Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Covid vaccine
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 24 Guests

Covid vaccine

This thread currently has 24,081 views. Print
49 Pages Prev ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Humbercod
July 19, 2021, 4:56pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: -3,494
Gold Stars: 82
More misleading tabloid rubbish it would seem - https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s.....search-on-ivermectin
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 300 - 487
aldi_01
July 19, 2021, 5:29pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Societal segregation incoming…more absolute drivel and lunacy incoming.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 301 - 487
Humbercod
July 19, 2021, 6:15pm
Cocktail Drinker
After all the denials the vaccine passports are now on the way, and the  conspiracy theorists keep getting it right!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 302 - 487
Stadium
July 19, 2021, 8:25pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,929
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from Humbercod
After all the denials the vaccine passports are now on the way, and the  conspiracy theorists keep getting it right!

Tweet 1414916955170037761 will appear here...

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 303 - 487
Maringer
July 19, 2021, 11:47pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,412
Gold Stars: 184
Quoted from Stadium

Important words: *some, *cloth masks.
Proper face masks worn correctly do work.

Any reasonable mask works to some degree, including multi-layer cloth masks and even single-layer masks. Obviously, FFP2/FFP3 is much better than a single-layer mask, but it's still better than nothing in terms of transmitting to other people, which is what masks are most useful for. Dr Axon isn't an expert in the field in which he was quoted and the Sage expert in that field was outraged by the Telegraph article and said it should be corrected. I'm guessing it wasn't.

Anyway, it will be interesting (and disturbing) to see the trajectory from a week or so onwards. Even with a mask mandate before today, infections are up 41.2% over the past 7 days. Deaths are up 48% over the past 7 days, hospitalisations up 39.5%. Providing those rates continue, we'll be double the current rate of infections by the end of the month. The question then, is how many of the infections will be finding their way out of the younger population who aren't generally badly affected and may have very mild symptoms and then on into the more vulnerable populations, i.e. the elderly, immunosuppressed people (including hundreds of thousands of people being treated for cancers), millions of people living with diabetes and unlucky people who seem to be badly impacted due to genetic quirks. The death rate is likely to increase a huge amount yet, unfortunately, and it's amazing that people have become so blase about it all. One slight hope is that a lot of the infections we're seeing now are due to the Euros effect i.e. gatherings related to the football which have now ceased. If they provided a higher bump than there might have been, then perhaps the rate of increase will drop (still not a fall), but it will be difficult to tell until we've seen how much the dropping of restrictions today will increase the rates. Infection rate in the Netherlands increased 800% in a week shortly after they relaxed their restrictions and they were still stronger than ours - people visiting nightclubs/music festivals and the like needed to show negative tests to get in, something which hasn't been required here. The Dutch have now sensibly reversed their relaxation of restrictions. Do Johnson and Javid have the same sense if things go pear-shaped over here as quickly? I tend to doubt they do.

I think the most likely straw which will break the camel's back is the hospitalisation rate. Remember, the justification for the earlier lockdowns was to protect the NHS. We already know that the NHS is under massive pressure - record A&E attendances in recent months in many areas even with Covid rates and hospitalisation so much lower than they now are and with lots of other viruses we normally see more commonly in the winter months running rife. Just over 600 admissions per day average over the past 7 days but if it continues to increase at roughly 40% per week, we'll be around 5,000 admissions per day by the end of August when some think that this wave will be peaking. Bear in mind also that hospitalisations increase in the weeks immediately following the peak.

I personally think there is a high chance that we'll be in a lockdown of sorts before the summer is out, but I suppose that all really depends on how far down people are willing to see the NHS crumble. When you're out on your doorstep clapping again in a month or two, please do consider what the staff are having to deal with a bit more thoughtfully this time. In the interim, I'll keep wearing my multi-layer cloth masks in indoor settings. I don't spend much time in the shops and this will hopefully reduce the risk of me indavertently infecting anyone else.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 304 - 487
MarinerWY
July 20, 2021, 12:55am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +1,985
Gold Stars: 47
I've no problem with wearing a mask indoors and will continue to do so, if it makes others feel safer when they are shopping, on public transport etc. then it's a very small inconvenience for me to continue to wear a mask indoors.
Private Message
Reply: 305 - 487
aldi_01
July 20, 2021, 6:52am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
I see that other credible expert, Vallance managed to get a pretty basic statistic ‘wrong’ and has now backtracked…

How long they gonna keep up this charade?

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 306 - 487
Humbercod
July 20, 2021, 9:44am
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from aldi_01
I see that other credible expert, Vallance managed to get a pretty basic statistic ‘wrong’ and has now backtracked…

How long they gonna keep up this charade?

They make it up as they go along regardless of the pain and suffering they cause, and yet the masses unbelievably just follow without question.
A Tory backbencher recently described this phenomenon as the ‘Stockholm syndrome’ a perfect description it would seem.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 307 - 487
cmackenzie4
July 20, 2021, 12:08pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.27
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,335
Gold Stars: 33
I’ve just been informed my daughter has tested positive for coronavirus and is poorly with it, what is the situation with isolation (with Sophie living with me) is it still for 10 days or has that been reduced if I can prove negative myself, I’ve had my jabs and I feel fine with no symptoms, I’m not sure what the situation is so would be grateful of any advice.

Thanks in advance

Chris

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 308 - 487
Stadium
July 20, 2021, 12:38pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,929
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from cmackenzie4
I’ve just been informed my daughter has tested positive for coronavirus and is poorly with it, what is the situation with isolation (with Sophie living with me) is it still for 10 days or has that been reduced if I can prove negative myself, I’ve had my jabs and I feel fine with no symptoms, I’m not sure what the situation is so would be grateful of any advice.

Thanks in advance

Chris

If you live in the same household as someone with COVID-19
Stay at home and self-isolate. Do not go to work, school, or public areas and do not use public transport or taxis. This applies even if you have received one or both doses of COVID-19 vaccine.

Your isolation period includes the day the first person in your household’s symptoms started (or the day their test was taken if they did not have symptoms) and the next 10 full days. This means that if, for example, your 10 day isolation period starts on the 15th of the month, your isolation period ends at 23:59 hrs on the 25th and you can return to your normal routine.

If you are identified as a contact and asked to self-isolate by NHS Test and Trace, including by the NHS COVID-19 app you may be entitled to a payment of £500 from your local authority under the Test and Trace Support Payment scheme. If you are the parent or guardian of a child who has been told to self-isolate you may also be entitled to this payment.

Failure to comply with self-isolation may result in a fine, starting from £1,000. Parents or guardians are legally responsible for ensuring that anyone under 18 self-isolates if they test positive for COVID-19 and are contacted by NHS Test and Trace and told to self-isolate.

https://www.gov.uk/government/.....s-covid-19-infection

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 309 - 487
49 Pages Prev ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Covid vaccine

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.