Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › John Fenty: "A Message To Our Supporters"
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 10 Guests

John Fenty: "A Message To Our Supporters"

This thread currently has 24,251 views. Print
16 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
easypeersy
May 7, 2018, 7:21am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +7 / -5
Approval: +301
Gold Stars: 11
No mention of new ground in that statement
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 152
dapperz fun pub
May 7, 2018, 7:37am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,685
Gold Stars: 81
Quoted from easypeersy
No mention of new ground in that statement

That’s cos it will never happen
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 152
Mendonca1995
May 7, 2018, 7:43am
Super Clive mendonca how much would he cost now
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.21
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +903
Gold Stars: 15
Following the statement it’s now up to you and the board john to show some real intent for next season and get James Mckeown signed on don’t make the same mistake as Shaun p last season,Both are Grimsby town through and through and that’s the kind of player the club needs for the fans especially,The bond between the players and fans is very much needed and has slowly come back over the last ten games or so and we need to keep that going as we have shown how successful we can be as a team on the pitch with performances of 2nd place in the form table,It’s now time to back jolley put your hand in your pocket and actually buy some quality players keep our best players with hardly no freebies or loan players, Quality players that’s what is gonna sell season tickets and put bums on seats at this club !!!! A couple of strikers is a must maybe goalscorers from lower league with fire in their bellies ie Hearn Bogle I’m sure jolley knows who he wants so now it’s the boards turn to show the fans they also mean business for next season UTM ALL TOWN ARENT WE ⚫️⚪️

ALL TOWN AREN'T WE ⚫️⚪️
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 152
TheRealJohnLewis
May 7, 2018, 8:06am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +13 / -8
Approval: +2,308
Gold Stars: 39
Quoted from lukeo
I know many on here have it in for John but come on, he can't win whatever he does... Now I want a new fresh approach and would love someone to take over the club and John to step aside, but there is no one. What can he do? He's openly said 100 times if the right person(s) comes forward he will step aside, until then he's going to put money in if and when needed. I think the statement is OK. Not great, OK. He's saying he and the club are looking at ways to get the fans more involved and closer together. Isn't that what we want? Only time will tell but these past few weeks it feels like that bond and closeness is getting better, just a small example of trust holders getting 5% off St is a nice touch.

The problem with your argument is that it's Fenty who is choosing the right person(s), and his character judgment is non-existent!
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 152
carrot top
May 7, 2018, 8:16am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +22 / -1
Approval: +811
Gold Stars: 2
Totally unnecessary statement filled with excuses. He has capped the season off in true JF style with his antics after the game and now this statement, which really means 'poor me'. Is there any wonder many fans are unhappy with this constant drivel
He just cannot help himself

[color=black]The Ecky 1977
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 152
buckstown
May 7, 2018, 8:24am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +16 / -6
Approval: +5,111
Gold Stars: 77
Still don't quite understand why he had to go on the pitch after the game to give MJ a contractual update, unless I missed something.
However, you sometimes have to read between the lines and when someone says I made this decision "rightly or wrongly" what they're saying is I got it wrong. It's a politicians apology. I also thing he's correct in saying it would be irresponsible to walk away without replacement leadership and financial support in place.
Someone on here said he needs a mentor to sit beside him and get him to consider the consequences of his actions. "John, why are you heading to the pitch? What might happen given your standing with our supporters? What positive things might happen as a result? Why not let MJ and the boys take their 5 minutes of glory? Good man John, sit back down, have a beer and thank your lucky stars you got something right two months ago"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 152
Biccys
May 7, 2018, 8:28am
Posts Per Day: 2.05
Rep Score: +55 / -22
Approval: +1,226
Gold Stars: 27
I just wish somebody would proof read the statements he puts out. It's so unprofessional to release things with basic grammatical errors all over it, it is awful. Also, it reads exactly how he speaks. He can't claim guys account has been hacked! I heard he is a bit dyslexic so even more reason to have things checked before hitting send. I guess that's just his arrogance shining through once again.
He's gotta go. Soon.

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 36 - 152
dapperz fun pub
May 7, 2018, 8:37am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,685
Gold Stars: 81
Quoted from Biccys
I just wish somebody would proof read the statements he puts out. It's so unprofessional to release things with basic grammatical errors all over it, it is awful. Also, it reads exactly how he speaks. He can't claim guys account has been hacked! I heard he is a bit dyslexic so even more reason to have things checked before hitting send. I guess that's just his arrogance shining through once again.
He's gotta go. Soon.

By the look of it he isn’t going anywhere soon but a good starting point would be being open about what he actually wants to go. When that’s been put to him he flirts around football fortune etc etc
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 152
Grim74
May 7, 2018, 9:09am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +16 / -13
Approval: -1,909
Gold Stars: 1
Shock, horror club owner engage’s with the fans! A very reasonable statement in my opinion he made some valid points, he summed up the season well and was positive about next season, some fans and a proven  small minority (most of which must be on this site) will never get off his back its called a Fenty syndrome, aided and abetted by the planks at Cod all Mighty, if we were to win the league next season Fenty would still be in the wrong, it’s like watching CNN!

Thank you for the statement John, I know a lot of fans are already optimistic about next season, only yesterday I spoke to a couple who said they would be buying season tickets for the very first time, My only minor criticism is as a shift worker a season ticket wouldn’t be worthwhile for me and my family so maybe this could be looked at, as there are many more in the same boat.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 152
RoboCod
May 7, 2018, 9:19am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
it’s like watching CNN!  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 152
16 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › John Fenty: "A Message To Our Supporters"

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.