Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Jeremy Corbyn
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 67 Guests

Jeremy Corbyn

This thread currently has 46,536 views. Print
34 Pages Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Maringer
September 19, 2015, 6:17pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,542
Gold Stars: 185
Quoted from Grim74

You must be quite gullible to take in the food bank nonsense, but the stats on the homeless goes to show what a fool Corbyrn is by demanding the government take in the migrants yes migrants that are currently infesting Europe.

Come on then. Here's a challenge. If somebody is telling porky pies about over 1,000,000 people being fed by food banks during 2014/2015, I'm sure you'll be able to provide evidence that information is entirely untrue. Also, please, no nonsense claims that "It was free food so people took it" which seems to be the favourite (easily disproved) myth used by right-wing naysayers.

When the 'benefit cap' is implemented and the working tax credits are slashed, I can't see any way that this number won't balloon in size. If over 1 million needed to use a food bank last year, what will happen when some earners as the lower end of the income scale lose hundreds or even thousands of pounds due to loss of tax credits?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 120 - 334
mariner91
September 19, 2015, 6:46pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,658
Gold Stars: 262
Quoted from Marinerz93

Far right groups have always been on the periphery of most European countries for decades they are not new.  They have more media exposure than before and I don't see any skin heads walking around like they did on daily basis when I was growing up, EDL and other far right groups march every now and then which the police manage very well.  What is new though is Islamic terrorists and fanatics wanting to kill and injure innocent people just because they don't believe in their version of God.  Acts of violence is usually met by acts of violence yet you single out the EDL. The National Front has been around for decades, why did the EDL come into existence? Have a look at what is happening in Sweden with their open door policy.

[youtube]193lxzrJV8U[/youtube]

People like you have a problem with not understanding where people come from and their values, this is why there is a lack of national pride.  People from other countries do not hold a lot of the values we do.  It's not just Muslim countries were women, children and animals get a rough deal. People from Romania, Bulgaria, and other European eastern countries that are settling in the UK aren't integrating and are bringing their way of life with them, problems such as human trafficking, stealing from clothes banks on business scale and horrendous treatment of animals.

If you are proud to be English, British and show it, you get people like yourself calling those people either xenophobic or racist.  I've worked and lived in more than a handful of countries around the world and national pride isn't as frowned upon in those countries as it is here.  

The irony of this post is just ridiculous. You're claiming not to be xenophobic then post that which is clearly xenophobic. The percentage of Muslims in this country who participate in terror acts is so incredibly low. Yes there are problems of integration in some areas of the countries and with some ethnic groups. But it is far from universal and the vast majority come here and integrate just fine. I live in one of the most ethnically diverse areas of the country and haven't had a single problem and I've been here well over a year. I live with a buddhist, a hindu and a Polish lad and we get on just fine. I don't think you can judge someone's values by their nationality or race but if you want to live a simplistic life, or perhaps you need to live one,  where you pigeon hole people then go for it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 121 - 334
Maringer
September 19, 2015, 6:53pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Grim74

Nick Cohen? Oh, please.

You're quoting an article from The Spectator, a magazine which couldn't be more part of the Tory establishment if it tried. As for Cohen, he's been writing screeds against the 'left' for a decade (lots of plugs for his book in that article), he's about as anti-Corbyn as you can get, being a cheerleader for the Iraq War, an outspoken critic of "Stop the War" and a big fan of Israeli policy in general, from what I can tell. A strange combination of somebody who holds many left-wing social views but spends his time railing against 'the left' because most of his politics appear to be right-wing.

During the leadership campaign Cohen wrote an article in the Guardian criticising all the other candidates for not running a better campaign than Corbyn which quickly descended into the usual bullshite about Corbyn's 'extremist' views which of course misrepresented all the facts. Pretty much a watered down version of the Spectator article, actually, claiming that all Corbyn stands for is an extreme left of the party taking an "us versus them" attitude which is utterly ridiculous when you consider how many attacks Corbyn has faced from both the Blairites as well as supposed moderates. Cohen's article simply ignores the enormous number of attacks which have come Corbyn's way from the Blairites for months just so he can try to blame the 'far left' for everything which goes wrong.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 122 - 334
Marinerz93
September 19, 2015, 8:49pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from ska face

It pains me to have to explain this to you. Surely you're not that thick?

