Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Covid vaccine
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Covid vaccine

This thread currently has 24,600 views. Print
49 Pages Prev ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 Next All Recommend Thread
Humbercod
November 10, 2021, 7:16am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: -3,502
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from Maringer
Deaths still trending upwards following the high rates of infection before half term cut transmission right down (oh, and the Immensa lab sending out false negatives was shut down). Deaths should hopefully start to fall soon, especially as the booster programme begins to take effect. Unfortunately, we're not giving the boosters fast enough still, though they are now managing to keep up with those becoming eligible as time goes on. We've still got 6 million people eligible who haven't had their boosters yet and it's vital that we get this number down as quickly as possible whilst still vaccinating those who are becoming eligible.

Bear in mind that the data from Israel indicates that the boosters cuts risk of infection by 95% - in comparison to those already double-jabbed. That is a big drop in risk. If we can get most of the 50+ age group 'boosted', it would go a long way to cutting right down on the deaths. Of course, there will still be plenty of people unvaccinated so we'll see a reasonable number of deaths and a lot of cases in children with the corresponding long-term illness in younger groups.

I'm not sure how much the new treatments Merck and Pfizer be able to stop serious illness and deaths. The data from the trials is excellent, but it's all a matter of getting enough doses of them in the first place then diagnosing Covid and prescribing the treatment in time for the drugs to take effect. Still they should hopefully save the lives of a number of people too foolish to be vaccinated. Perhaps more important is if they can keep people out of hospitals.

Ultimately, the question still remains whether or not it will be enough to stop the collapse of the NHS this winter. Let's hope for a relatively mild winter and a good year for influenza (by good, I mean not too many infections and a more effective vaccine than is often the case). Sounds as though the hospitals and ambulance services are at breaking point already and it hasn't got cold yet.

I wouldn’t be to quick to shout about Israel death rate being cut the Mortality rate is already higher this year than the past 10 years!

NHS at breaking point, fish and chips!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 450 - 487
Humbercod
November 10, 2021, 7:27am
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Neil Ferguson Fan Club?! Grow up son.

It’s funny how you don’t call out your fear mongering pal when he regurgitate‘s Fergusons projected nonsense?

I mean come on 200,000 cases a day, even a muppets like you must of thought he’s flipping nuts!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 451 - 487
Humbercod
November 10, 2021, 1:31pm
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from Maringer

Bear in mind that the data from Israel indicates that the boosters cuts risk of infection by 95% - in comparison to those already double-jabbed. That is a big drop in risk. If we can get most of the 50+ age group 'boosted', it would go a long way to cutting right down on the deaths. Of course, there will still be plenty of people unvaccinated so we'll see a reasonable number of deaths and a lot of cases in children with the corresponding long-term illness in younger groups.

I'm not sure how much the new treatments Merck and Pfizer be able to stop serious illness and deaths. The data from the trials is excellent, but it's all a matter of getting enough doses of them in the first place then diagnosing Covid and prescribing the treatment in time for the drugs to take effect. Still they should hopefully save the lives of a number of people too foolish to be vaccinated. Perhaps more important is if they can keep people out of hospitals.

Regarding the booster jabs and the infection risks (Israel already planning no. 4) I remember when we were told 1 jab then 2 jabs stops not only Covid but also transmission, old plastic face from Pimlico plumbing was being rolled out on the TV at every opportunity saying that he wouldn’t employ anybody not jabbed for this reason. I knew this was BS.
We were then told you can still transmit but at a lower rate, again I smelt a rat and I didn’t believe it along with the many free to speak independent experts, you know the ones ignored by the Media, this as now been debunked! Even though Crazy Biden still saying the jab stops Covid mind😀

So forgive me when I say that I don’t believe this latest news based on small biased data. No matter how many booster you have they will not reduce transmission.

It’s funny how you mention these new miracle pills yet you have rubbished ivermectin that is also made by Merck when the main difference is about £500 a pill!
Would love to hear your thoughts on Uttar Padesh region in India over 200 million people who after being wiped out early in the year went on ivermectin through the regions towns and villages and their death and cases have flatlined ever since, The WHO praised the Authority for its success but strangely didn’t mention Ivermectin in their report.

https://www.who.int/india/news.....ile-to-stop-covid-19

Many other Country!s who are now administering Ivermectin are now seeing cases plummet.
Over in USA doctors are now filing lawsuits against hospitals in their pursuit to administer this Covid killing drug the following short video will be shown in court -
https://odysee.com/@FrontlineCovid19CriticalCareAlliance:c/MARIK-TRO-MOTION-KAMEN-Dec-EX-A:7
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 452 - 487
Humbercod
November 11, 2021, 9:41am
Cocktail Drinker
So glad they made the groundbreaking discovery of Pfizermectin!

