Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › John Fenty: "A Message To Our Supporters"
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 31 Guests

John Fenty: "A Message To Our Supporters"

This thread currently has 24,567 views. Print
16 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 All Recommend Thread
BenBB
May 6, 2018, 10:56pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +1 / -2
Approval: +843
Gold Stars: 30
New statement released just now by John Fenty.

https://www.grimsby-townfc.co......d-together-stronger/

Looks like Jolley will be staying?

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
horsforthmariner
May 6, 2018, 11:00pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +2,610
Gold Stars: 9
A long statement that says very little
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 152
SteffiMariner
May 6, 2018, 11:02pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +408
Gold Stars: 19
Well, that'll out the Fishy in a melt down. Quite a good statement in my eyes. PR appears to be improving alongside results...
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 152
Balthazar Bullitt
May 6, 2018, 11:03pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +10 / -1
Approval: +2,260
Gold Stars: 16
Quoted from horsforthmariner
A long statement that says very little

It basically says "it's not my fault"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 152
Rodley Mariner
May 6, 2018, 11:07pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 176
Just more of the same justifications. Yesterday's scenes and that statement are completely unnecessary.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 152
kevikov
May 6, 2018, 11:11pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +14 / -5
Approval: +834
Gold Stars: 13
Quoted from Balthazar Bullitt

It basically says "it's not my fault"

Standard John Fenty.

Rightly or wrongly? Wrongly John, obviously. A blind man could see the wheels had come off and we were in freefall. To back Slade and then back him through the transfer window again, only to sack him soon after was pure madness and as close to negligent as I can imagine.

If I walk away, people will say he's turned his back on the fans and thinks he's better than us? Better that than constantly interacting in an unprofessional way and quite franklyeffing up any and all goodwill every time he does it. Learn some simple lessons John, keep quiet, keep out of sight and have some respect.

I was there, the day Bradley Wood scored a 35 yarder!

From the black and white striped shirts
To the fish in the sea
You'll hear us singing
Coz we are Grimsby.

You won't hear us crying
But you'll hear us shout
Coz we are the Grimsby
And this is our chant.......... Grimsby! Grimsby! Grimsby!

A.S.A.F.A.T.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 152
LH

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,503
Gold Stars: 173
Cliche central.
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 152
RoboCod
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
"Rightly or wrongly"

Mostly wrongly.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 152
WOZOFGRIMSBY
May 6, 2018, 11:13pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,816
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
Just more of the same justifications. Yesterday's scenes and that statement are completely unnecessary.

This in leaps and bounds

Arguing with fans about slade when even stevie wonder was in the #sladeout camp! Put your hands up and admit you were wrong

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 152
davmariner
May 6, 2018, 11:15pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,911
Gold Stars: 79
Wonder who the contractual development refers to.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 152
Father Christmas
May 6, 2018, 11:17pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: -10
Quoted from davmariner
Wonder who the contractual development refers to.

Hopefully agreed to terminate Kelly and Dixons contracts
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 152
hheh2
May 6, 2018, 11:22pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +759
Gold Stars: 4
Basically more material for Tommy of the Town

Poojah's fishy

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 152
Marinerz93
May 6, 2018, 11:28pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
The bit that made me laugh was"I am always open to dialogue with our supporters" when at the fans forum someone explained to him what the club did was wrong and Fenty said that's your opinion, when it was the majorities opinion

Also the cautionary tales of Hartlepool United, York City, Rushden & Diamonds, Darlington, Stockport County, Chester City, putting those up as examples of justification for the excrement we have had to endure under his appalling tenure exposes the clubs lack of ambition and why we are failing under his and his yes men.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 152
Cloudy
May 6, 2018, 11:28pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Makes me physically sick. How much longer will Town fans buy this shite.

Not one admittance of any kind of error, ever!!

No humility whatsoever, he makes me want to walk away.

One last time "SHUT THE intercourse UP"
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 152
RichMariner
May 6, 2018, 11:34pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,132
Gold Stars: 209
It literally says in that statement, in black and white, he makes no apologies (for what he thinks are in the best interests of the club).

The bloke cannot apologise and cannot take any responsibility for anything bad that's happened. It's always someone else's fault (usually the fans'), or circumstance.

John, with the greatest respect, your judgment of what's in the best interests of this football club is what took it into non-league - and nearly again. You are a poor judge of character and you have proven that you make a succession of bad decisions that have threatened the future of this football club.

I believe you when you say you have our best interests at heart but over these last 16 years or so we've lurched from one bad season to another under your stewardship. That is beyond coincidence.

That statement says nothing other than 'I'm only human and I'll keep doing what I think is right, even if you don't like it, and you should continue to support me'.

He talks about disappointments but takes none of the blame. That statement is incredibly defensive. I don't agree that he's open and honest - he has slanging matches with fans. That's not being open an honest. That's just being nasty and antagonistic.

Once again there's reference to 'rolling with the punches'. So many of his statements are littered with aggressive metaphors. The guy is incredibly aggressive - you don't need a degree in psychology to see that.

All in all that's a pretty useless statement. It's simply John's effort to defend himself but he's framed it as if he's trying to rally the troops.

Sorry John but I see right through it. Scratch beneath the surface and it's nothing more than 'I'll keep doing what I think is right' - even though what you think is right is just damaging the club, year after year.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 14 - 152
Sussexmariner
May 6, 2018, 11:37pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +618
Gold Stars: 18
Setting up a “exile season membership scheme”

Fenty IN

Are we any closer to getting promoted since Hurst has been here? No

Has he been given time to achieve promotion by the chairman and fans? Yes

Hurst out
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 152
Bigdog
May 7, 2018, 12:03am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Only an idiot could be taken in by that unapologetic, passive aggressive, arrogant, condescending claptrap. He really does think that us GTFC fans haven't got a single brain cell between the lot of us..

The scary thing is, he believes in the rubbish he writes and also thinks it's an intelligent bulletproof statement to put out..

Somebody out there.. please save our club..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 152
KingstonMariner
May 7, 2018, 12:06am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Someone must have cloth ears, because the exile package has been suggested before as has the shift workers' ST.

There's one thing to add to what Rich, Cloudy and others have said. I don't now about anyone else but I don't love this football club for the ups and the downs. I don't think 'oh goodie, we're on a downward run because of inept management from the board down.'

If he wanted to make a statement reflecting on the end to the season and to look to the next, he should simply have stuck to a statement noting the (relative) success since MJ came, thanking the squad and management, and thanking the fans for their support which helped push the team over the line. Job done. But John Fenty can't do that can he? He has to try to justify himself and defend the indefensible.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 152
Zmariner
May 7, 2018, 12:21am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,127
Gold Stars: 44
JF says when somebody with the level of cash required is ready to step in , this is ok. As for Slade he did seem a safe pair of hands, I put £20 on us to win the league so I was taken in by the idiot Slade. only half way through this season did i realize that I had not seen such rotten home games since he was last in charge, so stick or twist with Slade, the numpty was plausible but 5 years past his sell by date, So here we are JF and the board have made a lot of mistakes I agree, Appointing Neil woods was the killer for me as that guy was hopeless. .Until this mystery takeover appears I am happy to go as we are. If any of the out brigade are prepared to step in then I will be a supporter but in all of these threads I never see a tangible alternative but plenty of noise, this is my point of view and I know I will get slaughtered for it utm
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 152
ginnywings
May 7, 2018, 12:57am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,112
Gold Stars: 548
What have we learned from that?

1) The board is going nowhere and take no responsibility for yet another appalling, error strewn season, on and off the pitch. The latest in a very long, and tiresome, line of bad seasons.

2) Statements are not proof read. "Wheeled the axe" ?

3) It could have been a lot worse. We could have been as sh1t as some other sh1ttier clubs that are more in the sh1t than we are.

4) We can't all be Lincoln or Bristol Rovers. Only other clubs know how to get it right first time and build on a success.

5) JF has skin as thick as a Rhino.

6) I will not be purchasing a season ticket.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 152
denni266
May 7, 2018, 1:11am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +696
Gold Stars: 132
I wonder how many will not be getting . renewing there season tickets now after that load of c**p, I know i wont be geting one now
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 152
ginnywings
May 7, 2018, 1:16am

Recovering Alcoholic
Almost forgot in all the excitement. Was that a little bit of good news thrown in there about a certain player and his contract?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 152
TAGG
May 7, 2018, 2:18am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,962
Gold Stars: 124
As usual what. Load of of flipping balderdash.
Say nothing.
If you are going to say anything say sorry I appointed Slade and sorry I kept faith in the idiot for so long.
Again a statement that shouldn’t have been made by an idiot that shouldn’t have made it.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 152
grimps
May 7, 2018, 3:08am
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,113
Gold Stars: 46
All he had to do is give MJ a top five budget , keep his mouth shut and pull his finger out and get us a new ground and there might just be a chance that the fans can forgive
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 152
lukeo
May 7, 2018, 6:22am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,372
Gold Stars: 145
I know many on here have it in for John but come on, he can't win whatever he does... Now I want a new fresh approach and would love someone to take over the club and John to step aside, but there is no one. What can he do? He's openly said 100 times if the right person(s) comes forward he will step aside, until then he's going to put money in if and when needed. I think the statement is OK. Not great, OK. He's saying he and the club are looking at ways to get the fans more involved and closer together. Isn't that what we want? Only time will tell but these past few weeks it feels like that bond and closeness is getting better, just a small example of trust holders getting 5% off St is a nice touch.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 152
ska face
May 7, 2018, 6:40am

Vodka Drinker
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,643
Gold Stars: 840
I’m glad Fenty kept Slade on to the detriment to the club in both the short and long term just so people didn’t think he was “trigger happy”. Certainly not something that troubled him as he sacked Bignot 6 months into a “3 year plan” he’d recently backed...

As others have said, yet more unapologetic balderdash from a bloke without a shred of empathy or foresight in his entire being. “I was only on the pitch to give Jolley some news about a contract” really? Does anyone actually buy this garbage? If that’s the case, why not wait 30 seconds until they’re done?

It will be a great, great day in this club’s history when he walks out of that door for the final time.
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 152
Davec
May 7, 2018, 7:00am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,441
Gold Stars: 42
I know what this Contract development is.

