Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Football Against Facism
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 45 Guests

Football Against Facism

This thread currently has 28,314 views. Print
33 Pages Prev ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... Next All Recommend Thread
ska face
November 15, 2019, 1:42pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,568
Gold Stars: 839
Quoted from gtfc98

Don't abandon us there's not many sane ones left!

#GetSkaFaceOnTwitter

I’ll be leaving the country if it goes mammaries up, never mind twitter.
Private Message
Reply: 150 - 320
lew chaterleys lover
November 15, 2019, 1:46pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,660
Gold Stars: 234
Quoted from ska face

Being clever will not work with you.

Well I think that’s quite clear! Have a lovely weekend

You too. Are you going to a Corbyn rally, or will he be banned ?
Private Message
Reply: 151 - 320
gtfc98
November 15, 2019, 1:46pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,066
Gold Stars: 68
Quoted from ska face

I’ll be leaving the country if it goes mammaries up, never mind twitter.

I already am!  

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 152 - 320
Maringer
November 15, 2019, 2:00pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,412
Gold Stars: 184

Oh come on - pull the other one!

Had Corbyn held a rally at BP during this election you would have been first in the queue to get the best seat in the house! You would have had absolutely no problem whatsoever with the Labour party being there.

You are now trying to tell the Brexit party where they can and cannot hold election meetings. What is up wtih you? You must surely see it is undemocratic and plain wrong. You have let your apparent disgust of the Brexit party cloud your judgement.

As I've never been a member of a political party and have never been to a political rally, you'd be wrong about that.

Also, please don't insinuate I'm a liar. When I say wouldn't agree with the club hosting any political rally, I meant what I said. The fakery is ridiculous - does anybody really think Farage gives one tiny toss about GTFC when he's holding up a shirt? It's a PR stunt offering free publicity.

I'd imagine Corbyn is nominally an Arsenal fan (as you'd expect from somebody who has lived in Islington for decades) but my guess is that he's really not that bothered about football. Having to attend matches at a weekend would get in the way of all sorts of protests and marches. Not a Cameron type who was so stupid, he forgot he should be pretending to support Villa instead of West Ham.

If a political party wants to hire a venue for a general meeting outside of an election campaign, it wouldn't be so bad, I suppose. However, this was nothing more than a PR stunt and the tacit implication is that GTFC (and by association, their fans) supports Farage and his dogwhistle brand of politics. That's what makes me feel sick.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 153 - 320
mariner91
November 15, 2019, 2:16pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,580
Gold Stars: 260

I hope that happens Pete, then we would have another load of hyperbolic nonsense from the other side.

Free speech for all I say.

Actually, aren't there discriminatory laws the club has to abide by? Imagine the stink if the Brexit party (or any other party) had tried to hire the venue and the club said no. That would make the front pages, and if it was illegal on the grounds of discrimination a court case.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 154 - 320
lew chaterleys lover
November 15, 2019, 2:30pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from Maringer

As I've never been a member of a political party and have never been to a political rally, you'd be wrong about that.

Also, please don't insinuate I'm a liar. When I say wouldn't agree with the club hosting any political rally, I meant what I said. The fakery is ridiculous - does anybody really think Farage gives one tiny toss about GTFC when he's holding up a shirt? It's a PR stunt offering free publicity.

I'd imagine Corbyn is nominally an Arsenal fan (as you'd expect from somebody who has lived in Islington for decades) but my guess is that he's really not that bothered about football. Having to attend matches at a weekend would get in the way of all sorts of protests and marches. Not a Cameron type who was so stupid, he forgot he should be pretending to support Villa instead of West Ham.

If a political party wants to hire a venue for a general meeting outside of an election campaign, it wouldn't be so bad, I suppose. However, this was nothing more than a PR stunt and the tacit implication is that GTFC (and by association, their fans) supports Farage and his dogwhistle brand of politics. That's what makes me feel sick.

Nice try but it wont wash with me. You are a big Corbyn fan are you not? You would not have blinked an eyelid if the Labour party had hired that venue.
Private Message
Reply: 155 - 320
lew chaterleys lover
November 15, 2019, 2:32pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from mariner91

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.

You had better stop posting then!

Imagine the furore if the Brexit party had been denied hiring the facilities at BP because they were, err the Brexit party!

The media would have had a field day.
Private Message
Reply: 156 - 320
Maringer
November 15, 2019, 3:11pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,412
Gold Stars: 184

Nice try but it wont wash with me. You are a big Corbyn fan are you not? You would not have blinked an eyelid if the Labour party had hired that venue.

Second polite request. Stop calling me a liar. I wouldn't have said I don't think any political party should be holding rallies at BP if I didn't mean it.

