Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › John Fenty: "A Message To Our Supporters"
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 14 Guests

John Fenty: "A Message To Our Supporters"

This thread currently has 24,270 views. Print
16 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
Meza
May 7, 2018, 7:36pm

We urine On Your Fish Yes we do yes we do
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.84
Rep Score: +78 / -3
Approval: +1,627
Gold Stars: 50
Quoted from Rodley Mariner

Do you think him taking us to an FA Trophy final was a success? We shouldn't ever have had to play in that competition.

Of course no one wants relegation especially out of the FL but constantly  bitching, moaning, isn't going to reverse what happens, i had a moan when we got relegated....picked myself up and dustes myself down.  I prefer to look forward not back during the bad times and i think thats half the problem with our fans you hold onto too much shite.....let it go bro.  And come aboard the Jolly bandwagon.

But yes i do think it was a success i certainly enjoyed myself.

My Grimsby Legends
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 110 - 152
Bigdog
May 7, 2018, 7:45pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
How to kill off the feel good factor and unity with one ill-judged bank holiday Sunday evening cava-fuelled "club" statement..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 111 - 152
Cambs Mariner
May 7, 2018, 7:56pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +1,233
I am definitely not a Fenty fan but I am also not against people who are. We all have our differing opinion of him. It is over  the last 18 months that I have found his decisions very questionable to say the least. I shall never understand why he re-appointed Russell Slade, after he announced he was leaving on the eve of a play off final in 2006 and the 3 sackings he got before he joined GTFC. The last season has been the worst I can remember in board/ fan relations and I have been a fan since 1969. Even the ones who are in favour of him must agree that some of his decisions and comments have been strange to say the least.
If he really wants out, as he has said he does, then why doesn't he put the club up for sale and put a figure on the amount he wants and the assurances he wants before he will sell the club.
He has really aged over the 12 months and mentally he seems drained. He has developed a Bunker mentality and until the club is sold he needs to take a step back and let other people look after the club.
He needs to take a holiday and contemplate whether he can take the club forward because in his present state of mind I don't think he can
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 112 - 152
KingstonMariner
May 7, 2018, 8:02pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.13
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
So, one of the pro-fenny arguments seem to be that he at least he is a genuine fan. I'm sure a lot of hooligans are too, but by the same logic it's all right if they're genuine fans. Want to be an absolute C Unit? That's fine as long as you're a genuine fan*.

* Terms and conditions apply. This get out clause is only applicable to millionaires, as long as they didn't win the lottery or spend a million pounds on football club shares rather than lending them half of it.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 113 - 152
HertsGTFC
May 7, 2018, 8:04pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,555
Gold Stars: 217
Though I think that JF's balls up's have outweighed his triumphs with the appointment of MJ and the impact he has had both on and off the pitch maybe just maybe it's time to park the clamor for a new board and see what happens next season.

We called for fresh energy and have it now in a manager that knows his sh1t and is keen to pull everyone together so that we can achieve our objective - success on the pitch.

I'd like to see the gang of 4 move on as long as the club was left ins safe hands but unlike some it's not the main GTFC topic that occupies my mind at the moment. The MJ revolution has got me thinking though.

if the "Fenty Out" campaign leads to losing MJ  by him getting spooked due to all the off the pitch stuff I think that will be it for me.

Remember the manger says he needs everyone together. We might and rightly so IMHO criticize the board for not backing managers but maybe it's our turn now to give a manager what he needs?

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 114 - 152
carrot top
May 7, 2018, 8:06pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +22 / -1
Approval: +811
Gold Stars: 2
[quote=1291]

2 trophy finals - amateur competition
4 playoffs reached - amateur competition
2 playoff finals - amateur competition
1 Promotion - from an amateur competition

Ok Meza you could argue that there are professional clubs in there now, but on the whole it is amateur

Success?