We can't give James McKeown a pay rise but to compensate that, we'll provide a bag of crisps to go in his daughters lunch box every day.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 152
louth_in_the_south
May 7, 2018, 7:12am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,672
Gold Stars: 94
I can understand why he feels the need to release a statement like this as it must be very frustrating for him to find himself in yet another argument with fans that’s made him look a bit silly . But I can’t understand why he gets himself in that position on the fooking first place !! He must’ve realised how relations between the club and fans has improved in the last few months since he’s kept his head down . But mr fenty simply cannot help himself .

FFS stop doing this Fenty !!

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 152
louth_in_the_south
May 7, 2018, 7:13am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,672
Gold Stars: 94
Oh and what exactly is an Exile Season Membership anyway ??

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 152
easypeersy
May 7, 2018, 7:20am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +7 / -5
Approval: +301
Gold Stars: 11
[/quote]  just a small example of trust holders getting 5% off St is a nice touch. [/quote]

I have already renewed my season ticket and paid £305 for pontoon.
How do I claim back my 5% and why did I not get charged £289.75 in the first place.
Online there was no option to state your trust membership number anywhere!
Can I go into the club shop and claim back £15.25
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 152
easypeersy
May 7, 2018, 7:21am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +7 / -5
Approval: +301
Gold Stars: 11
No mention of new ground in that statement
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 152
dapperz fun pub
May 7, 2018, 7:37am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,929
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from easypeersy
No mention of new ground in that statement

That’s cos it will never happen
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 152
Mendonca1995
May 7, 2018, 7:43am
Super Clive mendonca how much would he cost now
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.21
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +903
Gold Stars: 15
Following the statement it’s now up to you and the board john to show some real intent for next season and get James Mckeown signed on don’t make the same mistake as Shaun p last season,Both are Grimsby town through and through and that’s the kind of player the club needs for the fans especially,The bond between the players and fans is very much needed and has slowly come back over the last ten games or so and we need to keep that going as we have shown how successful we can be as a team on the pitch with performances of 2nd place in the form table,It’s now time to back jolley put your hand in your pocket and actually buy some quality players keep our best players with hardly no freebies or loan players, Quality players that’s what is gonna sell season tickets and put bums on seats at this club !!!! A couple of strikers is a must maybe goalscorers from lower league with fire in their bellies ie Hearn Bogle I’m sure jolley knows who he wants so now it’s the boards turn to show the fans they also mean business for next season UTM ALL TOWN ARENT WE ⚫️⚪️

ALL TOWN AREN'T WE ⚫️⚪️
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 152
TheRealJohnLewis
May 7, 2018, 8:06am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +13 / -8
Approval: +2,308
Gold Stars: 39
Quoted from lukeo
I know many on here have it in for John but come on, he can't win whatever he does... Now I want a new fresh approach and would love someone to take over the club and John to step aside, but there is no one. What can he do? He's openly said 100 times if the right person(s) comes forward he will step aside, until then he's going to put money in if and when needed. I think the statement is OK. Not great, OK. He's saying he and the club are looking at ways to get the fans more involved and closer together. Isn't that what we want? Only time will tell but these past few weeks it feels like that bond and closeness is getting better, just a small example of trust holders getting 5% off St is a nice touch.

The problem with your argument is that it's Fenty who is choosing the right person(s), and his character judgment is non-existent!
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 152
carrot top
May 7, 2018, 8:16am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +22 / -1
Approval: +817
Gold Stars: 2
Totally unnecessary statement filled with excuses. He has capped the season off in true JF style with his antics after the game and now this statement, which really means 'poor me'. Is there any wonder many fans are unhappy with this constant drivel
He just cannot help himself

[color=black]The Ecky 1977
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 152
buckstown
May 7, 2018, 8:24am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +16 / -6
Approval: +5,179
Still don't quite understand why he had to go on the pitch after the game to give MJ a contractual update, unless I missed something.
However, you sometimes have to read between the lines and when someone says I made this decision "rightly or wrongly" what they're saying is I got it wrong. It's a politicians apology. I also thing he's correct in saying it would be irresponsible to walk away without replacement leadership and financial support in place.
Someone on here said he needs a mentor to sit beside him and get him to consider the consequences of his actions. "John, why are you heading to the pitch? What might happen given your standing with our supporters? What positive things might happen as a result? Why not let MJ and the boys take their 5 minutes of glory? Good man John, sit back down, have a beer and thank your lucky stars you got something right two months ago"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 152
Biccys
May 7, 2018, 8:28am
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +55 / -22
Approval: +1,226
Gold Stars: 27
I just wish somebody would proof read the statements he puts out. It's so unprofessional to release things with basic grammatical errors all over it, it is awful. Also, it reads exactly how he speaks. He can't claim guys account has been hacked! I heard he is a bit dyslexic so even more reason to have things checked before hitting send. I guess that's just his arrogance shining through once again.
He's gotta go. Soon.

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 36 - 152
dapperz fun pub
May 7, 2018, 8:37am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,929
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from Biccys
I just wish somebody would proof read the statements he puts out. It's so unprofessional to release things with basic grammatical errors all over it, it is awful. Also, it reads exactly how he speaks. He can't claim guys account has been hacked! I heard he is a bit dyslexic so even more reason to have things checked before hitting send. I guess that's just his arrogance shining through once again.
He's gotta go. Soon.

By the look of it he isn’t going anywhere soon but a good starting point would be being open about what he actually wants to go. When that’s been put to him he flirts around football fortune etc etc
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 152
Grim74
May 7, 2018, 9:09am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +16 / -13
Approval: -1,909
Shock, horror club owner engage’s with the fans! A very reasonable statement in my opinion he made some valid points, he summed up the season well and was positive about next season, some fans and a proven  small minority (most of which must be on this site) will never get off his back its called a Fenty syndrome, aided and abetted by the planks at Cod all Mighty, if we were to win the league next season Fenty would still be in the wrong, it’s like watching CNN!

Thank you for the statement John, I know a lot of fans are already optimistic about next season, only yesterday I spoke to a couple who said they would be buying season tickets for the very first time, My only minor criticism is as a shift worker a season ticket wouldn’t be worthwhile for me and my family so maybe this could be looked at, as there are many more in the same boat.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 152
RoboCod
May 7, 2018, 9:19am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
it’s like watching CNN!  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 152
jock dock tower
May 7, 2018, 9:51am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
I think a number of people have hit on "he can't help it" thing, and it's true. After keeping out of the spotlight for the last few weeks to let MJ get on with the job he has to have his moment of glory. Jeezo John, anypone with a modicum of common sense would have known there would be the inevitable criticism, and rightly so. He had to talk to the manager about someone's contract? Please don't insult our intelligence. Oh, and the next time someone gets banned from being on the pitch at BP......

A professionally worded mea culpa after a week or so following the season's finish would have been so much more dignified, but he can't help it, can he?

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 152
Maringer
May 7, 2018, 9:59am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,490
Gold Stars: 185
As with pretty much all of the non-chairman's statements we've seen over the years, this was completely unnecessary and completely counter-productive.

Whenever Fenty gets the itch to post one of these statements, he should follow 2 basic rules:

1. Don't do it. Really, don't. Nothing good will come of it.
2. Get somebody to proof read/edit the statement but then still don't post it regardless of the time spent.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 152
TheCodfather1966
May 7, 2018, 10:09am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: -633
A long well thought out and articulate meSsage as ever from John Fenty.  If you didn't know better you could be forgiven for thinking this was written by a politician instead of the Chairman.  I would love to buy into this message and take all the positives from it, but sadly, this is the same type of standard message we seem to get at the end of every season.  Its a message to tug at the heart strings and make you go out and buy your season ticket once again.  The reality in my opinion is that not much will change at all.  Better players will be allowed to leave due to finance, and replacements will be sought of a cheap nature, and we will build a squad that will hold its own and nothing more.  Deep down behind closed doors I am quite sure that Fenty's opinion of the Town fans is rather similar to the Town fans opinion of him.  I must say though, that when you are taking constant abuse and flack, you are entitled to let off a bit of steam, so I personally don't blame Fenty for the odd outbreak of anger.  The bottom line in all of this is that we do need some forward thinking new Board with the finance and ambition to take the club forward to their natural position in the scheme of things, which  in my opinion would be mid table league one.  Throw in the odd cup run and the jobs a good' un.

I am not a Fenty fan in any shape or form, but to all the Fenty out brigade, be careful what you wish for.  Nobody else has stepped up to the plate in the last few years, and until such time, we are better off keeping the club stable.  The club needs Fenty more than Fenty needs the club........ UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 152
LondonMariner43
May 7, 2018, 10:15am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +19 / -4
Approval: +3,942
Gold Stars: 64
There are good and bad elements to this statement.  

Some positives that supporters of Fenty will highlight.  Some negatives that haters will highlight.

For me the important thing is this.  At the moment, no-one has come forward to buy the club. No one wants to front up a supporter ownership.  For the time being, we are stuck with the status quo.

The one clear positive of JF is that he is a fan and fall all his mistakes, he wants the club to do well.  He has that in common with the rest of us.

There is very little to be gained from a toxic atmosphere between owners and fans particularly if we have reasons to be optimistic on the pitch.  

Let’s back MJ and the players and keep our views of the Board for a grumble in the pub and not make it a reason for discontent at games.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 152
Grim74
May 7, 2018, 10:20am
Cocktail Drinker
Scraping the barrel when he gets criticised for his grammar FFS. I like that fact it's not perfection If he'd had it speech written they'd accuse him of Fraud.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 152
pen penfras
May 7, 2018, 10:23am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -127
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from jock dock tower
He had to talk to the manager about someone's contract? Please don't insult our intelligence.

But it's not that hard to conceive of a situation where he had to do that. McKeown obviously has interest from elsewhere and the situation needs resolving promptly. Maybe MJ has said what he wants to do the day before and the board need to discuss it. The board are at the match, discuss it and then JF goes to speak to MJ and put the offer across before they get on the coach, where it's not the appropriate place to discuss it in front of the rest of the squad. It's hardly far fetched.

He probably should have known better than to go to the fans, but they were beckoning him over and we know he wants to be open to fans. I'd like to see how the holier than thou brigade on here would respond in the same situation being called a liar and abused in the same way.

