mariner91
June 23, 2023, 8:25pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,658
Gold Stars: 262
Quoted from NorfolkImp

Not really, I only came on for a nosey when I heard Vernam had re-signed and things have kind of escalated since.

I am a little concerned at the delight at which regulars on here are exuding towards harmless little Scunny though and their current plight, yet you have the temerity to call me a ‘loser’ ???

“Only came on for a nosey”. You’ve posted more than 2700 times on a rival (or not, you can’t seem to decide) team’s forum you absolute weapon. At no point have you ever had anything remotely interesting or insightful to add. It’s Friday at half 8 on a lovely summer evening yet you’re on here “concerned” that some of our fans are amused by Scunny’s plight. Yes, that absolutely makes you a loser.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 110 - 134
Rodley Mariner
June 23, 2023, 8:25pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 177
Quoted from NorfolkImp

Not really, I only came on for a nosey when I heard Vernam had re-signed and things have kind of escalated since.

I am a little concerned at the delight at which regulars on here are exuding towards harmless little Scunny though and their current plight, yet you have the temerity to call me a ‘loser’ ???

It's Friday night and you're on a GTFC forum despite being a Man City "fan". If the dunces cap fits and all that.....
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 111 - 134
Gilbertswand
June 23, 2023, 11:15pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Approval: +183
Gold Stars: 21
Quoted from NorfolkImp

You sound like a NearManchester United fan living in the past. No coincidence that neither of you actually play football in the place you claim to represent? Both grounds falling to bits with dismal views, cramped seats and leaking roofs.

It’s called Lincolnshire for a reason, and considering you count Hull as your big derby game despite never playing them, that’s when you’re not bullying little Scunny, why didn’t you do everyone a favour and just stay in Humberside?

As I say, keep enjoying our cast offs, I remember the dross you used to send over to us (Bobby Cumming exempt obviously). Diddy Gilbert was a mouthy little thief btw, that’s why Murph got rid.

Did you say Man United? Another coincidence is that we still hold the attendance record there for an Fa cup semi  - ever played in one of those?

Sorry if i touched a nerve with a few facts...Hull is the big derby even if we haven't played them for a while..Little bit more to it than football....
The imps and scunny weren't really on our radar when i was a lad. We were an established second tier team back then....you wouldn't understand.
Played you a bit more in the last 30 years, so you have become a bit more relevant.

I think you only want us out of Lincolnshire so you can lord it over scunny as Lincolnshire's biggest club.
Im even having doubts about that though as to be fair to scunny, i don't think they would ever only bring 500 to derby game at our place...Whatever division they were in.

In terms of cast offs im pretty sure that you have had a lot more of ours than we have yours.....our players normally dropping down to you from a higher level... You even forgot Big Keith..

Anyway as for Diddy....I thought it was the air rifle incident that cooked his goose at Lincoln??....either way he managed to play a couple of hundred games in tier 2 and was clearly a fantastic player for us and west brom, On reflection, it probably came down to poor management/judgement from Murphy and not being able control or get the best or out of him.

See you soon.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 112 - 134
NorfolkImp
June 24, 2023, 7:05am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +11 / -10
Approval: -519
Gold Stars: 11
Quoted from mariner91

“Only came on for a nosey”. You’ve posted more than 2700 times on a rival (or not, you can’t seem to decide) team’s forum you absolute weapon. At no point have you ever had anything remotely interesting or insightful to add. It’s Friday at half 8 on a lovely summer evening yet you’re on here “concerned” that some of our fans are amused by Scunny’s plight. Yes, that absolutely makes you a loser.

Nosey in that you’re not really on our radar anymore, and seeing as we are both 33/1 to win our respective divisions you won’t be for a while yet. Must be those rogue Nunsthorpe genes rearing their ugly head once more?

I did hear you were ‘massive’ again during your Cup run last season and watched the games v  Saints & Brighton reserves. It reminded me of The Imps under John Beck at times although I was pleased for Waterfall. He was another who had slipped my mind along with Big Keith (RIP) to wear both striped shirts with passion & pride.

Private Message
Reply: 113 - 134
HatTrickHero
June 24, 2023, 7:42am

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +780
Gold Stars: 25
7.00 am on a Saturday folks. And he's on the Fishy, unable to sleep, needing to dump his nonsense onto the forum of a team he 'doesnt care about'.

Sad.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 114 - 134
ginnywings
June 24, 2023, 10:57am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,143
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from NorfolkImp

Nosey in that you’re not really on our radar anymore, and seeing as we are both 33/1 to win our respective divisions you won’t be for a while yet. Must be those rogue Nunsthorpe genes rearing their ugly head once more?

I did hear you were ‘massive’ again during your Cup run last season and watched the games v  Saints & Brighton reserves. It reminded me of The Imps under John Beck at times although I was pleased for Waterfall. He was another who had slipped my mind along with Big Keith (RIP) to wear both striped shirts with passion & pride.

Must be a fooking weak radar.

Last time I looked, you were mid table league 1.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 115 - 134
Bigdog
June 24, 2023, 11:02am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from ginnywings

Must be a fooking weak radar.

Last time I looked, you were mid table league 1.

And unsustainably chucking two or three mill in every season just to stay there..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 116 - 134
pen penfras
June 24, 2023, 7:19pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -126
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from Bigdog

And unsustainably chucking two or three mill in every season just to stay there..

Yet lots on here think Lincoln are the model we should follow
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 117 - 134
Mappers
June 24, 2023, 10:13pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.43
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,328
Gold Stars: 118
Quoted from pen penfras

Yet lots on here think Lincoln are the model we should follow

In reality if we get to league 1 we will have to be , unless the strategy led approach can harness big transfer fees, 2million investment + is required per season just to compete at around mid table and that's with getting pretty decent gates .

Burton ,Accrington , Morecambe  and Cambridge are one's you could take hope from who are truly 'break even ' clubs i guess and have managed to survive at league 1 for  periods , but realistically their aim every year is to come 5th from bottom . Great achievements with low crowds and budgets .
It will be interesting to see our approach when we do get there .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 118 - 134
GrimPol
June 24, 2023, 10:30pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +3 / -7
Approval: -674
Gold Stars: 69
Quoted from NorfolkImp

You sound like a NearManchester United fan living in the past. No coincidence that neither of you actually play football in the place you claim to represent? Both grounds falling to bits with dismal views, cramped seats and leaking roofs.

It’s called Lincolnshire for a reason, and considering you count Hull as your big derby game despite never playing them, that’s when you’re not bullying little Scunny, why didn’t you do everyone a favour and just stay in Humberside?

As I say, keep enjoying our cast offs, I remember the dross you used to send over to us (Bobby Cumming exempt obviously). Diddy Gilbert was a mouthy little thief btw, that’s why Murph got rid.

What's an Exile Imp doing on a CodHead site? LCFC are too boring for you, need to follow a proper club?  
Anyway, what's a Turnip Head doing in Carrot Crunching land?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 119 - 134
14 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Charles Vernam Returns

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.