Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › council want to talk to Town about new stadium
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 338 Guests

council want to talk to Town about new stadium

This thread currently has 59,793 views. Print
53 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
mimma
June 3, 2021, 11:17pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,545
Gold Stars: 78
Now that the elections are out of the way, the council want to talk with the new owners to see what their ideas are on a new community stadium.

It's mentioned at the bottom of this article about scrapping the white palm tree..

https://www.grimsbytelegraph.c.....olRvp10aRiaWK9nxJLk4

They sound quite keen to include a stadium in their plans for regeneration of Cleethorpes.
Logged Offline
Private Message
ska face
June 4, 2021, 2:20am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,372
Gold Stars: 824
Sounds like he’s said a whole heap of fúck all to me.

Now that we have new owners for the club and we’ve got the local elections out of the way, we’re going to need to have early discussions to see what their thinking might be," Councillor Jackson said.

“I would be keen to progress a new football stadium if the willingness is there from the club.

“Of course, any new stadium would be a community stadium for a broad range of uses.”

They want to have a meeting to see what the new board might be thinking (before informing the club what their new stadium would, of course, be). Not sure they’re in any position to start lecturing the club on what the stadium would be, unless the Council are part funding it. As to whether Cllr Jackson is keen or not, it’s immaterial given that there’s a long standing policy commitment to relocating the club.

Perhaps he should stick to arranging the sandwiches for meetings with convicted fraudsters?
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 520
DB
June 4, 2021, 4:04am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.55
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,880
Gold Stars: 383
I was under the impression that as far as the new board is concerned a new stadium is on the back burner for the time being. The council has the land at Freemo and doesn't know what to do with it if Town doesn't want it. Or given the GT's report last week of a proposed new development from Great Coates Rd./A1136 junction to A46 are they thinking of a new ground on the outskirts of town near to Morrisons.

Or does the council leader want to expunge all ideas from his ex-best buddy?

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 520
aldi_01
June 4, 2021, 7:41am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from DB
I was under the impression that as far as the new board is concerned a new stadium is on the back burner for the time being. The council has the land at Freemo and doesn't know what to do with it if Town doesn't want it. Or given the GT's report last week of a proposed new development from Great Coates Rd./A1136 junction to A46 are they thinking of a new ground on the outskirts of town near to Morrisons.

Did his ex best buddy have any ideas?

Let’s face it, had it not been exposed I’d imagine Jackson would be sending over council money in to the dodgy bank accounts of Mr May by now, on projects that would never have truly come to fruition.

Does Jackson want to really speak with the club or is he just trying to demonstrate he no longer has ties or allegiance to his old mate? Are you now at a point where he probably needs the club to redevelop than the club needs the council?

He clearly hasn’t read or listened to the new owners; they’ve made it clear on a couple of occasions that unless truly necessary they will not be wasting money chasing a dream on a vanity project...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 520
Mrbump53
June 4, 2021, 8:37am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: +335
Gold Stars: 11
Council are still keen to use Freeman Street area or the Docks so they can get their hands on regeneration funding. They do not want to fund the stadium but won't be able to attract other funding unless the stadium is built in these areas. They don't have all the land required for the Freeman Street area and would have to compulsory purchase peoples homes so they can be demolished.

The council are only in it for themselves and are not that concerned with the football club (even though they profess to be) and this is evident by their constant interfering and requiring three separate reports on possible areas and then ignoring the results because the most suitable location is not where they want it.

The consortium should decide which location is best for the club and fans not which is best for the council. If the council object and block any planning application then it can be appealed and it goes to a government official to decide and if the council lose they have to pay the costs.

As already stated the new stadium is not a priority at the moment and so the council should be told to butt out and stop speculating. GTFC will determine when it wants to move forward and not be forced into diverting resources at this point.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 520
aldi_01
June 4, 2021, 8:44am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from Mrbump53
Council are still keen to use Freeman Street area or the Docks so they can get their hands on regeneration funding. They do not want to fund the stadium but won't be able to attract other funding unless the stadium is built in these areas. They don't have all the land required for the Freeman Street area and would have to compulsory purchase peoples homes so they can be demolished.

The council are only in it for themselves and are not that concerned with the football club (even though they profess to be) and this is evident by their constant interfering and requiring three separate reports on possible areas and then ignoring the results because the most suitable location is not where they want it.

The consortium should decide which location is best for the club and fans not which is best for the council. If the council object and block any planning application then it can be appealed and it goes to a government official to decide and if the council lose they have to pay the costs.

As already stated the new stadium is not a priority at the moment and so the council should be told to butt out and stop speculating. GTFC will determine when it wants to move forward and not be forced into diverting resources at this point.

Sounds familiar to the now ex owner of our beloved club...in it for himself and not the club...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 520
KingstonMariner
June 4, 2021, 8:50am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from aldi_01

Sounds familiar to the now ex owner of our beloved club...in it for himself and not the club...

At one time I would have disagreed with you but now he’s walked away with a profit from the club after years and years of failure, I concede you are right.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 520
golfer
June 4, 2021, 9:07am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,375
Gold Stars: 112
Quoted from DB

Can't use the Morrisons site because there is a 1 in 4 gradient and the ball would keep going in that pond
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 520
Simon
June 4, 2021, 9:28am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Approval: +259
Gold Stars: 32
Quoted from golfer

Can't use the Morrisons site because there is a 1 in 4 gradient and the ball would keep going in that pond

Best post on this site for weeks  

All Town aren't we ..... UTM  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 520
Brazilnut
June 4, 2021, 10:34am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.27
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +978
Gold Stars: 30
Quoted from Mrbump53

Can we call them a Consortium now there is only 2  should it be co-owners  or partnership  ????   just a random question

<*(((><

Town have given me some of my highest highs and my lowest lows ........ God it is like a marriage
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 520
53 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › council want to talk to Town about new stadium

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.