Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › council want to talk to Town about new stadium
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 344 Guests

council want to talk to Town about new stadium

This thread currently has 60,304 views. Print
53 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
DB
June 4, 2021, 3:41pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.49
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,998
Gold Stars: 386

I don't live in Grimsby so this is the first I've heard of this 'plan' and my immediate reaction was 'a road from Morrisons to the A180? What the f*ck do they want for, it's a road from nowhere to nowhere'. And it's not like the road's needed to ease massive congestion.

The route comes with new housing estates planed on one side, 2 land owners joining forces for the good of the community their bank account.

https://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/news/grimsby-news/petition-sparks-up-stop-3800-5448933

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 520
DB
June 4, 2021, 4:07pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.49
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,998
Gold Stars: 386
Quoted from diehardmariner
Is Blundell Park impossible to rebuild?

I fully appreciate there's going to be limitations but this was the line that was continually pushed out by the Fenty and his mob.  The new owners, especially AP, are experienced in regeneration as far as I'm aware and will have a far greater insight into what can and can't be done at Blundell Park.

Whatever happens, Blundell Park needs to be used more than just on matchdays.  The location and access to parking will be the biggest obstacle to that I'd imagine.  

The council can get copulated though.  Tired of their faux interest in the club.  That bloody palm tree sums them up.

I can remember in the late 70's - early 80's you had to get to BP at about 2pm to get parked up. Gates of around 10,000 were common. Location and parking in those days were not a problem and residents accepted it as part of living near BP.

Today is a different world, many want to park on the doorstep and can't be ar sed to walk more than 50 yds. My mate and I used to park on Queen Mary Ave or Park St if we could and walk to BP.

I agree with what you've said about BP being used more for nonfootball activities which of course would bring in more revenue which the club needs. I think our new owners are more in tune with this which will hopefully bring back the crowds to BP on match days.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 520
Yoda
June 4, 2021, 4:23pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / -20
Approval: -3,161
Gold Stars: 71
The council / engie are great at getting funding look at all the new work in Town, Toll Bar, Littlecoats Road, A18 widening, St James Church, New Bridge over the Treshney, upgraded estate road 2, immingham business park., Laceby A180 link road, Cleethorpes sea front all government funded they could get serious funding for a new stadium.
After all Boris is a town fan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 520
Yoda
June 4, 2021, 4:25pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / -20
Approval: -3,161
Gold Stars: 71
If has to be on the docks train station there and tied in with a marina extension bars flats and new business opportunities.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 520
moosey_club
June 4, 2021, 6:05pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,244
Gold Stars: 226
I wouldn't talk to that useless scheming cover up toss pot at all if they could help it,  they have the funding opportunities but are squandering it hand over fist.
The Palm Tree......not going to happen now as they have over spent elsewhere, they already have spent and installed the granite/marble markers every 100m or so down the length of the prom leading you to the palm tree site, they will now have to come up.....useless tw@ts.....they even laid them at the wrong distances so would have to have been changed....
The wrong materials being specified on the new seafront furniture....
Top town,i am reliably informed that the Garth Lane development is already way over budget and there is hardly anything showing as yet.....
The town centre development with cinema and open air food village ya de yada going back to the drawing board....
The biggest potential pot of money this town is ever likely to see and it's being wasted away by useless people like Jackson who just dont have a clue. ......should we be surprised when we consider who up until not long ago was the portfolio holder for regeneration ??

I have also heard a whisper that the council may consider a large allotment site not a million miles from b.p could be offered for the location of a new training ground/ complex.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 520
jamesgtfc
June 4, 2021, 8:37pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,955
Gold Stars: 190
I'm glad the idea of remaining at BP is on the agenda. Fenty shot me down at a Fans Forum when I suggested it. There is loads of parking a short walk away (Ramsdens, Docks etc).

If you could extend the Findus to cover the length of the pitch and redevelop the Main Stand and Osmond to also go full length but maintaining its small height you should get to 11-12k I would have thought.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 520
TAGG
June 4, 2021, 8:55pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,962
Gold Stars: 124
Develop BP, I know this could only be limited but pull down the main and osmond and rebuild tadge up the other bits.
If it ever comes to moving on then it has to be an in Town stadium.
Never ever ever a soulless excrement house out of Town.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 520
TAGG
June 4, 2021, 8:56pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,962
Gold Stars: 124
Develop BP, I know this could only be limited but pull down the main and osmond and rebuild tadge up the other bits.
If it ever comes to moving on then it has to be an in Town stadium.
Never ever ever a soulless excrement house out of Town.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 520
MarinerDevil
June 4, 2021, 9:06pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +2,739
Gold Stars: 80
BP is a shadow of its former self and desperately needs some investment if we're staying for another 5 years (which we definitely are).  Its big open corners create a very windy, soulless atmosphere.  Filling them in with something would go some way to improving the experience and be a worthwhile short-term investment.

That being said, a new stadium will be needed at some point.  Can't see a full redevelopment of BP being feasible and its location isn't great.  If we want a modern club which can attract new fans in 10/20 years' time, new facilities are a must.  I understand that recent plans have been a waste of resources and there should be other priorities right now, but I don't think we can pretend that BP will ever be suitable for the club we hope to be.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 520
Withnail
June 4, 2021, 9:13pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,453
Gold Stars: 36
Quoted from oochiad
Your not the only one Horsforthmariner, I want to stay put also for the time being........we need to sort lots of other stuff out first......

Me too. A soulless identikit stadium can wait. If it's an out of town soulless identikit stadium it can wait forever.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 520
53 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › council want to talk to Town about new stadium

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.