Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › John Fenty: "A Message To Our Supporters"
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 4 Guests

John Fenty: "A Message To Our Supporters"

This thread currently has 24,254 views. Print
16 Pages Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
ginnywings
May 7, 2018, 8:28pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.06
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,952
Gold Stars: 531
Quoted from rancido

I'm not questioning JF's ability or any success ( ? ) during his tenure. What I am questioning is the constant jibing and ridicule of any poster who doesn't buy into the anti-Fenty attitude. We are all entitled to our opinions regardless of what they are. As a point of interest I think JF has done so many things wrong but I will also defend those who don't see things the same way.

Jibing and ridicule where? Some people have one opinion, some another. Isn't that what forums are about?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 120 - 152
Mrs Doyle
May 7, 2018, 8:42pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Well, now the feel-good factor has been diluted again lets put this to bed but how many times do we keep doing that?

Until the next time John think once, think twice and just keep quiet.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 121 - 152
Mallyner
May 7, 2018, 9:07pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +2,507
Gold Stars: 22
Quoted from TheRealJohnLewis

JF confronted the fans not the other way round, therefore does that make him the ham shanker?

Fair enough but I don't see how he would confront a fan unless he was goaded badly.  

Supporting Town for 65 years.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 122 - 152
arryarryarry
May 7, 2018, 9:14pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,925
Gold Stars: 112
Quoted from HertsGTFC
Though I think that JF's balls up's have outweighed his triumphs with the appointment of MJ and the impact he has had both on and off the pitch maybe just maybe it's time to park the clamor for a new board and see what happens next season.

We called for fresh energy and have it now in a manager that knows his sh1t and is keen to pull everyone together so that we can achieve our objective - success on the pitch.

I'd like to see the gang of 4 move on as long as the club was left ins safe hands but unlike some it's not the main GTFC topic that occupies my mind at the moment. The MJ revolution has got me thinking though.

if the "Fenty Out" campaign leads to losing MJ  by him getting spooked due to all the off the pitch stuff I think that will be it for me.

Remember the manger says he needs everyone together. We might and rightly so IMHO criticize the board for not backing managers but maybe it's our turn now to give a manager what he needs?

Has any manager ever left a club because the fans are against the (non) chairman?
Private Message
Reply: 123 - 152
Mallyner
May 7, 2018, 9:17pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +2,507
Gold Stars: 22
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I don't hate him. Why does it have to be 'love' or 'hate'?

He's a GTFC fan, so am I. I respect the finance that he has put into the club but don't like the financial position it has put us in. I respect the fact that he has more right than anyone else to have his say but I don't like how he goes about it. I also respect the fact that many people have a different opinion about him than I do.

It might not be hate from you but it is definitely hatred from some posters. I have only spoken with John twice, once when I had a rare visit for fish and chips before the game and he came to talk to our table and once when ,I spoke at a planning meeting, for a development he was for and the barstard won. However compared with dreadful men such as Furneaux and Huxford, who mates have worked for and you wouldn't believe their stories, I find him a reasonable man.  

Supporting Town for 65 years.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 124 - 152
hampshiremariner
May 7, 2018, 9:27pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +1,006
Gold Stars: 35
He can't even spell!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 125 - 152
HertsGTFC
May 7, 2018, 9:38pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,555
Gold Stars: 217
Quoted from arryarryarry

Has any manager ever left a club because the fans are against the (non) chairman?

Not sure TBH, but I’m sure that some have left clubs when they felt that whatever they tried they can’t pull key stake holders together.

Maybe not quoting him verbatim but the manager has asked for everyone to pull together, looking at the great start he has had why would we not do this?

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 126 - 152
KingstonMariner
May 7, 2018, 9:58pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.13
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Not sure TBH, but I’m sure that some have left clubs when they felt that whatever they tried they can’t pull key stake holders together.

Maybe not quoting him verbatim but the manager has asked for everyone to pull together, looking at the great start he has had why would we not do this?

I'd argue, if there is a risk it's in the long term interest of the club. It's a big IF though. MJ made that appeal but it's early days in his relationship with Fenty. To my mind the bigger risk is when MJ has weighed things up properly he's more likely to urine off with him in charge.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 127 - 152
KingstonMariner
May 7, 2018, 9:58pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.13
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Mallyner

Fair enough but I don't see how he would confront a fan unless he was goaded badly.  

Did you not read what Civvy wrote on Saturday?

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 128 - 152
RichMariner
May 7, 2018, 10:25pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,108
Gold Stars: 204
I notice that he's turned down an interview with Radio Humberside.

Now there was a chance to answer some questions once and for all in a two-way dialogue but, as we know, Fenty only does one-way dialogue.

Funny how he'll say what he wants to say when he's in control but can't stretch to the trouble of answering a few probing questions from local journalists so that more fans can't hear what he's thinking.

He's a control freak.

And another thing - if he wants his £2m 'benign' loans back then I'm classing all the money I've put into the club since 2001 as a benign loan and now I want it back.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 129 - 152
16 Pages Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › John Fenty: "A Message To Our Supporters"

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.