What really grates me, is that we can't just move on and support for next season. It's no coincidence that the upturn in form has come when the supporters have got behind the club and the whole atmosphere has been positive. The last couple of home games I've been to have been the best support I can remember.

I don't expect people to change their opinion, but this air of negativity hurts everybody. It's all well and good stomping your feet for JF to leave, but there's nobody to step in at the moment and success isn't going to come about by continually saying negative things. If everybody gets behind the team and continues the great support, I think Jolley could work wonders next season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 152
GrimRob
May 7, 2018, 10:31am

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,403
Gold Stars: 113
There are good points if you look for them, rather than dwell on the negative as some on this thread are prone to do. At least we get an explanation for the thinking behind not sacking Slade earlier, they nearly made a fatal mistake but to be fair I think few people anticipated such a dramatic nosedive as we had.

The Community Events are a good idea but the last one turned into a bit of a farce. Most of the suggestions for changes were batted off, but it's good to see at least some initiatives being taken on board like earlier season tickets and the new scheme for Exiles. They are never going to grant every wish, but the board do listen, and there can't be many clubs where the views of the supporters are as scrutinised as they are on here at times.

The regime change thing sounds a bit half-hearted. While it's all very well saying contact SM, it's far from encouraging and almost an offhand comment. There's no real evidence anyone has been approached. They may well have been but that's the way it comes across.

The biggest plus point though is that we have a manager everyone is behind for the first time for years (other than the first few days of the new manager's reign). It's the most excited I have felt about a new season for years, and am genuinely interested to see who he signs whereas a year ago I was expecting a few solid if unspectacular signings and a quest for a mid-season berth. I really do feel we'll be challenging at the top end next year, and can't wait to see the bookies prices as I am expecting long odds for promotion.

It's only two years ago that we had one of the most memorable ends to a season in years. Success and this board are not mutually exclusive. After two years in the wilderness I feel a good season is around the corner again.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Reply: 46 - 152
bax
May 7, 2018, 10:36am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +25 / -3
Approval: +2,645
Gold Stars: 30
No matter what has or hasn’t been said, all this does is divide the fan base again as soon as the manager has started to pull us all together. And it’s that bit he doesn’t and never will get.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 152
ska face
May 7, 2018, 10:46am

Vodka Drinker
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,643
Gold Stars: 840
Quoted from pen penfras

But it's not that hard to conceive of a situation where he had to do that. McKeown obviously has interest from elsewhere and the situation needs resolving promptly. Maybe MJ has said what he wants to do the day before and the board need to discuss it. The board are at the match, discuss it and then JF goes to speak to MJ and put the offer across before they get on the coach, where it's not the appropriate place to discuss it in front of the rest of the squad. It's hardly far fetched.

He probably should have known better than to go to the fans, but they were beckoning him over and we know he wants to be open to fans. I'd like to see how the holier than thou brigade on here would respond in the same situation being called a liar and abused in the same way.

What really grates me, is that we can't just move on and support for next season. It's no coincidence that the upturn in form has come when the supporters have got behind the club and the whole atmosphere has been positive. The last couple of home games I've been to have been the best support I can remember.

I don't expect people to change their opinion, but this air of negativity hurts everybody. It's all well and good stomping your feet for JF to leave, but there's nobody to step in at the moment and success isn't going to come about by continually saying negative things. If everybody gets behind the team and continues the great support, I think Jolley could work wonders next season.

oh fuuuuuuuuuucccckkk ooooofffffffff with this.

Everyone IS behind Jolley and the team, but not everyone is happy for Fenty to embarrass the club at every single opportunity.

The good form has also coincided with him keeping his head down and his mouth shut, why can he never learn?

How many more times?
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 152
forza ivano
May 7, 2018, 10:46am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,167
Gold Stars: 265
Have to say I found it more positive than negative.slightly better written and more contrite than his usual offerings. The bit i didn't understand was the expense of getting rid of want away players.how is getting rid of players a huge expense? Also be still didn't explain why no players were signed in january,bar loanees, when he said that the board had given slade funds to make signings.I
I can sort of see his reasoning on slade and saturday, but I just hope that someone can be a restraining influence on him as we are stuck with him for the foreseeable.
As has been said many times before please just keep your mouth shut and let day jolle y and the trust do the talking
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 152
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
May 7, 2018, 10:50am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from ginnywings
What have we learned from that?

1) The board is going nowhere and take no responsibility for yet another appalling, error strewn season, on and off the pitch. The latest in a very long, and tiresome, line of bad seasons.

2) Statements are not proof read. "Wheeled the axe" ?

3) It could have been a lot worse. We could have been as sh1t as some other sh1ttier clubs that are more in the sh1t than we are.

4) We can't all be Lincoln or Bristol Rovers. Only other clubs know how to get it right first time and build on a success.

5) JF has skin as thick as a Rhino.

6) I will not be purchasing a season ticket.

I am sure Lincoln and BR supporters would be surprised to know their clubs got it right first time!

If Jolley takes us to the play-offs next year will we have got it right first time too?

I am in sympathy with the view that a Fentyless club would be a more harmonious club ....... but whether it would be more successful depends entirely on what happens after the apocalypse does it not? If Accrington fail to set L1 alight, will they have had it right? Success needs planning, the club needs to plan for Jolley AND whatever comes post-Jolley. Knee jerk never got a club anywhere in the long run.

Noticeable that while the bad run was going there were lots of blame posts and posts demanding apologies for Slade’s appointment. When Jolley started doing well the few posts of praise for the board were at best grudging. We all know that really the board have been sh!t lucky to survive the season in one piece. The luckiest bit was not being able to appoint the manager they wanted.

There are two facts of life in football. One is that money does matter especially if your club is situated in the middle of the North Sea. The other is luck and a combination of board, manager and players plus fans. To get all 4 going the same way at the same time can rest on one moment like a penalty in the last minute. Score it and you create a completely new atmosphere of confidence. Miss it and the whole thing can fall to bits no matter how good or bad the separate parts may be.

When he retires from playing, Mitch Rose should be stuffed and mounted in the boardroom at BP as a reminder for every meeting in there how close the club was to another disaster and why upwards ambition is the primary requirement in a football club.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 152
HackneyHaddock
May 7, 2018, 10:57am
Fine Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +17 / -1
Approval: +3,619
Should he have gone on the pitch?  No
Should he have been issuing a statement in the dead of night, that hadn't been proof-read or checked for content by anyone?  Again, probably not.

Having said that, we know he's someone who is first and foremost a Town fan, someone who wears his heart on his sleeve and can't help himself.  He's emotional.  He has fits of passion.  He gets things wrong.  He acknowledged he's only human.  It's getting to the stage where the re-hashed reaction to these mishaps (I'm guilty of this for sure) is getting as tiresome as the mishaps themselves.

I'm just so glad to be still in the league with a brilliant manager and having a great season to look forward to in 2018/19, I'd rather just concentrate on the positives:  The exiles scheme, the community activities, the great manager, and all pull together on the bits where we agree?

No player wants to sign for a crisis club, and no manager will want to stay at one for very long, so I'm very happy, as someone who wants JSF to go sooner rather than later, for him to take a back seat as he has done for the last few months and be a silent, benign dictator.  He can concentrate on putting together his exit strategy, other directors and staff can step up and be a better public face of the club, and the fans can concentrate on backing the team.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 152
jimgtfc
May 7, 2018, 10:58am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,094
Gold Stars: 44
I think as fans we need to be sensible about this situation now. It’s clear that something at the top of the club needs a change but we have to realise that it’s not a simple process. Those telling Fenty to get out now have to see that it doesn’t work like that and wether you like it or not the club would suffer if the current board just packed up their offices and left never to be seen again. Say what you like about John Fenty but he’s a Grimsby Town fan through and through and there’s not a chance he would knowingly place the club in danger by walking away without leaving a new structure to take over.

He’s now publicly stated that he’ll leave if there’s someone to take over, so we’ll just have to be patient and wait. In the mean time we’ve got an exciting young manager to get behind and support and maybe we’ll have something to really excited over on the pitch come August.

Hopefully now he’s had his say in latest statement, he’ll keep quiet for the summer and let Michael Jolley do the talking on the football side of things.

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 152
lew chaterleys lover
May 7, 2018, 11:04am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,716
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from HackneyHaddock
Should he have been issuing a statement in the dead of night, that hadn't been proof-read or checked for content by anyone?  Again, probably not.

Having said that, we know he's someone who is first and foremost a Town fan, someone who wears his heart on his sleeve and can't help himself.  He's emotional.  He has fits of passion.  He gets things wrong.  He acknowledged he's only human.  It's getting to the stage where the re-hashed reaction to these mishaps (I'm guilty of this for sure) is getting as tiresome as the mishaps themselves.

I'm just so glad to be still in the league with a brilliant manager and having a great season to look forward to in 2018/19, I'd rather just concentrate on the positives:  The exiles scheme, the community activities, the great manager, and all pull together on the bits where we agree?

No player wants to sign for a crisis club, and no manager will want to stay at one for very long, so I'm very happy, as someone who wants JSF to go sooner rather than later, for him to take a back seat as he has done for the last few months and be a silent, benign dictator.  He can concentrate on putting together his exit strategy, other directors and staff can step up and be a better public face of the club, and the fans can concentrate on backing the team.  

This latest farcical statement and Saturdays episode on the pitch shows that your last paragraph is just wishful thinking sadly, however much we would all agree.

Despite Jolley, despite our great escape I feel as flat as a pancake at the thought of more Fenty years to come. He is a parody of himself; a caricature like John Shuttleworth but not nearly as funny.
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 152
GrimRob
May 7, 2018, 11:14am

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,403
Quoted from HackneyHaddock

Grammarly would go a long way. 10 critical issues in the statement which the free version picks up and another 36 advanced issues which you need the paid version for.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Reply: 54 - 152
Vance Warner
May 7, 2018, 11:31am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,786
Gold Stars: 102
If you're that desperate to sell the club John name your price. At the very least clarify whether you would expect your loans to be paid back or not.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 152
lew chaterleys lover
May 7, 2018, 11:33am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from GrimRob

Grammarly would go a long way. 10 critical issues in the statement which the free version picks up and another 36 advanced issues which you need the paid version for.

