Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Football Against Facism
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 26 Guests

Football Against Facism

This thread currently has 28,424 views. Print
33 Pages Prev ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... Next All Recommend Thread
KingstonMariner
November 15, 2019, 10:18pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from rancido

Hireing the club facilities is business - pure and simple. If you are a committed vegan, are you going to make a big issue over the fact that the club serves meat products? The UK has a huge arms industry, would you complain that some of it's customers are not to your liking and jeopardise jobs, people's livelihoods, just to take the higher moral ground. Get real and realise this is the real world and not some Utopia dreamed up in a student common room.

That's weak logic coming from you Rancido. There are plenty of people who object to the UK arms industry selling arms to dodgy foreign countries like Saudi Arabia. Committed vegans would never book a venue that had meat offerings. Whether you agree with them or not, what you said is illogical.

And from a business point of view having the Brexit booking is going to harm GTFC commercially. For a start it's alienated more fans than is worth it for a few hundred quid. It's not endeared itself to politicians, local or national, who will have a say on decisions that could affect its future - whether or not those politicians should let a thing like that affect them. It's RANK STUPIDTY!

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 190 - 320
KingstonMariner
November 15, 2019, 10:24pm
Meths Drinker

It is still too  much of a stretch to compare the workings of Parliament with the ability of the Brexit party to hold a meeting at BP. We are all hypocrites to a degree - you presumably are quite happy for the Labour party to hold any meetings where they like whilst denying Brexit supporters the same privilege.

Of course it's not too much of a stretch. It's directly comparable.

And if you read my posts on the subject this week (including today) you'd have noticed that I have consistently said the club should not allow bookings from any political party, especially during an election campaign. But then you just have one line you trot out consistently with no regard to whatever anyone says.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 191 - 320
KingstonMariner
November 15, 2019, 10:26pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from Marinerz93

Don't let the cry babies get to you, you don't even need to reply to the millennial's who say ok boomer to you, You get in your expensive car and go back to your big house and you enjoy your nice life, whilst they sit their in their self loathing crying how life is unfair into their pumpkin latte.

Grow up Boomer!

(And I speak as a Baby Boomer)

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 192 - 320
KingstonMariner
November 15, 2019, 10:28pm
Meths Drinker

Thank you - much appreciated. Certain things seem to trigger an avalanche of confected outrage none more so than Nigel Farage with all the usual mudslinging that goes with it.
[/b]

Alas, the mere mention of Farage is too much of a trigger.

Even I am bored with it now so will make this my last post on the matter!

It's not confected sunbeam.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 193 - 320
Croxton
November 15, 2019, 10:37pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.75
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,014
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from Vance Warner
Disgusted about the whole episode and what has happened to the club and the shirt I love. You can say all you want about the Brexit Party and tell me I'm over reacting but the bottom line is I won't be attending BP again this season. That is why this should never have been allowed to happen.

With respect, you are overreacting. This is likely to be yet another clusterfack decision by an inept backroom staff looking to max out business revenue. But....... if indeed the request to hire the premises was signed off at Board level, then they should explain themselves. Why were issues of bias, fan reaction, access to the club shirt etc not foreseen? Does nothing penetrate the BP bubble? Keep out of Politics. We are not FGR, Celtic or Rangers.
I will be going to support the team, especially the younger emerging talent, who have nothing to do with this furore. If the team rally to  Limbrick and Moore I will book my hotel in Carlisle, climb Blencathra then see us do battle against another managerless club.

Meanwhile, in the absence of clarification from the club, it would be nice to read some emollient words from the Trust to reaffirm the apolitical stance of our fan base.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 194 - 320
ska face
November 15, 2019, 10:38pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,643
Gold Stars: 840
Good of marinerz93 to chime in. I did wonder how long it’d take the antisemitic, “great replacement” theoretic, tinfoil-hat wing of the forum to get involved. Truly a mind completely addled with far-right propaganda.
Private Message
Reply: 195 - 320
Eastendmariner
November 15, 2019, 10:54pm
Mariners Trust Life Member
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +8 / -5
Approval: +940
Gold Stars: 22
who on earth let that scumbag in, this low life is a two faced liar spouting bile for political gain  I'm disgusted to be honest

Mariner Trust Life Member  

Seen the Mariners win AWAY at 70 league Grounds

Grounds Visited 281[img][/img]

Blundell Park a Training ground for bum ref's
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 196 - 320
arryarryarry
November 15, 2019, 11:01pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,040
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from sam gy
If people can’t get their head around why it is a bad move for a football club at the heart of local community to hire out their facilities to a divisive political party and let them use the clubs name to promote their agenda/campaign, then I despair.

The mammoth thread on here and the discussions on social media show that this was clearly a stupid move on the clubs part. Online/social media doesn’t account for everyone I know, but it’s a pretty big snapshot and a good indication of opinion.

It’s not about free speech, it’s not about silencing any political party and it’s followers. It was just a flipping stupid move. This was clearly not ‘just business’ for some function room.

For felicitations sake sunshine where have you been the last 20 years or so. All political parties are devisive. Do you not remember millions marching against the Iraq war but that girl private Blair (and his puppy Campbell) ignored them.

Have you not seen those Labour voters being asked about Corbyn and some saying they would rather vote Consevative, the LibDems saying they will ignore 17.4 million people in a democratic vote if they (in their dreams) become the Government and the Conservatives not knowing which way to face.

All politicians are flipping liars and only say what they want you to hear.  
Private Message
Reply: 197 - 320
Eastendmariner
November 15, 2019, 11:22pm
Mariners Trust Life Member
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +8 / -5
Approval: +940
Gold Stars: 22
HERTGTFC

Totally agree

Are we really that hard up    £££.

Mariner Trust Life Member  

Seen the Mariners win AWAY at 70 league Grounds

Grounds Visited 281[img][/img]

Blundell Park a Training ground for bum ref's
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 198 - 320
TAGG
November 15, 2019, 11:27pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,962
Gold Stars: 124
FFS
flipping moaning fornicators
intercourse off you bunch of liberal left wing im offended by any old excrement tossers.
Whats this Football against Facism??
Hitler was a fascist this bloke is just a clown.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 199 - 320
33 Pages Prev ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Football Against Facism

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.