Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Covid vaccine
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 26 Guests

Covid vaccine

This thread currently has 24,604 views. Print
49 Pages Prev ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 Next All Recommend Thread
Humbercod
October 26, 2021, 8:08am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: -3,502
Gold Stars: 82
Another graph here showing cases - https://ourworldindata.org/exp.....~IND~DNK~NOR~UGA~SWE

But guess which country is over testing heathy asymptotic people?
Load of bollox!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 430 - 487
mariner91
October 26, 2021, 3:55pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,748
Gold Stars: 262
Quoted from Humbercod
“Unlikely but possibly”….talk about edging your bets ⬆️

I noticed yesterday the official case numbers had significantly dropped week on week! Just a hunch but anything to do with the schools breaking up? Where children are being zealously tested in the schools and colleges.

Maybe if we stop testing heathy asymptotic children as well as adults there is a fair old chance cases will fall.

I don’t know how to get the graphs on here but if you check out 7 day rolling deaths on - https://ourworldindata.org/gra.....;country=SWE~NOR~DNK
It shows what happens when you get rid of mandates and fear! Norway,Sweden, and Denmark removed all Covid restrictions and mask mandates. They also said no to vaccine passports!

Yes quite possibly but not for the reason you've suggested. If kids aren't in a classroom with 30+ kids all day, 5 days a week then they are less likely to spread it to each other.

That doesn't mean I want the schools closed, far from it. Just an observation that schools and the fact kids will not socially distance at all have been the breeding ground for the most recent surge in cases.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 431 - 487
Maringer
October 26, 2021, 4:36pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,674
Gold Stars: 189
I've still got HC blocked so only see his messages when people quote them. Needless to say, he's still pumping out the brainless denial.

Norway, Sweden and Denmark removed all Covid restrictions and mask mandates, when their infection rates were extremely low, unlike the UK which removed restrictions and mandates, when our infection rates were ridiculously, embarrassingly high. Because they aren't governed by halfwits with an agenda.

https://www.medpagetoday.com/special-reports/exclusives/94965

It will be interesting to see if any restrictions will need to be reintroduced in those countries over the cold winter months. Denmark and Norway are doing better with their vaccination programme than us, the Swedes about the same. They also have stronger social support systems and working from home is an option for more people than in the UK. Might make a big difference, although starting from a much, much lower level in the first place allows proper public health measures such as tracking cases to take place. Something we've never really bothered with seriously, despite all the money spent.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 432 - 487
Humbercod
October 26, 2021, 6:42pm
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from Maringer
I've still got HC blocked so only see his messages when people quote them. Needless to say, he's still pumping out the brainless denial.

Norway, Sweden and Denmark removed all Covid restrictions and mask mandates, when their infection rates were extremely low, unlike the UK which removed restrictions and mandates, when our infection rates were ridiculously, embarrassingly high. Because they aren't governed by halfwits with an agenda.

https://www.medpagetoday.com/special-reports/exclusives/94965

It will be interesting to see if any restrictions will need to be reintroduced in those countries over the cold winter months. Denmark and Norway are doing better with their vaccination programme than us, the Swedes about the same. They also have stronger social support systems and working from home is an option for more people than in the UK. Might make a big difference, although starting from a much, much lower level in the first place allows proper public health measures such as tracking cases to take place. Something we've never really bothered with seriously, despite all the money spent.

I’m not being funny but If you’ve blocked me how the hell do you know it’s me posting?
Stop being silly anyway just ignore me rather than pretend you’re not reading my posts! I’m not on here just to argue with you, but I can be more than civil if you can. I think we’re as far opposite on the political spectrum as possible but I don’t hold that against you😀

I don’t know why you get so upset with my opinion’s it’s really nothing personal, you also have me down as some conspiracy nutcase because you follow the government science and I don’t…Thanks!

Yet it was only a few week back the Government were dammed in a cross party report for wait for it ……following the wrong science😂

Come on Maringer I’m big enough to admit you’re a good contributor on this site even though I do disagree with a lot of stuff you post. Just agree to disagree and move on life is to short, the world can be a painful place at times, but it’s also a place of great beauty when it’s good to be alive especially when our team is top of the league.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 433 - 487
KingstonMariner
November 2, 2021, 11:42pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.05
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Looks like serious backpedaling there Humbo. Maringer got you on the facts.

By the way, are you still dodging the vaccine? Still scared that the nasty scientists are lying that it’s less risky than the virus? To you and the rest of society.

