Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Jeremy Corbyn
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 145 Guests

Jeremy Corbyn

This thread currently has 46,540 views. Print
34 Pages Prev ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Maringer
September 20, 2015, 12:19am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,546
Gold Stars: 185
Quoted from Marinerz93

The spiral of homelessness and reliance on food banks didn't start the day the Coalition/Tories came to power, it started well before then and the Torries have shamefully just kept increasing it every year.

Well, yeah, but the Coalition/Tories have increased use of food banks 20-fold since they got into power. I realise there has been an extension in food bank provision which will have led to an increase in numbers to some degree, but then this has only been possible and necessary due to the excrement which has been heaped on the poorest in society. Something which is now getting worse due to the latest round of cuts.

Don't get me wrong, I'm no great fan of the last 'New' Labour government who wasted their mandate (Blair especially) to improve things a good deal but, compared to the Tories, they are practically saints.

Let's see where we are in 12 months time. It think it is quite probable that the latest round of cuts will lead to some really catastrophic problems in our society. The Tories surely won't be able to successfully blame the previous government for that, despite whatever their friends in the media say?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 130 - 334
Marinerz93
September 20, 2015, 9:33am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Maringer

Don't get me wrong, I'm no great fan of the last 'New' Labour government who wasted their mandate (Blair especially) to improve things a good deal but, compared to the Tories, they are practically saints.

Let's see where we are in 12 months time. It think it is quite probable that the latest round of cuts will lead to some really catastrophic problems in our society. The Tories surely won't be able to successfully blame the previous government for that, despite whatever their friends in the media say?

Whilst we have common ground on food banks and homelessness on how they shame the government have you seen 10 of Corbyns Polices in the telewag

http://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.....33-detail/story.html

1. Renationalisation of the railways - That'll be a YES from me, not sure how this will work or how much it will cost.

2. Scrapping nuclear weapons - Reduce yes but not scrap, so NO for me.

3. Talking to terrorist groups - Terrorist always state what they want, the only reason to talk is if there is common ground that will stop the violence. otherwise it means giving in, so NO.

4. Scrapping tuition fees - YES

5. Taxing the rich - YES but lets also go after dividends which is also a loop hole for people to pay themselves the minimum wage to pay less tax then pocket vast amounts of money without paying tax.

6. Not bombing Syria - You mean he wants ISIS to gain over all control of Syria thus creating the most extreme Islamic state which will then train even more fanatics to spread to other countries.  I disagree so NO, tactical bombing will be necessary as ISIS gains more control of Syria.

7. Cutting less and spending more - YES, especially in infrastructure and housing.

8. Capping rent levels - YES

9. Allowing Immigration - Need some clarification on this one, I want a points based system like Australia / Canada, so NOT SURE.

10. Getting rid of the Royal family - Hangers on Yes, the Queen No. NOT SURE, so need clarification.

How I scored

Yes - 5
No - 3
Not sure - 2

The sticking points for me as you can see are (2) Scrapping nuclear weapons, (3) Talking to terrorists, (6) Bombing of Syria.  Also his stance on Ireland.  Open to debate the NO's if there is meat to the bones so to speak but the sticking points for me are reason enough to never vote Labour whilst he is in charge.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 131 - 334
Rodley Mariner
September 20, 2015, 9:43am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 177
Quoted from Marinerz93

6. Not bombing Syria - You mean he wants ISIS to gain over all control of Syria thus creating the most extreme Islamic state which will then train even more fanatics to spread to other countries.  I disagree so NO, tactical bombing will be necessary as ISIS gains more control of Syria.

Yes that is clearly what he wants if he doesn't want to bomb Syria. You've posted some proper shite in this thread.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 132 - 334
Marinerz93
September 20, 2015, 11:07am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Quoted from Rodley Mariner

Yes that is clearly what he wants if he doesn't want to bomb Syria. You've posted some proper shite in this thread.

