This thread currently has 12,327 views. Print
16 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
promotion plaice
July 5, 2023, 9:57pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,080
Gold Stars: 200

Dingley's first game in charge was tonight in a friendly at Melksham Town and resulted in a 1-1 draw.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 153
aldi_01
July 5, 2023, 10:03pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from gtfc98

Yeah you sound about as woke as Enoch Powell mate.

What has woke got to do with it. I don’t always agree with Civvy but he’s merely making the point that plenty of people have children who have transitioned, equally, we shouldn’t women strive for the same roles as men?

Not sure what the dig at civvy is about…

Either way, I hope it paves the way.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 153
LondonMariner43
July 5, 2023, 10:24pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +19 / -4
Approval: +3,979
Gold Stars: 64
Quoted from Mikey_345
Fair play to FGR and well done Hannah - will inevitably attract the usual sad nonsense from some quarters and she will have known that when accepting. It's a shame it has to be but it will have been a consideration to her I am sure.

The standard of some of the coaches and managers you see consistently getting jobs is crazy, John Yems for example! I am sure there are many women much better than some of the people currently on the touchline as managers or first team coaches.

We and many other teams have appointed our physio caretaker for a long period of time. Now I love Dave Moore but I would hazard a guess Hannah Dingley has more qualifications and relevant coaching experience than Dave.

I agree in general but in Dave Moore’s case he has actually been manager at Scunthorpe for 2 years before he became physio at Town

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 153
gtfc98
July 5, 2023, 10:27pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.73
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,061
Gold Stars: 68
Quoted from aldi_01

What has woke got to do with it. I don’t always agree with Civvy but he’s merely making the point that plenty of people have children who have transitioned, equally, we shouldn’t women strive for the same roles as men?

Not sure what the dig at civvy is about…

Either way, I hope it paves the way.

If you think he was genuinely making that point with even an ounce of sincerity you're mistaken.

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 153
Northbank Mariner
July 6, 2023, 6:30am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,526
Gold Stars: 172
Ewwww...just watched the post friendly press conference, I honestly don't think a man could be more abhorrent man than Stale Mince, kept interrupting the manager and making it about him, strange man, very strange man.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 153
Mappers
July 6, 2023, 6:34am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.44
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,459
Gold Stars: 119
Quoted from Northbank Mariner
Ewwww...just watched the post friendly press conference, I honestly don't think a man could be more abhorrent man than Stale Mince, kept interrupting the manager and making it about him, strange man, very strange man.

Take it your not vegan then
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 153
Maringer
July 6, 2023, 7:06am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,671
Gold Stars: 189
Do you need to be a vegan to like somebody else who is a vegan? Vince comes across as a male private, regardless of what he decides he wants to eat.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 153
Mappers
July 6, 2023, 7:35am
Champagne Drinker
Quoted from Maringer
Do you need to be a vegan to like somebody else who is a vegan? Vince comes across as a male private, regardless of what he decides he wants to eat.

Fair point

For the record i do find people who don't like/eat meat strange though, they are missing out .

Especially with the alternative vegan fair on offer , i have tried a few bits it just tastes nasty/weird .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 153
GrimPol
July 6, 2023, 8:22am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +5 / -6
Approval: -787
Gold Stars: 76
Quoted from Mappers

Fair point

For the record i do find people who don't like/eat meat strange though, they are missing out .

Especially with the alternative vegan fair on offer , i have tried a few bits it just tastes nasty/weird .

Strange that a man can impose his "philosophy" on others as long as its Vegan, but if, say BP banned all Vegan/Veg as a "philosophy" questions would be asked in Parliament. "Funny old world" as someone said before me.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 153
Mappers
July 6, 2023, 8:53am
Champagne Drinker
And that's part of the problem .

Their view of things is 'my way or no way ' and a lot of people are like that now . I don't actually mind Vince , just like I don't mind female managers , referees(a couple at BP this season were actually better than a lot of the male one's ) or players .

But when he's launching it down your throat that you are wrong to oppose his views , and goes about disrupting other people's  days ,that's when I think he needs to be called out - for some of the people at these sporting events it's probably a once in a lifetime experience and he's orchestrating substantial distruption to their days .

He seems to find it all amusing to , with a little sarky grin on his face when asked about his various little disruption projects , like he's almost doing it for attention/a kick rather than the actual causes he say's he so strongly believes in .

What right has he got to do that ?
What right have we to mock his views ?

By all means live your life how you want to live it , but don't ram it down the throats of those who oppose or could not care less .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 153
16 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Duncan Ferguson leaves FGR

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.