Who cares? He is not going anywhere so what is the point? 15 years of poorly written communications are not going to stop anytime soon, the same as the way the club is run will not change anytime soon whilst he stays. It is a big blow that he is no nearer leaving, and all we can do now is wait for the next almighty member up; the first chance he gets will see Jolley running for the hills.    
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 152
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
May 7, 2018, 11:37am
Special Brew Drinker

This latest farcical statement and Saturdays episode on the pitch shows that your last paragraph is just wishful thinking sadly, however much we would all agree.

Despite Jolley, despite our great escape I feel as flat as a pancake at the thought of more Fenty years to come. He is a parody of himself; a caricature like John Shuttleworth but not nearly as funny.

Like you say - despite Jolley I too feel that way but it was predictable. once the threat of relegation was over I think we all knew deep down that JF would carry on as though it was just a blip and the sun will come out tomorrow.

If we are to be a yo-yo club we must aim to be doing that between the Championship and L1. There has to be a long term plan for what happens on the field and sod the Fentydome. Dare I say it, we need to be more like Scunthorpe United in our planning but that is why I too feel flat about it all. Fenty sees our horizons as being limited to the Accrington scenario - good manager, cheap squad, good run at the right time. We should be planning a future for a club that works almost regardless of who is the manager.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 152
headingly_mariner
May 7, 2018, 11:42am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,342
Quoted from Vance Warner
If you're that desperate to sell the club John name your price. At the very least clarify whether you would expect your loans to be paid back or not.

This is a key point. He needs to clarify what is happening with the loans and how much he wants. My feeling is he wants his money back which won’t happen.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 152
headingly_mariner
May 7, 2018, 11:53am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,342
Another statement after another wholly unnecessary and innapropriate incident. How about a bit of humility? An apology and acceptance he shouldn’t behave like that. Admitting that mistakes have been made and lessons learned could bring people together. Trying to say it’s not my fault and people say mean things is not up to scratch.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 152
lew chaterleys lover
May 7, 2018, 12:02pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from headingly_mariner

This is a key point. He needs to clarify what is happening with the loans and how much he wants. My feeling is he wants his money back which won’t happen.

He doesn't really want to sell though does he? In his eyes he is one successful season away from vindication. We are stuck with him till either we get some success and are more attractive to new buyers, or fall back into non league when even he would recognise failure and give it up.
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 152
jonnyboy82
May 7, 2018, 12:50pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Fans fault.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 152
Kris2
May 7, 2018, 12:58pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,634
Gold Stars: 136

He doesn't really want to sell though does he? In his eyes he is one successful season away from vindication. We are stuck with him till either we get some success and are more attractive to new buyers, or fall back into non league when even he would recognise failure and give it up.

He wants to sell but he wants to remain in charge under a new owner and not lose his place on the board where he has the most say.
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 152
lew chaterleys lover
May 7, 2018, 1:28pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Kris2

He wants to sell but he wants to remain in charge under a new owner and not loI can't believe nobody has come forward se his place on the board where he has the most say.

It is difficult to believe no one has snatched his hand off with such an attractive offer on the table..
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 152
Bigdog
May 7, 2018, 1:30pm
Whiskey Drinker
John Fenty is going nowhere. Nothing except maybe relegation to non league is going to stand in the way of his dream of running a football club. And if you read through the statement, it's pretty much about him, his excuses (not apologies) and his feelings. Half of our our fans fall for it time and time again. It's like having to go see your kid every week at your ex-missus house because you love your kid. The same ex-missus that's cheated right in front of you on numerous occasions, rubbed it in your face, slagged you off and never apologised but you still have to hand over wads of cash to her because you'll never want to stop seeing the child you love.

We all want the team to do well and it probably will next season and maybe the season after that until Jolley leaves.

But the team is not the club. And it's the club, its infrastructure and board ethos that's struggling and even though we've got Jolley it will still hold us back to some degree in attracting new players and new fans. It's alright ignoring it because there's a bit of hope next season, but what do we fall back on when our team isn't any good and we've got a useless manager again? What sort of club is there going to be for our kids and grandchildren? I bet a non-investing Fenty's here in ten or twenty years (if the club survives) saying and doing the same things and having everyone over a barrel like he has done for years. He's nailed his dream down because he wants £3m for a club that's not even worth a quarter of that price. That statement last night was full of non and half truths and not a single acceptance of wrongdoing in a one of the most shameful,board-driven turbulent seasons ever witnessed.

I find it fine if fans just want to watch football season after season and not look to the long term, but there's a good number of us that also think and worry about the long term too. Nothing has moved the infrastructure of our club forward in the past twenty years and the board haven't got a vision for the future but because we can see some green shoots of progression on the pitch, suddenly everything in the garden is rosy?

Let's get excited about Jolley, but let's not forget that as a whole our club is still a dinosaur in a fast progressing football world where just about every club is leaving us well behind and we'll end up on the non-investment Fenty budget train (that only John's allowed to drive) to nowhere eventually.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 152
arryarryarry
May 7, 2018, 1:33pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,040
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from GrimRob
There are good points if you look for them, rather than dwell on the negative as some on this thread are prone to do. At least we get an explanation for the thinking behind not sacking Slade earlier, they nearly made a fatal mistake but to be fair I think few people anticipated such a dramatic nosedive as we had.

The Community Events are a good idea but the last one turned into a bit of a farce. Most of the suggestions for changes were batted off, but it's good to see at least some initiatives being taken on board like earlier season tickets and the new scheme for Exiles. They are never going to grant every wish, but the board do listen, and there can't be many clubs where the views of the supporters are as scrutinised as they are on here at times.

The regime change thing sounds a bit half-hearted. While it's all very well saying contact SM, it's far from encouraging and almost an offhand comment. There's no real evidence anyone has been approached. They may well have been but that's the way it comes across.

The biggest plus point though is that we have a manager everyone is behind for the first time for years (other than the first few days of the new manager's reign). It's the most excited I have felt about a new season for years, and am genuinely interested to see who he signs whereas a year ago I was expecting a few solid if unspectacular signings and a quest for a mid-season berth. I really do feel we'll be challenging at the top end next year, and can't wait to see the bookies prices as I am expecting long odds for promotion.

It's only two years ago that we had one of the most memorable ends to a season in years. Success and this board are not mutually exclusive. After two years in the wilderness I feel a good season is around the corner again.

I think a fair few of us on here after the Morcambe game were saying that there was only one way this club was heading with Slade in charge so I don't believe that bullshit from Fenty.

After a excrement season he shouldn't have engaged with the fans after the win and he shouldn't have issued yet another dismal statement he should have just shut the intercourse up.
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 152
arryarryarry
May 7, 2018, 1:41pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from jimgtfc
I think as fans we need to be sensible about this situation now. It’s clear that something at the top of the club needs a change but we have to realise that it’s not a simple process. Those telling Fenty to get out now have to see that it doesn’t work like that and wether you like it or not the club would suffer if the current board just packed up their offices and left never to be seen again. Say what you like about John Fenty but he’s a Grimsby Town fan through and through and there’s not a chance he would knowingly place the club in danger by walking away without leaving a new structure to take over.

He’s now publicly stated that he’ll leave if there’s someone to take over, so we’ll just have to be patient and wait. In the mean time we’ve got an exciting young manager to get behind and support and maybe we’ll have something to really excited over on the pitch come August.

Hopefully now he’s had his say in latest statement, he’ll keep quiet for the summer and let Michael Jolley do the talking on the football side of things.

I have to ask the question why?

I don't read the club accounts so can you tell me exactly how much the current board (excluding the Trust) have put into the club this current or last season?
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 152
Bigdog
May 7, 2018, 1:43pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from arryarryarry

I have to ask the question why?

I don't read the club accounts so can you tell me exactly how much the current board (excluding the Trust) have put into the club this current or last season?

£0

Took £200k+ out..

But some fans actually believe that JF pays the wages..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 152
MuddyWaters
May 7, 2018, 1:46pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,233
Gold Stars: 235
The argument with the fans? Why? This statement? Why?

The truth is that most of the things that the board have been involved with this season have gone wrong. Bragate, Checkatrade, Fans Forum, SLO, getting recorded slagging the fans off (twice) etc.

The next truth is that the only reason for optimism is a new manager who was, dependent on rumours, second or third choice.

Would you really have been 'trigger happy' to fire Slade in January? No - listen to Danny Collins' interview last week - he clearly states that we were getting lucky before Christmas. He also clearly identifies one of the changes that MJ has made is interaction with senior players. Things were starting to break down even before the 20 game winless run - is it not incumbent on the board to make decisions rather than 'hope' things turn around?

We (the fans) know how much GTFC means to you Mr Fenty - but you aren't on your own. We crave success as much as you do - I suggest that now you've got a hungry and ambitious manager on board that you give him the support that the Cowleys seem to have had at Lincoln before he thinks that his time would be better spent elsewhere.

Who knows, you might get some fans back on board that way rather than looking to justify the past.
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 152
arryarryarry
May 7, 2018, 1:50pm
Barley Wine Drinker
"Rightly or wrongly, I have taken a hell of a lot of flack in recent years"

"Wrongly" nearly 15 years of shite and he suggest wrongly.

Was there even one word of apology for nearly leading the club out of the Football League for the second time?
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 152
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
May 7, 2018, 2:49pm
Special Brew Drinker
If you are going to stay, Mr Fenty, then may I give you some advice?

1. Shut up. Your press releases have always done more harm than good and are a waste of time.

2. Keep off the field, keep off the terraces, keep out of fans’ forums, it only ends in arguments or worse.

3. Appoint a respected chairman to do the PR with the media and the fans.

4. Remember that your personal reputation depends on the well being of our club, not vice versa.  If you want to bask in the glory you have to be prepared to swim in the sewer as well.

5. Do not apologise. You have said more than enough.

6. Repeat 1 to 5.

Private Message
Reply: 70 - 152
promotion plaice
May 7, 2018, 3:08pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,048
Gold Stars: 197

I'm no JF fan but on a positive note..... JF and the boards appointment of Jolley has to be commended.

On the downside.......

Fully expecting the club to somehow mess this one up in the future and Jolley clears off.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 152
bluerose13x
May 7, 2018, 3:10pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +323
Day 3 of the off-season.

