Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › John Fenty: "A Message To Our Supporters"
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 8 Guests

John Fenty: "A Message To Our Supporters"

This thread currently has 24,269 views. Print
16 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
May 7, 2018, 2:49pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
If you are going to stay, Mr Fenty, then may I give you some advice?

1. Shut up. Your press releases have always done more harm than good and are a waste of time.

2. Keep off the field, keep off the terraces, keep out of fans’ forums, it only ends in arguments or worse.

3. Appoint a respected chairman to do the PR with the media and the fans.

4. Remember that your personal reputation depends on the well being of our club, not vice versa.  If you want to bask in the glory you have to be prepared to swim in the sewer as well.

5. Do not apologise. You have said more than enough.

6. Repeat 1 to 5.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 152
promotion plaice
May 7, 2018, 3:08pm

Posts Per Day: 3.84
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,952
Gold Stars: 188

I'm no JF fan but on a positive note..... JF and the boards appointment of Jolley has to be commended.

On the downside.......

Fully expecting the club to somehow mess this one up in the future and Jolley clears off.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 152
bluerose13x
May 7, 2018, 3:10pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +323
Day 3 of the off-season.

Using your basic language John: have you copulated off yet?

No season ticket for me whilst your here John. You see John, I was called a bully a few months ago so I might as well play the part. Not a penny more from myself and I will do everything in my power to pursade any of my mates who are also ST holders not to renew.

It's you or me John. I have done the intercourse off part for now. I will come back to attending home matches when you have copulated off.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 152
promotion plaice
May 7, 2018, 3:23pm

Posts Per Day: 3.84
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,952
Gold Stars: 188
Quoted from bluerose13x
Day 3 of the off-season.

Using your basic language John: have you copulated off yet?

No season ticket for me whilst your here John. You see John, I was called a bully a few months ago so I might as well play the part. Not a penny more from myself and I will do everything in my power to pursade any of my mates who are also ST holders not to renew.

It's you or me John. I have done the intercourse off part for now. I will come back to attending home matches when you have copulated off.

I respect your choice about not buying a season ticket while JF is in charge...... but for me the issue is if MJ is given competitive funds next season to capture target players early before we are left with the dregs no one wants........watch this space.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 152
golfer
May 7, 2018, 4:11pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.31
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,358
Gold Stars: 111
To  me this letter is not too bad. It gives his account of things and in all fairness it seems pretty feasible. He didn't write it as his entry into a literacy exam so why is everybody scrutinizing every word or phrase that he uses. With "sic erat scriptum" throughout the text the "Grimsby" Evening Telegraph is surely taking the piste after all the mistakes that it makes in virtually every column. Is this a way for them to get their own back?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 152
Mrs Doyle
May 7, 2018, 4:23pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Well looking at all the ticks and crosses looks like he's our own Mr. Marmight you either like him or loathe him.

He says if he had walked away from those fans he would have been called an uncaring sod or words to that effect.

No, John, you do not have to pour fuel on the fire walking away would have been a much better solution.

Reminded me of a certain Rob Scot a few years back and his little tait a tait with the fans.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 152
MuddyWaters
May 7, 2018, 4:30pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +46 / -25
Approval: +31,785
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from golfer
To  me this letter is not too bad. It gives his account of things and in all fairness it seems pretty feasible. He didn't write it as his entry into a literacy exam so why is everybody scrutinizing every word or phrase that he uses. With "sic erat scriptum" throughout the text the "Grimsby" Evening Telegraph is surely taking the piste after all the mistakes that it makes in virtually every column. Is this a way for them to get their own back?

It's not about literacy or dyslexia.

It's about justifying a season of decisions where just about everything that could go wrong did go wrong, particularly after the Fans Forum. It would not be a sign of weakness to admit that some decisions were flawed (you could say that had already happened in that recording) and that he and the board needed to learn from them. But, no, that's just not JF's style. He is right, we are wrong.

I've thought long & hard about next year's season tickets - GTFC is my club and 'In Jolley I trust' but the Season Tickets will be in spite of the board not because of them.
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 152
grimsby pete
May 7, 2018, 4:34pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,763
Gold Stars: 221
Where do I start ?

Well things were a lot better when JF  went silent on us,

Every time he opens his mouth he creates even more ammunition for the fans to have a go at him,

If you want to speak to the masses John tell us you have just given MJ  a 3 year contract instead of the micky mouse one you and you alone thinks its a good deal for both parties.

You have just made some of Town's loyal long term supporters come out again and say I will not buy a ST when they might have changed their minds because of MJ.

People also want to know how much would it take to buy the club,

Well I can answer that for you because you told me before you said "don't contact me again "because I kept asking questions you did not want to answer.

John Fenty benign  loans are benign while he is at the club so we are stuck with him as he wants his money back if somebody comes in and buys the club, This can be done in stages if not a lump sum,

So when is a benign  loan not a benign loan ?

It will cost in the region of 2 millions + 1.5 million in shares  = £3.5 million

I wish I could win the lottery , I would not make myself chairman or even spokesperson I would let somebody in PR  speak on behalf of the club and accountants to make sure the books are done.

Now if you did that John I would not have to win the lottery would I ?

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 152
Ipswin
May 7, 2018, 4:46pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from TheRealJohnLewis

The problem with your argument is that it's Fenty who is choosing the right person(s), and his character judgment is non-existent!

Doesn't say a lot for his choice of new manager, very worrying, I thought he'd got this one right

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 152
Marinerz93
May 7, 2018, 4:51pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
I'd like honest John to comment on why under his tenure Town's position for most of those seasons has either ended in relegation or scrapping around the foot of league 2. The season where we got promoted from non league doesn't count as we should have never been in that league to start with.

I'd like honest John to explain the MP shares fiasco.

I'd like honest John to give the trust it's shares back.

I'd like honest John to give us an update on the stadium.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 152
16 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › John Fenty: "A Message To Our Supporters"

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.