June 23, 2023, 6:23pm
Live in Bucks born and bred in Grimsby.
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,280
Gold Stars: 36
Quoted from NorfolkImp

You sound like a NearManchester United fan living in the past. No coincidence that neither of you actually play football in the place you claim to represent? Both grounds falling to bits with dismal views, cramped seats and leaking roofs.

It’s called Lincolnshire for a reason, and considering you count Hull as your big derby game despite never playing them, that’s when you’re not bullying little Scunny, why didn’t you do everyone a favour and just stay in Humberside?

As I say, keep enjoying our cast offs, I remember the dross you used to send over to us (Bobby Cumming exempt obviously). Diddy Gilbert was a mouthy little thief btw, that’s why Murph got rid.

More fool you for accepting our dross!!

What a weird post!! #UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 100 - 134
mariner91
June 23, 2023, 6:24pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,651
Gold Stars: 261
Quoted from NorfolkImp

You sound like a NearManchester United fan living in the past. No coincidence that neither of you actually play football in the place you claim to represent? Both grounds falling to bits with dismal views, cramped seats and leaking roofs.

It’s called Lincolnshire for a reason, and considering you count Hull as your big derby game despite never playing them, that’s when you’re not bullying little Scunny, why didn’t you do everyone a favour and just stay in Humberside?

As I say, keep enjoying our cast offs, I remember the dross you used to send over to us (Bobby Cumming exempt obviously). Diddy Gilbert was a mouthy little thief btw, that’s why Murph got rid.

What an incredibly sad life.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 101 - 134
HatTrickHero
June 23, 2023, 6:40pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +779
Gold Stars: 25
You sound like a NearManchester United fan living in the past

F***ing Hell.   Says it all.

You don't even appreciate the God-like figure of Nigel Batch? I don't think you know anything about real football.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 102 - 134
Posh Harry
June 23, 2023, 6:50pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +4,361
Gold Stars: 35
Quoted from NorfolkImp

Firstly, Murphy, or murph as he must be your best buddy (although you have replaced him for pep), was an absolute loon and I wouldn’t trust, never mind understand, a word that came out of the idiots mouth.

Secondly, have you got anything to back up that accusation? Other wise I would be very careful what you put on a forum. Your name might not be on your profile to us, but your contact details are in the background and I would hope admin have a word at least when you put something like that in the public domain.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 103 - 134
grimsby pete
June 23, 2023, 7:05pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,797
Gold Stars: 222
One player does not get you promotion in fact 11 players don't either,

It's how good your squad is plus the way the manager used them.

I am happy we have both or we will have by the start of the pre season training .

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 104 - 134
Rodley Mariner
June 23, 2023, 7:15pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 177
Isn't this guy the oddball who used to post as Aryan Imp? Hopefully the name change is a reflection that he's changed his racist ways even if he is still a Tommy-Two-Teams.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 105 - 134
mariner91
June 23, 2023, 8:08pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,651
Gold Stars: 261
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
Isn't this guy the oddball who used to post as Aryan Imp? Hopefully the name change is a reflection that he's changed his racist ways even if he is still a Tommy-Two-Teams.

Correct. You’ll all remember him as the one who had a major tantrum about how shite Lincoln were and how he wasn’t going to go anymore. He wasn’t heard from for years until around January 2017 which seems rather a coincidence. Even now, with his team at their highest point in living memory (mid table L1 *snigger*) he still only comes on here when they win. Each time he comes on here, he  just gets angry and bitter as people point out that Lincoln have had far less success than us, that he’s a tw@t and that nobody gives a monkey’s for his opinion as he’s a two-team supporting turn coat who abandoned his side (or one of them at least) when they were at their lowest ebb. He then posts increasingly weird and aggressive posts until we don’t hear from him again for a few weeks. For a man who attempts to claim that Town are an irrelevance and no longer a rival of his massive club (unsure which one), he’s posted a staggering 2700 times on our forum including coming on here at 8pm on a Friday. What a fücking loser.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 106 - 134
Heisenberg
June 23, 2023, 8:17pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +5,047
Gold Stars: 93
Quoted from mariner91

Correct. You’ll all remember him as the one who had a major tantrum about how shite Lincoln were and how he wasn’t going to go anymore. He wasn’t heard from for years until around January 2017 which seems rather a coincidence. Even now, with his team at their highest point in living memory (mid table L1 *snigger*) he still only comes on here when they win. Each time he comes on here, he  just gets angry and bitter as people point out that Lincoln have had far less success than us, that he’s a tw@t and that nobody gives a monkey’s for his opinion as he’s a two-team supporting turn coat who abandoned his side (or one of them at least) when they were at their lowest ebb. He then posts increasingly weird and aggressive posts until we don’t hear from him again for a few weeks. For a man who attempts to claim that Town are an irrelevance and no longer a rival of his massive club (unsure which one), he’s posted a staggering 2700 times on our forum including coming on here at 8pm on a Friday. What a fücking loser.

Well, that’s put him in his place!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 107 - 134
NorfolkImp
June 23, 2023, 8:21pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +11 / -10
Approval: -519
Gold Stars: 11
Quoted from mariner91

Not really, I only came on for a nosey when I heard Vernam had re-signed and things have kind of escalated since.

I am a little concerned at the delight at which regulars on here are exuding towards harmless little Scunny though and their current plight, yet you have the temerity to call me a ‘loser’ ???

Private Message
Reply: 108 - 134
Posh Harry
June 23, 2023, 8:23pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +4,361
Gold Stars: 35
Quoted from NorfolkImp

Stealing lead off Holy Cross Church on Skelly Road .. it’s common knowledge round these parts. I saw his last ever game in a green Imps shirt at Craven Cottage in the promotion decider … I also saw him gleefully stick 2 fingers up to the away end after dispatching a pen for The Cobblers a few years later.

Thanks for the concern, but I deal in facts, not accusations.

Its ‘common knowledge’ is not facts. As for the 2 fingers, we’ll it’s only a third of what you have on each hand so I don’t blame him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 109 - 134
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Charles Vernam Returns

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.