Using your basic language John: have you copulated off yet?

No season ticket for me whilst your here John. You see John, I was called a bully a few months ago so I might as well play the part. Not a penny more from myself and I will do everything in my power to pursade any of my mates who are also ST holders not to renew.

It's you or me John. I have done the intercourse off part for now. I will come back to attending home matches when you have copulated off.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 152
promotion plaice
May 7, 2018, 3:23pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,048
Gold Stars: 197
Quoted from bluerose13x
Day 3 of the off-season.

Using your basic language John: have you copulated off yet?

No season ticket for me whilst your here John. You see John, I was called a bully a few months ago so I might as well play the part. Not a penny more from myself and I will do everything in my power to pursade any of my mates who are also ST holders not to renew.

It's you or me John. I have done the intercourse off part for now. I will come back to attending home matches when you have copulated off.

I respect your choice about not buying a season ticket while JF is in charge...... but for me the issue is if MJ is given competitive funds next season to capture target players early before we are left with the dregs no one wants........watch this space.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 152
golfer
May 7, 2018, 4:11pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,429
Gold Stars: 115
To  me this letter is not too bad. It gives his account of things and in all fairness it seems pretty feasible. He didn't write it as his entry into a literacy exam so why is everybody scrutinizing every word or phrase that he uses. With "sic erat scriptum" throughout the text the "Grimsby" Evening Telegraph is surely taking the piste after all the mistakes that it makes in virtually every column. Is this a way for them to get their own back?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 152
Mrs Doyle
May 7, 2018, 4:23pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Well looking at all the ticks and crosses looks like he's our own Mr. Marmight you either like him or loathe him.

He says if he had walked away from those fans he would have been called an uncaring sod or words to that effect.

No, John, you do not have to pour fuel on the fire walking away would have been a much better solution.

Reminded me of a certain Rob Scot a few years back and his little tait a tait with the fans.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 152
MuddyWaters
May 7, 2018, 4:30pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from golfer
To  me this letter is not too bad. It gives his account of things and in all fairness it seems pretty feasible. He didn't write it as his entry into a literacy exam so why is everybody scrutinizing every word or phrase that he uses. With "sic erat scriptum" throughout the text the "Grimsby" Evening Telegraph is surely taking the piste after all the mistakes that it makes in virtually every column. Is this a way for them to get their own back?

It's not about literacy or dyslexia.

It's about justifying a season of decisions where just about everything that could go wrong did go wrong, particularly after the Fans Forum. It would not be a sign of weakness to admit that some decisions were flawed (you could say that had already happened in that recording) and that he and the board needed to learn from them. But, no, that's just not JF's style. He is right, we are wrong.

I've thought long & hard about next year's season tickets - GTFC is my club and 'In Jolley I trust' but the Season Tickets will be in spite of the board not because of them.
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 152
grimsby pete
May 7, 2018, 4:34pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,793
Gold Stars: 222
Where do I start ?

Well things were a lot better when JF  went silent on us,

Every time he opens his mouth he creates even more ammunition for the fans to have a go at him,

If you want to speak to the masses John tell us you have just given MJ  a 3 year contract instead of the micky mouse one you and you alone thinks its a good deal for both parties.

You have just made some of Town's loyal long term supporters come out again and say I will not buy a ST when they might have changed their minds because of MJ.

People also want to know how much would it take to buy the club,

Well I can answer that for you because you told me before you said "don't contact me again "because I kept asking questions you did not want to answer.

John Fenty benign  loans are benign while he is at the club so we are stuck with him as he wants his money back if somebody comes in and buys the club, This can be done in stages if not a lump sum,

So when is a benign  loan not a benign loan ?

It will cost in the region of 2 millions + 1.5 million in shares  = £3.5 million

I wish I could win the lottery , I would not make myself chairman or even spokesperson I would let somebody in PR  speak on behalf of the club and accountants to make sure the books are done.

Now if you did that John I would not have to win the lottery would I ?

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 152
Ipswin
May 7, 2018, 4:46pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from TheRealJohnLewis

The problem with your argument is that it's Fenty who is choosing the right person(s), and his character judgment is non-existent!

Doesn't say a lot for his choice of new manager, very worrying, I thought he'd got this one right

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 152
Marinerz93
May 7, 2018, 4:51pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
I'd like honest John to comment on why under his tenure Town's position for most of those seasons has either ended in relegation or scrapping around the foot of league 2. The season where we got promoted from non league doesn't count as we should have never been in that league to start with.

I'd like honest John to explain the MP shares fiasco.

I'd like honest John to give the trust it's shares back.

I'd like honest John to give us an update on the stadium.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 152
Garth
May 7, 2018, 5:05pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Going to get my season ticket early this time, to help fund new players, its not about one individual its about the club
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 152
rancido
May 7, 2018, 5:14pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,574
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from arryarryarry

I think a fair few of us on here after the Morcambe game were saying that there was only one way this club was heading with Slade in charge so I don't believe that bullshit from Fenty.

After a excrement season he shouldn't have engaged with the fans after the win and he shouldn't have issued yet another dismal statement he should have just shut the intercourse up.

If you look back you will see that a lot of posters on this site were over the Moon that Slade was back. They were absolutely wetting themselves in the prospect that Slade would get us into League !. I hasten to add that I wasn't and thought he was a disaster waiting to happen after three sackings in two years but I was ridiculed in that belief !!

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 152
RichMariner
May 7, 2018, 5:39pm
Brandy Drinker
There’s one very important thing that Fenty needs to understand, and it’s this:

No one trusts him any more.

So even if he comes out and makes a valid point, the vast majority of fans - including me - won’t believe it.

He’s made a succession of bad decisions since 2001 that has created a situation where, today, we are in his debt.

Remember - the reason he is £2-3m out of pocket through these benign loans isn’t the fans’ doing, it’s his.

So we’re now at a point where whatever he says, however relevant or right he is, it won’t be taken positively.

He, John Fenty, is damaged goods. His reputation, his standing among the fans... it’s gone.

So if he does have anything positive to say, he should say it through another director whose reputation isn’t damaged.

In the 2005 general election Labour didn’t use Tony Blair’s image on any of their campaign material because he was damaged goods. It’d gone beyond the point if no return, so they focused on other areas of the party to sell in to voters.

Fenty has gone beyond the point of no return. He’ll never win, and no press statement will win over his detractors.  

Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 82 - 152
MuddyWaters
May 7, 2018, 5:43pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from RichMariner
There’s one very important thing that Fenty needs to understand, and it’s this:

No one trusts him any more.

So even if he comes out and makes a valid point, the vast majority of fans - including me - won’t believe it.

He’s made a succession of bad decisions since 2001 that has created a situation where, today, we are in his debt.

Remember - the reason he is £2-3m out of pocket through these benign loans isn’t the fans’ doing, it’s his.

So we’re now at a point where whatever he says, however relevant or right he is, it won’t be taken positively.

He, John Fenty, is damaged goods. His reputation, his standing among the fans... it’s gone.

So if he does have anything positive to say, he should say it through another director whose reputation isn’t damaged.

In the 2005 general election Labour didn’t use Tony Blair’s image on any of their campaign material because he was damaged goods. It’d gone beyond the point if no return, so they focused on other areas of the party to sell in to voters.

Fenty has gone beyond the point of no return. He’ll never win, and no press statement will win over his detractors.  

And he's turned down an invitation to go on Sports Talk tonight according to Mike White on Twitter
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 152
GTFCNiles
May 7, 2018, 6:02pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: +42
Gold Stars: 6
How many people cheered decisions made by Fenty....they didn't work out but we thought they where good decisions at the time. Think people giving him a hard time should consider that we are back in the league, are no longer running a deficit and have a great building block for next season. Shouting abuse at the chairman quite frankly is embarrassing, easy to shout abuse not easy to stand up and be counted.

The only appointment I didn't want is Slade, we took a RISK on Jolly, and it's looking like its going to pay off. We need to build for the future, leave the abuse at home with your bottle of Stella and string vest.

UTM.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 152
MuddyWaters
May 7, 2018, 6:13pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from GTFCNiles
How many people cheered decisions made by Fenty....they didn't work out but we thought they where good decisions at the time. Think people giving him a hard time should consider that we are back in the league, are no longer running a deficit and have a great building block for next season. Shouting abuse at the chairman quite frankly is embarrassing, easy to shout abuse not easy to stand up and be counted.

The only appointment I didn't want is Slade, we took a RISK on Jolly, and it's looking like its going to pay off. We need to build for the future, leave the abuse at home with your bottle of Stella and string vest.

UTM.

That's a bit flipping patronising, isn't it?

We need to build for the future? Yes, a stadium would be nice and a decent team would be even better, how many of them have we had in the last, say, 15 years?
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 152
Bristol Mariner
May 7, 2018, 6:15pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +2,877
Quoted from GTFCNiles

UTM.

He should have just left it after the game on Saturday and gone into the changing rooms, again whether he wanted to to not he's taken centre stage to the detriment of both himself and everyone associated with GTFC.

GTFC Exile, Bristol Mariners
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 152
TAGG
May 7, 2018, 6:20pm

Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Grim74
Shock, horror club owner engage’s with the fans! A very reasonable statement in my opinion he made some valid points, he summed up the season well and was positive about next season, some fans and a proven  small minority (most of which must be on this site) will never get off his back its called a Fenty syndrome, aided and abetted by the planks at Cod all Mighty, if we were to win the league next season Fenty would still be in the wrong, it’s like watching CNN!

Thank you for the statement John, I know a lot of fans are already optimistic about next season, only yesterday I spoke to a couple who said they would be buying season tickets for the very first time, My only minor criticism is as a shift worker a season ticket wouldn’t be worthwhile for me and my family so maybe this could be looked at, as there are many more in the same boat.

'a proven small minority'
Proven where???
Minority???

The Fenty bottom lickers are well in the minority now.
It's not just on here there is a majority that want Fenty nowhere near our club its over our whole fan base.
I have not heard one fan in support of Fenty at any game I've  been to this season(missed just two)

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 152
Skrill
May 7, 2018, 6:27pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +6 / -6
Approval: +604
Quoted from RichMariner

They are still the same for many aspects in politics.

