Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Football Against Facism
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense, scrumble and 19 Guests

Football Against Facism

This thread currently has 28,427 views. Print
33 Pages Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... Next All Recommend Thread
KingstonMariner
November 15, 2019, 12:38pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from golfer

" is a form of far right authoritarian ultranationalism characterised by dictatorial power forcible suppression of opposition and strong regimentation of society and the economy "  any party spring to mind ?

Johnson’s Conservatives! Wanted to shut down Parliament because he didn’t want the other MPs to debate laws.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 120 - 320
gtfc98
November 15, 2019, 12:41pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,066
Gold Stars: 68

Very witty.

Just a point of fact - “boomers” were born before our present monarch came to the throne in 1952. It was called “the bulge” in those days because it was the rise in the birth rate after WW2 when those who had been fighting fascism came home. Therefore to call someone who was a child of the 70s a “boomer” is just lazy and plain wrong. They are more likely to be the children of “boomers”.

My use of Boomer refers to mentality rather than the era he was born in.

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 121 - 320
KingstonMariner
November 15, 2019, 12:48pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from grimsby pete
I would imagine all the posters giving it some about Farage holding a meeting at the club would come on here and say a lot about Boris or any other leader of a party if they held a meeting at our political  free club.

Fenty has said we need to get more revenue into the club apart from a match day and when they do the Fishy goes banana's.

Don't blame the club for trying to get extra revenue .

As fans we have no say in who rents Blundell Park and that is correct otherwise it would never be hired out.

We all have views on what direction we want our country to go in and neither of the leavers or remainers are right or wrong its just their personal view, There is no need for all the name calling that some on here revert to when they are not getting the other person to change their mind.

I do blame the club Pete. Shouldn’t allow any political party to use the facilities. It is inevitably divisive. And from a purely commercial point of view it is shortsighted.

Add in the way the country has become so split down the middle and the tension, it is particularly important at this time for football clubs to avoid party politics.

Then you add in the whole inclusivity issue, and, like it or not Farage and the Brexit Party and UKIP are associated with racists and racist views. It is rank stupidity of the club to even go near it.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 122 - 320
KingstonMariner
November 15, 2019, 12:54pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from Sir Matt Tease
This post must qualify as the most boring ever featured on a football forum. I for one am sick to death of every discussion that involves an ism ! Sexism, Racism Facism etc etc etc.

The younger generation today are obsessed with it, people are desperate to be offended about something or other during the course of their everyday lives.

I for one am glad that I was  child of the seventies when you were told to treat others the way you would like to be treated yourself. A simple but effective rule that the majority of us adhered to.

This is a football forum and as such should be used for football related discussion. Football and politics to do not mix !

PS, If I have offended anyone.........................................tough excrement !

Matt, like you I was brought up on the do as you would be done by principle, and I still hold to that. That is why tackling sexism, racism, and any other form of identity bias is important.

Football and politics don’t mix? You should have said that before Farage had his rally at BP!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 123 - 320
Hagrid
November 15, 2019, 12:55pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,392
Gold Stars: 534
Old mans just been at the ground, had words with Steve Wraith. Club saying they have done nothing wrong, didnt give the shirts they were bought then auctioned off.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 124 - 320
Ipswin
November 15, 2019, 12:56pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from Ipswin

First of all I doubt very much that he bought it. He's a taker not a giver otherwise the hypocritical twit wouldn't be drawing his salary as a Euro MP

All he needs is a squad number on the shirt and judging by recent team selections Jolley would probably put him in the team next week

Not now he won't!

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 125 - 320
lew chaterleys lover
November 15, 2019, 1:04pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,716
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Maringer

Yep, during an election campaign at the very least. If the Brexit Party want to hold a rally at BP, why aren't they fielding a candidate in Cleethorpes? Wasn't there anywhere in Grimsby where it could have been held?

Would be interesting to see if any one of the other 92 clubs have hosted Farage and his hangers-on. I can't say his party members because, as noted before, the Brexit Party Ltd only has 3 members - well, directors. Lots of 'registered supporters', certainly, but no members with any voting rights or even rights for the hopefuls to be refunded the money they paid to be considered as candidates in the first place! And they call people who want us to remain in the UK antidemocratic...

Oh come on - pull the other one!

Had Corbyn held a rally at BP during this election you would have been first in the queue to get the best seat in the house! You would have had absolutely no problem whatsoever with the Labour party being there.

You are now trying to tell the Brexit party where they can and cannot hold election meetings. What is up wtih you? You must surely see it is undemocratic and plain wrong. You have let your apparent disgust of the Brexit party cloud your judgement.
Private Message
Reply: 126 - 320
lew chaterleys lover
November 15, 2019, 1:06pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,716
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Hagrid
Old mans just been at the ground, had words with Steve Wraith. Club saying they have done nothing wrong, didnt give the shirts they were bought then auctioned off.

Of course they have done nothing wrong, they cannot be swayed by you and your old man just because you don't like the Brexit party!
Private Message
Reply: 127 - 320
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
November 15, 2019, 1:06pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from gtfc98

My use of Boomer refers to mentality rather than the era he was born in.

Oh "mentally"? I see. You mean you are using it in your capacity as a "snowflake"?

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 128 - 320
Hagrid
November 15, 2019, 1:08pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,392
Gold Stars: 534

Of course they have done nothing wrong, they cannot be swayed by you and your old man just because you don't like the Brexit party!

I dont like racists. And i dont like my club hosting them.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 129 - 320
33 Pages Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Football Against Facism

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.