Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Classic Threads  /  
Posted by: BenBB, May 6, 2018, 10:56pm
New statement released just now by John Fenty.

https://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/2018/may/a-message-to-our-supporters-moving-forward-together-stronger/

Looks like Jolley will be staying?
Posted by: horsforthmariner, May 6, 2018, 11:00pm; Reply: 1
A long statement that says very little
Posted by: SteffiMariner, May 6, 2018, 11:02pm; Reply: 2
Well, that'll out the Fishy in a melt down. Quite a good statement in my eyes. PR appears to be improving alongside results...
Posted by: Balthazar Bullitt, May 6, 2018, 11:03pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from horsforthmariner
A long statement that says very little

It basically says "it's not my fault"
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, May 6, 2018, 11:07pm; Reply: 4
Just more of the same justifications. Yesterday's scenes and that statement are completely unnecessary.
Posted by: kevikov, May 6, 2018, 11:11pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from Balthazar Bullitt

It basically says "it's not my fault"

Standard John Fenty.

Rightly or wrongly? Wrongly John, obviously. A blind man could see the wheels had come off and we were in freefall. To back Slade and then back him through the transfer window again, only to sack him soon after was pure madness and as close to negligent as I can imagine.

If I walk away, people will say he's turned his back on the fans and thinks he's better than us? Better that than constantly interacting in an unprofessional way and quite franklyeffing up any and all goodwill every time he does it. Learn some simple lessons John, keep quiet, keep out of sight and have some respect.
Posted by: LH, May 6, 2018, 11:11pm; Reply: 6
Cliche central.
Posted by: RoboCod, May 6, 2018, 11:11pm; Reply: 7
"Rightly or wrongly"

Mostly wrongly.
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, May 6, 2018, 11:13pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
Just more of the same justifications. Yesterday's scenes and that statement are completely unnecessary.

This in leaps and bounds

Arguing with fans about slade when even stevie wonder was in the #sladeout camp! Put your hands up and admit you were wrong
Posted by: davmariner, May 6, 2018, 11:15pm; Reply: 9
Wonder who the contractual development refers to.
Posted by: Father Christmas, May 6, 2018, 11:17pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from davmariner
Wonder who the contractual development refers to.

Hopefully agreed to terminate Kelly and Dixons contracts
Posted by: hheh2, May 6, 2018, 11:22pm; Reply: 11
Basically more material for Tommy of the Town ;D
Posted by: Marinerz93, May 6, 2018, 11:28pm; Reply: 12
The bit that made me laugh was"I am always open to dialogue with our supporters" when at the fans forum someone explained to him what the club did was wrong and Fenty said that's your opinion, when it was the majorities opinion

Also the cautionary tales of Hartlepool United, York City, Rushden & Diamonds, Darlington, Stockport County, Chester City, putting those up as examples of justification for the excrement we have had to endure under his appalling tenure exposes the clubs lack of ambition and why we are failing under his and his yes men.
Posted by: Cloudy, May 6, 2018, 11:28pm; Reply: 13
Makes me physically sick. How much longer will Town fans buy this shite.

Not one admittance of any kind of error, ever!!

No humility whatsoever, he makes me want to walk away.

One last time "SHUT THE intercourse UP"
Posted by: RichMariner, May 6, 2018, 11:34pm; Reply: 14
It literally says in that statement, in black and white, he makes no apologies (for what he thinks are in the best interests of the club).

The bloke cannot apologise and cannot take any responsibility for anything bad that's happened. It's always someone else's fault (usually the fans'), or circumstance.

John, with the greatest respect, your judgment of what's in the best interests of this football club is what took it into non-league - and nearly again. You are a poor judge of character and you have proven that you make a succession of bad decisions that have threatened the future of this football club.

I believe you when you say you have our best interests at heart but over these last 16 years or so we've lurched from one bad season to another under your stewardship. That is beyond coincidence.

That statement says nothing other than 'I'm only human and I'll keep doing what I think is right, even if you don't like it, and you should continue to support me'.

He talks about disappointments but takes none of the blame. That statement is incredibly defensive. I don't agree that he's open and honest - he has slanging matches with fans. That's not being open an honest. That's just being nasty and antagonistic.

Once again there's reference to 'rolling with the punches'. So many of his statements are littered with aggressive metaphors. The guy is incredibly aggressive - you don't need a degree in psychology to see that.

All in all that's a pretty useless statement. It's simply John's effort to defend himself but he's framed it as if he's trying to rally the troops.

Sorry John but I see right through it. Scratch beneath the surface and it's nothing more than 'I'll keep doing what I think is right' - even though what you think is right is just damaging the club, year after year.
Posted by: Sussexmariner, May 6, 2018, 11:37pm; Reply: 15
Setting up a “exile season membership scheme”

Fenty IN
Posted by: Bigdog, May 7, 2018, 12:03am; Reply: 16
Only an idiot could be taken in by that unapologetic, passive aggressive, arrogant, condescending claptrap. He really does think that us GTFC fans haven't got a single brain cell between the lot of us..

The scary thing is, he believes in the rubbish he writes and also thinks it's an intelligent bulletproof statement to put out..

Somebody out there.. please save our club..
Posted by: KingstonMariner, May 7, 2018, 12:06am; Reply: 17
Someone must have cloth ears, because the exile package has been suggested before as has the shift workers' ST.

There's one thing to add to what Rich, Cloudy and others have said. I don't now about anyone else but I don't love this football club for the ups and the downs. I don't think 'oh goodie, we're on a downward run because of inept management from the board down.'

If he wanted to make a statement reflecting on the end to the season and to look to the next, he should simply have stuck to a statement noting the (relative) success since MJ came, thanking the squad and management, and thanking the fans for their support which helped push the team over the line. Job done. But John Fenty can't do that can he? He has to try to justify himself and defend the indefensible.
Posted by: Zmariner, May 7, 2018, 12:21am; Reply: 18
JF says when somebody with the level of cash required is ready to step in , this is ok. As for Slade he did seem a safe pair of hands, I put £20 on us to win the league so I was taken in by the idiot Slade. only half way through this season did i realize that I had not seen such rotten home games since he was last in charge, so stick or twist with Slade, the numpty was plausible but 5 years past his sell by date, So here we are JF and the board have made a lot of mistakes I agree, Appointing Neil woods was the killer for me as that guy was hopeless. .Until this mystery takeover appears I am happy to go as we are. If any of the out brigade are prepared to step in then I will be a supporter but in all of these threads I never see a tangible alternative but plenty of noise, this is my point of view and I know I will get slaughtered for it utm
Posted by: ginnywings, May 7, 2018, 12:57am; Reply: 19
What have we learned from that?

1) The board is going nowhere and take no responsibility for yet another appalling, error strewn season, on and off the pitch. The latest in a very long, and tiresome, line of bad seasons.

2) Statements are not proof read. "Wheeled the axe" ?

3) It could have been a lot worse. We could have been as sh1t as some other sh1ttier clubs that are more in the sh1t than we are.

4) We can't all be Lincoln or Bristol Rovers. Only other clubs know how to get it right first time and build on a success.

5) JF has skin as thick as a Rhino.

6) I will not be purchasing a season ticket.
Posted by: denni266, May 7, 2018, 1:11am; Reply: 20
I wonder how many will not be getting . renewing there season tickets now after that load of c**p, I know i wont be geting one now
Posted by: ginnywings, May 7, 2018, 1:16am; Reply: 21
Almost forgot in all the excitement. Was that a little bit of good news thrown in there about a certain player and his contract?
Posted by: TAGG, May 7, 2018, 2:18am; Reply: 22
As usual what. Load of of flipping balderdash.
Say nothing.
If you are going to say anything say sorry I appointed Slade and sorry I kept faith in the idiot for so long.
Again a statement that shouldn’t have been made by an idiot that shouldn’t have made it.
Posted by: grimps, May 7, 2018, 3:08am; Reply: 23
All he had to do is give MJ a top five budget , keep his mouth shut and pull his finger out and get us a new ground and there might just be a chance that the fans can forgive
Posted by: lukeo, May 7, 2018, 6:22am; Reply: 24
I know many on here have it in for John but come on, he can't win whatever he does... Now I want a new fresh approach and would love someone to take over the club and John to step aside, but there is no one. What can he do? He's openly said 100 times if the right person(s) comes forward he will step aside, until then he's going to put money in if and when needed. I think the statement is OK. Not great, OK. He's saying he and the club are looking at ways to get the fans more involved and closer together. Isn't that what we want? Only time will tell but these past few weeks it feels like that bond and closeness is getting better, just a small example of trust holders getting 5% off St is a nice touch.
Posted by: ska face, May 7, 2018, 6:40am; Reply: 25
I’m glad Fenty kept Slade on to the detriment to the club in both the short and long term just so people didn’t think he was “trigger happy”. Certainly not something that troubled him as he sacked Bignot 6 months into a “3 year plan” he’d recently backed...

As others have said, yet more unapologetic balderdash from a bloke without a shred of empathy or foresight in his entire being. “I was only on the pitch to give Jolley some news about a contract” really? Does anyone actually buy this garbage? If that’s the case, why not wait 30 seconds until they’re done?

It will be a great, great day in this club’s history when he walks out of that door for the final time.
Posted by: Davec, May 7, 2018, 7:00am; Reply: 26
I know what this Contract development is.

We can't give James McKeown a pay rise but to compensate that, we'll provide a bag of crisps to go in his daughters lunch box every day.
Posted by: louth_in_the_south, May 7, 2018, 7:12am; Reply: 27
I can understand why he feels the need to release a statement like this as it must be very frustrating for him to find himself in yet another argument with fans that’s made him look a bit silly . But I can’t understand why he gets himself in that position on the fooking first place !! He must’ve realised how relations between the club and fans has improved in the last few months since he’s kept his head down . But mr fenty simply cannot help himself .