Everything else I agree  

Tweet 316134373063806976 will appear here...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 152
rancido
May 7, 2018, 6:29pm

Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from TAGG

'a proven small minority'
Proven where???
Minority???

The Fenty bottom lickers are well in the minority now.
It's not just on here there is a majority that want Fenty nowhere near our club its over our whole fan base.
I have not heard one fan in support of Fenty at any game I've  been to this season(missed just two)

So, if you are not one of the " Fenty Out " brigade , you are classed as an " bottom licker " ! What a pathetic statement from what one could assume is an intelligent person.

"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 152
TAGG
May 7, 2018, 6:38pm

Vodka Drinker
Quoted from rancido

So, if you are not one of the " Fenty Out " brigade , you are classed as an " bottom licker " ! What a pathetic statement from what one could assume is an intelligent person.

No not all the deluded people who can't see what harm he has done and is still doing to our club are bottom lickers but some you can pick right out, it turns my stomach.

GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 152
Grim74
May 7, 2018, 6:40pm
Cocktail Drinker
I think the ‘Fenty out’ protest was pretty conclusive! Did you forgot about this Tagg? Can you not remember the one that was stoked up on social media? And then can you not remember how many turned up????
Well you’d  get more people turn up for a Gary Glitter book signing!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 152
rancido
May 7, 2018, 6:44pm

Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from TAGG

No not all the deluded people who can't see what harm he has done and is still doing to our club are bottom lickers but some you can pick right out, it turns my stomach.

So we can now add " deluded " to the list of adjectives used to describe fans who don't agree with your mantra. Like I said , pathetic. Having an opinion is all part of being in a democratic society. " I may not agree with what you say but I will defend to the death your right to say it ". Was the person who first said that an " bottom licker " or " deluded " ?

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 152
Grim74
May 7, 2018, 6:48pm
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from TAGG

You’ve got Fenty syndrome pal take a day off! Call me an bottom licker all you want but I’ve criticised Fenty  over the years and that’s the difference, can you even give him credit for Jolley’s appointment? I bet you can’t  because you just come across as a bully boy.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 93 - 152
TAGG
May 7, 2018, 6:50pm

Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Grim74
I think the ‘Fenty out’ protest was pretty conclusive! Did you forgot about this Tagg? Can you not remember the one that was stoked up on social media? And then can you not remember how many turned up????
Well you’d  get more people turn up for a Gary Glitter book signing!

Tell you what I can remember.
The times this club was happy place to be and everyone was just happy to be a Town fan and there was none of this Toxic balderdash we have had over the last few years.
That's all down to your mate.
The majority want him out.

GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 94 - 152
TAGG
May 7, 2018, 6:54pm

Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Grim74

You’ve got Fenty syndrome pal take a day off! Call me an bottom licker all you want but I’ve criticised Fenty  over the years and that’s the difference, can you even give him credit for Jolley’s appointment? I bet you can’t  because you just come across as a bully boy.

No I can't.
He was not his first choice.
Only one bully and that's Fenty as he has shown.

GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 95 - 152
rancido
May 7, 2018, 6:56pm

Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from TAGG

No I can't.
He was not his first choice.
Only one bully and that's Fenty as he has shown.

Your ridicule of anybody who doesn't agree with you on the subject of JF is also bullying but unfortunately you can't see it!

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 96 - 152
TAGG
May 7, 2018, 6:59pm

Vodka Drinker
Quoted from rancido

Your ridicule of anybody who doesn't agree with you on the subject of JF is also bullying but unfortunately you can't see it!

GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 97 - 152
MuddyWaters
May 7, 2018, 7:04pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from rancido

Quick question...other than the financial input which has, arguably, made the club unbuyable, can you tell us what positives there have been in the last 10 years?
Private Message
Reply: 98 - 152
Mallyner
May 7, 2018, 7:10pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +2,515
What i don't like about the Fishy is all the hatred on here for John Fenty and named players and I think anybody who confronted him on the pitch at FRG is a moron and a ham shanker.

Supporting Town for 65 years.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 99 - 152
Meza
May 7, 2018, 7:15pm

We urine On Your Fish Yes we do yes we do
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.83
Rep Score: +78 / -3
Approval: +1,639
Gold Stars: 50
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Quick question...other than the financial input which has, arguably, made the club unbuyable, can you tell us what positives there have been in the last 10 years?

2 trophy finals
4 playoffs reached
2 playoff finals
1 Promotion

My Grimsby Legends
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 100 - 152
TheRealJohnLewis
May 7, 2018, 7:17pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +13 / -8
Approval: +2,308
Gold Stars: 39
Quoted from Mallyner
What i don't like about the Fishy is all the hatred on here for John Fenty and named players and I think anybody who confronted him on the pitch at FRG is a moron and a ham shanker.

JF confronted the fans not the other way round, therefore does that make him the ham shanker?

Private Message
Reply: 101 - 152
rancido
May 7, 2018, 7:17pm

Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I'm not questioning JF's ability or any success ( ? ) during his tenure. What I am questioning is the constant jibing and ridicule of any poster who doesn't buy into the anti-Fenty attitude. We are all entitled to our opinions regardless of what they are. As a point of interest I think JF has done so many things wrong but I will also defend those who don't see things the same way.

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 102 - 152
Meza
May 7, 2018, 7:18pm

Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from Meza

2 trophy finals
4 playoffs reached
2 playoff finals
1 Promotion

Not sure why i got red crossed is the above not true?

Or maybe its me lol.

My Grimsby Legends
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 103 - 152
rancido
May 7, 2018, 7:18pm

Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from TAGG

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 104 - 152
Rodley Mariner
May 7, 2018, 7:21pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 176
Quoted from Meza

Or maybe its me lol.

Do you think him taking us to an FA Trophy final was a success? We shouldn't ever have had to play in that competition.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 105 - 152
realist
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +5 / -18
Approval: -2,684
Gold Stars: 41
I think in the interest of accuracy we continue to call Fenty supporters  "happy clappers" and not bottom lickers as they are blind to the damage he has done and continues to do
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 106 - 152
MeanwoodMariner

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,673
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from Meza

Or maybe its me lol.

It's spot on, but where's the fun in that? Don't you know we've lost every game under Fenty? And if only a few more people on the Fishy would accept that then Fenty would write off his debt and hand over the club to an as yet unnamed white knight investor who will take us to the Premier League in 3 years. I think that's the plan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 107 - 152
MuddyWaters
May 7, 2018, 7:28pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Meza

2 trophy finals
4 playoffs reached
2 playoff finals
1 Promotion

That would be in the non-league then, plumbing the depths we had never previously reached.
Private Message
Reply: 108 - 152
MuddyWaters
May 7, 2018, 7:32pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Mallyner

I don't hate him. Why does it have to be 'love' or 'hate'?

He's a GTFC fan, so am I. I respect the finance that he has put into the club but don't like the financial position it has put us in. I respect the fact that he has more right than anyone else to have his say but I don't like how he goes about it. I also respect the fact that many people have a different opinion about him than I do.
Private Message
Reply: 109 - 152
Meza
May 7, 2018, 7:36pm

Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from Rodley Mariner

Do you think him taking us to an FA Trophy final was a success? We shouldn't ever have had to play in that competition.

Of course no one wants relegation especially out of the FL but constantly  bitching, moaning, isn't going to reverse what happens, i had a moan when we got relegated....picked myself up and dustes myself down.  I prefer to look forward not back during the bad times and i think thats half the problem with our fans you hold onto too much shite.....let it go bro.  And come aboard the Jolly bandwagon.

But yes i do think it was a success i certainly enjoyed myself.

My Grimsby Legends
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 110 - 152
Bigdog
May 7, 2018, 7:45pm
Whiskey Drinker
How to kill off the feel good factor and unity with one ill-judged bank holiday Sunday evening cava-fuelled "club" statement..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 111 - 152
Cambs Mariner
May 7, 2018, 7:56pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +1,233
I am definitely not a Fenty fan but I am also not against people who are. We all have our differing opinion of him. It is over  the last 18 months that I have found his decisions very questionable to say the least. I shall never understand why he re-appointed Russell Slade, after he announced he was leaving on the eve of a play off final in 2006 and the 3 sackings he got before he joined GTFC. The last season has been the worst I can remember in board/ fan relations and I have been a fan since 1969. Even the ones who are in favour of him must agree that some of his decisions and comments have been strange to say the least.
If he really wants out, as he has said he does, then why doesn't he put the club up for sale and put a figure on the amount he wants and the assurances he wants before he will sell the club.
He has really aged over the 12 months and mentally he seems drained. He has developed a Bunker mentality and until the club is sold he needs to take a step back and let other people look after the club.
He needs to take a holiday and contemplate whether he can take the club forward because in his present state of mind I don't think he can
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 112 - 152
KingstonMariner
May 7, 2018, 8:02pm
Meths Drinker
So, one of the pro-fenny arguments seem to be that he at least he is a genuine fan. I'm sure a lot of hooligans are too, but by the same logic it's all right if they're genuine fans. Want to be an absolute C Unit? That's fine as long as you're a genuine fan*.

* Terms and conditions apply. This get out clause is only applicable to millionaires, as long as they didn't win the lottery or spend a million pounds on football club shares rather than lending them half of it.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 113 - 152
HertsGTFC
May 7, 2018, 8:04pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,909
Gold Stars: 228
Though I think that JF's balls up's have outweighed his triumphs with the appointment of MJ and the impact he has had both on and off the pitch maybe just maybe it's time to park the clamor for a new board and see what happens next season.

We called for fresh energy and have it now in a manager that knows his sh1t and is keen to pull everyone together so that we can achieve our objective - success on the pitch.

I'd like to see the gang of 4 move on as long as the club was left ins safe hands but unlike some it's not the main GTFC topic that occupies my mind at the moment. The MJ revolution has got me thinking though.

if the "Fenty Out" campaign leads to losing MJ  by him getting spooked due to all the off the pitch stuff I think that will be it for me.

Remember the manger says he needs everyone together. We might and rightly so IMHO criticize the board for not backing managers but maybe it's our turn now to give a manager what he needs?