[color=black]The Ecky 1977
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 115 - 152
nightrider
May 7, 2018, 8:14pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +4 / -3
Approval: +464
Gold Stars: 10
Fenty wants his money back plus a little more for his troubles
He smells a bit of success and is clinging on to the hope that the clubs value will increase and he'll get that money back. But he needs the fans on side first.
Reading the statement and all the others, he genuinly doesn't blame himself for the clubs short comings though
You can't reason with him, he believes it

Christ you all wanted him sacked a few months ago. 6th place finish and he's now the messiah and can do no wrong  
Update:  I think I've got this right - He was the messiah. He then wasn't. He then was again. Then it turned out he actually wasnt. He turned into one big huge messiah again. Now he's not actually the messiah we thought he was . Now I'm hoping he rises again quickly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 116 - 152
Meza
May 7, 2018, 8:23pm

We urine On Your Fish Yes we do yes we do
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.84
Rep Score: +78 / -3
Approval: +1,627
Gold Stars: 50
Quoted from carrot top
[quote=1291]

Ok Meza you could argue that there are professional clubs in there now, but on the whole it is amateur

Success?

Well thats your opinion CT but i cant just pick un choose success when i see fit.  Its either success or not irrespective of what league were in.  

And when you put it down on paper it looks like we did ok.

My Grimsby Legends
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 117 - 152
Lincoln Mariner 56
May 7, 2018, 8:24pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +22 / -4
Approval: +7,430
Gold Stars: 64
Quoted from carrot top
[quote=1291]

Success?

Amateur in what sense? Most of the clubs are full time and even Boston’s league has 11 full time teams nowadays. Extremely crap refs, extremely poor away attendances, extremely poor media coverage but the football at BP this year, including 90% of the visiting sides have been very poor and whilst we have been as bad as we have ever been in our history we were still in with a chance of getting some points in the majority of home games.

Certainly don’t want to return there but only thing amateur was possibly state of certain grounds and pitches.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 118 - 152
Cloudy
May 7, 2018, 8:25pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
My take on all of this is as follows;

I do not think John Fenty is the right man to lead GTFC.

I know he put money in to pay off the tax man which could have led the club into administration. Leicester and Rotherham amongst many clubs who did got down that route and let's say, fared far better than us.

After the tax payment John 'loaned ' the club money to boost our budget to make us more competitive. I do not believe it to be just hindsight that suggests that was the wrong thing to do. We should have been operating within our means, we could hardly have done any worse had we done so as we tumbled through the divisions with struggle after struggle.
You don't need to be a genius to think, "hang on perhaps there is another way?"

He should have stopped mortgaging the club, any businessman with sense could see that would be ridiculous. All he has done by adopting this stance is that the club is unsaleable. He has the club by the balls and has done so for years.

His statements that the club is for sale is false. If I want to sell my house/car etc I would name a price and negotiate from there. I may get a little less I may get a little more but my asking price is a starting point for negotiation. Asking people to e-mail Steve Marley is not putting the club up for sale.

The latest statement goes on about increasing community involvement. Sound bites are great John but have you forgotten that you were recently recorded as saying the Trust were a joke ( or words to that effect) and that the fans efforts on Operation Promotion was " the worst thing that ever happened to this club"? I think is it perfectly natural that people will not be overwhelmed by your latest statement. I for one simply don't trust the so called buy in. Why hasn't this been the case for the last 15 years?
I don't think JF's greatest supporters would say he has ever been inclusive and gone out of his way to engage with the fans. By engagement I don't mean statements, I mean actions. Why haven't we had an exiles scheme? It has been brought up previously by he Trust and fans previously.
( I DO understand why there has not been a shift work RS season ticket btw)

I understand those who say the only thing as fans we can do is get behind Michael Jolley and hope, as a minimum, we are in for a much better time. That doesn't stop many of us feeling that we will be in the shite again sooner or later and that is because there is no long or even medium term plan. John doesn't do planning, he does shooting from the hip and micro managing every action and penny so the squeeze on the clubs throat ultimately results in strangulation.

Control freak who's actions will not allow the club to grow and prosper. Being a director is about advancement and moving slowly forward in a financially cautious manner by monitoring costs but maximising income. We simply have never ever done that in 15 years and it is for that reason I do not believe for one moment the leopard will change his spots.
Private Message
Reply: 119 - 152
16 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › John Fenty: "A Message To Our Supporters"

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.