Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › John Fenty: "A Message To Our Supporters"
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 21 Guests

John Fenty: "A Message To Our Supporters"

This thread currently has 24,485 views. Print
16 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
Father Christmas
May 6, 2018, 11:17pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: -10
Quoted from davmariner
Wonder who the contractual development refers to.

Hopefully agreed to terminate Kelly and Dixons contracts
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 152
hheh2
May 6, 2018, 11:22pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +759
Gold Stars: 4
Basically more material for Tommy of the Town

Poojah's fishy

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 152
Marinerz93
May 6, 2018, 11:28pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
The bit that made me laugh was"I am always open to dialogue with our supporters" when at the fans forum someone explained to him what the club did was wrong and Fenty said that's your opinion, when it was the majorities opinion

Also the cautionary tales of Hartlepool United, York City, Rushden & Diamonds, Darlington, Stockport County, Chester City, putting those up as examples of justification for the excrement we have had to endure under his appalling tenure exposes the clubs lack of ambition and why we are failing under his and his yes men.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 152
Cloudy
May 6, 2018, 11:28pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Makes me physically sick. How much longer will Town fans buy this shite.

Not one admittance of any kind of error, ever!!

No humility whatsoever, he makes me want to walk away.

One last time "SHUT THE intercourse UP"
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 152
RichMariner
May 6, 2018, 11:34pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,141
Gold Stars: 209
It literally says in that statement, in black and white, he makes no apologies (for what he thinks are in the best interests of the club).

The bloke cannot apologise and cannot take any responsibility for anything bad that's happened. It's always someone else's fault (usually the fans'), or circumstance.

John, with the greatest respect, your judgment of what's in the best interests of this football club is what took it into non-league - and nearly again. You are a poor judge of character and you have proven that you make a succession of bad decisions that have threatened the future of this football club.

I believe you when you say you have our best interests at heart but over these last 16 years or so we've lurched from one bad season to another under your stewardship. That is beyond coincidence.

That statement says nothing other than 'I'm only human and I'll keep doing what I think is right, even if you don't like it, and you should continue to support me'.

He talks about disappointments but takes none of the blame. That statement is incredibly defensive. I don't agree that he's open and honest - he has slanging matches with fans. That's not being open an honest. That's just being nasty and antagonistic.

Once again there's reference to 'rolling with the punches'. So many of his statements are littered with aggressive metaphors. The guy is incredibly aggressive - you don't need a degree in psychology to see that.

All in all that's a pretty useless statement. It's simply John's effort to defend himself but he's framed it as if he's trying to rally the troops.

Sorry John but I see right through it. Scratch beneath the surface and it's nothing more than 'I'll keep doing what I think is right' - even though what you think is right is just damaging the club, year after year.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 14 - 152
Sussexmariner
May 6, 2018, 11:37pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +618
Gold Stars: 18
Setting up a “exile season membership scheme”

Fenty IN

Are we any closer to getting promoted since Hurst has been here? No

Has he been given time to achieve promotion by the chairman and fans? Yes

Hurst out
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 152
Bigdog
May 7, 2018, 12:03am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Only an idiot could be taken in by that unapologetic, passive aggressive, arrogant, condescending claptrap. He really does think that us GTFC fans haven't got a single brain cell between the lot of us..

The scary thing is, he believes in the rubbish he writes and also thinks it's an intelligent bulletproof statement to put out..

Somebody out there.. please save our club..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 152
KingstonMariner
May 7, 2018, 12:06am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Someone must have cloth ears, because the exile package has been suggested before as has the shift workers' ST.

There's one thing to add to what Rich, Cloudy and others have said. I don't now about anyone else but I don't love this football club for the ups and the downs. I don't think 'oh goodie, we're on a downward run because of inept management from the board down.'

If he wanted to make a statement reflecting on the end to the season and to look to the next, he should simply have stuck to a statement noting the (relative) success since MJ came, thanking the squad and management, and thanking the fans for their support which helped push the team over the line. Job done. But John Fenty can't do that can he? He has to try to justify himself and defend the indefensible.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 152
Zmariner
May 7, 2018, 12:21am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,115
Gold Stars: 44
JF says when somebody with the level of cash required is ready to step in , this is ok. As for Slade he did seem a safe pair of hands, I put £20 on us to win the league so I was taken in by the idiot Slade. only half way through this season did i realize that I had not seen such rotten home games since he was last in charge, so stick or twist with Slade, the numpty was plausible but 5 years past his sell by date, So here we are JF and the board have made a lot of mistakes I agree, Appointing Neil woods was the killer for me as that guy was hopeless. .Until this mystery takeover appears I am happy to go as we are. If any of the out brigade are prepared to step in then I will be a supporter but in all of these threads I never see a tangible alternative but plenty of noise, this is my point of view and I know I will get slaughtered for it utm
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 152
ginnywings
May 7, 2018, 12:57am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
What have we learned from that?

1) The board is going nowhere and take no responsibility for yet another appalling, error strewn season, on and off the pitch. The latest in a very long, and tiresome, line of bad seasons.

2) Statements are not proof read. "Wheeled the axe" ?

3) It could have been a lot worse. We could have been as sh1t as some other sh1ttier clubs that are more in the sh1t than we are.

4) We can't all be Lincoln or Bristol Rovers. Only other clubs know how to get it right first time and build on a success.

5) JF has skin as thick as a Rhino.

6) I will not be purchasing a season ticket.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 152
16 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › John Fenty: "A Message To Our Supporters"

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.