Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › John Fenty: "A Message To Our Supporters"
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 8 Guests

John Fenty: "A Message To Our Supporters"

This thread currently has 24,549 views. Print
16 Pages Prev ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
KingstonMariner
May 8, 2018, 10:43pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Well said Caeser. Takes a big man to own up to being less than, errrmmm, eloquent.  

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 140 - 152
lukeo
May 13, 2018, 9:23am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,372
Gold Stars: 145
I'd like to apologise to everyone, I've learnt that actually what some people have said is true. JF is a control freak and unless someone is willing to pay him all of his loans back and run the club he's going knowhere. Not going to go into details as I will probably word it wrong but he forced everyone's hands that time the trust got those shares from Parker. He really is a control freak but we can't do anything about it so I personally think we should just stop giving him the time of day, don't talk to him or about hi mane continue supporting the club we love. No matter what we do he won't leave the club unless someone pays him back all his loans.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 141 - 152
davmariner
May 13, 2018, 4:26pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,912
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from lukeo
I'd like to apologise to everyone, I've learnt that actually what some people have said is true. JF is a control freak and unless someone is willing to pay him all of his loans back and run the club he's going knowhere. Not going to go into details as I will probably word it wrong but he forced everyone's hands that time the trust got those shares from Parker. He really is a control freak but we can't do anything about it so I personally think we should just stop giving him the time of day, don't talk to him or about hi mane continue supporting the club we love. No matter what we do he won't leave the club unless someone pays him back all his loans.

Your head must have been wedged pretty far down under Cleethorpes beach if itโ€™s only taken you until now to realise this.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 142 - 152
lukeo
May 13, 2018, 5:32pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,372
Gold Stars: 145
I like to always try to see the best in people, I myself could never be like that so hope that everyone's the same. Oh well
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 143 - 152
lew chaterleys lover
May 13, 2018, 8:28pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,694
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from lukeo

Apart from his close family and sycophantic hangers on, no one has a good word for Fenty. Total control freak and completely unable to work with others for the common good are the comments that are most widely heard. He has saddled us with "benign" loans for as long as he cares to carry on - basically lent us money to cover his own mistakes that ensures he can control the club for years to come. We will make no long term progress during his reign; as soon as we get a sniff of success people are off like a shot - managers, fellow directors (the ones with money) and players.  Not that we have any real success, but even a smidgen and the people who achieve it are running for the hills.

My only hope is that Jolley can get us into league 1 meaning we have a bit of a buffer before the inevitable cost cutting and zero ambition takes its toll and Jolley himself goes on to better things.
Private Message
Reply: 144 - 152
RichMariner
May 13, 2018, 10:54pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,132
Gold Stars: 209
The thing about the Trophy B-teams... he explains his reasoning now, post-vote, but never actually bothered ti gauge the view of the fans.

If he'd have said:

We have an important vote to make. B-teams could be introduced to the Trophy. If we don't vote to include them, the competition could be scrapped entirely... and we need the money it brings in, however little it may be.

As fans of the club, do you think we should accept B-teams and see what the future brings and continue making a bit of extra money that we could invest in the squad, or should we vote against it and potentially lose an income stream?

There was no dialogue from him or the board members at any time on this. It's not necessarily the vote they made that riled us; it's the way they did it.

We as fans weren't presented with all the facts that he and the board had.

That's why I just don't believe him when he says he's open and honest. He never has been, and he never will be. Just because he's ready to go ten rounds with fans in a car park, doesn't make you open and honest.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 145 - 152
TAGG
May 13, 2018, 10:57pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,960
Gold Stars: 124

Apart from his close family and sycophantic hangers on, no one has a good word for Fenty. Total control freak and completely unable to work with others for the common good are the comments that are most widely heard. He has saddled us with "benign" loans for as long as he cares to carry on - basically lent us money to cover his own mistakes that ensures he can control the club for years to come. We will make no long term progress during his reign; as soon as we get a sniff of success people are off like a shot - managers, fellow directors (the ones with money) and players.  Not that we have any real success, but even a smidgen and the people who achieve it are running for the hills.

My only hope is that Jolley can get us into league 1 meaning we have a bit of a buffer before the inevitable cost cutting and zero ambition takes its toll and Jolley himself goes on to better things.

Bang on.
Got him to a tee ๐Ÿ‘

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 146 - 152
Cloudy
May 14, 2018, 1:33pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Just a word of warning for those who want Fenty to 'hand over the cash' or 'increase the budget'
Cambridge have just unveilled huge losses
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44075122

IMO we must keep a tight control on costs whilst trying to boost the income. We do this, as I keep banging on about, by engaging with the fans and the community
Private Message
Reply: 147 - 152
lew chaterleys lover
May 14, 2018, 2:28pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,694
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Cloudy
Just a word of warning for those who want Fenty to 'hand over the cash' or 'increase the budget'

IMO we must keep a tight control on costs whilst trying to boost the income. We do this, as I keep banging on about, by engaging with the fans and the community

I wouldn't worry too much - there is precious little chance of that!
Private Message
Reply: 148 - 152
KingstonMariner
May 14, 2018, 6:48pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Cloudy

Couldn't agree more. Based on attendances we should easily be top half budget wise for this division. I'd rather be patient and see steady growth, which I believe we're capable of, if need be than get into more debt to any director.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 149 - 152
16 Pages Prev ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › John Fenty: "A Message To Our Supporters"

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.