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 114 - 152
carrot top
May 7, 2018, 8:06pm

Cocktail Drinker
Rep Score: +22 / -1
Approval: +817
Gold Stars: 2
[quote=1291]

2 trophy finals - amateur competition
4 playoffs reached - amateur competition
2 playoff finals - amateur competition
1 Promotion - from an amateur competition

Ok Meza you could argue that there are professional clubs in there now, but on the whole it is amateur

Success?

[color=black]The Ecky 1977
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 115 - 152
nightrider
May 7, 2018, 8:14pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +4 / -3
Approval: +464
Gold Stars: 10
Fenty wants his money back plus a little more for his troubles
He smells a bit of success and is clinging on to the hope that the clubs value will increase and he'll get that money back. But he needs the fans on side first.
Reading the statement and all the others, he genuinly doesn't blame himself for the clubs short comings though
You can't reason with him, he believes it

Christ you all wanted him sacked a few months ago. 6th place finish and he's now the messiah and can do no wrong  
Update:  I think I've got this right - He was the messiah. He then wasn't. He then was again. Then it turned out he actually wasnt. He turned into one big huge messiah again. Now he's not actually the messiah we thought he was . Now I'm hoping he rises again quickly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 116 - 152
Meza
May 7, 2018, 8:23pm

Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from carrot top
[quote=1291]

Ok Meza you could argue that there are professional clubs in there now, but on the whole it is amateur

Success?

Well thats your opinion CT but i cant just pick un choose success when i see fit.  Its either success or not irrespective of what league were in.  

And when you put it down on paper it looks like we did ok.

My Grimsby Legends
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 117 - 152
Lincoln Mariner 56
May 7, 2018, 8:24pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,688
Gold Stars: 73
Quoted from carrot top
[quote=1291]

Success?

Amateur in what sense? Most of the clubs are full time and even Boston’s league has 11 full time teams nowadays. Extremely crap refs, extremely poor away attendances, extremely poor media coverage but the football at BP this year, including 90% of the visiting sides have been very poor and whilst we have been as bad as we have ever been in our history we were still in with a chance of getting some points in the majority of home games.

Certainly don’t want to return there but only thing amateur was possibly state of certain grounds and pitches.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 118 - 152
Cloudy
May 7, 2018, 8:25pm
Whiskey Drinker
My take on all of this is as follows;

I do not think John Fenty is the right man to lead GTFC.

I know he put money in to pay off the tax man which could have led the club into administration. Leicester and Rotherham amongst many clubs who did got down that route and let's say, fared far better than us.

After the tax payment John 'loaned ' the club money to boost our budget to make us more competitive. I do not believe it to be just hindsight that suggests that was the wrong thing to do. We should have been operating within our means, we could hardly have done any worse had we done so as we tumbled through the divisions with struggle after struggle.
You don't need to be a genius to think, "hang on perhaps there is another way?"

He should have stopped mortgaging the club, any businessman with sense could see that would be ridiculous. All he has done by adopting this stance is that the club is unsaleable. He has the club by the balls and has done so for years.

His statements that the club is for sale is false. If I want to sell my house/car etc I would name a price and negotiate from there. I may get a little less I may get a little more but my asking price is a starting point for negotiation. Asking people to e-mail Steve Marley is not putting the club up for sale.

The latest statement goes on about increasing community involvement. Sound bites are great John but have you forgotten that you were recently recorded as saying the Trust were a joke ( or words to that effect) and that the fans efforts on Operation Promotion was " the worst thing that ever happened to this club"? I think is it perfectly natural that people will not be overwhelmed by your latest statement. I for one simply don't trust the so called buy in. Why hasn't this been the case for the last 15 years?
I don't think JF's greatest supporters would say he has ever been inclusive and gone out of his way to engage with the fans. By engagement I don't mean statements, I mean actions. Why haven't we had an exiles scheme? It has been brought up previously by he Trust and fans previously.
( I DO understand why there has not been a shift work RS season ticket btw)

I understand those who say the only thing as fans we can do is get behind Michael Jolley and hope, as a minimum, we are in for a much better time. That doesn't stop many of us feeling that we will be in the shite again sooner or later and that is because there is no long or even medium term plan. John doesn't do planning, he does shooting from the hip and micro managing every action and penny so the squeeze on the clubs throat ultimately results in strangulation.

Control freak who's actions will not allow the club to grow and prosper. Being a director is about advancement and moving slowly forward in a financially cautious manner by monitoring costs but maximising income. We simply have never ever done that in 15 years and it is for that reason I do not believe for one moment the leopard will change his spots.
Private Message
Reply: 119 - 152
ginnywings
May 7, 2018, 8:28pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Quoted from rancido

I'm not questioning JF's ability or any success ( ? ) during his tenure. What I am questioning is the constant jibing and ridicule of any poster who doesn't buy into the anti-Fenty attitude. We are all entitled to our opinions regardless of what they are. As a point of interest I think JF has done so many things wrong but I will also defend those who don't see things the same way.

Jibing and ridicule where? Some people have one opinion, some another. Isn't that what forums are about?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 120 - 152
Mrs Doyle
May 7, 2018, 8:42pm
Whiskey Drinker
Well, now the feel-good factor has been diluted again lets put this to bed but how many times do we keep doing that?

Until the next time John think once, think twice and just keep quiet.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 121 - 152
Mallyner
May 7, 2018, 9:07pm
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from TheRealJohnLewis

JF confronted the fans not the other way round, therefore does that make him the ham shanker?

Fair enough but I don't see how he would confront a fan unless he was goaded badly.  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 122 - 152
arryarryarry
May 7, 2018, 9:14pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from HertsGTFC
Though I think that JF's balls up's have outweighed his triumphs with the appointment of MJ and the impact he has had both on and off the pitch maybe just maybe it's time to park the clamor for a new board and see what happens next season.

We called for fresh energy and have it now in a manager that knows his sh1t and is keen to pull everyone together so that we can achieve our objective - success on the pitch.

I'd like to see the gang of 4 move on as long as the club was left ins safe hands but unlike some it's not the main GTFC topic that occupies my mind at the moment. The MJ revolution has got me thinking though.

if the "Fenty Out" campaign leads to losing MJ  by him getting spooked due to all the off the pitch stuff I think that will be it for me.

Remember the manger says he needs everyone together. We might and rightly so IMHO criticize the board for not backing managers but maybe it's our turn now to give a manager what he needs?

Has any manager ever left a club because the fans are against the (non) chairman?
Private Message
Reply: 123 - 152
Mallyner
May 7, 2018, 9:17pm
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I don't hate him. Why does it have to be 'love' or 'hate'?

He's a GTFC fan, so am I. I respect the finance that he has put into the club but don't like the financial position it has put us in. I respect the fact that he has more right than anyone else to have his say but I don't like how he goes about it. I also respect the fact that many people have a different opinion about him than I do.

It might not be hate from you but it is definitely hatred from some posters. I have only spoken with John twice, once when I had a rare visit for fish and chips before the game and he came to talk to our table and once when ,I spoke at a planning meeting, for a development he was for and the barstard won. However compared with dreadful men such as Furneaux and Huxford, who mates have worked for and you wouldn't believe their stories, I find him a reasonable man.  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 124 - 152
hampshiremariner
May 7, 2018, 9:27pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +1,056
Gold Stars: 35
He can't even spell!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 125 - 152
HertsGTFC
May 7, 2018, 9:38pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,909
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from arryarryarry

Has any manager ever left a club because the fans are against the (non) chairman?

Not sure TBH, but I’m sure that some have left clubs when they felt that whatever they tried they can’t pull key stake holders together.

Maybe not quoting him verbatim but the manager has asked for everyone to pull together, looking at the great start he has had why would we not do this?

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 126 - 152
KingstonMariner
May 7, 2018, 9:58pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Not sure TBH, but I’m sure that some have left clubs when they felt that whatever they tried they can’t pull key stake holders together.

Maybe not quoting him verbatim but the manager has asked for everyone to pull together, looking at the great start he has had why would we not do this?

I'd argue, if there is a risk it's in the long term interest of the club. It's a big IF though. MJ made that appeal but it's early days in his relationship with Fenty. To my mind the bigger risk is when MJ has weighed things up properly he's more likely to urine off with him in charge.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 127 - 152
KingstonMariner
May 7, 2018, 9:58pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from Mallyner

Fair enough but I don't see how he would confront a fan unless he was goaded badly.  

Did you not read what Civvy wrote on Saturday?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 128 - 152
RichMariner
May 7, 2018, 10:25pm
Brandy Drinker
I notice that he's turned down an interview with Radio Humberside.

Now there was a chance to answer some questions once and for all in a two-way dialogue but, as we know, Fenty only does one-way dialogue.

Funny how he'll say what he wants to say when he's in control but can't stretch to the trouble of answering a few probing questions from local journalists so that more fans can't hear what he's thinking.

He's a control freak.

And another thing - if he wants his £2m 'benign' loans back then I'm classing all the money I've put into the club since 2001 as a benign loan and now I want it back.

Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 129 - 152
KingstonMariner
May 7, 2018, 10:47pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Did you not read what Civvy wrote on Saturday?

Fentinistas must be in. Red crossing a question. What are they scared of?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 130 - 152
arryarryarry
May 8, 2018, 3:49am
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Cambs Mariner
I am definitely not a Fenty fan but I am also not against people who are. We all have our differing opinion of him. It is over  the last 18 months that I have found his decisions very questionable to say the least. I shall never understand why he re-appointed Russell Slade, after he announced he was leaving on the eve of a play off final in 2006 and the 3 sackings he got before he joined GTFC. The last season has been the worst I can remember in board/ fan relations and I have been a fan since 1969. Even the ones who are in favour of him must agree that some of his decisions and comments have been strange to say the least.
If he really wants out, as he has said he does, then why doesn't he put the club up for sale and put a figure on the amount he wants and the assurances he wants before he will sell the club.
He has really aged over the 12 months and mentally he seems drained. He has developed a Bunker mentality and until the club is sold he needs to take a step back and let other people look after the club.
He needs to take a holiday and contemplate whether he can take the club forward because in his present state of mind I don't think he can

Only the past 18 months, blimey.
Private Message
Reply: 131 - 152
arryarryarry
May 8, 2018, 3:52am
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Was that before JF's statement?