I'm clearly not saying homelessness is the Queen's fault - I'm merely holding her and her disgusting wealth up as an example of why some people find very little to be proud about at the same time that well over a million people have had to go begging for food. You're the one trying to shove your "national pride" agenda down everyone's throats and follow your daft gang of forelock-tugging, servile lickspittles in bending the knee for this flipping German relic - why? Because everything would be fantastic if people waved flags about and everyone got a day off work for St George? Do me a favour.

The majority of that disgusting wealth isn't hers though is it, she can't sell it off and nob off to that lovely republica you dream of can she, again you have missed the part where a good sum of that disgusting wealth has been given to her/this country by foreign dignitaries over centuries.

The others I can agree with you, don't deserve a bean but the Queen is representing UK interests and she will bring into this country more business than your bitter and twisted republic ever could.

The Queen costs every UK tax payer around 50p  - 60p which roughly equals £35 million.  I give more than 20 times that away in charity every month.

The real villains in all this are tax shifting companies, if the government taxed overseas companies, the revenue generated would vastly overshadow what the Queen gets and would more likely be in the billions, still the Queen is an easy target for a Starbucks drinking, Amazon shopper like yourself.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2287216/Revealed-One-UKs-companies-pay-tax.html

[youtube]83n3X0S_lFE[/youtube]

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 123 - 334
Marinerz93
September 19, 2015, 8:55pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Maringer

Come on then. Here's a challenge. If somebody is telling porky pies about over 1,000,000 people being fed by food banks during 2014/2015, I'm sure you'll be able to provide evidence that information is entirely untrue. Also, please, no nonsense claims that "It was free food so people took it" which seems to be the favourite (easily disproved) myth used by right-wing naysayers.

When the 'benefit cap' is implemented and the working tax credits are slashed, I can't see any way that this number won't balloon in size. If over 1 million needed to use a food bank last year, what will happen when some earners as the lower end of the income scale lose hundreds or even thousands of pounds due to loss of tax credits?

1,000,000 people claiming 3 days food, not a million people claiming food 360 days of the year.  It's a number that has numerous permutations, some will be short term, some long term.  

Food banks shouldn't exist, people shouldn't go hungry and it's a shameful legacy that labour and the conservatives are guilty of not tackling, the same as homelessness.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 124 - 334
Marinerz93
September 19, 2015, 9:18pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from mariner91

The irony of this post is just ridiculous. You're claiming not to be xenophobic then post that which is clearly xenophobic. The percentage of Muslims in this country who participate in terror acts is so incredibly low. Yes there are problems of integration in some areas of the countries and with some ethnic groups. But it is far from universal and the vast majority come here and integrate just fine. I live in one of the most ethnically diverse areas of the country and haven't had a single problem and I've been here well over a year. I live with a buddhist, a hindu and a Polish lad and we get on just fine. I don't think you can judge someone's values by their nationality or race but if you want to live a simplistic life, or perhaps you need to live one,  where you pigeon hole people then go for it.

I clearly attached a video for you to see what the Muslim says at the end to the woman with regards to what law they follow in this country. It wasn't a small protest and Muslims have marched more in this country than EDL / National Front.  I also listed problems that are inherent with people coming from Eastern Europe but you may have missed that because you saw your shining moment to claim Islamaphobia / xenophobia. You haven't answered my point about Sweden, did you get buffer face ignoring it?

There is a vast difference between living with a mix of people than living in their country like I have.  I have lived and worked in several European countries, also Canada, Oman, and Saudi Arabia.  I'll take my actual working and living in these countries than your one house experience.

As a side note to your house experience I have found Buddhists and Hindus generally very peaceful people, the Poles I have found are a bit like us. Is that Xenophobic? I'd like for you to go and live with Romanians, Bulgarians, and people who originate from the middle east and let me know how you get on, it would certainly be interesting to hear your views then.

Private Message
Reply: 125 - 334
Maringer
September 19, 2015, 9:42pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Marinerz93

1,000,000 people claiming 3 days food, not a million people claiming food 360 days of the year.  It's a number that has numerous permutations, some will be short term, some long term.  

Food banks shouldn't exist, people shouldn't go hungry and it's a shameful legacy that labour and the conservatives are guilty of not tackling, the same as homelessness.

