Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Should England take the knee.?
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
DB and 11 Guests

Should England take the knee.?

This thread currently has 15,948 views. Print
21 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
BobbyCummingsTackle
June 7, 2021, 10:26pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,280
Gold Stars: 306
Quoted from TAGG

Because people are sick to death of others telling them that they are racist and being  told you have to conform with our opinion because its the only one.
Let people get on with there lives and enjoy football again.

At one time I would be proper excited about a big Tournament  involving England but now don't give a intercourse because its not now about football.

Mods
PLEASE STOP THIS THREAD AND PUT IT IN THE flipping BIN NOW.

Moderators: please do nothing of the sort. That would be suppressing free speech and open debate.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 100 - 209
lew chaterleys lover
June 7, 2021, 10:29pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,732
Gold Stars: 237
To have such a divisive issue just before a major tournament is a disaster. It was obvious that as soon as fans returned it would mean reality coming face to face with virtue signalling, because that is what it is. Fans won't put up with it - the sheer stupidity of kneeling before a game that achieves absolutely nothing (and has demonstrably made things worse) was bound to upset people inside the stadiums. I see some irresponsible journalists have written that those booing must be racists - how absurd is that?

Fans do not go to a game to be preached at; the vast, vast majority of fans would tell someone in authority if they heard any racism in a stadium so why the need for virtue signalling at games?  

A  re-think is needed before England's first game as this is threatening to overshadow the tournament. Fans know that the UK is one of the most racially diverse and welcoming countries on the planet, so will be quite rightly angered that they somehow need "reminding" before every game.

It's alright people saying to fans just ignore it; why should they? There are thousands of things that could be improved in life and people are passionate about, but football would lose fans hand over fist if we accommodated them all.
Private Message
Reply: 101 - 209
BobbyCummingsTackle
June 7, 2021, 10:34pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,280
Gold Stars: 306
To have such a divisive issue just before a major tournament is a disaster. It was obvious that as soon as fans returned it would mean reality coming face to face with virtue signalling, because that is what it is. Fans won't put up with it - the sheer stupidity of kneeling before a game that achieves absolutely nothing (and has demonstrably made things worse) was bound to upset people inside the stadiums. I see some irresponsible journalists have written that those booing must be racists - how absurd is that?

Fans do not go to a game to be preached at; the vast, vast majority of fans would tell someone in authority if they heard any racism in a stadium so why the need for virtue signalling at games?  

A  re-think is needed before England's first game as this is threatening to overshadow the tournament. Fans know that the UK is one of the most racially diverse and welcoming countries on the planet, so will be quite rightly angered that they somehow need "reminding" before every game.

It's alright people saying to fans just ignore it; why should they? There are thousands of things that could be improved in life and people are passionate about, but football would lose fans hand over fist if we accommodated them all.

God forbid that a football tournament should be "overshadowed" by people trying to be treated fairly, reasonably and equally.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 102 - 209
GrimRob
June 7, 2021, 10:37pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,420
Gold Stars: 113

Every tournament it's claimed that something is going to overshadow it. Remember the professional Russian hooligans and racist Eastern Europeans? Never happened. Terrorism? Never happened. Before that we had the English hooligans who were going to get us kicked out the tournament (the team always did it for them). People always remember the football.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 103 - 209
mariner91
June 7, 2021, 10:38pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,666
Gold Stars: 262
Quoted from pizzzza

At least we'd have a chance of winning it.

Southgate would still see to that.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 104 - 209
Chrisblor
June 7, 2021, 11:44pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,869
Gold Stars: 237
i'm very in favour of anything which riles up the worst posters on this message board so much, so yes, keep kneeling please

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 105 - 209
Mikey_345
June 7, 2021, 11:50pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +11 / -1
Approval: +5,383
Gold Stars: 106
Quoted from TAGG

Because people are sick to death of others telling them that they are racist and being  told you have to conform with our opinion because its the only one

That racism is a bad thing? Thought that was a pretty universally accepted. Appears not..

All Town aren’t we

@GTFCLondon

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 106 - 209
DB
June 8, 2021, 5:54am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.50
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,028
Gold Stars: 388
Quoted from darren9

We’re all supposing aren’t we? It’s what a forum is for. I appear to have upset you - it wasn’t my intention and if I have I’m
sorry.  

We appear to be on opposing sides of the debate but the debate should be civilised. If I have crossed a line then again, I apologise.

Thank you for your apology which is wholeheartedly accepted.

A gold star man.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 107 - 209
DB
June 8, 2021, 6:04am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.50
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,028
Gold Stars: 388
Quoted from GrimRob
Just out of interest, do the England cricket or rugby teams take the knee, or is it just a football thing?

I don't know about cricket and Rugby but in F1 all drivers took the knee when it started. Now only some drivers take the knee while others stand, just like in our league football games where some players take the knee and others no longer do it.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 108 - 209
aldi_01
June 8, 2021, 6:19am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from DB

I don't know about cricket and Rugby but in F1 all drivers took the knee when it started. Now only some drivers take the knee while others stand, just like in our league football games where some players take the knee and others no longer do it.

Yeh, I knew F1 definitely did it and then it became a choice for the drivers...which it fundamentally is for football. Some teams/players choose to do it. Ironically, the ones making the most noise about it are likely the so called patriotic types so the very players leading their team are indeed making that choice...

I guess it’s become a bit like the minted silence/clapping thing. Personally, apart from Remembrance Sunday/game closest, i much prefer a minutes applause but that doesn’t mean I boo or ignore the minutes silence, much like the national anthem. Remember when it seemed like every week some club or other clapped at a certain time for some fan/s ex player...if people didn’t want to they didn’t boo, they just didn’t join in.

Much like this, they’re not asking you to join in, they’re using their position to influence change and raise awareness, just because you, by you I mean the booers, don’t agree or it makes you feel uneasy doesn’t mean they can’t do that. They’re not asking you to take a knee but again, they/you cry for free speech etc...that’s exactly what they’re doing.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 109 - 209
21 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Should England take the knee.?

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.