Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Covid vaccine
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 23 Guests

Covid vaccine

This thread currently has 24,333 views. Print
49 Pages Prev ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... Next All Recommend Thread
aldi_01
July 20, 2021, 12:45pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Colleague contacted me earlier to ask why someone from the council knocked on her door to ask if she was isolating…she doesn’t have the app, nor have we provided any information…

A million school kids out of school last week and not even close to 50k cases by all accounts. Literally out of control. Stop the app, open up and crack on…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 310 - 487
Maringer
July 20, 2021, 12:51pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,485
Gold Stars: 185
Quoted from aldi_01
Stop the app, open up and crack on…

...and watch the NHS collapse.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 311 - 487
Maringer
July 20, 2021, 12:58pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from cmackenzie4
I’ve just been informed my daughter has tested positive for coronavirus and is poorly with it, what is the situation with isolation (with Sophie living with me) is it still for 10 days or has that been reduced if I can prove negative myself, I’ve had my jabs and I feel fine with no symptoms, I’m not sure what the situation is so would be grateful of any advice.

Thanks in advance

Chris

Sorry to hear the news. Stadium has linked the isolation information and it's a right pain in the neck, but has to be done. Helps if the weather is good and you have a garden to spend time in.

I'd suggest, if possible, your daughter keeps well away from the rest of the household. If it is possible for her to isolate in a single room (other than visiting the bathroom), then it is worth trying that. Good ventilation helps so keep the windows open as much as possible. Wear masks if you're taking her food or she needs to be looked after. Try to use different bathrooms/toilets (if possible). The virus is airborne so if you can avoid going in the same room as your daughter for some time after she's been there and make sure the windows are open so the air in the room can turnover more quickly.

Obviously, a lot depends on your living situation and how much room you've got available. Hope all are well in a week or two.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 312 - 487
aldi_01
July 20, 2021, 1:05pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Maringer

...and watch the NHS collapse.

They could redirect some of the billions wasted on that godforsaken app…or perhaps the tories are happy with its collapse…

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 313 - 487
Maringer
July 20, 2021, 2:16pm
Barley Wine Drinker
The billions wasn't wasted on the app, you pillock. Billions was wasted on an incompetent test and trace system, of which the app is a miniscule part. The app probably cost tens of millions to design, rollout and keep operational. The tracing is not much use thanks to the outsourcing and the inept design, but most of the expense is on the testing setup which is extremely expensive (including billions spent on the lateral flow tests which aren't very good in comparison to others available), and especially expensive because we're having so many infections and therefore so many tests. We're going to be beyond our testing capacity in a week or so, despite the vast amount invested in it. All because of the ineptitude of the government in handling the pandemic.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 314 - 487
Nelly GTFC
July 20, 2021, 9:21pm
'Usually Positive'
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +2,734
Gold Stars: 31

Recent data studies showing efficacy of these vaccines against the Delta variant.

Symptomatic infection prevention rates, hospitalization prevention rates.

According to Johnson & Johnson, immunity gets stronger and stronger even upto 8-months after your jab.

References can by found in the links below the YouTube video.
__________________________________________________________________________________________

References can by found in the links below the YouTube video:

5 Things To Know About the Delta Variant (Yale Medicine) | https://www.yalemedicine.org/news/5-things-to-know-delta-variant-covid

REACT-1 round 12 report: resurgence of SARS-CoV-2 infections in England associated with increased frequency of the Delta variant (Imperial College) | https://spiral.imperial.ac.uk/bitstream/10044/1/89629/10/react1_r12_preprint_final.pdf

SARS-CoV-2 Delta VOC in Scotland: demographics, risk of hospital admission, and vaccine effectiveness (The Lancet) | https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(21)01358-1/fulltext

Vaccines highly effective against B.1.617.2 variant after 2 doses (GOV.UK) | https://www.gov.uk/government/news/vaccines-highly-effective-against-b-1-617-2-variant-after-2-doses

Effectiveness of COVID-19 vaccines against hospital admission with the Delta (B.1.617.2) variant (Public Health England) | https://khub.net/web/phe-national/public-library/-/document_library/v2WsRK3ZlEig/view/479607266

Moderna Provides a Clinical Update on the Neutralizing Activity of its COVID-19 Vaccine on Emerging Variants Including the Delta Variant First Identified in India (Moderna) | https://investors.modernatx.co.....g-activity-its-covid

How much protection COVID-19 vaccines give you against the Delta variant, according to the best available data (Business Insider) | https://www.businessinsider.co.....2021-7?r=US&IR=T

The total number and mass of SARS-CoV-2 virions (NIH) | https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7685332/

Covid vaccine: How many people in the UK have been vaccinated so far? (BBC News) | https://www.bbc.com/news/health-55274833

