Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › John Fenty: "A Message To Our Supporters"
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 7 Guests

John Fenty: "A Message To Our Supporters"

This thread currently has 24,263 views. Print
16 Pages Prev ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
KingstonMariner
May 7, 2018, 10:47pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.13
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Did you not read what Civvy wrote on Saturday?

Fentinistas must be in. Red crossing a question. What are they scared of?

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 130 - 152
arryarryarry
May 8, 2018, 3:49am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,925
Gold Stars: 112
Quoted from Cambs Mariner
I am definitely not a Fenty fan but I am also not against people who are. We all have our differing opinion of him. It is over  the last 18 months that I have found his decisions very questionable to say the least. I shall never understand why he re-appointed Russell Slade, after he announced he was leaving on the eve of a play off final in 2006 and the 3 sackings he got before he joined GTFC. The last season has been the worst I can remember in board/ fan relations and I have been a fan since 1969. Even the ones who are in favour of him must agree that some of his decisions and comments have been strange to say the least.
If he really wants out, as he has said he does, then why doesn't he put the club up for sale and put a figure on the amount he wants and the assurances he wants before he will sell the club.
He has really aged over the 12 months and mentally he seems drained. He has developed a Bunker mentality and until the club is sold he needs to take a step back and let other people look after the club.
He needs to take a holiday and contemplate whether he can take the club forward because in his present state of mind I don't think he can

Only the past 18 months, blimey.
Private Message
Reply: 131 - 152
arryarryarry
May 8, 2018, 3:52am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,925
Gold Stars: 112
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Not sure TBH, but I’m sure that some have left clubs when they felt that whatever they tried they can’t pull key stake holders together.

Maybe not quoting him verbatim but the manager has asked for everyone to pull together, looking at the great start he has had why would we not do this?

Was that before JF's statement?

Perhaps he needs a quiet word with his boss and suggest he keeps a low profile for the next few months.
Private Message
Reply: 132 - 152
Mrs Doyle
May 8, 2018, 4:20am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Quoted from Mallyner

It might not be hate from you but it is definitely hatred from some posters. I have only spoken with John twice, once when I had a rare visit for fish and chips before the game and he came to talk to our table and once when ,I spoke at a planning meeting, for a development he was for and the barstard won. However compared with dreadful meouldn such as Furneaux and Huxford, who mates have worked for and you wouldn't believe their stories, I find him a reasonable man.  

Furneaux would not even give you the time of day he spoke posh and could not even remember the player's names. he started our downfall with the ITV fiasco borrowing loads of money he did not have.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 133 - 152
rancido
May 8, 2018, 6:59am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,410
Gold Stars: 91
Quoted from ginnywings

Jibing and ridicule where? Some people have one opinion, some another. Isn't that what forums are about?

I think you will find calling somebody a " bottom licker " is classed as ridicule, especially when it is applied to an opinion. Also calling people " Happy clappers " is a jibe. You can disagree with a persons point of view without using these kind of expressions.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 134 - 152
golfer
May 8, 2018, 1:39pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.31
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,358
Gold Stars: 111
Quoted from Mallyner

Fair enough but I don't see how he would confront a fan unless he was goaded badly.  

As Brown would say  "fking bigots"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 135 - 152
realist
May 8, 2018, 3:59pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +5 / -18
Approval: -2,665
Gold Stars: 40
Quoted from rancido

I think you will find calling somebody a " bottom licker " is classed as ridicule, especially when it is applied to an opinion. Also calling people " Happy clappers " is a jibe. You can disagree with a persons point of view without using these kind of expressions.

Why? You posts are rediculous as Corbyn and co and deserve these kind of responses

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 136 - 152
jock dock tower
May 8, 2018, 4:09pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.38
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
Note to Mr Jolley. It all makes the financial trading in the city, handling £millions of stocks, shares and funds seem like child's play. Welcome to the wonderful, wacky, somewhat irreverant world of the Fishy!

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 137 - 152
rancido
May 8, 2018, 7:11pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,410
Gold Stars: 91
Quoted from realist

Why? You posts are rediculous as Corbyn and co and deserve these kind of responses

I assume you meant to say "your posts are as ridiculous as Corbyn and Co" and that's the kind of response your post deserves!

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 138 - 152
Caesar
May 8, 2018, 9:12pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +1,794
Have waited a couple of days to collect my thoughts on everything that has happened since 4:45 on Saturday, but ultimately as one of the fans who engaged with John Fenty after the FGR match I kind of want to put down my thoughts.

Firstly I regret that I was rather boozed up and emotional and didn’t put across all my thoughts in a clear and more concise way. It was after the first angry confrontations that appeared on youtube, after a little while my mate wanted to give credit where its due and say well done for appointing Jolley, whatever else has gone on you got that right. I got the opportunity to say please oppose B-teams.

At first he just sought to reassure me they were not the thin end of the wedge as only eight teams would need to oppose them for them not to be allowed into the league (the fact that later on in his argument pointed out that whatever they say, only four teams actually opposed the b-teams kind of undermined that point but alas at the time I wasn’t bright enough to point that out). Once I pointed out that I object to b-teams in principle in any trophy he said he couldn’t convince me but essentially that they were faced with scrapping the trophy or having B-teams, and as a club who has made a couple of million from previous runs in the competition he could not as custodian of the club pass up the chance for the club to potentially earn a load of money from such a run. He pointed out that trophy games have always been lowly attended early on. He did eventually concede the point that we as fans have boycotted it extensively but seemed to think we were almost unique in that.

I wound up the conversation, fearful of keeping the people who took me to the game in Nailsworth for far longer than anyone has ever wanted to be in Nailsworth. To be fair to Fenty he was still willing to talk or at least put his views across to me.

What did I learn from this? 1) John Fenty is very angry at the way he feels he has been treated. 2) He is very angry at his side of the story not being the one repeated. 3) Don’t try to argue nuanced points when drunk, emotionally exhausted and having stood in baking heat for 90 minutes.

I personally don’t think John Fenty will change and I think we need change, I think we need someone who understands that a community club isn’t a buzzword to be thrown about but is a club that recognises fans are an integral part of the club and need to be listened to regularly. However until such a time as change comes I hope John Fenty will understand this and would encourage fans to try and convince him to change, by respectfully putting our views across. It might not work, but until we are successful in removing him as majority shareholder we have to keep giving it a go, and it is a whole lot better and more likely to get results than just shouting at him.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 139 - 152
16 Pages Prev ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › John Fenty: "A Message To Our Supporters"

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.