16 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
chaos33
July 6, 2023, 6:14pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,998
Gold Stars: 362
Daily Mail headline…..”FURY as vegan sausage rolls cause misery for million”.

FFS

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 153
Balthazar Bullitt
July 6, 2023, 6:20pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +10 / -1
Approval: +2,260
Gold Stars: 16
Some of you have short memories.
If you don't eat your greens you're not getting any pudding
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 153
ginnywings
July 6, 2023, 7:53pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Some strange views in this thread.

Wish someone could point out why Dale Vince is a threat to western democracy, because he doesn't eat sausages.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 153
lew chaterleys lover
July 6, 2023, 8:25pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,758
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from ginnywings

Wish someone could point out why Dale Vince is a threat to western democracy, because he doesn't eat sausages.

Because he is bankrolling, or helping to bankroll Just stop oil, whose aims are quite ludicrous. "Just stop oil" literally means lives as we know it would cease to function, and at the same time, their activists are disrupting people going about their everyday lives.

Edit. Ive just noticed he is on Question Time tonight so we can watch him make his case. Mind you, if he had his way and just stopped oil there would be no television to watch of course.
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 153
GrimPol
July 6, 2023, 8:56pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +5 / -6
Approval: -787
Gold Stars: 76
Quoted from gtfc_chris

I don't think she'll have to do a great deal to win over the dressing room other than simply know what she's talking about and be good at getting her message across. Competence is the driving force in most workplaces and people align themselves to and trust those who are competent. In an industry where everything is driven by achievement, I don't think she'd have got to where she has without being good at what she does.

That isn't to say football doesn't have coaches who aren't particularly gifted or arrive in big positions on the back of little evidence to support their merit, but given it's likely she will have had to fight harder than the man stood next to her to progress her career purely because that has been the nature of the game for 100+ years I'd say she must be good.

That also isn't any veiled suggestion of sexism in football, more the reality that the game has been segregated in terms of gender for so long that the industry is dominated by men for obvious reasons. I think over the next few decades we will see more females entering the coaching domain but I think it's highly likely that when they do it will be because they have proven themselves competent and worthy of high level positions.

Up to now I can only see (on the FGR Fans and Official site) that Ms Dingley is an interim manager, is there an update?
. Mourinho, Gullit, Villas-Boas, and of course, Clough had their share of losing the dressing room, and they were seasoned operators. If FGR are in the bottom half after 10 games the fans will get restless, and of course, she will get the dreaded  "Backing of the Board" This is an interesting issue, and I wish her luck.
But all this could be just polemic if FGR appoint another manager and Ms Dingley drops back being in charge of the Academy again.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 153
GrimPol
July 6, 2023, 8:57pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from ginnywings

He does eat sausages, just without the meat.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 153
GrimPol
July 6, 2023, 9:01pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from chaos33

Again, why such a strong emotional response? What is it that he stands for that upsets you so much? If I was an FGR fan, I’d just eat before I went in the stadium.

Would you back GTFC in banning Veg/Vegan fair, and only selling meat products?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 153
Azimuth
July 6, 2023, 10:13pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +3 / -4
Approval: +709
Gold Stars: 61
Quoted from ginnywings

Because he is Bankrolling JSO whilst being bankrolled himself by hard working Bill Payers paying the green energy tariff, he has also bunged the Labour Party a substantial sum of money recently.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 153
Azimuth
July 6, 2023, 10:20pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +3 / -4
Approval: +709
Gold Stars: 61
Quoted from chaos33
I suspect the Brexit gammon lot are beside themselves again.

Oh get you, of course Gammon can be seen as a Racist slur.
And fyi it wasnt only white people who voted Brexit and not was Brexit in any way Racist, it was a vote against a Political Union we never asked for and during the Referendum leave won fairly and squarely, its called Democracy, suck it up!
Oh and an apology for the Gammon Slur wouldnt go amiss either.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 153
SteffiMariner
July 6, 2023, 10:21pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +408
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from Azimuth

Oh get you, of course Gammon can be seen as a Racist slur.
And fyi it wasnt only white people who voted Brexit and not was Brexit in any way Racist, it was a vote against a Political Union we never asked for and during the Referendum leave won fairly and squarely, its called Democracy, suck it up!
Oh and an apology for the Gammon Slur wouldnt go amiss either.

If you think gammon is a slur, you are an absolute pillock.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 153
16 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Duncan Ferguson leaves FGR

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.