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 453 - 487
aldi_01
November 13, 2021, 4:07am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Anyone that didn’t think a booster rolls out was on the cards was naive…aside from not believing anything this government says, when huge profit is to be made it was inevitable…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 454 - 487
Stadium
November 14, 2021, 2:15pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.77
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,926
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from Maringer
Deaths still trending upwards following the high rates of infection before half term cut transmission right down (oh, and the Immensa lab sending out false negatives was shut down). Deaths should hopefully start to fall soon, especially as the booster programme begins to take effect. Unfortunately, we're not giving the boosters fast enough still, though they are now managing to keep up with those becoming eligible as time goes on. We've still got 6 million people eligible who haven't had their boosters yet and it's vital that we get this number down as quickly as possible whilst still vaccinating those who are becoming eligible.

Ultimately, the question still remains whether or not it will be enough to stop the collapse of the NHS this winter. Let's hope for a relatively mild winter and a good year for influenza (by good, I mean not too many infections and a more effective vaccine than is often the case). Sounds as though the hospitals and ambulance services are at breaking point already and it hasn't got cold yet.

More incorrect claims form the head of the NHS.

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/fact-check-are-the-nhs-chief-s-covid-claims-correct-

And the ONS are been challenged from their former head about misrepresentation of data.

Tweet 1457280924471681024 will appear here...

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 455 - 487
Stadium
November 14, 2021, 3:07pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.77
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,926
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Neil Ferguson Fan Club?! Grow up son.

He's back !!!

Professor Neil Ferguson, the epidemiologist whose modelling helped instigate the first lockdown last year, said he hopes the UK can “avoid” returning to social distancing restrictions this winter.

The infectious diseases expert said the UK was in a different situation to other countries in Europe that are seeing a significant uptick in cases.

“I think it is unlikely we will get anything close to what we had last year, that catastrophic winter wave.
“We might see slow increases as we did in October, for instance, but not anything as rapid as we saw last year,” Professor Ferguson told BBC Radio 4’s Today programme.

Asked if the rise in cases on the continent could impact the UK during winter, he said: “Not necessarily. We don’t fully understand the drivers of what’s causing the increases in places like Germany though where cases numbers have gone up very quickly. It may be waning immunity from the vaccines – they haven’t rolled out boosters as quickly as we have, it may be going into winter that people are mingling more indoors.”

He added: “We can’t be complacent, but at the moment I don’t think we’ll be in a situation the Netherlands is coming into where they really do need to get on top of rising case numbers using social distancing.

“I very much hope we can avoid that in this country.”

Several countries in Europe are introducing tighter measures in a bid to stop the spread of the virus.

Next month, over-65s in France will find their pass sanitaire, the country’s Covid pass, expires six months after their second dose unless they receive a booster.

More than 11 million people in the UK have received a booster dose of a Covid vaccine so far.

Frontline health workers, clinically vulnerable individuals and those aged 50 and over are all currently eligible for the additional dose.

Professor Ferguson said he saw no reason why booster jabs shouldn’t be rolled out to younger age groups once progress was made for vulnerable and priority age groups.

“Modelling of the group at the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine suggests it could make quite a big difference to driving down transmission to low levels,” he said.

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 456 - 487
cmackenzie4
November 14, 2021, 7:35pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.24
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,345
Gold Stars: 34
My wife had her booster yesterday and feels terrible, she’s had to call an ambulance this afternoon (breathing problems and heart palpitations) she’s been checked over and told to rest up, she was fine with her first 2 jabs, this one has knocked her for six.

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 457 - 487
DB
November 14, 2021, 7:58pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.41
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,053
Gold Stars: 391
My wife's arm went solid after her booster. Hope your wife recovers soon.

It's my turn tomorrow!

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 458 - 487
cmackenzie4
November 14, 2021, 8:24pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.24
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,345
Gold Stars: 34
Thanks Dave, good luck mate.

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 459 - 487
49 Pages Prev ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Covid vaccine

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.