Knut Anders Fosters Voles
July 6, 2023, 10:22pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.85
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,832
Gold Stars: 555
Quoted from Azimuth

Because he is Bankrolling JSO whilst being bankrolled himself by hard working Bill Payers paying the green energy tariff, he has also bunged the Labour Party a substantial sum of money recently.

Isn’t Mr Vince anti-green energy tariff?

He’s pro windfall tax on the energy companies.

Getyerfaxrite
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 153
gtfc98
July 6, 2023, 10:24pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.73
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,061
Gold Stars: 68
Quoted from Azimuth

Oh get you, of course Gammon can be seen as a Racist slur.
And fyi it wasnt only white people who voted Brexit and not was Brexit in any way Racist, it was a vote against a Political Union we never asked for and during the Referendum leave won fairly and squarely, its called Democracy, suck it up!
Oh and an apology for the Gammon Slur wouldnt go amiss either.

Gammon is a racist slur hahaha.

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 153
chaos33
July 6, 2023, 10:35pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,998
Gold Stars: 362
Quoted from GrimPol

Would you back GTFC in banning Veg/Vegan fair, and only selling meat products?

Fair? Just do a check on that.

As for your question…..what’s it got to do with anything? Would I back GTFC ‘banning’ vegan food? Why would they ban it? How ridiculous and unnecessary and irrelevant. Do we sell vegan food? I don’t know, and I don’t care. It’s got nothing to do with what we’re talking about.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 153
chaos33
July 6, 2023, 10:37pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,998
Gold Stars: 362
Quoted from Azimuth

Oh get you, of course Gammon can be seen as a Racist slur.
And fyi it wasnt only white people who voted Brexit and not was Brexit in any way Racist, it was a vote against a Political Union we never asked for and during the Referendum leave won fairly and squarely, its called Democracy, suck it up!
Oh and an apology for the Gammon Slur wouldnt go amiss either.

Hahaha. A racist slur!
You’re an idiot.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 93 - 153
toontown
July 6, 2023, 11:06pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,278
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from gtfc_chris

I don't think she'll have to do a great deal to win over the dressing room other than simply know what she's talking about and be good at getting her message across. Competence is the driving force in most workplaces and people align themselves to and trust those who are competent. In an industry where everything is driven by achievement, I don't think she'd have got to where she has without being good at what she does.

That isn't to say football doesn't have coaches who aren't particularly gifted or arrive in big positions on the back of little evidence to support their merit, but given it's likely she will have had to fight harder than the man stood next to her to progress her career purely because that has been the nature of the game for 100+ years I'd say she must be good.

That also isn't any veiled suggestion of sexism in football, more the reality that the game has been segregated in terms of gender for so long that the industry is dominated by men for obvious reasons. I think over the next few decades we will see more females entering the coaching domain but I think it's highly likely that when they do it will be because they have proven themselves competent and worthy of high level positions.

I think that's naieve, a manager could be competent and doing well and still the players that aren't being played will be unhappy and not won over, it's the nature of the game that they will all believe they shoukd be playing. If the team is well clear at the top nobody will listen  to them or care, anything but that and some fans will be. I am sure a manager could be competent but in the intensely competitive environment of football they could still do badly in any particular job or set of circumstances.

She might succeed or she might not but she's under greater pressure than most because even if she did play the game (dunno if she did) then she can have 'ah yes, but it wasn't the men's game so you still don't know what your talking about' thrown at her so there is an extra stick to beat her with. And in football,as we know, there are always fans wanting to have a pop at the manager of their team. Plus she will be under more scrutiny than if a male manager was in her post.

Would normally say good luck to her I think she'll need it, but I don't like FGR so hope she crashes and burns, plus it'll do us a favour!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 94 - 153
cardiffmariner
July 6, 2023, 11:35pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +1,320
Gold Stars: 24
Quoted from Azimuth

Because he is Bankrolling JSO whilst being bankrolled himself by hard working Bill Payers paying the green energy tariff, he has also bunged the Labour Party a substantial sum of money recently.

Erm, any customer of ecotricity is free to move to another provider. Which will probably be cheaper as genuine green energy (that ecotricity aim for) doesn’t come cheap at the mo. So I can only assume the ‘hard working bill payers’ you refer to are happy with this. Don’t think there’s a law against him donating to a political party of his choice.

This thread only goes to show why the planet’s in the state it’s in. And why we’re unlikely to change it.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 95 - 153
Mighty_Mariner
July 7, 2023, 2:39am
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +42 / -9
Approval: +2,244
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from Marinerdan
Dale Vince is much braver than I thought!

