Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › John Fenty: "A Message To Our Supporters"
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 6 Guests

John Fenty: "A Message To Our Supporters"

This thread currently has 24,266 views. Print
16 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
Garth
May 7, 2018, 5:05pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.93
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,913
Gold Stars: 25
Going to get my season ticket early this time, to help fund new players, its not about one individual its about the club
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 152
rancido
May 7, 2018, 5:14pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,409
Gold Stars: 91
Quoted from arryarryarry

I think a fair few of us on here after the Morcambe game were saying that there was only one way this club was heading with Slade in charge so I don't believe that bullshit from Fenty.

After a excrement season he shouldn't have engaged with the fans after the win and he shouldn't have issued yet another dismal statement he should have just shut the intercourse up.

If you look back you will see that a lot of posters on this site were over the Moon that Slade was back. They were absolutely wetting themselves in the prospect that Slade would get us into League !. I hasten to add that I wasn't and thought he was a disaster waiting to happen after three sackings in two years but I was ridiculed in that belief !!

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 152
RichMariner
May 7, 2018, 5:39pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,108
Gold Stars: 204
There’s one very important thing that Fenty needs to understand, and it’s this:

No one trusts him any more.

So even if he comes out and makes a valid point, the vast majority of fans - including me - won’t believe it.

He’s made a succession of bad decisions since 2001 that has created a situation where, today, we are in his debt.

Remember - the reason he is £2-3m out of pocket through these benign loans isn’t the fans’ doing, it’s his.

So we’re now at a point where whatever he says, however relevant or right he is, it won’t be taken positively.

He, John Fenty, is damaged goods. His reputation, his standing among the fans... it’s gone.

So if he does have anything positive to say, he should say it through another director whose reputation isn’t damaged.

In the 2005 general election Labour didn’t use Tony Blair’s image on any of their campaign material because he was damaged goods. It’d gone beyond the point if no return, so they focused on other areas of the party to sell in to voters.

Fenty has gone beyond the point of no return. He’ll never win, and no press statement will win over his detractors.  

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 82 - 152
MuddyWaters
May 7, 2018, 5:43pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +46 / -25
Approval: +31,785
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from RichMariner
There’s one very important thing that Fenty needs to understand, and it’s this:

No one trusts him any more.

So even if he comes out and makes a valid point, the vast majority of fans - including me - won’t believe it.

He’s made a succession of bad decisions since 2001 that has created a situation where, today, we are in his debt.

Remember - the reason he is £2-3m out of pocket through these benign loans isn’t the fans’ doing, it’s his.

So we’re now at a point where whatever he says, however relevant or right he is, it won’t be taken positively.

He, John Fenty, is damaged goods. His reputation, his standing among the fans... it’s gone.

So if he does have anything positive to say, he should say it through another director whose reputation isn’t damaged.

In the 2005 general election Labour didn’t use Tony Blair’s image on any of their campaign material because he was damaged goods. It’d gone beyond the point if no return, so they focused on other areas of the party to sell in to voters.

Fenty has gone beyond the point of no return. He’ll never win, and no press statement will win over his detractors.  

And he's turned down an invitation to go on Sports Talk tonight according to Mike White on Twitter
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 152
GTFCNiles
May 7, 2018, 6:02pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: +35
Gold Stars: 5
How many people cheered decisions made by Fenty....they didn't work out but we thought they where good decisions at the time. Think people giving him a hard time should consider that we are back in the league, are no longer running a deficit and have a great building block for next season. Shouting abuse at the chairman quite frankly is embarrassing, easy to shout abuse not easy to stand up and be counted.

The only appointment I didn't want is Slade, we took a RISK on Jolly, and it's looking like its going to pay off. We need to build for the future, leave the abuse at home with your bottle of Stella and string vest.

UTM.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 152
MuddyWaters
May 7, 2018, 6:13pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +46 / -25
Approval: +31,785
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from GTFCNiles
How many people cheered decisions made by Fenty....they didn't work out but we thought they where good decisions at the time. Think people giving him a hard time should consider that we are back in the league, are no longer running a deficit and have a great building block for next season. Shouting abuse at the chairman quite frankly is embarrassing, easy to shout abuse not easy to stand up and be counted.

The only appointment I didn't want is Slade, we took a RISK on Jolly, and it's looking like its going to pay off. We need to build for the future, leave the abuse at home with your bottle of Stella and string vest.

UTM.

That's a bit flipping patronising, isn't it?

We need to build for the future? Yes, a stadium would be nice and a decent team would be even better, how many of them have we had in the last, say, 15 years?
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 152
Bristol Mariner
May 7, 2018, 6:15pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +2,877
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from GTFCNiles

UTM.

He should have just left it after the game on Saturday and gone into the changing rooms, again whether he wanted to to not he's taken centre stage to the detriment of both himself and everyone associated with GTFC.

GTFC Exile, Bristol Mariners
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 152
TAGG
May 7, 2018, 6:20pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -26
Approval: +2,969
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from Grim74
Shock, horror club owner engage’s with the fans! A very reasonable statement in my opinion he made some valid points, he summed up the season well and was positive about next season, some fans and a proven  small minority (most of which must be on this site) will never get off his back its called a Fenty syndrome, aided and abetted by the planks at Cod all Mighty, if we were to win the league next season Fenty would still be in the wrong, it’s like watching CNN!

Thank you for the statement John, I know a lot of fans are already optimistic about next season, only yesterday I spoke to a couple who said they would be buying season tickets for the very first time, My only minor criticism is as a shift worker a season ticket wouldn’t be worthwhile for me and my family so maybe this could be looked at, as there are many more in the same boat.

'a proven small minority'
Proven where???
Minority???

The Fenty bottom lickers are well in the minority now.
It's not just on here there is a majority that want Fenty nowhere near our club its over our whole fan base.
I have not heard one fan in support of Fenty at any game I've  been to this season(missed just two)

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 152
Skrill
May 7, 2018, 6:27pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +6 / -6
Approval: +604
Quoted from RichMariner

They are still the same for many aspects in politics.

Everything else I agree  

Tweet 316134373063806976 will appear here...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 152
rancido
May 7, 2018, 6:29pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,409
Gold Stars: 91
Quoted from TAGG

'a proven small minority'
Proven where???
Minority???

The Fenty bottom lickers are well in the minority now.
It's not just on here there is a majority that want Fenty nowhere near our club its over our whole fan base.
I have not heard one fan in support of Fenty at any game I've  been to this season(missed just two)

So, if you are not one of the " Fenty Out " brigade , you are classed as an " bottom licker " ! What a pathetic statement from what one could assume is an intelligent person.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 152
16 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › John Fenty: "A Message To Our Supporters"

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.