Despite my support for the only major left-wing party in the UK these days, I'm not a huge fan of Corbyn who hasn't perhaps been the strongest of leaders and has definitely dithered too much at times. However, I can appreciate he has been on the back foot from day one after his unexpected victory in the leadership election. We've seen the Blairite rump of the party do absolutely everything they can to get rid of him including a couple of failed coups (even though his mandate from Labour members was huge), we've seen their friendly media launch attack after attack and, of course, the right-wing media are always going to be lying and obfuscating about anything that is said or done. It's the lies that irritate me most. The media pump out outright lies which intensify in the lead up to an election. Up until the 2015 election, I had a subscription to The Times because, though obviously right-leaning, their news reporting was generally relatively balanced (it was just half the columnists who were whack jobs). However, once the 2015 election campaign began, the paper was flooded with articles which were telling outright lies about Miliband, Labour policies and economics. I cancelled my subscription in disgust because I'm not paying for propaganda. I hate the fact that outright lies rather than intelligent policy based on proper is what is winning elections these days.

For all Corbyn's failings, I do recognise that he's an authentic politician which is more than can be said about those who stand against him - the Johnsons, Farages and Swinsons of this world. Does anybody seriously think Corbyn is in it for himself after being happy to sit on the backbenches for decades, spending his time working for his consituents and campaigning for human rights, anti-racism, peace, equality etc etc? It's clear that he wants to improve the lot of the poorest in society and the Labour Party is the only major political party with this clear aim.

The only involvement I've had with the party is I registered as a supporter back in 2015 to vote in the leadership election and I think it was 20 quid I donated at the time. I seem to recall I donated the same amount last election and will do the same again this time. I don't have the time or inclination to join the party itself though they are now more closely aligned with my politics.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 157 - 320
lew chaterleys lover
November 15, 2019, 3:34pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from Maringer

Second polite request. Stop calling me a liar. I wouldn't have said I don't think any political party should be holding rallies at BP if I didn't mean it.

Despite my support for the only major left-wing party in the UK these days, I'm not a huge fan of Corbyn who hasn't perhaps been the strongest of leaders and has definitely dithered too much at times. However, I can appreciate he has been on the back foot from day one after his unexpected victory in the leadership election. We've seen the Blairite rump of the party do absolutely everything they can to get rid of him including a couple of failed coups (even though his mandate from Labour members was huge), we've seen their friendly media launch attack after attack and, of course, the right-wing media are always going to be lying and obfuscating about anything that is said or done. It's the lies that irritate me most. The media pump out outright lies which intensify in the lead up to an election. Up until the 2015 election, I had a subscription to The Times because, though obviously right-leaning, their news reporting was generally relatively balanced (it was just half the columnists who were whack jobs). However, once the 2015 election campaign began, the paper was flooded with articles which were telling outright lies about Miliband, Labour policies and economics. I cancelled my subscription in disgust because I'm not paying for propaganda. I hate the fact that outright lies rather than intelligent policy based on proper is what is winning elections these days.

For all Corbyn's failings, I do recognise that he's an authentic politician which is more than can be said about those who stand against him - the Johnsons, Farages and Swinsons of this world. Does anybody seriously think Corbyn is in it for himself after being happy to sit on the backbenches for decades, spending his time working for his consituents and campaigning for human rights, anti-racism, peace, equality etc etc? It's clear that he wants to improve the lot of the poorest in society and the Labour Party is the only major political party with this clear aim.

The only involvement I've had with the party is I registered as a supporter back in 2015 to vote in the leadership election and I think it was 20 quid I donated at the time. I seem to recall I donated the same amount last election and will do the same again this time. I don't have the time or inclination to join the party itself though they are now more closely aligned with my politics.

Apologies for any offence caused, I thought we were debating the hypocrisy of some people who would allow one party to hold a rally but not another. If you say you would ban all parties having a meeting during an election at BP then I believe you.

I don't think that applies to other people on here though, who would be quite happy to see a Labour party meeting at BP, but not so keen on others having the same privilege.Was it the Labour party who held a rally at Blackpool FC, I wonder if there was an outcry there about that?
Private Message
Reply: 158 - 320
mariner91
November 15, 2019, 3:38pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,580
Gold Stars: 260

You had better stop posting then!

Imagine the furore if the Brexit party had been denied hiring the facilities at BP because they were, err the Brexit party!

The media would have had a field day.

“Dear Mr Farage,

Thank you for your enquiry about using our function room to host a political meeting with your supporters. As a football club we try to remain politically neutral as we understand we have a wide range of political leanings from across the political spectrum amongst our fanbase. We do not wish to alienate any of our fans or be seen to be endorsing any political party.

It is therefore, with regret, that we have to reject your request to use our function room. However, we wish you the best of luck in finding another suitable venue nearby.

Yours sincerely
Grimsby Town Football Club”

That was hard wasn’t it?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 159 - 320
33 Pages Prev ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Football Against Facism

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.