FFS stop doing this Fenty !!
Posted by: louth_in_the_south, May 7, 2018, 7:13am; Reply: 28
Oh and what exactly is an Exile Season Membership anyway ??
Posted by: easypeersy, May 7, 2018, 7:20am; Reply: 29
[/quote]  just a small example of trust holders getting 5% off St is a nice touch. [/quote]

I have already renewed my season ticket and paid £305 for pontoon.
How do I claim back my 5% and why did I not get charged £289.75 in the first place.
Online there was no option to state your trust membership number anywhere!
Can I go into the club shop and claim back £15.25
Posted by: easypeersy, May 7, 2018, 7:21am; Reply: 30
No mention of new ground in that statement
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, May 7, 2018, 7:37am; Reply: 31
Quoted from easypeersy
No mention of new ground in that statement

That’s cos it will never happen
Posted by: Mendonca1995, May 7, 2018, 7:43am; Reply: 32
Following the statement it’s now up to you and the board john to show some real intent for next season and get James Mckeown signed on don’t make the same mistake as Shaun p last season,Both are Grimsby town through and through and that’s the kind of player the club needs for the fans especially,The bond between the players and fans is very much needed and has slowly come back over the last ten games or so and we need to keep that going as we have shown how successful we can be as a team on the pitch with performances of 2nd place in the form table,It’s now time to back jolley put your hand in your pocket and actually buy some quality players keep our best players with hardly no freebies or loan players, Quality players that’s what is gonna sell season tickets and put bums on seats at this club !!!! A couple of strikers is a must maybe goalscorers from lower league with fire in their bellies ie Hearn Bogle I’m sure jolley knows who he wants so now it’s the boards turn to show the fans they also mean business for next season UTM ALL TOWN ARENT WE ⚫️⚪️
Posted by: TheRealJohnLewis, May 7, 2018, 8:06am; Reply: 33
Quoted from lukeo
I know many on here have it in for John but come on, he can't win whatever he does... Now I want a new fresh approach and would love someone to take over the club and John to step aside, but there is no one. What can he do? He's openly said 100 times if the right person(s) comes forward he will step aside, until then he's going to put money in if and when needed. I think the statement is OK. Not great, OK. He's saying he and the club are looking at ways to get the fans more involved and closer together. Isn't that what we want? Only time will tell but these past few weeks it feels like that bond and closeness is getting better, just a small example of trust holders getting 5% off St is a nice touch.

The problem with your argument is that it's Fenty who is choosing the right person(s), and his character judgment is non-existent!
Posted by: carrot top, May 7, 2018, 8:16am; Reply: 34
Totally unnecessary statement filled with excuses. He has capped the season off in true JF style with his antics after the game and now this statement, which really means 'poor me'. Is there any wonder many fans are unhappy with this constant drivel
He just cannot help himself
Posted by: buckstown, May 7, 2018, 8:24am; Reply: 35
Still don't quite understand why he had to go on the pitch after the game to give MJ a contractual update, unless I missed something.
However, you sometimes have to read between the lines and when someone says I made this decision "rightly or wrongly" what they're saying is I got it wrong. It's a politicians apology. I also thing he's correct in saying it would be irresponsible to walk away without replacement leadership and financial support in place.
Someone on here said he needs a mentor to sit beside him and get him to consider the consequences of his actions. "John, why are you heading to the pitch? What might happen given your standing with our supporters? What positive things might happen as a result? Why not let MJ and the boys take their 5 minutes of glory? Good man John, sit back down, have a beer and thank your lucky stars you got something right two months ago"
Posted by: Biccys, May 7, 2018, 8:28am; Reply: 36
I just wish somebody would proof read the statements he puts out. It's so unprofessional to release things with basic grammatical errors all over it, it is awful. Also, it reads exactly how he speaks. He can't claim guys account has been hacked! I heard he is a bit dyslexic so even more reason to have things checked before hitting send. I guess that's just his arrogance shining through once again.
He's gotta go. Soon.
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, May 7, 2018, 8:37am; Reply: 37
Quoted from Biccys
I just wish somebody would proof read the statements he puts out. It's so unprofessional to release things with basic grammatical errors all over it, it is awful. Also, it reads exactly how he speaks. He can't claim guys account has been hacked! I heard he is a bit dyslexic so even more reason to have things checked before hitting send. I guess that's just his arrogance shining through once again.
He's gotta go. Soon.

By the look of it he isn’t going anywhere soon but a good starting point would be being open about what he actually wants to go. When that’s been put to him he flirts around football fortune etc etc
Posted by: Grim74, May 7, 2018, 9:09am; Reply: 38
Shock, horror club owner engage’s with the fans! A very reasonable statement in my opinion he made some valid points, he summed up the season well and was positive about next season, some fans and a proven  small minority (most of which must be on this site) will never get off his back its called a Fenty syndrome, aided and abetted by the planks at Cod all Mighty, if we were to win the league next season Fenty would still be in the wrong, it’s like watching CNN!

Thank you for the statement John, I know a lot of fans are already optimistic about next season, only yesterday I spoke to a couple who said they would be buying season tickets for the very first time, My only minor criticism is as a shift worker a season ticket wouldn’t be worthwhile for me and my family so maybe this could be looked at, as there are many more in the same boat.
Posted by: RoboCod, May 7, 2018, 9:19am; Reply: 39
it’s like watching CNN!  ;D
Posted by: jock dock tower, May 7, 2018, 9:51am; Reply: 40
I think a number of people have hit on "he can't help it" thing, and it's true. After keeping out of the spotlight for the last few weeks to let MJ get on with the job he has to have his moment of glory. Jeezo John, anypone with a modicum of common sense would have known there would be the inevitable criticism, and rightly so. He had to talk to the manager about someone's contract? Please don't insult our intelligence. Oh, and the next time someone gets banned from being on the pitch at BP......

A professionally worded mea culpa after a week or so following the season's finish would have been so much more dignified, but he can't help it, can he?
Posted by: Maringer, May 7, 2018, 9:59am; Reply: 41
As with pretty much all of the non-chairman's statements we've seen over the years, this was completely unnecessary and completely counter-productive.

Whenever Fenty gets the itch to post one of these statements, he should follow 2 basic rules:

1. Don't do it. Really, don't. Nothing good will come of it.
2. Get somebody to proof read/edit the statement but then still don't post it regardless of the time spent.
Posted by: TheCodfather1966, May 7, 2018, 10:09am; Reply: 42
A long well thought out and articulate meSsage as ever from John Fenty.  If you didn't know better you could be forgiven for thinking this was written by a politician instead of the Chairman.  I would love to buy into this message and take all the positives from it, but sadly, this is the same type of standard message we seem to get at the end of every season.  Its a message to tug at the heart strings and make you go out and buy your season ticket once again.  The reality in my opinion is that not much will change at all.  Better players will be allowed to leave due to finance, and replacements will be sought of a cheap nature, and we will build a squad that will hold its own and nothing more.  Deep down behind closed doors I am quite sure that Fenty's opinion of the Town fans is rather similar to the Town fans opinion of him.  I must say though, that when you are taking constant abuse and flack, you are entitled to let off a bit of steam, so I personally don't blame Fenty for the odd outbreak of anger.  The bottom line in all of this is that we do need some forward thinking new Board with the finance and ambition to take the club forward to their natural position in the scheme of things, which  in my opinion would be mid table league one.  Throw in the odd cup run and the jobs a good' un.

I am not a Fenty fan in any shape or form, but to all the Fenty out brigade, be careful what you wish for.  Nobody else has stepped up to the plate in the last few years, and until such time, we are better off keeping the club stable.  The club needs Fenty more than Fenty needs the club........ UTM
Posted by: LondonMariner43, May 7, 2018, 10:15am; Reply: 43
There are good and bad elements to this statement.  

Some positives that supporters of Fenty will highlight.  Some negatives that haters will highlight.

For me the important thing is this.  At the moment, no-one has come forward to buy the club. No one wants to front up a supporter ownership.  For the time being, we are stuck with the status quo.

The one clear positive of JF is that he is a fan and fall all his mistakes, he wants the club to do well.  He has that in common with the rest of us.

There is very little to be gained from a toxic atmosphere between owners and fans particularly if we have reasons to be optimistic on the pitch.  

Let’s back MJ and the players and keep our views of the Board for a grumble in the pub and not make it a reason for discontent at games.
Posted by: Grim74, May 7, 2018, 10:20am; Reply: 44
Scraping the barrel when he gets criticised for his grammar FFS. I like that fact it's not perfection If he'd had it speech written they'd accuse him of Fraud.
Posted by: pen penfras, May 7, 2018, 10:23am; Reply: 45
Quoted from jock dock tower
He had to talk to the manager about someone's contract? Please don't insult our intelligence.

But it's not that hard to conceive of a situation where he had to do that. McKeown obviously has interest from elsewhere and the situation needs resolving promptly. Maybe MJ has said what he wants to do the day before and the board need to discuss it. The board are at the match, discuss it and then JF goes to speak to MJ and put the offer across before they get on the coach, where it's not the appropriate place to discuss it in front of the rest of the squad. It's hardly far fetched.

He probably should have known better than to go to the fans, but they were beckoning him over and we know he wants to be open to fans. I'd like to see how the holier than thou brigade on here would respond in the same situation being called a liar and abused in the same way.

What really grates me, is that we can't just move on and support for next season. It's no coincidence that the upturn in form has come when the supporters have got behind the club and the whole atmosphere has been positive. The last couple of home games I've been to have been the best support I can remember.

I don't expect people to change their opinion, but this air of negativity hurts everybody. It's all well and good stomping your feet for JF to leave, but there's nobody to step in at the moment and success isn't going to come about by continually saying negative things. If everybody gets behind the team and continues the great support, I think Jolley could work wonders next season.
Posted by: GrimRob, May 7, 2018, 10:31am; Reply: 46
There are good points if you look for them, rather than dwell on the negative as some on this thread are prone to do. At least we get an explanation for the thinking behind not sacking Slade earlier, they nearly made a fatal mistake but to be fair I think few people anticipated such a dramatic nosedive as we had.

