Duncan Ferguson leaves FGR

This thread currently has 12,160 views. Print
16 Pages Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
BobbyCummingsTackle
July 7, 2023, 1:55pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,274
Gold Stars: 306
Quoted from GrimPol

So  BobbyCummingsTackle do answer the question, would it be ok for GTFC to ban Vegan/Vegetarian fair?

Your question suggests that I am the arbiter in this decision and that GTFC should be discussing it with me. I am not involved in GTFC and I have absolutely no say in their decisions.

Legally they have the right to do so, Blundell Park is private property and a private company. The owners have the right to do as they wish as long as that falls within current legislation.

I suspect that they wouldn't (although I don't know) because the owners are unlikely to want Blundell Park to be a battleground in some sort of culture war. It would also probably be a poor business decision based on the majority of GTFC's home demographic - but I say 'probably' because I don't have access to the data about match day eating habits at Blundell Park or spectator demographics.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 120 - 153
Marinerdan
July 7, 2023, 1:57pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +15 / -1
Approval: +970
Gold Stars: 17
Quoted from GrimPol

"You don’t go to a Thai restaurant, lose your sh1t and complain because they’re not serving bangers and mash" What a nonsense statement, and please don't use profane language.
So you agree with me then that if GTFC decided to ban Vegan/Vegetarian fair, as per you OK'ing FGR stance, then thats OK?

Of course they could it, it’s a private business and it can sell whatever it likes. Doesn’t have to sell any food at all.

Not sure how popular it will be when crisps, chocolate, sweets and chips are off the menu and the only thing to drink is Bovril!

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 121 - 153
Southwark Mariner
July 7, 2023, 2:12pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,550
Gold Stars: 83
hmmm why has Marmite not started a football Club? All their stadium's food would have marmite in it! Imagine a marmite hater having to go a full match without eating anything!! They'd have to call in UN Peacekeepers!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 122 - 153
BobbyCummingsTackle
July 7, 2023, 2:13pm
Champagne Drinker
Quoted from GrimPol

So  BobbyCummingsTackle do answer the question, would it be ok for GTFC to ban Vegan/Vegetarian fair?

ooh, by the way...you meant fare or fayre.

A fair is a gathering of people for commercial or entertainment purposes. Unless you think that the owners of GTFC would ban a vegan/vegetarian fair that used Blundell Park as a venue?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 123 - 153
BobbyCummingsTackle
July 7, 2023, 2:14pm
Champagne Drinker
Quoted from Southwark Mariner
hmmm why has Marmite not started a football Club? All their stadium's food would have marmite in it! Imagine a marmite hater having to go a full match without eating anything!! They'd have to call in UN Peacekeepers!

I would not be going anywhere near the place  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 124 - 153
chaos33
July 7, 2023, 2:23pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,929
Gold Stars: 360
Quoted from GrimPol

"You don’t go to a Thai restaurant, lose your sh1t and complain because they’re not serving bangers and mash" What a nonsense statement, and please don't use profane language.
So you agree with me then that if GTFC decided to ban Vegan/Vegetarian fair, as per you OK'ing FGR stance, then thats OK?

Sorry, are you still digging your hole?

If I must answer your straw man question, then I wouldn’t care, personally as far as visiting fans go. I’d apply the same logic as outlined in terms of away fans who were vegan; using their options and adapting, but, as I’m a Grimsby fan, I wouldn’t think it wise if  the owners were to choose to do such a pointless thing.

My mum always recommended that you ‘never argue with a fool’ so I admit I’m failing to heed that advice in this instance.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 125 - 153
gtfc98
July 7, 2023, 3:19pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,066
Gold Stars: 68
Who the fűck goes to a football match for the food anyway?

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 126 - 153
Azimuth
July 7, 2023, 5:01pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +3 / -4
Approval: +694
Gold Stars: 60
Quoted from chaos33

Hahaha. A racist slur!
You’re an idiot.

Any insult refering to or insinuating a persons skin colour is indeed Racist, it is not okay by any stretch of the imagination no matter who it is aimed at.

Just because Gammon is a insult favoured by the left aimed at the White British population doea not mean it doeant have Racial connertations.
I would never dream of judging anyone on skin and am surprised at anyone who uses such language.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 127 - 153
SteffiMariner
July 7, 2023, 5:05pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +408
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from Azimuth

Any insult refering to or insinuating a persons skin colour is indeed Racist, it is not okay by any stretch of the imagination no matter who it is aimed at.

Just because Gammon is a insult favoured by the left aimed at the White British population doea not mean it doeant have Racial connertations.
I would never dream of judging anyone on skin and am surprised at anyone who uses such language.

It isn't a slur. Gammon is a pejorative popularised in British political culture since around 2012. The term refers in particular to the colour of a person's flushed face when expressing their strong opinions, as compared to the type of pork of the same name.It is characterised in this context by the Oxford English Dictionary as occurring "in various parasynthetic adjectives referring to particularly reddish or florid complexions".
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 128 - 153
gtfc98
July 7, 2023, 5:22pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,066
Gold Stars: 68
Quoted from Azimuth

Its aimed at the brain dead element of our population. Nothing to do with race, everything to do with lack of intellect.

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 129 - 153
16 Pages Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Duncan Ferguson leaves FGR

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.