Perhaps he needs a quiet word with his boss and suggest he keeps a low profile for the next few months.
Private Message
Reply: 132 - 152
Mrs Doyle
May 8, 2018, 4:20am
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from Mallyner

It might not be hate from you but it is definitely hatred from some posters. I have only spoken with John twice, once when I had a rare visit for fish and chips before the game and he came to talk to our table and once when ,I spoke at a planning meeting, for a development he was for and the barstard won. However compared with dreadful meouldn such as Furneaux and Huxford, who mates have worked for and you wouldn't believe their stories, I find him a reasonable man.  

Furneaux would not even give you the time of day he spoke posh and could not even remember the player's names. he started our downfall with the ITV fiasco borrowing loads of money he did not have.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 133 - 152
rancido
May 8, 2018, 6:59am

Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from ginnywings

Jibing and ridicule where? Some people have one opinion, some another. Isn't that what forums are about?

I think you will find calling somebody a " bottom licker " is classed as ridicule, especially when it is applied to an opinion. Also calling people " Happy clappers " is a jibe. You can disagree with a persons point of view without using these kind of expressions.

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 134 - 152
golfer
May 8, 2018, 1:39pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,429
Gold Stars: 115
Quoted from Mallyner

As Brown would say  "fking bigots"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 135 - 152
realist
May 8, 2018, 3:59pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +5 / -18
Approval: -2,684
Gold Stars: 41
Quoted from rancido

I think you will find calling somebody a " bottom licker " is classed as ridicule, especially when it is applied to an opinion. Also calling people " Happy clappers " is a jibe. You can disagree with a persons point of view without using these kind of expressions.

Why? You posts are rediculous as Corbyn and co and deserve these kind of responses

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 136 - 152
jock dock tower
May 8, 2018, 4:09pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
Note to Mr Jolley. It all makes the financial trading in the city, handling £millions of stocks, shares and funds seem like child's play. Welcome to the wonderful, wacky, somewhat irreverant world of the Fishy!

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 137 - 152
rancido
May 8, 2018, 7:11pm

Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from realist

Why? You posts are rediculous as Corbyn and co and deserve these kind of responses

I assume you meant to say "your posts are as ridiculous as Corbyn and Co" and that's the kind of response your post deserves!

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 138 - 152
Caesar
May 8, 2018, 9:12pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +1,799
Have waited a couple of days to collect my thoughts on everything that has happened since 4:45 on Saturday, but ultimately as one of the fans who engaged with John Fenty after the FGR match I kind of want to put down my thoughts.

Firstly I regret that I was rather boozed up and emotional and didn’t put across all my thoughts in a clear and more concise way. It was after the first angry confrontations that appeared on youtube, after a little while my mate wanted to give credit where its due and say well done for appointing Jolley, whatever else has gone on you got that right. I got the opportunity to say please oppose B-teams.

At first he just sought to reassure me they were not the thin end of the wedge as only eight teams would need to oppose them for them not to be allowed into the league (the fact that later on in his argument pointed out that whatever they say, only four teams actually opposed the b-teams kind of undermined that point but alas at the time I wasn’t bright enough to point that out). Once I pointed out that I object to b-teams in principle in any trophy he said he couldn’t convince me but essentially that they were faced with scrapping the trophy or having B-teams, and as a club who has made a couple of million from previous runs in the competition he could not as custodian of the club pass up the chance for the club to potentially earn a load of money from such a run. He pointed out that trophy games have always been lowly attended early on. He did eventually concede the point that we as fans have boycotted it extensively but seemed to think we were almost unique in that.

I wound up the conversation, fearful of keeping the people who took me to the game in Nailsworth for far longer than anyone has ever wanted to be in Nailsworth. To be fair to Fenty he was still willing to talk or at least put his views across to me.

What did I learn from this? 1) John Fenty is very angry at the way he feels he has been treated. 2) He is very angry at his side of the story not being the one repeated. 3) Don’t try to argue nuanced points when drunk, emotionally exhausted and having stood in baking heat for 90 minutes.

I personally don’t think John Fenty will change and I think we need change, I think we need someone who understands that a community club isn’t a buzzword to be thrown about but is a club that recognises fans are an integral part of the club and need to be listened to regularly. However until such a time as change comes I hope John Fenty will understand this and would encourage fans to try and convince him to change, by respectfully putting our views across. It might not work, but until we are successful in removing him as majority shareholder we have to keep giving it a go, and it is a whole lot better and more likely to get results than just shouting at him.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 139 - 152
KingstonMariner
May 8, 2018, 10:43pm
Meths Drinker
Well said Caeser. Takes a big man to own up to being less than, errrmmm, eloquent.  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 140 - 152
lukeo
May 13, 2018, 9:23am
Season Ticket Holder
I'd like to apologise to everyone, I've learnt that actually what some people have said is true. JF is a control freak and unless someone is willing to pay him all of his loans back and run the club he's going knowhere. Not going to go into details as I will probably word it wrong but he forced everyone's hands that time the trust got those shares from Parker. He really is a control freak but we can't do anything about it so I personally think we should just stop giving him the time of day, don't talk to him or about hi mane continue supporting the club we love. No matter what we do he won't leave the club unless someone pays him back all his loans.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 141 - 152
davmariner
May 13, 2018, 4:26pm
Vodka Drinker
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,911
Quoted from lukeo
I'd like to apologise to everyone, I've learnt that actually what some people have said is true. JF is a control freak and unless someone is willing to pay him all of his loans back and run the club he's going knowhere. Not going to go into details as I will probably word it wrong but he forced everyone's hands that time the trust got those shares from Parker. He really is a control freak but we can't do anything about it so I personally think we should just stop giving him the time of day, don't talk to him or about hi mane continue supporting the club we love. No matter what we do he won't leave the club unless someone pays him back all his loans.

Your head must have been wedged pretty far down under Cleethorpes beach if it’s only taken you until now to realise this.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 142 - 152
lukeo
May 13, 2018, 5:32pm
Season Ticket Holder
I like to always try to see the best in people, I myself could never be like that so hope that everyone's the same. Oh well
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 143 - 152
lew chaterleys lover
May 13, 2018, 8:28pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from lukeo

Apart from his close family and sycophantic hangers on, no one has a good word for Fenty. Total control freak and completely unable to work with others for the common good are the comments that are most widely heard. He has saddled us with "benign" loans for as long as he cares to carry on - basically lent us money to cover his own mistakes that ensures he can control the club for years to come. We will make no long term progress during his reign; as soon as we get a sniff of success people are off like a shot - managers, fellow directors (the ones with money) and players.  Not that we have any real success, but even a smidgen and the people who achieve it are running for the hills.

My only hope is that Jolley can get us into league 1 meaning we have a bit of a buffer before the inevitable cost cutting and zero ambition takes its toll and Jolley himself goes on to better things.
Private Message
Reply: 144 - 152
RichMariner
May 13, 2018, 10:54pm
Brandy Drinker
The thing about the Trophy B-teams... he explains his reasoning now, post-vote, but never actually bothered ti gauge the view of the fans.

If he'd have said:

We have an important vote to make. B-teams could be introduced to the Trophy. If we don't vote to include them, the competition could be scrapped entirely... and we need the money it brings in, however little it may be.

As fans of the club, do you think we should accept B-teams and see what the future brings and continue making a bit of extra money that we could invest in the squad, or should we vote against it and potentially lose an income stream?

There was no dialogue from him or the board members at any time on this. It's not necessarily the vote they made that riled us; it's the way they did it.

We as fans weren't presented with all the facts that he and the board had.

That's why I just don't believe him when he says he's open and honest. He never has been, and he never will be. Just because he's ready to go ten rounds with fans in a car park, doesn't make you open and honest.

Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 145 - 152
TAGG
May 13, 2018, 10:57pm

Vodka Drinker

Apart from his close family and sycophantic hangers on, no one has a good word for Fenty. Total control freak and completely unable to work with others for the common good are the comments that are most widely heard. He has saddled us with "benign" loans for as long as he cares to carry on - basically lent us money to cover his own mistakes that ensures he can control the club for years to come. We will make no long term progress during his reign; as soon as we get a sniff of success people are off like a shot - managers, fellow directors (the ones with money) and players.  Not that we have any real success, but even a smidgen and the people who achieve it are running for the hills.

My only hope is that Jolley can get us into league 1 meaning we have a bit of a buffer before the inevitable cost cutting and zero ambition takes its toll and Jolley himself goes on to better things.

Bang on.
Got him to a tee 👍

GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 146 - 152
Cloudy
May 14, 2018, 1:33pm
Whiskey Drinker
Just a word of warning for those who want Fenty to 'hand over the cash' or 'increase the budget'
Cambridge have just unveilled huge losses
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44075122

IMO we must keep a tight control on costs whilst trying to boost the income. We do this, as I keep banging on about, by engaging with the fans and the community
Private Message
Reply: 147 - 152
lew chaterleys lover
May 14, 2018, 2:28pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Cloudy
Just a word of warning for those who want Fenty to 'hand over the cash' or 'increase the budget'

IMO we must keep a tight control on costs whilst trying to boost the income. We do this, as I keep banging on about, by engaging with the fans and the community

I wouldn't worry too much - there is precious little chance of that!
Private Message
Reply: 148 - 152
KingstonMariner
May 14, 2018, 6:48pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from Cloudy

Couldn't agree more. Based on attendances we should easily be top half budget wise for this division. I'd rather be patient and see steady growth, which I believe we're capable of, if need be than get into more debt to any director.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 149 - 152
KingstonMariner
May 14, 2018, 6:50pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from lukeo
I like to always try to see the best in people, I myself could never be like that so hope that everyone's the same. Oh well

Fair play Luke. Believe it or not, I was the same myself with JSF until 2011.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 150 - 152
grimsby pete
May 14, 2018, 8:49pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,793
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from rancido

I agree I do not like the man I just want him to " shut up "  

If he does that he can stay until a new buyer comes forward .as far as I am concerned.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 151 - 152
lukeo
May 14, 2018, 8:49pm
Season Ticket Holder
Quoted from grimsby pete

I agree I do not like the man I just want him to " shut up "  

If he does that he can stay until a new buyer comes forward .as far as I am concerned.

Agreed.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 152 - 152
16 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › John Fenty: "A Message To Our Supporters"

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.