Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Covid vaccine
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
grimsby pete and 5 Guests

Covid vaccine

This thread currently has 24,497 views. Print
49 Pages Prev ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Stadium
August 16, 2021, 6:58pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,926
Gold Stars: 19
That Ferguson fella! Did he get the job by mistake, a bit like the chap Guy Goma who was interviewed on Newsnight that time when he attended a job interview but was interviewed live on TV  as a "technology expert?"  

"We won't have any more lockdowns..." Unless things get worse!!"

Well, go to the bottom of our stairs for that most far-reaching analysis known to man.

I am not walking the dogs tonight because it's raining. Unless it stops, obviously.

Hold the front page ,he's back !!!

A "large" wave of coronavirus cases could hit Britain come autumn, with as many as 1,000 people admitted to hospital each day, according to Professor Neil Ferguson.

The infectious disease modeller, dubbed "Professor lockdown", told BBC Radio 4 that current case rates - which have "plateaued" at around 30,000 a day - are "sobering" as we head towards September, when schools will reopen and people head back to the office.

"We still have the potential of quite a large wave of infection in September, October," he warned, though he suggested that the UK is "unlikely" to see as many deaths as in January thanks to the vaccine rollout.

"The real question... is what does that do to NHS demand and admissions to hospitals?" Prof Ferguson said.

"And in the worst-case scenarios we could be getting, probably not up to January levels, but still at levels of well over 1,000 admissions per day potentially. Which does stress the health system and we already have very long backlogs in the health system - any stress on it is is challenging."

His comments came after rules were eased so fully-vaccinated adults will no longer have to isolate if they come into contact with someone who has tested positive for Covid-19, a change some have welcomed as  "another step back towards normality".

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 360 - 487
Maringer
August 16, 2021, 11:04pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,628
Gold Stars: 185
School is out, which has been a big factor in the cases halving from the 60,000 we were seeing a month ago. Unfortunately, numbers have recently plateaued rather than continuing to fall further. The dropping of restrictions last month seems to have been pretty much balanced out by kids being out of school. At least it is giving those aged 16 and above the chance to get some protection from the vaccines, even if the younger pupils aren't so lucky.

If you remember the big surge in infection which last September (daily cases increased six-fold that month and this before the more infectious variant now called Alpha developed), you should realise we've still got a lot to be worried about. Especially when you consider that we currently have 30 times the daily cases of this point last year (and slowly rising), 10 times the hospitalisations (and slowly rising) and 10 times the deaths (and slowly rising). All with the Delta variant which is approximately 2.5 times as infectious as the variant in circulation last September.

With mitigations in schools being all but dropped come September plus adults and under-18s no longer being required to isolate after contact with confirmed cases, it seems government policy is to deliberately get as many children infected as possible before winter comes. Given that the hospitals are under huge pressure even now, it is a massive gamble. Around 1 in 200 confirmed cases (so mostly symptomatic ones - some will be asymptomatic or have very mild infection) in children are requiring hospitalisation at present. With approximately 9 million kids in under the age of 16 in school in September, most of whom won't have any protection against the virus from prior infection, that's potentially a lot of kids in hospital this autumn/winter.

Given that protection against symptomatic infection with Delta appears to be around 50% for the fully vaccinated, that's a lot of other people who are going to catch it as it spreads throughout the community.

Ferguson seems likely to be correct about this one and I can't see anything which is going to stop the spread really taking off once again in September. In fact, with the dropping of many isolation requirements from today, I'd be surprised if it wasn't well on the way upwards by the end of this month.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 361 - 487
DB
August 17, 2021, 6:07am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.47
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,042
Gold Stars: 390
Some say that covid will continue like the flu over decades to come. Given this and that although it does affect the under, say, 30's but not kill them like the elderly I wondered if they should have the jab now.

My reasoning is simple in that the young will grow old one day. If they are inoculated now then their bodies should be protected for later on in life. Incidentally, it amazes me how the anti-vax brigade who now have covid and are dying all say they wish they'd had the jab.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 362 - 487
aldi_01
August 17, 2021, 6:35am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from DB
Some say that covid will continue like the flu over decades to come. Given this and that although it does affect the under, say, 30's but not kill them like the elderly I wondered if they should have the jab now.

My reasoning is simple in that the young will grow old one day. If they are inoculated now then their bodies should be protected for later on in life. Incidentally, it amazes me how the anti-vax brigade who now have covid and are dying all say they wish they'd had the jab.

The last sentence is questionable, they did prove that a number of those who didn’t have the vaccine and then ‘caught Covid’ claiming they should’ve had the jab were indeed actors…it’s like a emotional blackmail approach, utter nonsense and quite unsavoury really.

It should always be about choice and I’d someone does or doesn’t have it, neither should be made an example.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 363 - 487
codcheeky
August 17, 2021, 7:07am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +1,251
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from aldi_01

The last sentence is questionable, they did prove that a number of those who didn’t have the vaccine and then ‘caught Covid’ claiming they should’ve had the jab were indeed actors…it’s like a emotional blackmail approach, utter nonsense and quite unsavoury really.