Performance / Top Scorers / Assists / Discipline - Grimsby Town Statistics >> https://www.espn.co.uk/football/team/squad/_/id/386/eng.grimsby
Form Over Last 10 Games - Grimsby Town >> https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/grimsby-town/form-guide/ten
Player Contracts - Grimsby Town >> http://codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=4202
Links on football clubs inc Grimsby Town >> https://footballclubforums.com/
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 315 - 487
aldi_01
July 21, 2021, 5:12am

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Maringer
The billions wasn't wasted on the app, you pillock. Billions was wasted on an incompetent test and trace system, of which the app is a miniscule part. The app probably cost tens of millions to design, rollout and keep operational. The tracing is not much use thanks to the outsourcing and the inept design, but most of the expense is on the testing setup which is extremely expensive (including billions spent on the lateral flow tests which aren't very good in comparison to others available), and especially expensive because we're having so many infections and therefore so many tests. We're going to be beyond our testing capacity in a week or so, despite the vast amount invested in it. All because of the ineptitude of the government in handling the pandemic.

Which was my point well missed…I mean literally zero justification for the waste of 37bn…

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 316 - 487
Maringer
July 21, 2021, 7:51am
Barley Wine Drinker
Most of the money will have been spent on testing of some sort. The fact that the lateral flow tests aren't great doesn't mean that lots of cases haven't been found and onward transmission stopped (at that time, at least). Certainly not all of the 37 billion quid has been wasted.

To be honest, considering the impact of the pandemic, 37 billion is a relative drop in the ocean, but it would have been nice if we'd really squashed infections last summer instead of getting the rates right down and then happily reimporting them from the continent in the summer. Problem is, the government has never taken it seriously enough and have always been looking for an easy way out. There aren't any easy ways out which is why the economic impact has been so bad and we've still had so many deaths. Bear in mind that countries such as South Korea, Taiwan and Singapore kept the virus in check last year without requiring lockdowns at all. The poor attitude of our government has seen catastrophic numbers of infections and deaths and months in lockdown. It screwed us over last spring and we didn't learn our lessons which led to the second wave. With this third wave, they've just given up caring.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 317 - 487
aldi_01
July 21, 2021, 8:22am

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Maringer
Most of the money will have been spent on testing of some sort. The fact that the lateral flow tests aren't great doesn't mean that lots of cases haven't been found and onward transmission stopped (at that time, at least). Certainly not all of the 37 billion quid has been wasted.

To be honest, considering the impact of the pandemic, 37 billion is a relative drop in the ocean, but it would have been nice if we'd really squashed infections last summer instead of getting the rates right down and then happily reimporting them from the continent in the summer. Problem is, the government has never taken it seriously enough and have always been looking for an easy way out. There aren't any easy ways out which is why the economic impact has been so bad and we've still had so many deaths. Bear in mind that countries such as South Korea, Taiwan and Singapore kept the virus in check last year without requiring lockdowns at all. The poor attitude of our government has seen catastrophic numbers of infections and deaths and months in lockdown. It screwed us over last spring and we didn't learn our lessons which led to the second wave. With this third wave, they've just given up caring.

And so have vast swathes of the country. Anything like another lockdown and a large chunk of my pupils will literally give up. Rising numbers of self harm and suicide/attempted suicide anyway, add another lockdown and watch that grow. Personally that worries me more than any virus. Our government have been incompetent since well before this farce, they were never going to improve.

Lockdown won’t be worthwhile, as has been proven before, you lock down, numbers go down, you open up, they go up. Locking down every time there is a spike won’t get a handle on it.

They won’t but they’d be better off just putting in contingency plans for staying normal and supporting people that way…instead I’m sure we’ll see more horror stories, additional pointless press conferences with government puppets and incompetent politicians, more cash landing in the pockets of chums and corporate shareholders, more blaming of anyone they can think of but themselves and the continued division of society…

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 318 - 487
Maringer
July 21, 2021, 9:32am
Barley Wine Drinker
From the early stages of the pandemic, I've thought it would be the ideal situation to bring in a Universal Basic Income of some sort. It wouldn't need to be much - just a peppercorn amount of a couple of quid a week to allow a system to be implemented and I doubt many people would turn down free money from the government.

Then, in the event of a serious Covid outbreak in the future, or the emergence of a scarier variant (which is quite feasible - the Spanish flu killed a lot of young people for one reason or another), a lockdown and other restrictions could be implemented quickly and those forced to isolate could immediately be allocated funding straight from the government to ensure they isolate.

Unfortunately, the current government obviously isn't going to implement such a scheme. Wouldn't want to see even a tiny amount of money being given away for free to the citizenry when untold billions can be pumped into big business instead...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 319 - 487
49 Pages Prev ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Covid vaccine

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.