Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Jeremy Corbyn
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 261 Guests

Jeremy Corbyn

This thread currently has 46,531 views. Print
34 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Marinerz93
September 18, 2015, 11:06pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from mariner91

There are many reasons the UK is in the state it's in but less national pride is not it. Can you actually put a reason forward for that bold claim?

I would bet nearly anything I own that there is no civil war in England within the next 10 years. What absolute rubbish. There wasn't a civil war in England previously during the Troubles and there won't be now should Northern Ireland descend in to violence again.

It is not hypocritical to not sing the national anthem, he's an atheist. Or do you also expect him to be going to Anglican church services each Sunday as that is the official religion of this country? Tub-thumping sensationalism over a very small, insignificant matter.

National pride, how is St Georges day celebrated, leading comes from the top, if the top doesn't care why should anyone else, politicians for too long have been out for themselves and now it has rubbed off on everyone else.

IF Corbyn got his dream, to unite Ireland it would be against the wishes of a large number of Protestants.  This would lead to a civil war in Northern Ireland. The trouble in Scotland through sectarianism in the past has been kept from mainstream media.  You may not have full civil war in England but you will have areas of the UK descend into violence and we'll see bombings and terrorists carrying out attacks like before, people have short memories.

There were during the 90's IRA cells and sympathisers operating all over the UK.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 100 - 334
mariner91
September 18, 2015, 11:11pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,652
Gold Stars: 261
Quoted from Marinerz93

National pride, how is St Georges day celebrated, leading comes from the top, if the top doesn't care why should anyone else, politicians for too long have been out for themselves and now it has rubbed off on everyone else.

IF Corbyn got his dream, to unite Ireland it would be against the wishes of a large number of Protestants.  This would lead to a civil war in Northern Ireland. The trouble in Scotland through sectarianism in the past has been kept from mainstream media.  You may not have full civil war in England but you will have areas of the UK descend into violence and we'll see bombings and terrorists carrying out attacks like before, people have short memories.

There were during the 90's IRA cells and sympathisers operating all over the UK.

Areas like Liverpool perhaps but you claimed that sectarianism is "prevalent" which is just not the case at all.

Who cares how St George's day is celebrated really? I couldn't give a monkey's. And if this means I don't have "national pride" then so be it but it certainly doesn't mean I contribute to the country any less. If anything, I'd say I contribute more than your average bloke who drapes a St George's flag around his body.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 101 - 334
ska face
September 18, 2015, 11:14pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,662
Gold Stars: 847
Quoted from Marinerz93

Who gives a excrement? 1 million people begging for food, thousands homeless, whilst a woman in a diamond hat rides about in a solid-gold carriage at the tax payers' expense.

intercourse all to be proud about there, unless you've had a significant part of your brain removed.
Private Message
Reply: 102 - 334
Marinerz93
September 18, 2015, 11:19pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from ska face

Aren't you a grown man? As in a fully functioning adult? And you honestly hold that view?

God help us.

flipping national pride indeed.

Thank you for your insightful response and I guess it comes down to personal pride too.  They also say that Pride goes / comes before a fall.

Are people genuinely not proud to be

Grimbarian
English
British

I have reasons to be proud of all of these.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 103 - 334
mariner91
September 18, 2015, 11:22pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,652
Gold Stars: 261
Quoted from Marinerz93

Thank you for your insightful response and I guess it comes down to personal pride too.  They also say that Pride goes / comes before a fall.

Are people genuinely not proud to be

Grimbarian
English
British

I have reasons to be proud of all of these.

What does being proud contribute to the country? Conversely, how does a lack of pride make things worse? It doesn't. You haven't given a single reason why "national pride" is something that positively affects the country.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 104 - 334
Marinerz93

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from ska face

Who gives a excrement? 1 million people begging for food, thousands homeless, whilst a woman in a diamond hat rides about in a solid-gold carriage at the tax payers' expense.

intercourse all to be proud about there, unless you've had a significant part of your brain removed.

1 Million people begging for food?
thousands homeless?
When was the last time you saw a woman riding around in a diamond hat in solid-gold carriage at tax payers expense?

Private Message
Reply: 105 - 334
ska face

Vodka Drinker
I've always been of the opinion that pride should be reserved for personal achievement.

I don't class being fortunate to fall out of my mother in a specific country as much of an achievement. Clearly you do, good for you. God save Elizabeth Von Saxe-Coburg Gotha.
Private Message
Reply: 106 - 334
ska face
September 18, 2015, 11:28pm

Vodka Drinker
Do keep up at the back -

Quoted from Marinerz93

1 Million people begging for food?

http://www.trusselltrust.org/r.....tops-one-million.pdf

Quoted Text
thousands homeless?

http://www.homeless.org.uk/facts/homelessness-in-numbers/statutory-homelessness

(not counting those rough sleeping...)

Quoted Text
When was the last time you saw a woman riding around in a diamond hat in solid-gold carriage at tax payers expense?

[img]http://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/976x549_b/p00tbpk1.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/multimedia/archive/00411/127564306__411349c.jpg[/img]
Private Message
Reply: 107 - 334
ginnywings
September 18, 2015, 11:36pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,132
Gold Stars: 548
It's not Jeremy Corbyn anymore, it's left wing Jeremy Corbyn or extreme left wing Jeremy Corbyn, as if being left wing is some kind of curse. I've not once heard anyone refer to Cameron as pasty faced right wing David Cameron.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 108 - 334
Marinerz93
September 18, 2015, 11:41pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from mariner91

Areas like Liverpool perhaps but you claimed that sectarianism is "prevalent" which is just not the case at all.

Who cares how St George's day is celebrated really? I couldn't give a monkey's. And if this means I don't have "national pride" then so be it but it certainly doesn't mean I contribute to the country any less. If anything, I'd say I contribute more than your average bloke who drapes a St George's flag around his body.

You forget the Bombings in a variety of London locations, also Birmingham, Aldershot, M62, Coventry, Bristol, Caterham, Brighton, Deal, Shrewsbury, Warrington, Manchester, Reading. which as you can see is further afield than that there Liverpool.

I'd say I contribute more than your average bloke who drapes a St George's flag around his body.

You have no national pride, and have no shame about it but yet feel the need to comment, sense of guilt maybe?

Private Message
Reply: 109 - 334
34 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Jeremy Corbyn

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.