Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Message from John Fenty
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 17 Guests

Message from John Fenty

This thread currently has 72,680 views. Print
35 Pages Prev ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 Next All Recommend Thread
forza ivano
November 11, 2011, 4:58pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,148
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from Ipswin

Sorry I thought I'd written in English - perhaps the words were a bit big for you.

Fenty's whole outlook appears to rely on 'getting lucky' (according to Rob) before the money runs out

I do not suscribe to waiting for luck at all, in fact its a total typical Fenty 'non-plan' in my opinion.

Unless Fenty or anyone else can put in REAL money (and I mean far in excess of the relatively small sums that Fenty has already chipped in) in order to buy our way out of this situation with good players and a good manager as opposed to journeymen and a pair of 'might bes' then we might as well cut our cloth, play the kids, run BP with 10 staff instead of 50 and quite simply save Fenty wasting more money

sorry for being so thick. i bow and then prostrate myself in the presence of such a higher intellect.

'Also it strikes me that 'getting lucky' is the only way out anyway'

obviously i completely misread this quote of yours............

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 320 - 348
cardiffmariner
November 11, 2011, 6:36pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +1,314
Gold Stars: 24
I never cease to be amazed by how some on here think that cash cash cash is the answer and that we should all be so grateful to JF for providing the club with the cash necessary to succeed!

It is the management of cash that matters and not the amount.

Over the last few years Fenty has made sure that GTFC is now wholly reliant on him and his benign loans.  If you believe what has been put forward in the media recently the club cannot survive without him and his cash.  How is this good for GTFC?  How has GTFC been allowed to arrive at a position of such dependancy?

It is a situation created by JF and the way he has chosen to run the club, which involved him ploughing his money in rather than working to create a club that was better able to to sustain itself.

We are now where we are and whatever you may say about his motives, generosity or intent to do good, he has left GTFC in an incredibly perilous position with both hands tied behind its back and held firmly by JF.

He has gambled with the future of the club and he has lost.  We're a conference side which he, in public, and his brother, on here, have suggested may not survive without his cash after Christmas.  Brilliant. Well done.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 321 - 348
Part Time Mariner
November 11, 2011, 6:40pm

Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +2
I am not having a go at John Fenty or the Board, but they decide on what budget the club will run to each year, they also own/run the club day in day out. Now excuse my ingnorance but do they not get paid by the club/themselves for working for the club either as in a salary or dividend and if so, if you are going knowingly over budget above the profit margin why should this become a loan. John Fenty has put money in where no one else would, but this loan thing troubles me. They over budgeted knowing full well they wouldn't get a return if the droppings hit the fan, they took a gamble and lost. If i over budget my bills i don't loan myself some of my savings to cover a short fall, i think hey hoe i knowingly made a mistake. I willingly put more money in to cover my adult film collection and came up short(if you'll pardon the pun). If John has covered debts and put money to keep the club going, then i understand that as a lone, but puttuing money in over the budget in the hope of good time's, well
* I am not a businessman and therefore have no business acumen, i would also be the first one fired on "The Apprentice" for these reasons. I am looking at this in a way i can relate to and these are my views alone*
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 322 - 348
lawless29
November 11, 2011, 7:57pm

Table Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +13 / -2
Approval: +11
Quoted from forza ivano

which 1 of the 300 posts you referring to?

all of them john fenty is excrement for this club his record speaks for itself and id rather he didnt put his cash in if it means more of the same for towns fortunes

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 323 - 348
Ipswin
November 11, 2011, 7:59pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from cardiffmariner
I never cease to be amazed by how some on here think that cash cash cash is the answer and that we should all be so grateful to JF for providing the club with the cash necessary to succeed!

It is the management of cash that matters and not the amount.

Over the last few years Fenty has made sure that GTFC is now wholly reliant on him and his benign loans.  If you believe what has been put forward in the media recently the club cannot survive without him and his cash.  How is this good for GTFC?  How has GTFC been allowed to arrive at a position of such dependancy?

It is a situation created by JF and the way he has chosen to run the club, which involved him ploughing his money in rather than working to create a club that was better able to to sustain itself.

We are now where we are and whatever you may say about his motives, generosity or intent to do good, he has left GTFC in an incredibly perilous position with both hands tied behind its back and held firmly by JF.

He has gambled with the future of the club and he has lost.  We're a conference side which he, in public, and his brother, on here, have suggested may not survive without his cash after Christmas.  Brilliant. Well done.  

Unfortunately you are absolutely spot on

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 324 - 348
Kris Mustampa
November 11, 2011, 8:09pm
Table Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +12 / -12
This is a straight question with no hidden agenda.

IF John Fenty isnt re-elected at the AGM and therefore doesn't cover the reported shortfall (£400K?) nor put a budget for next season in place, what do we (the club) do? How do we pay the wages for this season and have a budget for next season?

Do we just become anothr Darlo and go to the wall and start again?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 325 - 348
My cats dreams
November 11, 2011, 8:11pm

Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Will i get fed if that happens

Dogs are smelly creatures full of there own importance
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 326 - 348
lawless29
November 11, 2011, 8:16pm

Table Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +13 / -2
Approval: +11
Quoted from Kris Mustampa
This is a straight question with no hidden agenda.

IF John Fenty isnt re-elected at the AGM and therefore doesn't cover the reported shortfall (£400K?) nor put a budget for next season in place, what do we (the club) do? How do we pay the wages for this season and have a budget for next season?

Do we just become anothr Darlo and go to the wall and start again?

wouldnt you rather do that then put up with the same thing again and again during johns stewdship

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 327 - 348
marinerjase
November 11, 2011, 8:42pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +2,639
Gold Stars: 147
Hypothetically, if there were an interested party who wanted to take over, surely they'd wait until we were forced into admin and thereby not be lumbered with all the potential costs in paying off whatever??

Although no one knows, or there may well not be, anyone interested in joining the sinking ship.

I'd say the AGM will be a straightforward matter of re-electing Fenty, and we carry on as we are. Until we go pop...which as an outsider looking in is surely our destiny at some point unless a miracle occurs.

‘I just f*cking threw myself at it’

Mani D 23 May 2022
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 328 - 348
November 11, 2011, 8:58pm
Guest User
Quoted from marinerjase
Hypothetically, if there were an interested party who wanted to take over, surely they'd wait until we were forced into admin and thereby not be lumbered with all the potential costs in paying off whatever??

My understanding is the major creditor is John Fenty who has repeatedly said his loans are 'benign' and he doesn't expect to get his money back so as it stands, administration would be self defeating.

IMO, John should state his terms if the club really is 'up for sale' (again I quote JF). I like JF, having met him several times but the ground is in a shocking state, the finances are an utter shambles, the team is at it's lowest ebb in 133 years and it has to be said it's all been on John's watch.

I have lost faith in John Fenty - I wanted it to work out for him (and for us) but at what point does his 'reign' become narcissistic?
Reply: 329 - 348
35 Pages Prev ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Message from John Fenty

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.