Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Football Against Facism
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 29 Guests

Football Against Facism

This thread currently has 28,418 views. Print
33 Pages Prev ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Limerick Mariner
November 16, 2019, 12:19am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,693
Gold Stars: 136
Vote for Melanie Onn and keep these pr!cks and their Eton bullshitting buddy out of Grimsby and Westminster. Brexit would have been done and dusted long ago if the Maybot had listened to Labour MPs instead of trying and failing to keep the ERG on board.

Whatever happens on 12th December we'll be back in the EU or at least the EEA in 10 years or so, because it's what our youth want, the country will just be hundreds of £ billions worse off.

Those shirts should be burnt...  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 200 - 320
Rik e B
November 16, 2019, 12:29am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
I've just seen this but can't understand why Brexit or the Brexit Party is fascist or racist!

And again I haven't read this thread but had no problem with a political party hiring McMenemy's, but the shirt thing seems a bit of a gaffe considering there are many and varied political beliefs amongst so supporters. Grimsby and Cleethorpes voted by one of the largest margins in the country to leave but despite being a proud Brexiteers myself, the club should have remained neutral politically.

We go to football to all come together and forget about the world for a couple of hours. The likes of Kingston and others bore me senseless whining on about Brexit but when it comes to GTFC we largely in agreement.

Not like the bat excrement crazy Liberal extremists to ott scream hysterical over the slightest thing that doesn't fit their world view though 🙄
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 201 - 320
KingstonMariner
November 16, 2019, 12:32am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from TAGG
FFS
Fukin moaning fornicators
intercourse off you bunch of liberal left wing im offended by any old excrement tossers.
Whats this Football against Facism??
Hitler was a fascist this bloke is just a clown.

Do I detect a hint offence being taken? 😆

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 202 - 320
KingstonMariner
November 16, 2019, 12:47am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Limerick Mariner
Vote for Melanie Onn and keep these pr!cks and their Eton bullshitting buddy out of Grimsby and Westminster. Brexit would have been done and dusted long ago if the Maybot had listened to Labour MPs instead of trying and failing to keep the ERG on board.

Whatever happens on 12th December we'll be back in the EU or at least the EEA in 10 years or so, because it's what our youth want, the country will just be hundreds of £ billions worse off.

Those shirts should be burnt...  

I think you’re right about May. Any sensible person with an understanding of negotiation would have made sure she had all the key stakeholders aligned before going in to bat. Especially as this is such a long term issue it should transcend the normal electoral cycle. Instead she decided she knew best. Reminds me of my ex-wife 😆

Better to have people on the inside of the tent pissing out than on the outside pissing in.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 203 - 320
MarinerWY
November 16, 2019, 12:59am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +1,988
Gold Stars: 47
I'm not going to BP again this season. Been going since I was 2 (albeit not of my own accord!). flipping disgrace
Private Message
Reply: 204 - 320
Limerick Mariner
November 16, 2019, 1:28am
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from KingstonMariner

I think you’re right about May. Any sensible person with an understanding of negotiation would have made sure she had all the key stakeholders aligned before going in to bat. Especially as this is such a long term issue it should transcend the normal electoral cycle. Instead she decided she knew best. Reminds me of my ex-wife 😆

Better to have people on the inside of the tent pissing out than on the outside pissing in.

IMHO there is no good Brexit. But I would have accepted the type of Brexit that Melanie wanted. That can only be acheived now through a Labour government (very likely a minority one) and a leave vote in a second referendum. An unfettered Tory majority will bring a disastrous hard Brexit - possibly ending up as no-deal in a years time, The fanatics have taken over. Even my MP, Alan Duncan, a one nation Tory, but complete loyalist, is not standing again - he knows the right wing nutters are taking over...

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 205 - 320
Vance Warner
November 16, 2019, 8:32am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,786
Gold Stars: 102
Quoted from Croxton

With respect, you are overreacting. This is likely to be yet another clusterfack decision by an inept backroom staff looking to max out business revenue. But....... if indeed the request to hire the premises was signed off at Board level, then they should explain themselves. Why were issues of bias, fan reaction, access to the club shirt etc not foreseen? Does nothing penetrate the BP bubble? Keep out of Politics. We are not FGR, Celtic or Rangers.
I will be going to support the team, especially the younger emerging talent, who have nothing to do with this furore. If the team rally to  Limbrick and Moore I will book my hotel in Carlisle, climb Blencathra then see us do battle against another managerless club.

Meanwhile, in the absence of clarification from the club, it would be nice to read some emollient words from the Trust to reaffirm the apolitical stance of our fan base.

With respect unless you know how strongly I feel about it and the reasons for that you can't say I'm over-reacting. Agree with everything else you say and Blencathra followed by Carlise sounds great. I'm planning to be there myself and will continue to get to away games when I can but won't set foot in BP until there's significant change at the top.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 206 - 320
Croxton
November 16, 2019, 10:38am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.75
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,014
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from Vance Warner

With respect unless you know how strongly I feel about it and the reasons for that you can't say I'm over-reacting. Agree with everything else you say and Blencathra followed by Carlise sounds great. I'm planning to be there myself and will continue to get to away games when I can but won't set foot in BP until there's significant change at the top.

We must all take stock and follow our consciences. I am sure you have quite personal reasons for your decision.

Absorbing the impact of 'shirtgate' and Jolley's sacking will take time and both are shrouded in the fog of suspicion and dubious circumstances. The downbeat atmosphere at recent games, low crowds, torrid tactics and rancid results have made me question whether to attend as many away fixtures. I erased Cambridge and Northampton from the calendar but kept Carlisle for personal reasons.
More of us, I am sure, will default to going on a game by game basis as more 'facts' emerge. Meanwhile, the tumble weed gathers.
BTW Vance, I won't be tackling Sharp Edge again. Too old for scary routes in Winter!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 207 - 320
SomeSanity
November 16, 2019, 12:45pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +855
Gold Stars: 1
Not only is this a PR disaster for our football club. It is a PR disaster for our sponsor too. All it takes is one person to tweet the picture of the Farage shirt and refuse to buy Young’s products because of their perceived backing of him and this spreads as is the nature of Twitter and social media as a whole.

As I said previously, as a brand you do not touch religion or politics. It’s marketing suicide.

Well done GTFC, yet again you throw the club in the gutter, when will you employ staff with any working experience beyond that flipping office?

I have worked in brand relations so know what I’m talking about.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 208 - 320
Limerick Mariner
November 16, 2019, 1:06pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from SomeSanity
Not only is this a PR disaster for our football club. What is a PR disaster for our sponsor too. All it takes is one person to tweet the picture of the Farage shirt and refuse to buy Young’s products because of their perceived backing of him and this spreads as is the nature of Twitter and social media as a whole.

As I said previously, as a brand you do not touch religion or politics. It’s marketing suicide.

Well done GTFC, yet again you throw the club in the gutter, when will you employ staff with any working experience beyond that flipping office?

I have worked in brand relations so know what I’m talking about.

Good point.

Something else occurred - who point the names on the shirts - was that done in the club shop?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 209 - 320
33 Pages Prev ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Football Against Facism

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.