The Community Events are a good idea but the last one turned into a bit of a farce. Most of the suggestions for changes were batted off, but it's good to see at least some initiatives being taken on board like earlier season tickets and the new scheme for Exiles. They are never going to grant every wish, but the board do listen, and there can't be many clubs where the views of the supporters are as scrutinised as they are on here at times.

The regime change thing sounds a bit half-hearted. While it's all very well saying contact SM, it's far from encouraging and almost an offhand comment. There's no real evidence anyone has been approached. They may well have been but that's the way it comes across.

The biggest plus point though is that we have a manager everyone is behind for the first time for years (other than the first few days of the new manager's reign). It's the most excited I have felt about a new season for years, and am genuinely interested to see who he signs whereas a year ago I was expecting a few solid if unspectacular signings and a quest for a mid-season berth. I really do feel we'll be challenging at the top end next year, and can't wait to see the bookies prices as I am expecting long odds for promotion.

It's only two years ago that we had one of the most memorable ends to a season in years. Success and this board are not mutually exclusive. After two years in the wilderness I feel a good season is around the corner again.
Posted by: bax, May 7, 2018, 10:36am; Reply: 47
No matter what has or hasn’t been said, all this does is divide the fan base again as soon as the manager has started to pull us all together. And it’s that bit he doesn’t and never will get.
Posted by: ska face, May 7, 2018, 10:46am; Reply: 48
Quoted from pen penfras

But it's not that hard to conceive of a situation where he had to do that. McKeown obviously has interest from elsewhere and the situation needs resolving promptly. Maybe MJ has said what he wants to do the day before and the board need to discuss it. The board are at the match, discuss it and then JF goes to speak to MJ and put the offer across before they get on the coach, where it's not the appropriate place to discuss it in front of the rest of the squad. It's hardly far fetched.

He probably should have known better than to go to the fans, but they were beckoning him over and we know he wants to be open to fans. I'd like to see how the holier than thou brigade on here would respond in the same situation being called a liar and abused in the same way.

What really grates me, is that we can't just move on and support for next season. It's no coincidence that the upturn in form has come when the supporters have got behind the club and the whole atmosphere has been positive. The last couple of home games I've been to have been the best support I can remember.

I don't expect people to change their opinion, but this air of negativity hurts everybody. It's all well and good stomping your feet for JF to leave, but there's nobody to step in at the moment and success isn't going to come about by continually saying negative things. If everybody gets behind the team and continues the great support, I think Jolley could work wonders next season.

oh fuuuuuuuuuucccckkk ooooofffffffff with this.

Everyone IS behind Jolley and the team, but not everyone is happy for Fenty to embarrass the club at every single opportunity.

The good form has also coincided with him keeping his head down and his mouth shut, why can he never learn?

How many more times?
Posted by: forza ivano, May 7, 2018, 10:46am; Reply: 49
Have to say I found it more positive than negative.slightly better written and more contrite than his usual offerings. The bit i didn't understand was the expense of getting rid of want away players.how is getting rid of players a huge expense? Also be still didn't explain why no players were signed in january,bar loanees, when he said that the board had given slade funds to make signings.I
I can sort of see his reasoning on slade and saturday, but I just hope that someone can be a restraining influence on him as we are stuck with him for the foreseeable.
As has been said many times before please just keep your mouth shut and let day jolle y and the trust do the talking
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, May 7, 2018, 10:50am; Reply: 50
Quoted from ginnywings
What have we learned from that?

1) The board is going nowhere and take no responsibility for yet another appalling, error strewn season, on and off the pitch. The latest in a very long, and tiresome, line of bad seasons.

2) Statements are not proof read. "Wheeled the axe" ?

3) It could have been a lot worse. We could have been as sh1t as some other sh1ttier clubs that are more in the sh1t than we are.

4) We can't all be Lincoln or Bristol Rovers. Only other clubs know how to get it right first time and build on a success.

5) JF has skin as thick as a Rhino.

6) I will not be purchasing a season ticket.

I am sure Lincoln and BR supporters would be surprised to know their clubs got it right first time! ;)

If Jolley takes us to the play-offs next year will we have got it right first time too?

I am in sympathy with the view that a Fentyless club would be a more harmonious club ....... but whether it would be more successful depends entirely on what happens after the apocalypse does it not? If Accrington fail to set L1 alight, will they have had it right? Success needs planning, the club needs to plan for Jolley AND whatever comes post-Jolley. Knee jerk never got a club anywhere in the long run.

Noticeable that while the bad run was going there were lots of blame posts and posts demanding apologies for Slade’s appointment. When Jolley started doing well the few posts of praise for the board were at best grudging. We all know that really the board have been sh!t lucky to survive the season in one piece. The luckiest bit was not being able to appoint the manager they wanted.

There are two facts of life in football. One is that money does matter especially if your club is situated in the middle of the North Sea. The other is luck and a combination of board, manager and players plus fans. To get all 4 going the same way at the same time can rest on one moment like a penalty in the last minute. Score it and you create a completely new atmosphere of confidence. Miss it and the whole thing can fall to bits no matter how good or bad the separate parts may be.

When he retires from playing, Mitch Rose should be stuffed and mounted in the boardroom at BP as a reminder for every meeting in there how close the club was to another disaster and why upwards ambition is the primary requirement in a football club.

Posted by: HackneyHaddock, May 7, 2018, 10:57am; Reply: 51
Should he have gone on the pitch?  No
Should he have been issuing a statement in the dead of night, that hadn't been proof-read or checked for content by anyone?  Again, probably not.

Having said that, we know he's someone who is first and foremost a Town fan, someone who wears his heart on his sleeve and can't help himself.  He's emotional.  He has fits of passion.  He gets things wrong.  He acknowledged he's only human.  It's getting to the stage where the re-hashed reaction to these mishaps (I'm guilty of this for sure) is getting as tiresome as the mishaps themselves.

I'm just so glad to be still in the league with a brilliant manager and having a great season to look forward to in 2018/19, I'd rather just concentrate on the positives:  The exiles scheme, the community activities, the great manager, and all pull together on the bits where we agree?

No player wants to sign for a crisis club, and no manager will want to stay at one for very long, so I'm very happy, as someone who wants JSF to go sooner rather than later, for him to take a back seat as he has done for the last few months and be a silent, benign dictator.  He can concentrate on putting together his exit strategy, other directors and staff can step up and be a better public face of the club, and the fans can concentrate on backing the team.  
Posted by: jimgtfc, May 7, 2018, 10:58am; Reply: 52
I think as fans we need to be sensible about this situation now. It’s clear that something at the top of the club needs a change but we have to realise that it’s not a simple process. Those telling Fenty to get out now have to see that it doesn’t work like that and wether you like it or not the club would suffer if the current board just packed up their offices and left never to be seen again. Say what you like about John Fenty but he’s a Grimsby Town fan through and through and there’s not a chance he would knowingly place the club in danger by walking away without leaving a new structure to take over.

He’s now publicly stated that he’ll leave if there’s someone to take over, so we’ll just have to be patient and wait. In the mean time we’ve got an exciting young manager to get behind and support and maybe we’ll have something to really excited over on the pitch come August.

Hopefully now he’s had his say in latest statement, he’ll keep quiet for the summer and let Michael Jolley do the talking on the football side of things.
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, May 7, 2018, 11:04am; Reply: 53
Quoted from HackneyHaddock
Should he have been issuing a statement in the dead of night, that hadn't been proof-read or checked for content by anyone?  Again, probably not.

Having said that, we know he's someone who is first and foremost a Town fan, someone who wears his heart on his sleeve and can't help himself.  He's emotional.  He has fits of passion.  He gets things wrong.  He acknowledged he's only human.  It's getting to the stage where the re-hashed reaction to these mishaps (I'm guilty of this for sure) is getting as tiresome as the mishaps themselves.

I'm just so glad to be still in the league with a brilliant manager and having a great season to look forward to in 2018/19, I'd rather just concentrate on the positives:  The exiles scheme, the community activities, the great manager, and all pull together on the bits where we agree?

No player wants to sign for a crisis club, and no manager will want to stay at one for very long, so I'm very happy, as someone who wants JSF to go sooner rather than later, for him to take a back seat as he has done for the last few months and be a silent, benign dictator.  He can concentrate on putting together his exit strategy, other directors and staff can step up and be a better public face of the club, and the fans can concentrate on backing the team.  

This latest farcical statement and Saturdays episode on the pitch shows that your last paragraph is just wishful thinking sadly, however much we would all agree.

Despite Jolley, despite our great escape I feel as flat as a pancake at the thought of more Fenty years to come. He is a parody of himself; a caricature like John Shuttleworth but not nearly as funny.
Posted by: GrimRob, May 7, 2018, 11:14am; Reply: 54
Quoted from HackneyHaddock

Grammarly would go a long way. 10 critical issues in the statement which the free version picks up and another 36 advanced issues which you need the paid version for.

Posted by: Vance Warner, May 7, 2018, 11:31am; Reply: 55
If you're that desperate to sell the club John name your price. At the very least clarify whether you would expect your loans to be paid back or not.
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, May 7, 2018, 11:33am; Reply: 56
Quoted from GrimRob

Grammarly would go a long way. 10 critical issues in the statement which the free version picks up and another 36 advanced issues which you need the paid version for.

Who cares? He is not going anywhere so what is the point? 15 years of poorly written communications are not going to stop anytime soon, the same as the way the club is run will not change anytime soon whilst he stays. It is a big blow that he is no nearer leaving, and all we can do now is wait for the next almighty member up; the first chance he gets will see Jolley running for the hills.    
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, May 7, 2018, 11:37am; Reply: 57

This latest farcical statement and Saturdays episode on the pitch shows that your last paragraph is just wishful thinking sadly, however much we would all agree.

Despite Jolley, despite our great escape I feel as flat as a pancake at the thought of more Fenty years to come. He is a parody of himself; a caricature like John Shuttleworth but not nearly as funny.