Thank you for your civil response, what a lovely human being you are, could you break down the shite for me so that I may learn from your superior knowledge and understanding of how the world works.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 133 - 334
Grim74
September 20, 2015, 11:24am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +16 / -13
Approval: -1,909
Quoted from Maringer

Come on then. Here's a challenge. If somebody is telling porky pies about over 1,000,000 people being fed by food banks during 2014/2015, I'm sure you'll be able to provide evidence that information is entirely untrue. Also, please, no nonsense claims that "It was free food so people took it" which seems to be the favourite (easily disproved) myth used by right-wing naysayers.

When the 'benefit cap' is implemented and the working tax credits are slashed, I can't see any way that this number won't balloon in size. If over 1 million needed to use a food bank last year, what will happen when some earners as the lower end of the income scale lose hundreds or even thousands of pounds due to loss of tax credits?

Ive had this debate with you before do you not take anything on board do you hate veing wrong, but just to recap -
The whole food system is supply led, not demand led, the more food they get donated the more they will have to give away, blaming benefit cuts is a lie.
The 1000000 figure you quote is typical Guardian falsifying, 1000000 is the number of requests for food rather than individual recipients like YOU make out.
Some facts for you to chew on -
https://fullfact.org/factcheck/economy/food_bank_number-40853

Just remember these food banks came in under the labour goverment as a supplement to the welfare benefit, not as a result of welfare cuts, now as a result the poverty industry are churning them out faster then pound land shops, so by blaming the goverment for increased numbers really does make you look a foolish, do you really think the food bank fashion would come to a sudden halt under your beloved labour party come on get real.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 134 - 334
grimsby pete
September 20, 2015, 11:24am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,800
Gold Stars: 222
Having visited many countries in my lifetime ,

I am proud to say I am British,

I am even more proud to say I am English,

More than that I am even more proud to say I come from Grimsby.

When you see how some people have to live abroad England / Britain is the best place to live,

There is poverty every where in the world,

You just have to go just outside Las Vegas with all its money to see people living in broken down shacks,

Communist counties like Bulgaria and the old Yugoslavia most people had nothing,

Things are changing now and every body wants what we have,

So I do not think we should be calling the way we live most people in the world would love to live here,

As far as Corbyn goes I like his honesty but not all he believes in or what he would like to do,

I do not see him ever becoming prime minister,

BUT

He has certainly started people talking about politics a lot

Finally I am proud I have a flag pole in my garden flying the St George flag,

I just wish I could get one with GRIMSBY TOWN CHAMPIONS on it to fly.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 135 - 334
Rodley Mariner
September 20, 2015, 11:29am
Special Brew Drinker
The bit where you state not wanting to bomb Syria means Corbyn wants a ISIS controlled Syria. That was the shite that caught my eye. You talk about people chucking around accusations of nationalism and xenophobia but what do you expect when you clearly believe you can class people entirely along national lines with drivel like 'Poles are like us' and 'you try living with people from X, Y and Z'.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 136 - 334
Grim74
September 20, 2015, 11:32am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +16 / -13
Approval: -1,909
How is nonsense anyway to suggest by offering free food people will take it??? Makes perfectsense to me, if I open a pub with free beer I'm sure there would be a very long que outside the door and most of them wouldn't be genuinely in need of a free alcohol.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 137 - 334
barralad
September 20, 2015, 11:41am
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
I havent contributed to this thread. I didnt vote for Corbyn but the furore over the national dirge and now his refusal to accept a freebie to the rugby on Friday because horror of horrors he was holding a surgery for the people who elected him (whatever next!!) is beyond hysterical.
As for talking to terrorists the only example of conflict being solved byy brute force I can remember in the last 40 years or so was the Sri Lankan government's "victory" over the Tamil Tigers. The decision to get the Republicans and the Unionists round the table was for me one of the great diplomatic moves of the last 50 years and was a very brave decision by the leaders involved. The peace agreement wasnt universally welcomed and anyone familiar with the Irish history of the 1920s and the fate of Michael Collins will know what risks Adams et al took.
I was reading elswhere about Corbyn's attitude to the Falklands. For me it's a moot point but thanks to the cuts made by this Government I'd seriously question our capability to launch another task force should it go pear shaped...

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 138 - 334
Rodley Mariner
September 20, 2015, 11:42am
Special Brew Drinker
Now M93 can tell us what the 'Argies' are like.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 139 - 334
34 Pages Prev ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Jeremy Corbyn

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.