One could argue not as bright as assumed for hiring and giving him a 5-year deal - what business sense does that make?

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 96 - 153
aldi_01
July 7, 2023, 7:07am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from Azimuth

I don’t see what point you’re making? Are you saying he’s exploiting bill payers, who, if I’m not mistaken, are able to choose which energy company they use?

Similarly, what’s your point about him having ‘bunged the labour party’? He doesn’t make it a secret, and he’s done nothing wrong, other than support a party that you don’t like?

Your point reflects nothing in relation to the discussion that FGR, whatever anyones opinion, have appointed a manager they believe is the right person for the job. It just so happens that it is a female manager, and it’s extremely sad that in 2023 this still creates a sense of unease.

Personally, I think it’s a breath of fresh air, rather than just pick another failed manager on that ever increasing merry go round, they’ve tried to find something or someone different, and not just for some social media likes…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 97 - 153
AussieMariner
July 7, 2023, 7:21am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +13 / -4
Approval: +2,075
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from gtfc_chris

But shouldn't it be about choice? I don't always eat at matches and if I manage to get down to FGR this season then I'll not buy the food they offer, simple, as you said.

I think someone brought it up earlier though, if BP stopped selling a vegan option then there'd be outrage from our vegan support for not catering to their needs and I'd agree with that argument. It must surely work both ways though? In an age where we have more choice and people are free to eat how they want, be who they want (to an extent), the provision must be universal.

I don't understand how it's ok not to cater to a majority but there's a huge issue when we don't cater for the minority. No football ground can cater for every possible dietary need out there so there has to be some understanding and limitations to what a football club can/can't provide, but vegetarian, vegan and 'normal'(?) are within capability and for me should be available to all. I don't think I'll ever see how you can take two options away and it's discrimination (or word that befits the situation), yet take the third away and there's no issue with it.

Well one difference is that vegans don’t eat meat but meat eaters do eat vegetables.
Would you go to a vegan restaurant and expect to eat meat?
Out of interest, and I genuinely don’t know the answer, do they search you on your way in to make sure you’re not bringing non-plant foods in?
If, as I suspect not, and someone still needs constant sugar spikes, why not stick a pork pie or a meat samosa in their pocket and flagrantly consume it in front of the directors box?
Actually that raises a thought, maybe it’s all just a fan retention strategy, reduce attrition by helping them live longer.
Not like Stockwoods and Petits to miss such an obvious trick.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 98 - 153
gtfc_chris
July 7, 2023, 7:57am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.48
Rep Score: +10 / 0
Approval: +1,511
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from AussieMariner

Well one difference is that vegans don’t eat meat but meat eaters do eat vegetables.
Would you go to a vegan restaurant and expect to eat meat?
Out of interest, and I genuinely don’t know the answer, do they search you on your way in to make sure you’re not bringing non-plant foods in?
If, as I suspect not, and someone still needs constant sugar spikes, why not stick a pork pie or a meat samosa in their pocket and flagrantly consume it in front of the directors box?
Actually that raises a thought, maybe it’s all just a fan retention strategy, reduce attrition by helping them live longer.
Not like Stockwoods and Petits to miss such an obvious trick.

No, but then I wouldn't go to a vegan restaurant. My eating habits are hugely embarrassing and well beyond rational with the short version being I pretty much only eat meat (cue the jokes!). I also have the choice to eat at a wide range of restaurants.

Despite how it might come across, it's not something I'm particularly angry about it. It is a very simple case of either choose to eat or choose not to eat.

The post I read that caught my attention was how/why FGR fans put up with it. They're there 23+ times a season. They have that same choice to eat/not eat, but they've had a staple part of that choice removed because one person said so. It might be such a inconsequential thing when you look at it for what it is, but I don't get the imposition of it.

"If you want to eat at our football games your only choice is vegan". I'm not one to really one to buy into or delve into the 'forced control' type thoughts but doesn't that sound a bit like it? Again, referencing above, it's inconsequential for a few hours on a Saturday and is it really worth outrage and mass protest, no of course it isn't.

DV has clearly been good for FGR and progressing them as a club and so I'm sure fans will no doubt have some degree of compromise given what he has and will continue to do for them but there's something in one man making a decision and enforcing his own philosophies on the rest that doesn't quite sit right with me.

The bottom line will always be - and understandably so - if you don't like what's on offer, don't eat it. You came to watch football, not eat at a michelin starred restaurant so it's pretty much an irrelevant discussion to have but just because meat eaters can eat vegetables I still don't agree that it's a viewpoint you can impose on everyone else.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 99 - 153
16 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Duncan Ferguson leaves FGR

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.