Like you say - despite Jolley I too feel that way but it was predictable. once the threat of relegation was over I think we all knew deep down that JF would carry on as though it was just a blip and the sun will come out tomorrow.

If we are to be a yo-yo club we must aim to be doing that between the Championship and L1. There has to be a long term plan for what happens on the field and sod the Fentydome. Dare I say it, we need to be more like Scunthorpe United in our planning but that is why I too feel flat about it all. Fenty sees our horizons as being limited to the Accrington scenario - good manager, cheap squad, good run at the right time. We should be planning a future for a club that works almost regardless of who is the manager.
Posted by: headingly_mariner, May 7, 2018, 11:42am; Reply: 58
Quoted from Vance Warner
If you're that desperate to sell the club John name your price. At the very least clarify whether you would expect your loans to be paid back or not.

This is a key point. He needs to clarify what is happening with the loans and how much he wants. My feeling is he wants his money back which won’t happen.
Posted by: headingly_mariner, May 7, 2018, 11:53am; Reply: 59
Another statement after another wholly unnecessary and innapropriate incident. How about a bit of humility? An apology and acceptance he shouldn’t behave like that. Admitting that mistakes have been made and lessons learned could bring people together. Trying to say it’s not my fault and people say mean things is not up to scratch.
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, May 7, 2018, 12:02pm; Reply: 60
Quoted from headingly_mariner

This is a key point. He needs to clarify what is happening with the loans and how much he wants. My feeling is he wants his money back which won’t happen.

He doesn't really want to sell though does he? In his eyes he is one successful season away from vindication. We are stuck with him till either we get some success and are more attractive to new buyers, or fall back into non league when even he would recognise failure and give it up.
Posted by: jonnyboy82, May 7, 2018, 12:50pm; Reply: 61
Fans fault.
Posted by: Kris2, May 7, 2018, 12:58pm; Reply: 62

He doesn't really want to sell though does he? In his eyes he is one successful season away from vindication. We are stuck with him till either we get some success and are more attractive to new buyers, or fall back into non league when even he would recognise failure and give it up.

He wants to sell but he wants to remain in charge under a new owner and not lose his place on the board where he has the most say.
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, May 7, 2018, 1:28pm; Reply: 63
Quoted from Kris2

He wants to sell but he wants to remain in charge under a new owner and not loI can't believe nobody has come forward se his place on the board where he has the most say.

It is difficult to believe no one has snatched his hand off with such an attractive offer on the table.. ;D
Posted by: Bigdog, May 7, 2018, 1:30pm; Reply: 64
John Fenty is going nowhere. Nothing except maybe relegation to non league is going to stand in the way of his dream of running a football club. And if you read through the statement, it's pretty much about him, his excuses (not apologies) and his feelings. Half of our our fans fall for it time and time again. It's like having to go see your kid every week at your ex-missus house because you love your kid. The same ex-missus that's cheated right in front of you on numerous occasions, rubbed it in your face, slagged you off and never apologised but you still have to hand over wads of cash to her because you'll never want to stop seeing the child you love.

We all want the team to do well and it probably will next season and maybe the season after that until Jolley leaves.

But the team is not the club. And it's the club, its infrastructure and board ethos that's struggling and even though we've got Jolley it will still hold us back to some degree in attracting new players and new fans. It's alright ignoring it because there's a bit of hope next season, but what do we fall back on when our team isn't any good and we've got a useless manager again? What sort of club is there going to be for our kids and grandchildren? I bet a non-investing Fenty's here in ten or twenty years (if the club survives) saying and doing the same things and having everyone over a barrel like he has done for years. He's nailed his dream down because he wants £3m for a club that's not even worth a quarter of that price. That statement last night was full of non and half truths and not a single acceptance of wrongdoing in a one of the most shameful,board-driven turbulent seasons ever witnessed.

I find it fine if fans just want to watch football season after season and not look to the long term, but there's a good number of us that also think and worry about the long term too. Nothing has moved the infrastructure of our club forward in the past twenty years and the board haven't got a vision for the future but because we can see some green shoots of progression on the pitch, suddenly everything in the garden is rosy?

Let's get excited about Jolley, but let's not forget that as a whole our club is still a dinosaur in a fast progressing football world where just about every club is leaving us well behind and we'll end up on the non-investment Fenty budget train (that only John's allowed to drive) to nowhere eventually.
Posted by: arryarryarry, May 7, 2018, 1:33pm; Reply: 65
Quoted from GrimRob
There are good points if you look for them, rather than dwell on the negative as some on this thread are prone to do. At least we get an explanation for the thinking behind not sacking Slade earlier, they nearly made a fatal mistake but to be fair I think few people anticipated such a dramatic nosedive as we had.

The Community Events are a good idea but the last one turned into a bit of a farce. Most of the suggestions for changes were batted off, but it's good to see at least some initiatives being taken on board like earlier season tickets and the new scheme for Exiles. They are never going to grant every wish, but the board do listen, and there can't be many clubs where the views of the supporters are as scrutinised as they are on here at times.

The regime change thing sounds a bit half-hearted. While it's all very well saying contact SM, it's far from encouraging and almost an offhand comment. There's no real evidence anyone has been approached. They may well have been but that's the way it comes across.

The biggest plus point though is that we have a manager everyone is behind for the first time for years (other than the first few days of the new manager's reign). It's the most excited I have felt about a new season for years, and am genuinely interested to see who he signs whereas a year ago I was expecting a few solid if unspectacular signings and a quest for a mid-season berth. I really do feel we'll be challenging at the top end next year, and can't wait to see the bookies prices as I am expecting long odds for promotion.

It's only two years ago that we had one of the most memorable ends to a season in years. Success and this board are not mutually exclusive. After two years in the wilderness I feel a good season is around the corner again.

I think a fair few of us on here after the Morcambe game were saying that there was only one way this club was heading with Slade in charge so I don't believe that bullshit from Fenty.

After a excrement season he shouldn't have engaged with the fans after the win and he shouldn't have issued yet another dismal statement he should have just shut the intercourse up.
Posted by: arryarryarry, May 7, 2018, 1:41pm; Reply: 66
Quoted from jimgtfc
I think as fans we need to be sensible about this situation now. It’s clear that something at the top of the club needs a change but we have to realise that it’s not a simple process. Those telling Fenty to get out now have to see that it doesn’t work like that and wether you like it or not the club would suffer if the current board just packed up their offices and left never to be seen again. Say what you like about John Fenty but he’s a Grimsby Town fan through and through and there’s not a chance he would knowingly place the club in danger by walking away without leaving a new structure to take over.

He’s now publicly stated that he’ll leave if there’s someone to take over, so we’ll just have to be patient and wait. In the mean time we’ve got an exciting young manager to get behind and support and maybe we’ll have something to really excited over on the pitch come August.

Hopefully now he’s had his say in latest statement, he’ll keep quiet for the summer and let Michael Jolley do the talking on the football side of things.

I have to ask the question why?

I don't read the club accounts so can you tell me exactly how much the current board (excluding the Trust) have put into the club this current or last season?
Posted by: Bigdog, May 7, 2018, 1:43pm; Reply: 67
Quoted from arryarryarry

I have to ask the question why?

I don't read the club accounts so can you tell me exactly how much the current board (excluding the Trust) have put into the club this current or last season?

£0

Took £200k+ out..

But some fans actually believe that JF pays the wages..
Posted by: MuddyWaters, May 7, 2018, 1:46pm; Reply: 68
The argument with the fans? Why? This statement? Why?

The truth is that most of the things that the board have been involved with this season have gone wrong. Bragate, Checkatrade, Fans Forum, SLO, getting recorded slagging the fans off (twice) etc.

The next truth is that the only reason for optimism is a new manager who was, dependent on rumours, second or third choice.

Would you really have been 'trigger happy' to fire Slade in January? No - listen to Danny Collins' interview last week - he clearly states that we were getting lucky before Christmas. He also clearly identifies one of the changes that MJ has made is interaction with senior players. Things were starting to break down even before the 20 game winless run - is it not incumbent on the board to make decisions rather than 'hope' things turn around?

We (the fans) know how much GTFC means to you Mr Fenty - but you aren't on your own. We crave success as much as you do - I suggest that now you've got a hungry and ambitious manager on board that you give him the support that the Cowleys seem to have had at Lincoln before he thinks that his time would be better spent elsewhere.

Who knows, you might get some fans back on board that way rather than looking to justify the past.
Posted by: arryarryarry, May 7, 2018, 1:50pm; Reply: 69
"Rightly or wrongly, I have taken a hell of a lot of flack in recent years"

"Wrongly" nearly 15 years of shite and he suggest wrongly.

Was there even one word of apology for nearly leading the club out of the Football League for the second time?
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, May 7, 2018, 2:49pm; Reply: 70
If you are going to stay, Mr Fenty, then may I give you some advice?

1. Shut up. Your press releases have always done more harm than good and are a waste of time.

2. Keep off the field, keep off the terraces, keep out of fans’ forums, it only ends in arguments or worse.

3. Appoint a respected chairman to do the PR with the media and the fans.

4. Remember that your personal reputation depends on the well being of our club, not vice versa.  If you want to bask in the glory you have to be prepared to swim in the sewer as well.

5. Do not apologise. You have said more than enough.

6. Repeat 1 to 5.
Posted by: promotion plaice, May 7, 2018, 3:08pm; Reply: 71

I'm no JF fan but on a positive note..... JF and the boards appointment of Jolley has to be commended.

On the downside.......

Fully expecting the club to somehow mess this one up in the future and Jolley clears off.
Posted by: bluerose13x, May 7, 2018, 3:10pm; Reply: 72
Day 3 of the off-season.

Using your basic language John: have you copulated off yet?

No season ticket for me whilst your here John. You see John, I was called a bully a few months ago so I might as well play the part. Not a penny more from myself and I will do everything in my power to pursade any of my mates who are also ST holders not to renew.

