Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Duncan Ferguson leaves FGR
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense, Googlebot and 118 Guests

Duncan Ferguson leaves FGR

This thread currently has 12,175 views. Print
16 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
GrimPol
July 7, 2023, 11:54am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +3 / -7
Approval: -681
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from sam gy
Just looked up the food served on matchday, looks/sounds bloody lovely and sure as hell beats a dry Rollover hot dog or  standard fare rat burger that you see at most matches.

If there's nowt' here to tickle your fancy as a one off when you visit their ground for 2 hours once a year, then i don't really know what to say. I bloody love meat as much as the next person, but most burger, chicken etc substitutes are really nice these days (probably have the same amount of actual meat as your usual standard fare too, hah), if you stop being outraged for a second.

https://www.fgr.co.uk/vegan-food

With regards to donating to the Labour party, is it ok for all of those huge companies to donate to the Tories? All political parties have financial donors.

I'm not sure the taste of vegan is the point, its the fact that you must have it, that is the point.
In the end, FGR are a club of interest when only when Town play them. But now they have thrown up an interesting point with their interim manager, so its up for discussion.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 110 - 153
chaos33
July 7, 2023, 12:02pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,938
Gold Stars: 360
There no ‘must’ about it. I don’t think your stance is credible really. You just adapt. Eat elsewhere, choose something that is available etc. it’s just a non issue. You don’t go to a Thai restaurant, lose your sh1t and complain because they’re not serving bangers and mash.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 111 - 153
BobbyCummingsTackle
July 7, 2023, 12:05pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,282
Gold Stars: 306
Quoted from GrimPol

I'm not sure the taste of vegan is the point, its the fact that you must have it, that is the point.
In the end, FGR are a club of interest when only when Town play them. But now they have thrown up an interesting point with their interim manager, so its up for discussion.

It's not the case that you 'must have it'. If the ground only offers vegan food then you have the right to choose other options from elsewhere. I'll take a bet that you've never been to a French restaurant and complained that you can't get Thai food. Your objection (I'm making an assumption here) is that you don't want to eat vegan food - and that's fine - but FGR is a private business that can make it's own decisions and is obviously not worried that a proportion of spectators want to eat meat based products.

Eat before you go in to the ground, take sandwiches etc etc

Or there's your ultimate choice... don't go to FGR.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 112 - 153
sam gy
July 7, 2023, 12:06pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +18 / -3
Approval: +5,477
Gold Stars: 55
I remember when I was young, I’d stay at my Nanna’s house and she only ever had Vitalite spread for toast in the morning. Was flipping fuming, and always questioned why she was forcing me to eat vegan food.

[img]https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xla1/v/t1.0-9/12039761_10156639571185103_2884197968019429473_n.jpg?oh=184cac2706832a1b1dd4d6a0420a6f87&oe=574C5F4F[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 113 - 153
BobbyCummingsTackle
July 7, 2023, 12:26pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,282
Gold Stars: 306
Quoted from sam gy
I remember when I was young, I’d stay at my Nanna’s house and she only ever had Vitalite spread for toast in the morning. Was flipping fuming, and always questioned why she was forcing me to eat vegan food.

She was obviously part of the Marxist, vegan, woke conspiracy.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 114 - 153
chaos33
July 7, 2023, 1:06pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,938
Gold Stars: 360
😂

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 115 - 153
GrimPol
July 7, 2023, 1:14pm
Fine Wine Drinker

It's not the case that you 'must have it'. If the ground only offers vegan food then you have the right to choose other options from elsewhere. I'll take a bet that you've never been to a French restaurant and complained that you can't get Thai food. Your objection (I'm making an assumption here) is that you don't want to eat vegan food - and that's fine - but FGR is a private business that can make it's own decisions and is obviously not worried that a proportion of spectators want to eat meat based products.

Eat before you go in to the ground, take sandwiches etc etc

Or there's your ultimate choice... don't go to FGR.

So  BobbyCummingsTackle do answer the question, would it be ok for GTFC to ban Vegan/Vegetarian fair?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 116 - 153
GrimPol
July 7, 2023, 1:28pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from chaos33
There no ‘must’ about it. I don’t think your stance is credible really. You just adapt. Eat elsewhere, choose something that is available etc. it’s just a non issue. You don’t go to a Thai restaurant, lose your sh1t and complain because they’re not serving bangers and mash.

"You don’t go to a Thai restaurant, lose your sh1t and complain because they’re not serving bangers and mash" What a nonsense statement, and please don't use profane language.
So you agree with me then that if GTFC decided to ban Vegan/Vegetarian fair, as per you OK'ing FGR stance, then thats OK?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 117 - 153
mariner91
July 7, 2023, 1:35pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,666
Gold Stars: 262
Non vegans/vegetarians can still eat vegan/vegetarian food like a chip butty as Chrisblor said he'd had at FGR.  So by banning non vegan/vegetarian food, there is still something that everybody can eat. Literally everyone on here will have had food or snacks at some point in their life that doesn't include meat or animal products.

If you ban vegan/vegetarian food then you are excluding some of the crowd from having any options to eat. It is not the same. Anyone that can't see that is being either deliberately obtuse and belligerent or is incredibly dense.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 118 - 153
Simon
July 7, 2023, 1:49pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Approval: +237
Gold Stars: 33
When did football become so boring, bring back pukka pies

All Town aren't we ..... UTM  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 119 - 153
16 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Duncan Ferguson leaves FGR

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.