It should always be about choice and I’d someone does or doesn’t have it, neither should be made an example.

Is there a link to a news site where “they” proved these who died are supposedly actors ?  First I have heard of this
Private Message
Reply: 364 - 487
aldi_01
August 17, 2021, 7:54am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from codcheeky

Is there a link to a news site where “they” proved these who died are supposedly actors ?  First I have heard of this

Saw a few articles on social media from legitimate sources, can’t be arsed to find them now. It’s out there is people want to find it. It’s something that’s been done before…surely folk know about crisis actors etc?

The point is more that trotting out these alleged emotive stories of people allegedly on their death bed claiming they should’ve had a vaccine are tiresome…

Anyway; this thread can be closed now. Covid is done, terrorism in the Middle East is back…the west has a new focus…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 365 - 487
codcheeky
August 17, 2021, 9:35am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +1,251
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from aldi_01

Saw a few articles on social media from legitimate sources, can’t be arsed to find them now. It’s out there is people want to find it. It’s something that’s been done before…surely folk know about crisis actors etc?

The point is more that trotting out these alleged emotive stories of people allegedly on their death bed claiming they should’ve had a vaccine are tiresome…

Anyway; this thread can be closed now. Covid is done, terrorism in the Middle East is back…the west has a new focus…

Legitimate sources and social media do not always spring to mind as a verification of hard facts.  We all have our own view of the virus, the vaccine and policy and it’s effects. Sometimes the internet is fantastic for conformation bias .
I would tend to think anyone sensible would admit to regretting not taking something that could if not would have saved their life.
I wish the vaccine had been available earlier and then maybe my Grandmother would still be alive. If you have not been affected in a tragic way personally it is a lot easier to play down the devastation this virus has cased and still is causing. There have been an average of  over a hundred deaths a day from it in the last week COVID is not “done” as you put it
Private Message
Reply: 366 - 487
Humbercod
August 17, 2021, 12:02pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: -3,487
Gold Stars: 82
So the person that consistently spouts the Government line (which keeps getting it wrong) is back saying we’re lucky the case numbers are low because the kids are out of school! The ones over 16 are the lucky ones, but the younger ones aren’t!… are my eyes deceiving me or have I just read that correctly???

It’s funny how he didn’t factor in the kids when he was predicting - 100,000s+ cases on here. The truth is the kids are just a convenient excuse, when the kids were in school we were being told they were super spreaders yet the school teachers were not at a higher risk than the rest of the general public according to the ONS.

I can’t believe he’s spinning younger children are ‘unlucky’ because they’ve not had the jabs, when healthy children are not at serious risk from covid. But looking at some latest stats from USA we can see their is a risk when taking these vaccines and this is before they start on the younger ones-
https://childrenshealthdefense.....-including-children/
So a quick snap shot shows pfizer over 2000 AE’s with 7 deaths, 166 myocarditis, Moderna - 91 AE’s with 2deaths, I could also argue how many adverse reactions don’t actually get reported, with some reports reading only as little as 1- 10%. Like I’ve said before 1 death is to many, I have to ask what kind of parent would play Russian roulette with their children’s lives like this!

As for cases they will comes down when they change the hospital reporting rules as we already know at least half are testing positive whilst at the hospital after being admitted with other things, If the dodgy PCR test being scrapped in USA has to be used then only on the symptomatic.

He’s still quoting Ferguson again about next month so things should be calming down a bit 😂

The genuine case increase will happen when the autumn flu season really kicks in usually Dec-March, I think this is pretty much universal, the hospitals will then be full of vaccinated patients and this is when things will get really interesting with lots of finger pointing no doubt..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 367 - 487
Humbercod
August 17, 2021, 12:25pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: -3,487
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from DB

1. You do know that these Jabs don’t give full of lasting protection, jabs will need to be continued for a lifetime with your logic.
2. Who are all these  anti - vaxers dying wishing they’d had the jab?

There was one local man (not sure if he was an anti-vaxer) whom was reported to be in poor health.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 368 - 487
DB
August 17, 2021, 4:25pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.47
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,042
Gold Stars: 390
Quoted from Humbercod

1. You do know that these Jabs don’t give full of lasting protection, jabs will need to be continued for a lifetime with your logic.
2. Who are all these  anti - vaxers dying wishing they’d had the jab?

There was one local man (not sure if he was an anti-vaxer) whom was reported to be in poor health.

1. Yes I do know this and look forward to my next along with my annual flu jab.
2. Read in the Daily Press a few weeks ago.

I also read that they (cannot remember who) are supposed to be working on a new lifetime jab.  My main concern though is that while the young people should not die of covid now, they might when they get older if they get covid. I think it is better to be safe than sorry.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 369 - 487
49 Pages Prev ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Covid vaccine

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.