It's you or me John. I have done the intercourse off part for now. I will come back to attending home matches when you have copulated off.
Posted by: promotion plaice, May 7, 2018, 3:23pm; Reply: 73
Quoted from bluerose13x
Day 3 of the off-season.

Using your basic language John: have you copulated off yet?

No season ticket for me whilst your here John. You see John, I was called a bully a few months ago so I might as well play the part. Not a penny more from myself and I will do everything in my power to pursade any of my mates who are also ST holders not to renew.

It's you or me John. I have done the intercourse off part for now. I will come back to attending home matches when you have copulated off.

I respect your choice about not buying a season ticket while JF is in charge...... but for me the issue is if MJ is given competitive funds next season to capture target players early before we are left with the dregs no one wants........watch this space.

Posted by: golfer, May 7, 2018, 4:11pm; Reply: 74
To  me this letter is not too bad. It gives his account of things and in all fairness it seems pretty feasible. He didn't write it as his entry into a literacy exam so why is everybody scrutinizing every word or phrase that he uses. With "sic erat scriptum" throughout the text the "Grimsby" Evening Telegraph is surely taking the piste after all the mistakes that it makes in virtually every column. Is this a way for them to get their own back?
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, May 7, 2018, 4:23pm; Reply: 75
Well looking at all the ticks and crosses looks like he's our own Mr. Marmight you either like him or loathe him.

He says if he had walked away from those fans he would have been called an uncaring sod or words to that effect.

No, John, you do not have to pour fuel on the fire walking away would have been a much better solution.

Reminded me of a certain Rob Scot a few years back and his little tait a tait with the fans.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, May 7, 2018, 4:30pm; Reply: 76
Quoted from golfer
To  me this letter is not too bad. It gives his account of things and in all fairness it seems pretty feasible. He didn't write it as his entry into a literacy exam so why is everybody scrutinizing every word or phrase that he uses. With "sic erat scriptum" throughout the text the "Grimsby" Evening Telegraph is surely taking the piste after all the mistakes that it makes in virtually every column. Is this a way for them to get their own back?

It's not about literacy or dyslexia.

It's about justifying a season of decisions where just about everything that could go wrong did go wrong, particularly after the Fans Forum. It would not be a sign of weakness to admit that some decisions were flawed (you could say that had already happened in that recording) and that he and the board needed to learn from them. But, no, that's just not JF's style. He is right, we are wrong.

I've thought long & hard about next year's season tickets - GTFC is my club and 'In Jolley I trust' but the Season Tickets will be in spite of the board not because of them.
Posted by: grimsby pete, May 7, 2018, 4:34pm; Reply: 77
Where do I start ?

Well things were a lot better when JF  went silent on us,

Every time he opens his mouth he creates even more ammunition for the fans to have a go at him,

If you want to speak to the masses John tell us you have just given MJ  a 3 year contract instead of the micky mouse one you and you alone thinks its a good deal for both parties.

You have just made some of Town's loyal long term supporters come out again and say I will not buy a ST when they might have changed their minds because of MJ.

People also want to know how much would it take to buy the club,

Well I can answer that for you because you told me before you said "don't contact me again "because I kept asking questions you did not want to answer.

John Fenty benign  loans are benign while he is at the club so we are stuck with him as he wants his money back if somebody comes in and buys the club, This can be done in stages if not a lump sum,

So when is a benign  loan not a benign loan ?

It will cost in the region of 2 millions + 1.5 million in shares  = £3.5 million

I wish I could win the lottery , I would not make myself chairman or even spokesperson I would let somebody in PR  speak on behalf of the club and accountants to make sure the books are done.

Now if you did that John I would not have to win the lottery would I ? ;)
Posted by: Ipswin, May 7, 2018, 4:46pm; Reply: 78
Quoted from TheRealJohnLewis

The problem with your argument is that it's Fenty who is choosing the right person(s), and his character judgment is non-existent!

Doesn't say a lot for his choice of new manager, very worrying, I thought he'd got this one right
Posted by: Marinerz93, May 7, 2018, 4:51pm; Reply: 79
I'd like honest John to comment on why under his tenure Town's position for most of those seasons has either ended in relegation or scrapping around the foot of league 2. The season where we got promoted from non league doesn't count as we should have never been in that league to start with.

I'd like honest John to explain the MP shares fiasco.

I'd like honest John to give the trust it's shares back.

I'd like honest John to give us an update on the stadium.
Posted by: Garth, May 7, 2018, 5:05pm; Reply: 80
Going to get my season ticket early this time, to help fund new players, its not about one individual its about the club
Posted by: rancido, May 7, 2018, 5:14pm; Reply: 81
Quoted from arryarryarry

I think a fair few of us on here after the Morcambe game were saying that there was only one way this club was heading with Slade in charge so I don't believe that bullshit from Fenty.

After a excrement season he shouldn't have engaged with the fans after the win and he shouldn't have issued yet another dismal statement he should have just shut the intercourse up.

If you look back you will see that a lot of posters on this site were over the Moon that Slade was back. They were absolutely wetting themselves in the prospect that Slade would get us into League !. I hasten to add that I wasn't and thought he was a disaster waiting to happen after three sackings in two years but I was ridiculed in that belief !!
Posted by: RichMariner, May 7, 2018, 5:39pm; Reply: 82
There’s one very important thing that Fenty needs to understand, and it’s this:

No one trusts him any more.

So even if he comes out and makes a valid point, the vast majority of fans - including me - won’t believe it.

He’s made a succession of bad decisions since 2001 that has created a situation where, today, we are in his debt.

Remember - the reason he is £2-3m out of pocket through these benign loans isn’t the fans’ doing, it’s his.

So we’re now at a point where whatever he says, however relevant or right he is, it won’t be taken positively.

He, John Fenty, is damaged goods. His reputation, his standing among the fans... it’s gone.

So if he does have anything positive to say, he should say it through another director whose reputation isn’t damaged.

In the 2005 general election Labour didn’t use Tony Blair’s image on any of their campaign material because he was damaged goods. It’d gone beyond the point if no return, so they focused on other areas of the party to sell in to voters.

Fenty has gone beyond the point of no return. He’ll never win, and no press statement will win over his detractors.  
Posted by: MuddyWaters, May 7, 2018, 5:43pm; Reply: 83
Quoted from RichMariner
There’s one very important thing that Fenty needs to understand, and it’s this:

No one trusts him any more.

So even if he comes out and makes a valid point, the vast majority of fans - including me - won’t believe it.

He’s made a succession of bad decisions since 2001 that has created a situation where, today, we are in his debt.

Remember - the reason he is £2-3m out of pocket through these benign loans isn’t the fans’ doing, it’s his.

So we’re now at a point where whatever he says, however relevant or right he is, it won’t be taken positively.

He, John Fenty, is damaged goods. His reputation, his standing among the fans... it’s gone.

So if he does have anything positive to say, he should say it through another director whose reputation isn’t damaged.

In the 2005 general election Labour didn’t use Tony Blair’s image on any of their campaign material because he was damaged goods. It’d gone beyond the point if no return, so they focused on other areas of the party to sell in to voters.

Fenty has gone beyond the point of no return. He’ll never win, and no press statement will win over his detractors.  

And he's turned down an invitation to go on Sports Talk tonight according to Mike White on Twitter
Posted by: GTFCNiles, May 7, 2018, 6:02pm; Reply: 84
How many people cheered decisions made by Fenty....they didn't work out but we thought they where good decisions at the time. Think people giving him a hard time should consider that we are back in the league, are no longer running a deficit and have a great building block for next season. Shouting abuse at the chairman quite frankly is embarrassing, easy to shout abuse not easy to stand up and be counted.

The only appointment I didn't want is Slade, we took a RISK on Jolly, and it's looking like its going to pay off. We need to build for the future, leave the abuse at home with your bottle of Stella and string vest.

UTM.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, May 7, 2018, 6:13pm; Reply: 85
Quoted from GTFCNiles
How many people cheered decisions made by Fenty....they didn't work out but we thought they where good decisions at the time. Think people giving him a hard time should consider that we are back in the league, are no longer running a deficit and have a great building block for next season. Shouting abuse at the chairman quite frankly is embarrassing, easy to shout abuse not easy to stand up and be counted.

The only appointment I didn't want is Slade, we took a RISK on Jolly, and it's looking like its going to pay off. We need to build for the future, leave the abuse at home with your bottle of Stella and string vest.

UTM.

That's a bit flipping patronising, isn't it?

We need to build for the future? Yes, a stadium would be nice and a decent team would be even better, how many of them have we had in the last, say, 15 years?
Posted by: Bristol Mariner, May 7, 2018, 6:15pm; Reply: 86
Quoted from GTFCNiles

UTM.

He should have just left it after the game on Saturday and gone into the changing rooms, again whether he wanted to to not he's taken centre stage to the detriment of both himself and everyone associated with GTFC.
Posted by: TAGG, May 7, 2018, 6:20pm; Reply: 87
Quoted from Grim74
Shock, horror club owner engage’s with the fans! A very reasonable statement in my opinion he made some valid points, he summed up the season well and was positive about next season, some fans and a proven  small minority (most of which must be on this site) will never get off his back its called a Fenty syndrome, aided and abetted by the planks at Cod all Mighty, if we were to win the league next season Fenty would still be in the wrong, it’s like watching CNN!

Thank you for the statement John, I know a lot of fans are already optimistic about next season, only yesterday I spoke to a couple who said they would be buying season tickets for the very first time, My only minor criticism is as a shift worker a season ticket wouldn’t be worthwhile for me and my family so maybe this could be looked at, as there are many more in the same boat.

'a proven small minority'
Proven where???
Minority???

The Fenty bottom lickers are well in the minority now.
It's not just on here there is a majority that want Fenty nowhere near our club its over our whole fan base.
I have not heard one fan in support of Fenty at any game I've  been to this season(missed just two)
Posted by: Skrill, May 7, 2018, 6:27pm; Reply: 88
Quoted from RichMariner

They are still the same for many aspects in politics.

