Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Football Against Facism
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 7 Guests

Football Against Facism

This thread currently has 27,925 views. Print
33 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... Next All Recommend Thread
oochiad
November 15, 2019, 11:44am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +3,647
Gold Stars: 27
This is appalling, I hate Farage and everything he stands for, to see this man at our club is unforgivable. It will divide our support massively and is such a bad move. Shame on the people who let this happen.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 110 - 320
rancido
November 15, 2019, 11:44am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,446
Gold Stars: 91
It's hard to believe the amount of sanctimonious hyperbole that has been aired in 11 pages of views on this thread.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 111 - 320
Sir Matt Tease
November 15, 2019, 11:45am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +7 / -1
Approval: +266
Gold Stars: 31
This post must qualify as the most boring ever featured on a football forum. I for one am sick to death of every discussion that involves an ism ! Sexism, Racism Facism etc etc etc.

The younger generation today are obsessed with it, people are desperate to be offended about something or other during the course of their everyday lives.

I for one am glad that I was  child of the seventies when you were told to treat others the way you would like to be treated yourself. A simple but effective rule that the majority of us adhered to.

This is a football forum and as such should be used for football related discussion. Football and politics to do not mix !

PS, If I have offended anyone.........................................tough excrement !
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 112 - 320
Dan
November 15, 2019, 11:50am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +36 / -17
Approval: +551
Ok boomer

Quoted from John Fenty, April 2013
I deconstructed the flag to the point where it was safe and couldn’t be considered a danger
Private Message
Reply: 113 - 320
Maringer
November 15, 2019, 11:54am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,140
Gold Stars: 180

So presumably you want a blanket ban of political parties holding meetings at BP?

Yep, during an election campaign at the very least. If the Brexit Party want to hold a rally at BP, why aren't they fielding a candidate in Cleethorpes? Wasn't there anywhere in Grimsby where it could have been held?

Would be interesting to see if any one of the other 92 clubs have hosted Farage and his hangers-on. I can't say his party members because, as noted before, the Brexit Party Ltd only has 3 members - well, directors. Lots of 'registered supporters', certainly, but no members with any voting rights or even rights for the hopefuls to be refunded the money they paid to be considered as candidates in the first place! And they call people who want us to remain in the UK antidemocratic...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 114 - 320
forza ivano
November 15, 2019, 11:57am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.47
Rep Score: +73 / -18
Approval: +15,139
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from Sir Matt Tease
This post must qualify as the most boring ever featured on a football forum. I for one am sick to death of every discussion that involves an ism ! Sexism, Racism Facism etc etc etc.

The younger generation today are obsessed with it, people are desperate to be offended about something or other during the course of their everyday lives.

I for one am glad that I was  child of the seventies when you were told to treat others the way you would like to be treated yourself. A simple but effective rule that the majority of us adhered to.

This is a football forum and as such should be used for football related discussion. Football and politics to do not mix !

PS, If I have offended anyone.........................................tough excrement !

well they obviously do, hence the thread and arguments
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 115 - 320
Maringer
November 15, 2019, 12:03pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,140
Gold Stars: 180

It is hard to believe that Coun Fenty was not aware and gave his blessing. If not then he really is dafter than I thought and that takes some doing, but for certain someone's head should roll.

It does reek of a Fentyism. Even if he's a Brexiteer himself (which seems quite possible), not understanding this would be so divisive and would alienate a substantial chunk of the fanbase is just stupidity.

Perhaps he's sacked Jolley to deflect attention?

Just kidding. I think.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 116 - 320
gtfc98
November 15, 2019, 12:12pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,038
Gold Stars: 65
Quoted from golfer
Next home match- Tory and Brexit in the stands  Labour,Remainers,Greens,Fascists,and non-democratic Liberal Dems in Toilets  

You really are a stupid girl private.

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 117 - 320
gtfc98
November 15, 2019, 12:15pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,038
Gold Stars: 65
Quoted from Sir Matt Tease

IN MY DAY YOU HAD RESPEKT FOR YOUR ELDERS AND YOU WERKED HARD FOR UR MASTERS AND MEN WERE MEN AND WOMEN WERE WOMEN AND IF THEY WERNT IN THE KITCHEN WERE THEY BELOYNGD THEN ID STOP THERE POKIT MONEY.

Ok Boomer.

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 118 - 320
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
November 15, 2019, 12:38pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from gtfc98

IN MY DAY YOU HAD RESPEKT FOR YOUR ELDERS AND YOU WERKED HARD FOR UR MASTERS AND MEN WERE MEN AND WOMEN WERE WOMEN AND IF THEY WERNT IN THE KITCHEN WERE THEY BELOYNGD THEN ID STOP THERE POKIT MONEY.

Ok Boomer.

Very witty.

Just a point of fact - “boomers” were born before our present monarch came to the throne in 1952. It was called “the bulge” in those days because it was the rise in the birth rate after WW2 when those who had been fighting fascism came home. Therefore to call someone who was a child of the 70s a “boomer” is just lazy and plain wrong. They are more likely to be the children of “boomers”.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 119 - 320
33 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Football Against Facism

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.