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,716
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from ROKERITE

Having just read through the entire eighteen pages I salute you (and no it's not a fascist one) for almost single-handedly arguing the case for the defence. Like you I find the trend nowadays to bandy about words like fascist and racist so casually objectionable and pathetic. People are perfectly entitled to dislike Farage, The Brexit Party and what they stand for, but to describe Farage as a fascist and even compare him to Moseley (as one poster did) is ridiculous.

Thank you - much appreciated. Certain things seem to trigger an avalanche of confected outrage none more so than Nigel Farage with all the usual mudslinging that goes with it.

I have been trying to argue that unless a blanket ban was in force before this event on all political parties, he should be afforded the same courtesy as any other party leader. Grimsby did vote 71% for Brexit after all.

Alas, the mere mention of Farage is too much of a trigger.

Even I am bored with it now so will make this my last post on the matter!
Private Message
Reply: 175 - 320
Sir Matt Tease
November 15, 2019, 5:26pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +7 / -1
Approval: +285
Gold Stars: 31
[quote=657]

Very witty.

Just a point of fact - “boomers” were born before our present monarch came to the throne in 1952. It was called “the bulge” in those days because it was the rise in the birth rate after WW2 when those who had been fighting fascism came home. Therefore to call someone who was a child of the 70s a “boomer” is just lazy and plain wrong. They are more likely to be the children of “boomers”.

Could you re-post this again...............in English ?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 176 - 320
rancido
November 15, 2019, 5:36pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,572
Gold Stars: 96

Thank you, everybody should agree to differ and respect anothers point of view. I voted for the Brexit Party in the EU elections but I am not a racist. I voted to leave the EU but I am not a racist. I want immigration controlled but I am not a racist. I condemn terrorism in the name of Islam but I am not an Islamaphobe. Sadly, too many people take one aspect of your opinions, generalise it and use it as a condemnation of your beliefs.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 177 - 320
Sir Matt Tease
November 15, 2019, 5:38pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +7 / -1
Approval: +285
Gold Stars: 31
[quote=259]

IN MY DAY YOU HAD RESPEKT FOR YOUR ELDERS AND YOU WERKED HARD FOR UR MASTERS AND MEN WERE MEN AND WOMEN WERE WOMEN AND IF THEY WERNT IN THE KITCHEN WERE THEY BELOYNGD THEN ID STOP THERE POKIT MONEY.

Ok Boomer.

Sorry Ron, did not mean your post, it was this message presumably written in Urdu !

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 178 - 320
Marinerz93
November 15, 2019, 5:47pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1

Very witty.

Just a point of fact - “boomers” were born before our present monarch came to the throne in 1952. It was called “the bulge” in those days because it was the rise in the birth rate after WW2 when those who had been fighting fascism came home. Therefore to call someone who was a child of the 70s a “boomer” is just lazy and plain wrong. They are more likely to be the children of “boomers”.

Don't let the cry babies get to you, you don't even need to reply to the millennial's who say ok boomer to you, You get in your expensive car and go back to your big house and you enjoy your nice life, whilst they sit their in their self loathing crying how life is unfair into their pumpkin latte.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 179 - 320
33 Pages Prev ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Football Against Facism

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.