16 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
chaos33
July 6, 2023, 4:16pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,998
Gold Stars: 362
I know they don't get many fans but why do the fanbase accept vegan only food when a tiny percentage of the population are vegans?

In fact why do they put up with his crazy ideas at all, which if implemented would cause misery? The quicker they get back to non league the better.

Again, why such a strong emotional response? What is it that he stands for that upsets you so much? If I was an FGR fan, I’d just eat before I went in the stadium.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 153
WOZOFGRIMSBY
July 6, 2023, 4:19pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,979
Gold Stars: 184

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 153
mariner91
July 6, 2023, 4:53pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,747
Gold Stars: 262
I know they don't get many fans but why do the fanbase accept vegan only food when a tiny percentage of the population are vegans?

In fact why do they put up with his crazy ideas at all, which if implemented would cause misery? The quicker they get back to non league the better.

Probably because it's only two hours every other Saturday and it's quite easy to go without the food if you don't fancy it?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 153
LH
July 6, 2023, 5:04pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,596
Gold Stars: 175
I knew this thread wouldn’t disappoint. The way some of you go on it’s like you need a joint of beef for every meal.
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 153
gtfc_chris
July 6, 2023, 5:15pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.48
Rep Score: +10 / 0
Approval: +1,511
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from mariner91

Probably because it's only two hours every other Saturday and it's quite easy to go without the food if you don't fancy it?

But shouldn't it be about choice? I don't always eat at matches and if I manage to get down to FGR this season then I'll not buy the food they offer, simple, as you said.

I think someone brought it up earlier though, if BP stopped selling a vegan option then there'd be outrage from our vegan support for not catering to their needs and I'd agree with that argument. It must surely work both ways though? In an age where we have more choice and people are free to eat how they want, be who they want (to an extent), the provision must be universal.

I don't understand how it's ok not to cater to a majority but there's a huge issue when we don't cater for the minority. No football ground can cater for every possible dietary need out there so there has to be some understanding and limitations to what a football club can/can't provide, but vegetarian, vegan and 'normal'(?) are within capability and for me should be available to all. I don't think I'll ever see how you can take two options away and it's discrimination (or word that befits the situation), yet take the third away and there's no issue with it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 153
Chrisblor
July 6, 2023, 5:36pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,960
Gold Stars: 239
Last time I went to FGR I had a great chip butty and a black coffee. JJ Hooper then scored a hat-trick. As an omnivore it was a nice day out.

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 153
mariner91
July 6, 2023, 5:44pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,747
Gold Stars: 262
Quoted from gtfc_chris

But shouldn't it be about choice? I don't always eat at matches and if I manage to get down to FGR this season then I'll not buy the food they offer, simple, as you said.

I think someone brought it up earlier though, if BP stopped selling a vegan option then there'd be outrage from our vegan support for not catering to their needs and I'd agree with that argument. It must surely work both ways though? In an age where we have more choice and people are free to eat how they want, be who they want (to an extent), the provision must be universal.

I don't understand how it's ok not to cater to a majority but there's a huge issue when we don't cater for the minority. No football ground can cater for every possible dietary need out there so there has to be some understanding and limitations to what a football club can/can't provide, but vegetarian, vegan and 'normal'(?) are within capability and for me should be available to all. I don't think I'll ever see how you can take two options away and it's discrimination (or word that befits the situation), yet take the third away and there's no issue with it.

It is catering for the majority though. I eat and enjoy eating meat and fish and dairy products. But equally I can and do eat meals and snacks that are plant based. No human is solely carnivorous or at least shouldn't be so they are offering something for literally everyone. It is still about choice. You can choose to eat there or you can choose not to. I wouldn't do it if I owned a football club but that's up to them.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 153
gtfc98
July 6, 2023, 5:57pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.73
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,061
Gold Stars: 68
Quoted from ROKERITE
I don't object to people who sell fossil fuels nor to gambling magnates. I loathe Dale Vince and everything he stands for. He is a dangerous man who if he gets his way will bring misery to millions.

As for the change of manager/head coach I can't see it weakening FGR. I rated their chances of promotion in the coming season as very low under Big Dunc but have no idea how the new appointment will do.

I bet you think Nigel Farage has general public's best interests at heart don't you?

Dale Vince is "dangerous", give your head a wobble mate.

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 153
chaos33
July 6, 2023, 6:04pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,998
Gold Stars: 362
I suspect the Brexit gammon lot are beside themselves again.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 153
sam gy
July 6, 2023, 6:09pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +18 / -3
Approval: +5,478
Gold Stars: 56
It's his club, he can sell what he wants in it. At least he's backing up his beliefs/lifestyle rather than trying to profit from something he opposes like a hypocrite.

Get some chips, or don't get anything and eat before if you're so against eating something that doesn't contain meat, egg or dairy.

[img]https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xla1/v/t1.0-9/12039761_10156639571185103_2884197968019429473_n.jpg?oh=184cac2706832a1b1dd4d6a0420a6f87&oe=574C5F4F[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 153
16 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Duncan Ferguson leaves FGR

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.