Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Should England take the knee.?
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 7 Guests

Should England take the knee.?

This thread currently has 15,589 views. Print
21 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
aldi_01
June 6, 2021, 7:26pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
I mean if people are upset politics are in football then they must’ve had their head buried for a long time...

I don’t agree that our national anthem celebrates an unelected head of state, or that it doesn’t really celebrate the nation more a singular person but I don’t boo it.

Same as this, booing taking the knee is just childish and pointless...half the people booing would struggle to give a balanced reason as to why they are...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 209
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
June 6, 2021, 7:29pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.77
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +787
Gold Stars: 113
Football has done its bit. Yes it was iconic when they first did it. They all stood (knelt) together, but when is enough enough? If the FA/UEFA/PFA don't take a pedestal and say that's that, then this could go on for years.
If the problem is with those who boo when the knee is taken (whether that can be construed as racism or not) , they are the problem, and should be dealt with within the grounds. Every ground has CCTV so culprits should be recognised and dealt with if need be.

Personally I think it should be stopped. There can be so many other ways to get the message across, whatever that message is now.

What's going to be the next reason that football will try to throw their weight behind? The regular spats between Israel and the Gaza strip? The ongoing problem in the Yemen? The persecution of white farmers in South Africa?

Football should be concerned with keeping its own house in order before sticking their fingers in various pies that they have no real reasoning to be concerned with.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 209
ska face
June 6, 2021, 7:36pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.20
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,337
Gold Stars: 820
[Yet] another illuminating and fascinating thread on the subject which hasn’t been done to death on here with almost everyone involved showing their árse at some point over the last 18 months.
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 209
Mikey_345
June 6, 2021, 7:44pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +11 / -1
Approval: +5,254
Gold Stars: 95
It’s been clearly explained it’s not in support of any organisation. It is an anti racist and equality stance. If that’s what they want to do, well done them.

If people want to boo that, it’s a free country, but you have to ask - why are they?

But don’t Give it the “we’re boing a Marxist organisation” you’ve been told quite clearly that isnt what it’s about.

All Town aren’t we

@GTFCLondon

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 209
Rodley Mariner
June 6, 2021, 7:50pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,215
Gold Stars: 176
Be interesting to see a Venn diagram of people saying we should keep politics out of football and people who would sing no surrender at an England game.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 209
DB
June 6, 2021, 7:53pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.55
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,880
Gold Stars: 383
Quoted from ska face
[Yet] another illuminating and fascinating thread on the subject which hasn’t been done to death on here with almost everyone involved showing their árse at some point over the last 18 months.

It's amazing the thread was started way after the match started and players took the knee. A bit of an afterthought to get attention by someone!

As you say the subject has been well and truly debated on here and doesn't need resurrecting at all England games, or any other game come to that. Taking the knee is not going to go away for the time being so it's all a matter of individual choice as to whether you like it or not.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 209
fishboyUTM
June 6, 2021, 7:59pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,046
Gold Stars: 40
They can if they want, but fans can boo if they want as well. I'd rather they focussed on winning games and trying to win the Euros. Southgate could have helped in that respect by not dishing out caps like confetti and playing a consistent system with the best eleven over the last few games. Instead, he's played players that aren't even in the Euros squad. I've lost faith in him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 209
ska face
June 6, 2021, 8:06pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.20
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,337
Gold Stars: 820
Dignified.

Tweet 1401585153579831298 will appear here...
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 209
1mickylyons
June 6, 2021, 8:40pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,260
Gold Stars: 54
Quoted from aldi_01
I mean if people are upset politics are in football then they must’ve had their head buried for a long time...

I don’t agree that our national anthem celebrates an unelected head of state, or that it doesn’t really celebrate the nation more a singular person but I don’t boo it.

Same as this, booing taking the knee is just childish and pointless...half the people booing would struggle to give a balanced reason as to why they are...

Well half the people taking the knee would also struggle to give a balanced reason why they are taking the knee?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 209
1mickylyons
June 6, 2021, 8:46pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,260
Gold Stars: 54
Just to make my feelings clear if some racist wants to monkey chant at black players in 2021 I want to see them jailed and I will happily grab the twit by the neck and drag him to the nearest steward. However I personally don`t want to see players kneeling let alone on the 6th June a day when countless thousands of Englishmen died trying to rid Europe of Hitler. A better message could have been sent today surely?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 209
21 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Should England take the knee.?

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.