I never claimed a million people used food banks every day of the year! However, the fact that the number tripled between 2012/13 and 2013/14 (then just a 10% bump last year) is very telling of the state of things for some of the poorest in our society.

You're correct that it is shameful that the 6th wealthiest country in the world should have so many people relying on charity to be fed. However, I'm not quite sure why you're lumping in Labour with the same amount of blame as the Coalition/Tories? Here's the stats:

http://www.trusselltrust.org/stats

26,000 in 2008/09 was bad enough for such a wealthy country, but it has increased 20-fold since 2010 and it's not just coincidence. New Labour had many faults, but they did generally make sure that the poorest in the country weren't struggling too badly. The Tories, on the other hand, have just made even more cuts to tax credits (plus the reduced benefit cap, of course) whilst at the same time changing inheritance tax to give even more money to the children of the wealthy! You really couldn't make it up.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 126 - 334
Maringer
September 19, 2015, 9:46pm
Barley Wine Drinker
As regards the Queen, don't forget the cost of personal protection for the Royal family. The £37 million or so which is the official cost forgets all the policing/bodyguards etc which I've seen some estimates cost at £100 million per year!

Liz isn't doing too badly, though. Even without the Crown estate and stuff she has no control over and can't sell, she's reportedly worth around £200 million. The Duchy of Cornwall which provides Charlieboy with his very generous income is supposedly worth around £750 million so he's not quite on his uppers.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 127 - 334
mariner91
September 19, 2015, 10:00pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,658
Gold Stars: 262
Quoted from Marinerz93

I clearly attached a video for you to see what the Muslim says at the end to the woman with regards to what law they follow in this country. It wasn't a small protest and Muslims have marched more in this country than EDL / National Front.  I also listed problems that are inherent with people coming from Eastern Europe but you may have missed that because you saw your shining moment to claim Islamaphobia / xenophobia. You haven't answered my point about Sweden, did you get buffer face ignoring it?

There is a vast difference between living with a mix of people than living in their country like I have.  I have lived and worked in several European countries, also Canada, Oman, and Saudi Arabia.  I'll take my actual working and living in these countries than your one house experience.

As a side note to your house experience I have found Buddhists and Hindus generally very peaceful people, the Poles I have found are a bit like us. Is that Xenophobic? I'd like for you to go and live with Romanians, Bulgarians, and people who originate from the middle east and let me know how you get on, it would certainly be interesting to hear your views then.

It's a completely different situation moving to another country than having them move here. You can't claim they don't integrate from your experiences abroad, it's not the same thing. I work with a Romanian girl, she's lovely. She certainly doesn't indulge in any of the behaviour you've suggested but who doesn't love a bigoted sweeping statement? I've also had a friend of my flatmates in the flat tonight who is Muslim but I suppose he was just plotting his Jihadist attacks against us. Equally, perhaps I should be ashamed and have my passport revoked because the meal we ate contained halal chicken.

I didn't answer the point about Sweden because I can't be bothered to go look it up, it's not even relevant to the integration in this country as it's not in this country. It's extremely tiresome and I really can't be bothered to argue with your insular viewpoint, I think it's sad you hold the strong views you do and that you don't judge people on their own individual merit but to each their own.

P.s butterface http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=butter+face Not entirely sure what you were trying to suggest. My face isn't great admittedly but neither is the rest of me.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 128 - 334
Marinerz93
September 19, 2015, 10:05pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Maringer

However, I'm not quite sure why you're lumping in Labour with the same amount of blame as the Coalition/Tories

As regards the Queen, don't forget the cost of personal protection for the Royal family. The £37 million or so which is the official cost forgets all the policing/bodyguards etc which I've seen some estimates cost at £100 million per year!

Liz isn't doing too badly, though. Even without the Crown estate and stuff she has no control over and can't sell, she's reportedly worth around £200 million. The Duchy of Cornwall which provides Charlieboy with his very generous income is supposedly worth around £750 million so he's not quite on his uppers.

Fair points about the protection of Police/body guards/military, although not covered by the Queen  they do come from other budgets which should be taken into account.  Even so, it is still considerably smaller than the billions owed by tax dodging companies.

The spiral of homelessness and reliance on food banks didn't start the day the Coalition/Tories came to power, it started well before then and the Torries have shamefully just kept increasing it every year.

Private Message
Reply: 129 - 334
34 Pages Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Jeremy Corbyn

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.