16 Pages Prev ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
chaos33
July 7, 2023, 5:49pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,937
Gold Stars: 360
Evident here in what this person’s posts.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 130 - 153
Madeleymariner
July 7, 2023, 5:55pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,059
Gold Stars: 50
Quoted from mariner91
Non vegans/vegetarians can still eat vegan/vegetarian food like a chip butty as Chrisblor said he'd had at FGR.  So by banning non vegan/vegetarian food, there is still something that everybody can eat. Literally everyone on here will have had food or snacks at some point in their life that doesn't include meat or animal products.

If you ban vegan/vegetarian food then you are excluding some of the crowd from having any options to eat. It is not the same. Anyone that can't see that is being either deliberately obtuse and belligerent or is incredibly dense.

Banning Vegan food does not exclude many people in the crowd other than a few with intolerances or food allergies. Vegatablists are quite welcome to eat a balti pie if they want same as you are welcome to eat a quorn burger at forest green. Really don't get the fuss if you don't like it don't go
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 131 - 153
Sandford1981
July 7, 2023, 6:15pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +2,085
Gold Stars: 59
If Vince was busy extolling the virtues of veganism whilst selling meat products in their ground, people would have him labelled as a money grabbing hypocrite.
He’s being the change he wants to see in society and I can respect that even if I may not subscribe to it myself.

“I know writers who use subtext and they’re all cowards.” –Garth Marenghi
Private Message
Reply: 132 - 153
chaos33
July 7, 2023, 6:26pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,937
Gold Stars: 360
Exactly that. But you have the permanently outraged idiots who read the Daily Mail and watch GB News that want you to feel, not think; hate this group and that group, and shut down those others and everything is someone else’s fault - the remainer establishment (who the f*** are they?), the wokerati, the cultural Marxists, the blob, the anti growth coalition and so on and so on. Utter nonsense.
These people have poisoned our democracy, wrecked our economy and tried to shut down sense and kindness and pragmatism and togetherness. If you’re buying it - you’re a mug, and you’re ruining things for everyday, kind and decent folk.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 133 - 153
GrimPol
July 7, 2023, 7:26pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +3 / -7
Approval: -675
Gold Stars: 69

Your question suggests that I am the arbiter in this decision and that GTFC should be discussing it with me. I am not involved in GTFC and I have absolutely no say in their decisions.

Legally they have the right to do so, Blundell Park is private property and a private company. The owners have the right to do as they wish as long as that falls within current legislation.

I suspect that they wouldn't (although I don't know) because the owners are unlikely to want Blundell Park to be a battleground in some sort of culture war. It would also probably be a poor business decision based on the majority of GTFC's home demographic - but I say 'probably' because I don't have access to the data about match day eating habits at Blundell Park or spectator demographics.

"Your question suggests that I am the arbiter in this decision and that GTFC should be discussing it with me".  Really, you think I mistook you for a "director" of GTFC.?
" I am not involved in GTFC and I have absolutely no say in their decisions" Really? You joined in 2020 posted 1700 times mostly saying what GTFC should do.  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 134 - 153
GrimPol
July 7, 2023, 7:29pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +3 / -7
Approval: -675
Gold Stars: 69
Quoted from chaos33
Exactly that. But you have the permanently outraged idiots who read the Daily Mail and watch GB News that want you to feel, not think; hate this group and that group, and shut down those others and everything is someone else’s fault - the remainer establishment (who the f*** are they?), the wokerati, the cultural Marxists, the blob, the anti growth coalition and so on and so on. Utter nonsense.
These people have poisoned our democracy, wrecked our economy and tried to shut down sense and kindness and pragmatism and togetherness. If you’re buying it - you’re a mug, and you’re ruining things for everyday, kind and decent folk.

I think you are hyperventilating, and If you are not careful your blood pressure will skyrocket, you'll change colour and people might mistake you for Gammon.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 135 - 153
Townforlife
July 7, 2023, 7:45pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +229
Gold Stars: 16
Beetroot, not gammon. Surely in this thread?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 136 - 153
SheepGTFC
July 8, 2023, 8:40am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +0 / -1
Approval: +280
Gold Stars: 6
this is the most nothing burger of stupid threads I've seen on the fishy in a while.

stopped being about football about 7 replies in...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 137 - 153
TheRealJohnLewis
July 8, 2023, 8:51am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +13 / -8
Approval: +2,308
Gold Stars: 39
This thread is hilarious. I love how the thought of having vegan food leaves everyone with no options to eat anything and that they would die If they didn't consume animal products for 3 hours! Vegans won't eat animal products, but meat eaters can eat vegan food. So having products with only animal derivatives in, would exclude some fans, whereas having plant-based food everyone still could eat everything. (allergies aside)

The rhetoric that vegan food taste horrible is just lazy, the Q pies at FGR are probably the nicest ones I have tasted at any football ground, and that was as a meat eater at the time. DV and FGR played a small part in our decision to go plant-based as a family 4 years ago and haven't looked back since, and we now see ourselves as vegan rather than plant-based.
Private Message
Reply: 138 - 153
BobbyCummingsTackle
July 8, 2023, 9:11am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,280
Gold Stars: 306
Quoted from GrimPol

"Your question suggests that I am the arbiter in this decision and that GTFC should be discussing it with me".  Really, you think I mistook you for a "director" of GTFC.?
" I am not involved in GTFC and I have absolutely no say in their decisions" Really? You joined in 2020 posted 1700 times mostly saying what GTFC should do.  

Asking me should GTFC do X,Y or Z suggests that you think I have some kind of influence. I don`t.

Thanks for the stat attack. I`d be surprised if anyone at the club had read any of my 1700 posts and I`d be bloody staggered if they`d had any influence on decision making in the club.

In fact, probably 1600 of those posts are my sarcastic attempts at wit and I`d be worried if they influenced thinking in the corridors of power at BP.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 139 - 153
16 Pages Prev ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Duncan Ferguson leaves FGR

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.