Everything else I agree  :P

Posted by: rancido, May 7, 2018, 6:29pm; Reply: 89
Quoted from TAGG

'a proven small minority'
Proven where???
Minority???

The Fenty bottom lickers are well in the minority now.
It's not just on here there is a majority that want Fenty nowhere near our club its over our whole fan base.
I have not heard one fan in support of Fenty at any game I've  been to this season(missed just two)

So, if you are not one of the " Fenty Out " brigade , you are classed as an " bottom licker " ! What a pathetic statement from what one could assume is an intelligent person.
Posted by: TAGG, May 7, 2018, 6:38pm; Reply: 90
Quoted from rancido

So, if you are not one of the " Fenty Out " brigade , you are classed as an " bottom licker " ! What a pathetic statement from what one could assume is an intelligent person.

No not all the deluded people who can't see what harm he has done and is still doing to our club are bottom lickers but some you can pick right out, it turns my stomach.
Posted by: Grim74, May 7, 2018, 6:40pm; Reply: 91
I think the ‘Fenty out’ protest was pretty conclusive! Did you forgot about this Tagg? Can you not remember the one that was stoked up on social media? And then can you not remember how many turned up????
Well you’d  get more people turn up for a Gary Glitter book signing!
Posted by: rancido, May 7, 2018, 6:44pm; Reply: 92
Quoted from TAGG

No not all the deluded people who can't see what harm he has done and is still doing to our club are bottom lickers but some you can pick right out, it turns my stomach.

So we can now add " deluded " to the list of adjectives used to describe fans who don't agree with your mantra. Like I said , pathetic. Having an opinion is all part of being in a democratic society. " I may not agree with what you say but I will defend to the death your right to say it ". Was the person who first said that an " bottom licker " or " deluded " ?
Posted by: Grim74, May 7, 2018, 6:48pm; Reply: 93
Quoted from TAGG

You’ve got Fenty syndrome pal take a day off! Call me an bottom licker all you want but I’ve criticised Fenty  over the years and that’s the difference, can you even give him credit for Jolley’s appointment? I bet you can’t  because you just come across as a bully boy.
Posted by: TAGG, May 7, 2018, 6:50pm; Reply: 94
Quoted from Grim74
I think the ‘Fenty out’ protest was pretty conclusive! Did you forgot about this Tagg? Can you not remember the one that was stoked up on social media? And then can you not remember how many turned up????
Well you’d  get more people turn up for a Gary Glitter book signing!

Tell you what I can remember.
The times this club was happy place to be and everyone was just happy to be a Town fan and there was none of this Toxic balderdash we have had over the last few years.
That's all down to your mate.
The majority want him out.
Posted by: TAGG, May 7, 2018, 6:54pm; Reply: 95
Quoted from Grim74

You’ve got Fenty syndrome pal take a day off! Call me an bottom licker all you want but I’ve criticised Fenty  over the years and that’s the difference, can you even give him credit for Jolley’s appointment? I bet you can’t  because you just come across as a bully boy.

No I can't.
He was not his first choice.
Only one bully and that's Fenty as he has shown.
Posted by: rancido, May 7, 2018, 6:56pm; Reply: 96
Quoted from TAGG

No I can't.
He was not his first choice.
Only one bully and that's Fenty as he has shown.

Your ridicule of anybody who doesn't agree with you on the subject of JF is also bullying but unfortunately you can't see it!
Posted by: TAGG, May 7, 2018, 6:59pm; Reply: 97
Quoted from rancido

Your ridicule of anybody who doesn't agree with you on the subject of JF is also bullying but unfortunately you can't see it!

;D  ;D  ;D  ;D
Posted by: MuddyWaters, May 7, 2018, 7:04pm; Reply: 98
Quoted from rancido

Quick question...other than the financial input which has, arguably, made the club unbuyable, can you tell us what positives there have been in the last 10 years?
Posted by: Mallyner, May 7, 2018, 7:10pm; Reply: 99
What i don't like about the Fishy is all the hatred on here for John Fenty and named players and I think anybody who confronted him on the pitch at FRG is a moron and a ham shanker.
Posted by: Meza, May 7, 2018, 7:15pm; Reply: 100
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Quick question...other than the financial input which has, arguably, made the club unbuyable, can you tell us what positives there have been in the last 10 years?

2 trophy finals
4 playoffs reached
2 playoff finals
1 Promotion
Posted by: TheRealJohnLewis, May 7, 2018, 7:17pm; Reply: 101
Quoted from Mallyner
What i don't like about the Fishy is all the hatred on here for John Fenty and named players and I think anybody who confronted him on the pitch at FRG is a moron and a ham shanker.

JF confronted the fans not the other way round, therefore does that make him the ham shanker?

Posted by: rancido, May 7, 2018, 7:17pm; Reply: 102
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I'm not questioning JF's ability or any success ( ? ) during his tenure. What I am questioning is the constant jibing and ridicule of any poster who doesn't buy into the anti-Fenty attitude. We are all entitled to our opinions regardless of what they are. As a point of interest I think JF has done so many things wrong but I will also defend those who don't see things the same way.
Posted by: Meza, May 7, 2018, 7:18pm; Reply: 103
Quoted from Meza

2 trophy finals
4 playoffs reached
2 playoff finals
1 Promotion

Not sure why i got red crossed is the above not true?

Or maybe its me lol.
Posted by: rancido, May 7, 2018, 7:18pm; Reply: 104
Quoted from TAGG

;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, May 7, 2018, 7:21pm; Reply: 105
Quoted from Meza

Or maybe its me lol.

Do you think him taking us to an FA Trophy final was a success? We shouldn't ever have had to play in that competition.
Posted by: realist, May 7, 2018, 7:21pm; Reply: 106
I think in the interest of accuracy we continue to call Fenty supporters  "happy clappers" and not bottom lickers as they are blind to the damage he has done and continues to do
Posted by: MeanwoodMariner, May 7, 2018, 7:21pm; Reply: 107
Quoted from Meza

Or maybe its me lol.

It's spot on, but where's the fun in that? Don't you know we've lost every game under Fenty? And if only a few more people on the Fishy would accept that then Fenty would write off his debt and hand over the club to an as yet unnamed white knight investor who will take us to the Premier League in 3 years. I think that's the plan.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, May 7, 2018, 7:28pm; Reply: 108
Quoted from Meza

2 trophy finals
4 playoffs reached
2 playoff finals
1 Promotion

That would be in the non-league then, plumbing the depths we had never previously reached.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, May 7, 2018, 7:32pm; Reply: 109
Quoted from Mallyner

I don't hate him. Why does it have to be 'love' or 'hate'?

He's a GTFC fan, so am I. I respect the finance that he has put into the club but don't like the financial position it has put us in. I respect the fact that he has more right than anyone else to have his say but I don't like how he goes about it. I also respect the fact that many people have a different opinion about him than I do.
Posted by: Meza, May 7, 2018, 7:36pm; Reply: 110
Quoted from Rodley Mariner

Do you think him taking us to an FA Trophy final was a success? We shouldn't ever have had to play in that competition.

Of course no one wants relegation especially out of the FL but constantly  bitching, moaning, isn't going to reverse what happens, i had a moan when we got relegated....picked myself up and dustes myself down.  I prefer to look forward not back during the bad times and i think thats half the problem with our fans you hold onto too much shite.....let it go bro.  And come aboard the Jolly bandwagon.

But yes i do think it was a success i certainly enjoyed myself.
Posted by: Bigdog, May 7, 2018, 7:45pm; Reply: 111
How to kill off the feel good factor and unity with one ill-judged bank holiday Sunday evening cava-fuelled "club" statement..
Posted by: Cambs Mariner, May 7, 2018, 7:56pm; Reply: 112
I am definitely not a Fenty fan but I am also not against people who are. We all have our differing opinion of him. It is over  the last 18 months that I have found his decisions very questionable to say the least. I shall never understand why he re-appointed Russell Slade, after he announced he was leaving on the eve of a play off final in 2006 and the 3 sackings he got before he joined GTFC. The last season has been the worst I can remember in board/ fan relations and I have been a fan since 1969. Even the ones who are in favour of him must agree that some of his decisions and comments have been strange to say the least.
If he really wants out, as he has said he does, then why doesn't he put the club up for sale and put a figure on the amount he wants and the assurances he wants before he will sell the club.
He has really aged over the 12 months and mentally he seems drained. He has developed a Bunker mentality and until the club is sold he needs to take a step back and let other people look after the club.
He needs to take a holiday and contemplate whether he can take the club forward because in his present state of mind I don't think he can
Posted by: KingstonMariner, May 7, 2018, 8:02pm; Reply: 113
So, one of the pro-fenny arguments seem to be that he at least he is a genuine fan. I'm sure a lot of hooligans are too, but by the same logic it's all right if they're genuine fans. Want to be an absolute C Unit? That's fine as long as you're a genuine fan*.

* Terms and conditions apply. This get out clause is only applicable to millionaires, as long as they didn't win the lottery or spend a million pounds on football club shares rather than lending them half of it.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, May 7, 2018, 8:04pm; Reply: 114
Though I think that JF's balls up's have outweighed his triumphs with the appointment of MJ and the impact he has had both on and off the pitch maybe just maybe it's time to park the clamor for a new board and see what happens next season.

We called for fresh energy and have it now in a manager that knows his sh1t and is keen to pull everyone together so that we can achieve our objective - success on the pitch.

I'd like to see the gang of 4 move on as long as the club was left ins safe hands but unlike some it's not the main GTFC topic that occupies my mind at the moment. The MJ revolution has got me thinking though.

if the "Fenty Out" campaign leads to losing MJ  by him getting spooked due to all the off the pitch stuff I think that will be it for me.

