16 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
Mikey_345
July 5, 2023, 9:39am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +11 / -1
Approval: +5,383
Gold Stars: 106
Fair play to FGR and well done Hannah - will inevitably attract the usual sad nonsense from some quarters and she will have known that when accepting. It's a shame it has to be but it will have been a consideration to her I am sure.

The standard of some of the coaches and managers you see consistently getting jobs is crazy, John Yems for example! I am sure there are many women much better than some of the people currently on the touchline as managers or first team coaches.

We and many other teams have appointed our physio caretaker for a long period of time. Now I love Dave Moore but I would hazard a guess Hannah Dingley has more qualifications and relevant coaching experience than Dave.

All Town aren’t we

@GTFCLondon

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 153
BobbyCummingsTackle
July 5, 2023, 11:59am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,279
Gold Stars: 306
I think this is great news, good luck to her. I hope she does well.

Except when FGR play us where I hope she and they have a nightmare.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 153
buckstown
July 5, 2023, 12:27pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +16 / -6
Approval: +5,179
Gold Stars: 79
I think there will be a steady flow of female coaches into men's football over the next few years and there's no reason why they can't be highly successful.
Coaching badges are pretty straight forward so the key thing is can they motivate 20 prima donnas? Interesting point above regarding her being a caretaker and not a full appointee so DV can't be totally convinced
Saw an U9 five a side recently and one side had two girls who were as good as any boys I've seen in 20 years of junior football. Made me wonder if one day professional teams might be mixed
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 153
Mappers
July 5, 2023, 12:33pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.43
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,333
Gold Stars: 118
I wonder when we will see the first female player in a mens pro team ?

Everyone seems pro equality these days so you might just as well mix and match at some point surely?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 153
mariner91
July 5, 2023, 12:44pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,661
Gold Stars: 262
If a woman is qualified to coach and is good at it then crack on. But there will never be women in the men’s game as players, there is too much difference physically.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 153
diehardmariner
July 5, 2023, 1:29pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,632
Gold Stars: 539
I think that a club appointing a female manager draws any sort of reaction probably sums up where football fares amongst modern society in 2023.

If she's good enough, her gender doesn't matter.  
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 153
gtfc98
July 5, 2023, 3:33pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,066
Gold Stars: 68
Quoted from diehardmariner
I think that a club appointing a female manager draws any sort of reaction probably sums up where football fares amongst modern society in 2023.

If she's good enough, her gender doesn't matter.  

Exactly this. Its the daughters of all of these dinosaurs who are losing their shït over this appointment who I feel sorry for. Imagine having a father who will openly tell you that you can't possibly  do the job you want to do because you were born with a vągina. Absolutely bizarre behaviour.

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 153
kia82kaha
July 5, 2023, 5:03pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Approval: +9
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Mappers
I wonder when we will see the first female player in a mens pro team ?

Everyone seems pro equality these days so you might just as well mix and match at some point surely?

You can't have female players in the men's game then men can play in the woman's game. Then what is the point of having a woman game because it will just be dominated by men.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 153
RonMariner
July 5, 2023, 5:30pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,721
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from kia82kaha

You can't have female players in the men's game then men can play in the woman's game. Then what is the point of having a woman game because it will just be dominated by men.

Be interesting to see what would happen if a trans woman tried to play in the womens game. Most sports now seem to be accepting that going through puberty as a male gives an unfair advantage over biological women due to muscle mass and testosterone and so are banning them from competing. Which I think is fair.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 153
kia82kaha
July 5, 2023, 5:32pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Approval: +9
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from RonMariner

Be interesting to see what would happen if a trans woman tried to play in the womens game. Most sports now seem to be accepting that going through puberty as a male gives an unfair advantage over biological women due to muscle mass and testosterone and so are banning them from competing. Which I think is fair.

There is a trans team that plays friendlies with women's teams I don't keep up with their results but I don't think they've lost yet.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 153
16 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Duncan Ferguson leaves FGR

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.