Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Non Football › Football Against Facism
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 22 Guests

Football Against Facism

This thread currently has 27,941 views. Print
33 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
rancido
November 15, 2019, 10:30am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,448
Gold Stars: 92
Quoted from ska face

Fascism isn’t communism. That’s quite clear. Mao and Stalin also quite different. Please read a book.

Well if you read my post you will see that I was referring to the quoted description. Of course I know they are different but ultimately lead to similar situations when practiced in the examples I quoted.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 320
forza ivano
November 15, 2019, 10:33am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.47
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,140
Gold Stars: 265

There are dozens, perhaps hundreds of instances of members being called out and/or expelled from all political parties for unsavory views, but you choose to show two from the Brexit party to suit your narrative.

You mention Livingstone or Galloway, so you are really saying that you do not want anyone you don't agree with to hold a political meeting at BP, and, horror of horrors, hold up a Town shirt.

once again you misrepresent what i said , either wilfully, naively or simply by an inability to read a post.
i don't want any politician from the extremes to be associating themselves with my club, which as i said is trying manfully, to shed it's old poor image and become a modern, inclusive community club.
i never even mentioned the fact about the facilities being used by Farage. Indeed i don't have a problem with the club hiring out it's facilities - they were caught between a rock and a hard place for 2 reasons a) imagine the furore that would've been caused by Brexit party supporters that the club was denying a legal political party the chance to hold  a meeting, - denial of free speech etc. and b) the club could've become embroiled in a political row, given the party allegiance of our beloved supreme leader. can you imagine the headlines; 'Tory council leader bans Brexit Party from holding meeting' ?

please try to read the posts carefully before shooting from the hip, and i'd be grateful in future if you would refrain from misrepresenting my points. Thanks you
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 320
mariner91
November 15, 2019, 10:34am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,254
Gold Stars: 253

Christ on a bike - even Jewish MP's have left to stand for other parties. Isn't it funny it is not racism as we know it when it affects your preferred party?

When did I say it isn't racism? I have no doubts that there will be a small percentage of Labour Party members who are anti-semitic. Racism is deplorable in any shape or form. But your claims that the party is riddled with it just isn't backed up with evidence. There may be anti-zionist sentiments but that is not the same and anyone who thinks it is needs to educate themselves. Has the party done enough to sort out the minority of issues that are present? Probably not. But saying it's riddled with it just shows that you're easily led by the right wing, capitalist media that fear Corbyn.

There is far more evidence of racism from Tory members (Windrush scandal, hostile environment, rampant Islamophobia) and Farage (singing Hitler youth songs as a child, Breaking Point poster, anti-semitic views on national radio) but you'll let that slide cause it doesn't fit your narrative.

Looking forward to a brighter future now Fenty has gone.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 320
grimsby pete
November 15, 2019, 10:38am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
Well  that was an experience ,

Reading all the posts on here.

Well I am afraid to admit I have just seen Farage holding his Town shirt on the Victoria Derbyshire programme  ,

What a disgrace !!!!!!!!!!!

Me watching the Victoria Derbyshire programme I mean.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 93 - 320
sam gy
November 15, 2019, 10:38am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +18 / -3
Approval: +5,387
Gold Stars: 53

What about the Town fans who support the Brexit party? Don't they have a choice?

I think you're missing my point.

The club has managed to divide it’s fan base by allowing a political party to use their facilities and latch on to the club’s name for it’s own gain. Doesn’t matter where you stand politically, this was categorically a terrible decision by the club.

No one is saying you don’t get a say….you’re having it right now.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 94 - 320
lew chaterleys lover
November 15, 2019, 10:41am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,547
Gold Stars: 231
Quoted from sam gy

I think you're missing my point.

The club has managed to divide it’s fan base by allowing a political party to use their facilities and latch on to the club’s name for it’s own gain. Doesn’t matter where you stand politically, this was categorically a terrible decision by the club.

No one is saying you don’t get a say….you’re having it right now.

So presumably you want a blanket ban of political parties holding meetings at BP?
Private Message
Reply: 95 - 320
rancido
November 15, 2019, 10:43am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,448
Gold Stars: 92

So presumably you want a blanket ban of political parties holding meetings at BP?

No, I think it only applies to the political parties some posters don't agree with.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 96 - 320
gtfc98
November 15, 2019, 10:45am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,038
Gold Stars: 65
Quoted from jock dock tower
Farage is the modern day Oswald Moseley, and the club have given him free rein to associate them with him. It's beyond stomach churning.

Exactly that! History will not look favourably on him.

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 97 - 320
forza ivano
November 15, 2019, 10:49am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.47
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,140
Gold Stars: 265

that position does have some logic
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 98 - 320
grimsby pete
November 15, 2019, 10:56am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
I would imagine all the posters giving it some about Farage holding a meeting at the club would come on here and say a lot about Boris or any other leader of a party if they held a meeting at our political  free club.

Fenty has said we need to get more revenue into the club apart from a match day and when they do the Fishy goes banana's.

Don't blame the club for trying to get extra revenue .

As fans we have no say in who rents Blundell Park and that is correct otherwise it would never be hired out.

We all have views on what direction we want our country to go in and neither of the leavers or remainers are right or wrong its just their personal view, There is no need for all the name calling that some on here revert to when they are not getting the other person to change their mind.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 99 - 320
33 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Non Football › Football Against Facism

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.