Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › council want to talk to Town about new stadium
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 236 Guests

council want to talk to Town about new stadium

This thread currently has 60,305 views. Print
53 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
GollyGTFC
June 5, 2021, 9:55am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,977
Gold Stars: 356
Quoted from aldi_01

I don’t think folk would disagree but instead of chasing a pipe dream with literally no idea how to fund it or just spunking club cash up the wall, the new owners will be much more calculated and cautious. They haven’t put a time frame on anything and I suspect they’d be interested in a centrally located stadium rather than some uninspiring out of town type place...

Why do some people insist that a new stadium for Grimsby Town is a "pipe dream" or that "how to fund it" is some massive unanswered conundrum?

Arsenal
Brentford
Brighton & Hove Albion
Leicester City
Manchester City
Southampton
Tottenham Hotspur
West Ham United
AFC Bournemouth
Cardiff City
Coventry City
Derby County
Huddersfield Town
Hull City
Middlesbrough
Millwall
Reading
Stoke City
Swansea City
AFC Wimbledon
Bolton Wanderers
Burton Albion
Doncaster Rovers
Milton Keynes Dons
Morecambe
Oxford United
Rotherham United
Shrewsbury Town
Sunderland
Wigan Athletic
Colchester United
Forest Green Rovers
Northampyton Town
Scunthorpe United
Walsall
Barnet
Chesterfield
Yeovil Town
AFC Fylde
AFC Telford United
Boston United
Chester
York City
Maidstone United

At least 44 new football stadiums built in England in my lifetime that are EFL standard (45 if you count Darlington). And then there are Rugby-only stadiums that have been built in that time like Salford, St Helens, Warrington, Widnes & Leigh. And then there are the countless other clubs who have totally rebuilt their grounds in that era too (Preston North End, Leeds Rhinos etc...)

If building a new stadium is a pipe dream and how to fund one such a problem, how have the 50 new stadia I have listed above been built?
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 50 - 520
aldi_01
June 5, 2021, 10:15am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from GollyGTFC

Why do some people insist that a new stadium for Grimsby Town is a "pipe dream" or that "how to fund it" is some massive unanswered conundrum?

Arsenal
Brentford
Brighton & Hove Albion
Leicester City
Manchester City
Southampton
Tottenham Hotspur
West Ham United
AFC Bournemouth
Cardiff City
Coventry City
Derby County
Huddersfield Town
Hull City
Middlesbrough
Millwall
Reading
Stoke City
Swansea City
AFC Wimbledon
Bolton Wanderers
Burton Albion
Doncaster Rovers
Milton Keynes Dons
Morecambe
Oxford United
Rotherham United
Shrewsbury Town
Sunderland
Wigan Athletic
Colchester United
Forest Green Rovers
Northampyton Town
Scunthorpe United
Walsall
Barnet
Chesterfield
Yeovil Town
AFC Fylde
AFC Telford United
Boston United
Chester
York City
Maidstone United

At least 44 new football stadiums built in England in my lifetime that are EFL standard (45 if you count Darlington). And then there are Rugby-only stadiums that have been built in that time like Salford, St Helens, Warrington, Widnes & Leigh. And then there are the countless other clubs who have totally rebuilt their grounds in that era too (Preston North End, Leeds Rhinos etc...)

If building a new stadium is a pipe dream and how to fund one such a problem, how have the 50 new stadia I have listed above been built?

I don’t think it’s a pipe dream...not with these guys anyway. I mean the previous incumbents who literally had zero idea of what they were doing...it never got beyond a Roy of the rovers drawing in the telewag.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 520
WOZOFGRIMSBY
June 5, 2021, 11:32am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,816
Gold Stars: 178
Agree with those that have put about throwing money at BP, I personally see this as wasted money. But if all you can afford is a mk2 astra, then make the most of it until the option to upgrade to an 80k motor is viable.

Out of town, for me, doesn’t work. It’s probably the cheaper option, but at the detriment and expense of the fans. There’s something heartwarming about a ground in the heart of the community and being able to walk or drive past it day or night. Seeing the floodlights always gave me a feeling of excitement that can’t be replaced anywhere. In fact, it still does.

Am sure that AP and JS know what they are doing and won’t jeopardise the club when in all fairness, a new ground isn’t a priority. YET!

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 520
KingstonMariner
June 5, 2021, 12:28pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY
Agree with those that have put about throwing money at BP, I personally see this as wasted money. But if all you can afford is a mk2 astra, then make the most of it until the option to upgrade to an 80k motor is viable.

Out of town, for me, doesn’t work. It’s probably the cheaper option, but at the detriment and expense of the fans. There’s something heartwarming about a ground in the heart of the community and being able to walk or drive past it day or night. Seeing the floodlights always gave me a feeling of excitement that can’t be replaced anywhere. In fact, it still does.

Am sure that AP and JS know what they are doing and won’t jeopardise the club when in all fairness, a new ground isn’t a priority. YET!

Some b*st*rd will only scratch it.

The Astra will get scratched as well but it obviously isn’t as important.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 520
Sigone
June 5, 2021, 2:57pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +12 / -4
Approval: +1,615
Gold Stars: 5
The council need to acquire the land the other side of the railway tracks..build a car park for the yorkies in the summer..this will produce a footfall at the "dead end" of the seafront and businesses will soon follow(not some stupid palm tree)..in the winter in could be reserved for town on match days.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 520
BobbyCummingsTackle
June 5, 2021, 3:04pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,267
Gold Stars: 295
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

I'm not sure that BP is at "the heart of the community". Surely that's Freeman St or Saint Peter's Ave or somewhere near the River Head or the docks.

When I walk to BP from the direction of Grimsby I don't get a warm and fuzzy moment when I see the lights, I worry I'm going to get mugged and will my car have been torched when I get back to it.

There's a lot of rose tinted specs on here.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 520
aldi_01
June 5, 2021, 3:05pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473

I'm not sure that BP is at "the heart of the community". Surely that's Freeman St or Saint Peter's Ave or somewhere near the River Head or the docks.

When I walk to BP from the direction of Grimsby I don't get a warm and fuzzy moment when I see the lights, I worry I'm going to get mugged and will my car have been torched when I get back to it.

There's a lot of rose tinted specs on here.

Extreme...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 520
Barrattstander
June 5, 2021, 4:06pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +7 / -1
Approval: +876
Gold Stars: 14

You need to stop parking on Rutland Street.

62 Seasons following the Mariners from the Barrett Stand side.(apart from 2020-21)
[img]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DL2SD1UW4AAfaOx.jpg[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 520
KingstonMariner
June 5, 2021, 4:09pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Or he needs to approach the ground from the Cleethorpes side. Us Meggies are much more civilised 😉

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 520
WOZOFGRIMSBY
June 5, 2021, 4:20pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,816
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from KingstonMariner
Or he needs to approach the ground from the Cleethorpes side. Us Meggies are much more civilised 😉

More than often I would be ( more often than not after one or two sherbets! Ok seven or eight)

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 520
53 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › council want to talk to Town about new stadium

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.