Remember the manger says he needs everyone together. We might and rightly so IMHO criticize the board for not backing managers but maybe it's our turn now to give a manager what he needs?
Posted by: carrot top, May 7, 2018, 8:06pm; Reply: 115
[quote=1291]

2 trophy finals - amateur competition
4 playoffs reached - amateur competition
2 playoff finals - amateur competition
1 Promotion - from an amateur competition

Ok Meza you could argue that there are professional clubs in there now, but on the whole it is amateur

Success?
Posted by: nightrider, May 7, 2018, 8:14pm; Reply: 116
Fenty wants his money back plus a little more for his troubles
He smells a bit of success and is clinging on to the hope that the clubs value will increase and he'll get that money back. But he needs the fans on side first.
Reading the statement and all the others, he genuinly doesn't blame himself for the clubs short comings though
You can't reason with him, he believes it
Posted by: Meza, May 7, 2018, 8:23pm; Reply: 117
Quoted from carrot top
[quote=1291]

Ok Meza you could argue that there are professional clubs in there now, but on the whole it is amateur

Success?

Well thats your opinion CT but i cant just pick un choose success when i see fit.  Its either success or not irrespective of what league were in.  

And when you put it down on paper it looks like we did ok.
Posted by: Lincoln Mariner 56, May 7, 2018, 8:24pm; Reply: 118
Quoted from carrot top
[quote=1291]

Success?

Amateur in what sense? Most of the clubs are full time and even Boston’s league has 11 full time teams nowadays. Extremely crap refs, extremely poor away attendances, extremely poor media coverage but the football at BP this year, including 90% of the visiting sides have been very poor and whilst we have been as bad as we have ever been in our history we were still in with a chance of getting some points in the majority of home games.

Certainly don’t want to return there but only thing amateur was possibly state of certain grounds and pitches.
Posted by: Cloudy, May 7, 2018, 8:25pm; Reply: 119
My take on all of this is as follows;

I do not think John Fenty is the right man to lead GTFC.

I know he put money in to pay off the tax man which could have led the club into administration. Leicester and Rotherham amongst many clubs who did got down that route and let's say, fared far better than us.

After the tax payment John 'loaned ' the club money to boost our budget to make us more competitive. I do not believe it to be just hindsight that suggests that was the wrong thing to do. We should have been operating within our means, we could hardly have done any worse had we done so as we tumbled through the divisions with struggle after struggle.
You don't need to be a genius to think, "hang on perhaps there is another way?"

He should have stopped mortgaging the club, any businessman with sense could see that would be ridiculous. All he has done by adopting this stance is that the club is unsaleable. He has the club by the balls and has done so for years.

His statements that the club is for sale is false. If I want to sell my house/car etc I would name a price and negotiate from there. I may get a little less I may get a little more but my asking price is a starting point for negotiation. Asking people to e-mail Steve Marley is not putting the club up for sale.

The latest statement goes on about increasing community involvement. Sound bites are great John but have you forgotten that you were recently recorded as saying the Trust were a joke ( or words to that effect) and that the fans efforts on Operation Promotion was " the worst thing that ever happened to this club"? I think is it perfectly natural that people will not be overwhelmed by your latest statement. I for one simply don't trust the so called buy in. Why hasn't this been the case for the last 15 years?
I don't think JF's greatest supporters would say he has ever been inclusive and gone out of his way to engage with the fans. By engagement I don't mean statements, I mean actions. Why haven't we had an exiles scheme? It has been brought up previously by he Trust and fans previously.
( I DO understand why there has not been a shift work RS season ticket btw)

I understand those who say the only thing as fans we can do is get behind Michael Jolley and hope, as a minimum, we are in for a much better time. That doesn't stop many of us feeling that we will be in the shite again sooner or later and that is because there is no long or even medium term plan. John doesn't do planning, he does shooting from the hip and micro managing every action and penny so the squeeze on the clubs throat ultimately results in strangulation.

Control freak who's actions will not allow the club to grow and prosper. Being a director is about advancement and moving slowly forward in a financially cautious manner by monitoring costs but maximising income. We simply have never ever done that in 15 years and it is for that reason I do not believe for one moment the leopard will change his spots.
Posted by: ginnywings, May 7, 2018, 8:28pm; Reply: 120
Quoted from rancido

I'm not questioning JF's ability or any success ( ? ) during his tenure. What I am questioning is the constant jibing and ridicule of any poster who doesn't buy into the anti-Fenty attitude. We are all entitled to our opinions regardless of what they are. As a point of interest I think JF has done so many things wrong but I will also defend those who don't see things the same way.

Jibing and ridicule where? Some people have one opinion, some another. Isn't that what forums are about?
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, May 7, 2018, 8:42pm; Reply: 121
Well, now the feel-good factor has been diluted again lets put this to bed but how many times do we keep doing that?

Until the next time John think once, think twice and just keep quiet.

Posted by: Mallyner, May 7, 2018, 9:07pm; Reply: 122
Quoted from TheRealJohnLewis

JF confronted the fans not the other way round, therefore does that make him the ham shanker?

Fair enough but I don't see how he would confront a fan unless he was goaded badly.  :-/
Posted by: arryarryarry, May 7, 2018, 9:14pm; Reply: 123
Quoted from HertsGTFC
Though I think that JF's balls up's have outweighed his triumphs with the appointment of MJ and the impact he has had both on and off the pitch maybe just maybe it's time to park the clamor for a new board and see what happens next season.

We called for fresh energy and have it now in a manager that knows his sh1t and is keen to pull everyone together so that we can achieve our objective - success on the pitch.

I'd like to see the gang of 4 move on as long as the club was left ins safe hands but unlike some it's not the main GTFC topic that occupies my mind at the moment. The MJ revolution has got me thinking though.

if the "Fenty Out" campaign leads to losing MJ  by him getting spooked due to all the off the pitch stuff I think that will be it for me.

Remember the manger says he needs everyone together. We might and rightly so IMHO criticize the board for not backing managers but maybe it's our turn now to give a manager what he needs?

Has any manager ever left a club because the fans are against the (non) chairman?
Posted by: Mallyner, May 7, 2018, 9:17pm; Reply: 124
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I don't hate him. Why does it have to be 'love' or 'hate'?

He's a GTFC fan, so am I. I respect the finance that he has put into the club but don't like the financial position it has put us in. I respect the fact that he has more right than anyone else to have his say but I don't like how he goes about it. I also respect the fact that many people have a different opinion about him than I do.

It might not be hate from you but it is definitely hatred from some posters. I have only spoken with John twice, once when I had a rare visit for fish and chips before the game and he came to talk to our table and once when ,I spoke at a planning meeting, for a development he was for and the barstard won. However compared with dreadful men such as Furneaux and Huxford, who mates have worked for and you wouldn't believe their stories, I find him a reasonable man.  :)
Posted by: hampshiremariner, May 7, 2018, 9:27pm; Reply: 125
He can't even spell!
Posted by: HertsGTFC, May 7, 2018, 9:38pm; Reply: 126
Quoted from arryarryarry

Has any manager ever left a club because the fans are against the (non) chairman?

Not sure TBH, but I’m sure that some have left clubs when they felt that whatever they tried they can’t pull key stake holders together.

Maybe not quoting him verbatim but the manager has asked for everyone to pull together, looking at the great start he has had why would we not do this?
Posted by: KingstonMariner, May 7, 2018, 9:58pm; Reply: 127
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Not sure TBH, but I’m sure that some have left clubs when they felt that whatever they tried they can’t pull key stake holders together.

Maybe not quoting him verbatim but the manager has asked for everyone to pull together, looking at the great start he has had why would we not do this?

I'd argue, if there is a risk it's in the long term interest of the club. It's a big IF though. MJ made that appeal but it's early days in his relationship with Fenty. To my mind the bigger risk is when MJ has weighed things up properly he's more likely to urine off with him in charge.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, May 7, 2018, 9:58pm; Reply: 128
Quoted from Mallyner

Fair enough but I don't see how he would confront a fan unless he was goaded badly.  :-/

Did you not read what Civvy wrote on Saturday?
Posted by: RichMariner, May 7, 2018, 10:25pm; Reply: 129
I notice that he's turned down an interview with Radio Humberside.

Now there was a chance to answer some questions once and for all in a two-way dialogue but, as we know, Fenty only does one-way dialogue.

Funny how he'll say what he wants to say when he's in control but can't stretch to the trouble of answering a few probing questions from local journalists so that more fans can't hear what he's thinking.

He's a control freak.

And another thing - if he wants his £2m 'benign' loans back then I'm classing all the money I've put into the club since 2001 as a benign loan and now I want it back.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, May 7, 2018, 10:47pm; Reply: 130
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Did you not read what Civvy wrote on Saturday?

Fentinistas must be in. Red crossing a question. What are they scared of?
Posted by: arryarryarry, May 8, 2018, 3:49am; Reply: 131
Quoted from Cambs Mariner
I am definitely not a Fenty fan but I am also not against people who are. We all have our differing opinion of him. It is over  the last 18 months that I have found his decisions very questionable to say the least. I shall never understand why he re-appointed Russell Slade, after he announced he was leaving on the eve of a play off final in 2006 and the 3 sackings he got before he joined GTFC. The last season has been the worst I can remember in board/ fan relations and I have been a fan since 1969. Even the ones who are in favour of him must agree that some of his decisions and comments have been strange to say the least.
If he really wants out, as he has said he does, then why doesn't he put the club up for sale and put a figure on the amount he wants and the assurances he wants before he will sell the club.
He has really aged over the 12 months and mentally he seems drained. He has developed a Bunker mentality and until the club is sold he needs to take a step back and let other people look after the club.
He needs to take a holiday and contemplate whether he can take the club forward because in his present state of mind I don't think he can

Only the past 18 months, blimey.
(confused1)
Posted by: arryarryarry, May 8, 2018, 3:52am; Reply: 132
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Was that before JF's statement?

