Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › council want to talk to Town about new stadium
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 365 Guests

council want to talk to Town about new stadium

This thread currently has 59,787 views. Print
53 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
monkeyboy
June 5, 2021, 4:35pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -174
Gold Stars: 26
Just tear everything down between corpo Rd and the a180 and job done.
Loads of room and great transport links. Sod east marsh area it’s had its chance to better itself.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 520
denni266
June 5, 2021, 8:18pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.82
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +635
Gold Stars: 129
Wonder where fenty will wiggle in , Dont believe for one minute he wont worm his way in to somethingto do with this regen thing
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 520
Limerick Mariner
June 5, 2021, 9:56pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.55
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,553
Gold Stars: 131
Quoted from GollyGTFC

Why do some people insist that a new stadium for Grimsby Town is a "pipe dream" or that "how to fund it" is some massive unanswered conundrum?

Arsenal
Brentford
Brighton & Hove Albion
Leicester City
Manchester City
Southampton
Tottenham Hotspur
West Ham United
AFC Bournemouth
Cardiff City
Coventry City
Derby County
Huddersfield Town
Hull City
Middlesbrough
Millwall
Reading
Stoke City
Swansea City
AFC Wimbledon
Bolton Wanderers
Burton Albion
Doncaster Rovers
Milton Keynes Dons
Morecambe
Oxford United
Rotherham United
Shrewsbury Town
Sunderland
Wigan Athletic
Colchester United
Forest Green Rovers
Northampyton Town
Scunthorpe United
Walsall
Barnet
Chesterfield
Yeovil Town
AFC Fylde
AFC Telford United
Boston United
Chester
York City
Maidstone United

At least 44 new football stadiums built in England in my lifetime that are EFL standard (45 if you count Darlington). And then there are Rugby-only stadiums that have been built in that time like Salford, St Helens, Warrington, Widnes & Leigh. And then there are the countless other clubs who have totally rebuilt their grounds in that era too (Preston North End, Leeds Rhinos etc...)

If building a new stadium is a pipe dream and how to fund one such a problem, how have the 50 new stadia I have listed above been built?

Turf Moor and St James' Park (Newcastle) are the two best rebuild in situ jobs - both are right in the heart of town / city. For rugby Welford Road has been 3/4 rebuilt also right in the middle of the city. It makes match-day special - all the fans in the centre. Same with national stadia - Millenium and Lansdown so much better match-day experiences than Wembley or Twickenham. Freemo for me.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 520
WOZOFGRIMSBY
June 5, 2021, 11:04pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,759
Gold Stars: 177
Quoted from Limerick Mariner

Turf Moor and St James' Park (Newcastle) are the two best rebuild in situ jobs - both are right in the heart of town / city. For rugby Welford Road has been 3/4 rebuilt also right in the middle of the city. It makes match-day special - all the fans in the centre. Same with national stadia - Millenium and Lansdown so much better match-day experiences than Wembley or Twickenham. Freemo for me.

Welford rd Is still not a patch on kingsholm though 😉

He’s one of our loans
He’s one of our loans
Harvey Cartwright
He’s one of our loans
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 520
1mickylyons
June 5, 2021, 11:09pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,261
Gold Stars: 54
Quoted from denni266
Wonder where fenty will wiggle in , Dont believe for one minute he wont worm his way in to somethingto do with this regen thing

Have you not read Denni his palm tree aint happening
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 520
Limerick Mariner
June 5, 2021, 11:34pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.55
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,553
Gold Stars: 131
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

Welford rd Is still not a patch on kingsholm though 😉

If we could have a new stadium at Freemo with a terrace like the Shed down one side I'd be delighted, with the "Mariners" sung as loud as "Glawster"...

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 520
denni266
June 6, 2021, 7:58am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.82
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +635
Gold Stars: 129
Quoted from 1mickylyons

Lol Thought that was for his front lawn  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 520
GollyGTFC
June 6, 2021, 9:43am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,926
Gold Stars: 347

Turf Moor has 2 old stands that haven’t been rebuilt post-Taylor Report & Newcastle only rebuilt 3 stands and the bottom tier of the 4th stand.

And I don’t think Freeman Street is a suitable location for the stadium. The site is far better suited to some modern social housing in keeping with the residential properties that neighbour the site.

As someone who’s never lived in Grimsby and is always a visitor to the town, I think the Fish Dock 3 site is perfect especially with a redeveloped Ice House next door.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 67 - 520
WOZOFGRIMSBY
June 6, 2021, 11:17am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,759
Gold Stars: 177

If we could have a new stadium at Freemo with a terrace like the Shed down one side I'd be delighted, with the "Mariners" sung as loud as "Glawster"...

Been fortunate to have had many an afternoon/evening on ‘the shed’. For me, and slightly biased about it, no ground in rugby comes close to it for atmosphere

He’s one of our loans
He’s one of our loans
Harvey Cartwright
He’s one of our loans
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 520
Kris2
June 6, 2021, 12:12pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,617
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from 1mickylyons

Only Fenty could spend that money on something so gaudy.  

Don't have much faith the money will be spent on anything Cleethorpes actually needs either way, I'm sure they'll take 600k and splash it on light shows and other dumb showy things like "modern art sculptures" and murals that don't add anything to the resort. If they want to improve tourism how about spending money on attractions, maybe get rid of the 100 year old attractions on the beach and build something new for people to enjoy. Not spend the money on stupid art projects that nobody cares about.

Private Message
Reply: 69 - 520
53 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › council want to talk to Town about new stadium

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.