Perhaps he needs a quiet word with his boss and suggest he keeps a low profile for the next few months.
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, May 8, 2018, 4:20am; Reply: 133
Quoted from Mallyner

It might not be hate from you but it is definitely hatred from some posters. I have only spoken with John twice, once when I had a rare visit for fish and chips before the game and he came to talk to our table and once when ,I spoke at a planning meeting, for a development he was for and the barstard won. However compared with dreadful meouldn such as Furneaux and Huxford, who mates have worked for and you wouldn't believe their stories, I find him a reasonable man.  :)

Furneaux would not even give you the time of day he spoke posh and could not even remember the player's names. he started our downfall with the ITV fiasco borrowing loads of money he did not have.
Posted by: rancido, May 8, 2018, 6:59am; Reply: 134
Quoted from ginnywings

Jibing and ridicule where? Some people have one opinion, some another. Isn't that what forums are about?

I think you will find calling somebody a " bottom licker " is classed as ridicule, especially when it is applied to an opinion. Also calling people " Happy clappers " is a jibe. You can disagree with a persons point of view without using these kind of expressions.
Posted by: golfer, May 8, 2018, 1:39pm; Reply: 135
Quoted from Mallyner

As Brown would say  "fking bigots"
Posted by: realist, May 8, 2018, 3:59pm; Reply: 136
Quoted from rancido

I think you will find calling somebody a " bottom licker " is classed as ridicule, especially when it is applied to an opinion. Also calling people " Happy clappers " is a jibe. You can disagree with a persons point of view without using these kind of expressions.

Why? You posts are rediculous as Corbyn and co and deserve these kind of responses

Posted by: jock dock tower, May 8, 2018, 4:09pm; Reply: 137
Note to Mr Jolley. It all makes the financial trading in the city, handling £millions of stocks, shares and funds seem like child's play. Welcome to the wonderful, wacky, somewhat irreverant world of the Fishy!
Posted by: rancido, May 8, 2018, 7:11pm; Reply: 138
Quoted from realist

Why? You posts are rediculous as Corbyn and co and deserve these kind of responses

I assume you meant to say "your posts are as ridiculous as Corbyn and Co" and that's the kind of response your post deserves!
Posted by: Caesar, May 8, 2018, 9:12pm; Reply: 139
Have waited a couple of days to collect my thoughts on everything that has happened since 4:45 on Saturday, but ultimately as one of the fans who engaged with John Fenty after the FGR match I kind of want to put down my thoughts.

Firstly I regret that I was rather boozed up and emotional and didn’t put across all my thoughts in a clear and more concise way. It was after the first angry confrontations that appeared on youtube, after a little while my mate wanted to give credit where its due and say well done for appointing Jolley, whatever else has gone on you got that right. I got the opportunity to say please oppose B-teams.

At first he just sought to reassure me they were not the thin end of the wedge as only eight teams would need to oppose them for them not to be allowed into the league (the fact that later on in his argument pointed out that whatever they say, only four teams actually opposed the b-teams kind of undermined that point but alas at the time I wasn’t bright enough to point that out). Once I pointed out that I object to b-teams in principle in any trophy he said he couldn’t convince me but essentially that they were faced with scrapping the trophy or having B-teams, and as a club who has made a couple of million from previous runs in the competition he could not as custodian of the club pass up the chance for the club to potentially earn a load of money from such a run. He pointed out that trophy games have always been lowly attended early on. He did eventually concede the point that we as fans have boycotted it extensively but seemed to think we were almost unique in that.

I wound up the conversation, fearful of keeping the people who took me to the game in Nailsworth for far longer than anyone has ever wanted to be in Nailsworth. To be fair to Fenty he was still willing to talk or at least put his views across to me.

What did I learn from this? 1) John Fenty is very angry at the way he feels he has been treated. 2) He is very angry at his side of the story not being the one repeated. 3) Don’t try to argue nuanced points when drunk, emotionally exhausted and having stood in baking heat for 90 minutes.

I personally don’t think John Fenty will change and I think we need change, I think we need someone who understands that a community club isn’t a buzzword to be thrown about but is a club that recognises fans are an integral part of the club and need to be listened to regularly. However until such a time as change comes I hope John Fenty will understand this and would encourage fans to try and convince him to change, by respectfully putting our views across. It might not work, but until we are successful in removing him as majority shareholder we have to keep giving it a go, and it is a whole lot better and more likely to get results than just shouting at him.  
Posted by: KingstonMariner, May 8, 2018, 10:43pm; Reply: 140
Well said Caeser. Takes a big man to own up to being less than, errrmmm, eloquent.  ;)
Posted by: lukeo, May 13, 2018, 9:23am; Reply: 141
I'd like to apologise to everyone, I've learnt that actually what some people have said is true. JF is a control freak and unless someone is willing to pay him all of his loans back and run the club he's going knowhere. Not going to go into details as I will probably word it wrong but he forced everyone's hands that time the trust got those shares from Parker. He really is a control freak but we can't do anything about it so I personally think we should just stop giving him the time of day, don't talk to him or about hi mane continue supporting the club we love. No matter what we do he won't leave the club unless someone pays him back all his loans.
Posted by: davmariner, May 13, 2018, 4:26pm; Reply: 142
Quoted from lukeo
I'd like to apologise to everyone, I've learnt that actually what some people have said is true. JF is a control freak and unless someone is willing to pay him all of his loans back and run the club he's going knowhere. Not going to go into details as I will probably word it wrong but he forced everyone's hands that time the trust got those shares from Parker. He really is a control freak but we can't do anything about it so I personally think we should just stop giving him the time of day, don't talk to him or about hi mane continue supporting the club we love. No matter what we do he won't leave the club unless someone pays him back all his loans.

Your head must have been wedged pretty far down under Cleethorpes beach if it’s only taken you until now to realise this.
Posted by: lukeo, May 13, 2018, 5:32pm; Reply: 143
I like to always try to see the best in people, I myself could never be like that so hope that everyone's the same. Oh well
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, May 13, 2018, 8:28pm; Reply: 144
Quoted from lukeo

Apart from his close family and sycophantic hangers on, no one has a good word for Fenty. Total control freak and completely unable to work with others for the common good are the comments that are most widely heard. He has saddled us with "benign" loans for as long as he cares to carry on - basically lent us money to cover his own mistakes that ensures he can control the club for years to come. We will make no long term progress during his reign; as soon as we get a sniff of success people are off like a shot - managers, fellow directors (the ones with money) and players.  Not that we have any real success, but even a smidgen and the people who achieve it are running for the hills.

My only hope is that Jolley can get us into league 1 meaning we have a bit of a buffer before the inevitable cost cutting and zero ambition takes its toll and Jolley himself goes on to better things.
Posted by: RichMariner, May 13, 2018, 10:54pm; Reply: 145
The thing about the Trophy B-teams... he explains his reasoning now, post-vote, but never actually bothered ti gauge the view of the fans.

If he'd have said:

We have an important vote to make. B-teams could be introduced to the Trophy. If we don't vote to include them, the competition could be scrapped entirely... and we need the money it brings in, however little it may be.

As fans of the club, do you think we should accept B-teams and see what the future brings and continue making a bit of extra money that we could invest in the squad, or should we vote against it and potentially lose an income stream?

There was no dialogue from him or the board members at any time on this. It's not necessarily the vote they made that riled us; it's the way they did it.

We as fans weren't presented with all the facts that he and the board had.

That's why I just don't believe him when he says he's open and honest. He never has been, and he never will be. Just because he's ready to go ten rounds with fans in a car park, doesn't make you open and honest.
Posted by: TAGG, May 13, 2018, 10:57pm; Reply: 146

Apart from his close family and sycophantic hangers on, no one has a good word for Fenty. Total control freak and completely unable to work with others for the common good are the comments that are most widely heard. He has saddled us with "benign" loans for as long as he cares to carry on - basically lent us money to cover his own mistakes that ensures he can control the club for years to come. We will make no long term progress during his reign; as soon as we get a sniff of success people are off like a shot - managers, fellow directors (the ones with money) and players.  Not that we have any real success, but even a smidgen and the people who achieve it are running for the hills.

My only hope is that Jolley can get us into league 1 meaning we have a bit of a buffer before the inevitable cost cutting and zero ambition takes its toll and Jolley himself goes on to better things.

Bang on.
Got him to a tee 👍
Posted by: Cloudy, May 14, 2018, 1:33pm; Reply: 147
Just a word of warning for those who want Fenty to 'hand over the cash' or 'increase the budget'
Cambridge have just unveilled huge losses
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44075122

IMO we must keep a tight control on costs whilst trying to boost the income. We do this, as I keep banging on about, by engaging with the fans and the community
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, May 14, 2018, 2:28pm; Reply: 148
Quoted from Cloudy
Just a word of warning for those who want Fenty to 'hand over the cash' or 'increase the budget'

IMO we must keep a tight control on costs whilst trying to boost the income. We do this, as I keep banging on about, by engaging with the fans and the community

I wouldn't worry too much - there is precious little chance of that!
Posted by: KingstonMariner, May 14, 2018, 6:48pm; Reply: 149
Quoted from Cloudy

Couldn't agree more. Based on attendances we should easily be top half budget wise for this division. I'd rather be patient and see steady growth, which I believe we're capable of, if need be than get into more debt to any director.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, May 14, 2018, 6:50pm; Reply: 150
Quoted from lukeo
I like to always try to see the best in people, I myself could never be like that so hope that everyone's the same. Oh well

Fair play Luke. Believe it or not, I was the same myself with JSF until 2011.
Posted by: grimsby pete, May 14, 2018, 8:49pm; Reply: 151
Quoted from rancido

I agree I do not like the man I just want him to " shut up "  ;)

If he does that he can stay until a new buyer comes forward .as far as I am concerned.
Posted by: lukeo, May 14, 2018, 8:49pm; Reply: 152
Quoted from grimsby pete

I agree I do not like the man I just want him to " shut up "  ;)

If he does that he can stay until a new buyer comes forward .as far as I am concerned.

Agreed.
Print page generated: March 19, 2024, 6:07am