Fūck sake man. It’s not like you’re expected to go over the top to face the Hun.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 434 - 487
DB
November 3, 2021, 3:47am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.42
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,056
Gold Stars: 391
My wife has had her booster, mine is due in 12 days. Flu jabs are done and topped up with a lifelong pneumonical jab.

I think it's better to be vaccinated than not. Why take chances when you don't have to, as they say prevention is best.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 435 - 487
Maringer
November 3, 2021, 10:38am
Barley Wine Drinker
Notable that the Dutch and Belgians have reintroduced their masking and distancing requirements again as cases have increased with winter incoming. When the politicians have completely finished doing their PR stuff at COP26, it wouldn't surprise me if masking was eventually brought back as a requirement in the UK as well. A lot depends on whether or not the case rate racks up again after dipping during half-term. The number of deaths is increasing due to the high rates a couple of weeks ago. The booster programme is going much too slowly because the government haven't taken it seriously enough so that's the most important thing to protect the elderly and vulnerable now. It really needs to be ramped up quickly.

On another note, the (eventual) release of the JCVI minutes containing their discussion of whether or not to vaccinate kids shows that they were basically recycling the arguments of the anti-vaxxers and suggesting that children becoming infected might not be such a bad thing:

https://www.theguardian.com/po.....te-favourable-models

The fact that the public health authorities of pretty much every other developed country on the planet are taking the opposite approach and doing their best to avoid children becoming infected is probably a decent indication as to the logic behind this 'plan'.

If the refusal to release the advice regarding the removal of masking and all other mitigations from schools and no attempt to increase ventilation and filtration as recommended wasn't enough for you, this ought to remove any doubt that official government policy is to let it rip through kids. The JCVI even seemed to think that the vaccination of adults would reduce the risk of children becoming infected which is probably explained by the pathetic PHE 'studies' which claimed to show there was little risk of Covid spreading around schools which were outdated and flawed from the off! The reality is that, by letting infections rip through kids (a quarter of a million off school for Covid-related reasons on 21st October including over 200k infected), infections are finding their way into their parents and grandparents age groups which is where the deaths will occur.

This doesn't even take 'Long Covid' into consideration. Much like the JCVI who seemed to think tens of thousands of kids with long-lasting health issues wasn't really a problem.

When the inquiry into the response to the pandemic eventually takes place, it will be so damning for all these bodies. Providing it is a proper and independent inquiry, of course.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 436 - 487
Ipswin
November 3, 2021, 11:56am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from DB
My wife has had her booster, mine is due in 12 days. Flu jabs are done and topped up with a lifelong pneumonical jab.

I think it's better to be vaccinated than not. Why take chances when you don't have to, as they say prevention is best.

Had all the flu, Covid (x3) and pneumonia but still not had the Shingles vaccine

Not sure about it and haven't heard anything, anyone know owt please?

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 437 - 487
Maringer
November 3, 2021, 5:03pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Too young to have had it myself, but I've read that it makes you feel like crap for a day or two after vaccination. Probably preferable to weeks of intense pain and potential nerve damage which can be caused by Shingles itself.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 438 - 487
Humbercod
November 5, 2021, 2:57pm
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from KingstonMariner
Looks like serious backpedaling there Humbo. Maringer got you on the facts.

By the way, are you still dodging the vaccine? Still scared that the nasty scientists are lying that it’s less risky than the virus? To you and the rest of society.

Fūck sake man. It’s not like you’re expected to go over the top to face the Hun.

Pack pedalling🤔 The guy has blocked me absolutely fine with that, but All I’ve done is tried to reach out to him only because it has become apparent that he his still reading and responding (indirectly) to my post😀
In fact one of his last post he even reiterates why he’s blocked me again because I talk nonsense…… talk about self righteousness!
The problem is I have called him out on many things and he simple doesn’t like it, weather it’s dodgy scientific reports, data and predictions he his so self righteous he simply cannot take it so rather than debate he spits his dummy out, I have put my hand up many times on here over the years when I have got things wrong although not to many to be honest😀.

Look what’s your problem with me not taking the vaccine?  Worry about yourself I respect your decision get on with it I don’t come on here looking for a fight you know.
I bet you’d love me to get Covid well unlike your pal Maringer I’m enjoying my life mixing with crowds back at the football Sheffield arena last night, Cleethorpes bonfire tonight big crowd, 2 kids coming home from school every night so I’m certainly not scared, although I do respect the virus which is why I take responsible precautions, now you get back behind that sofa with Maringer before something bad happens…Boo!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 439 - 487
49 Pages Prev ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Covid vaccine

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.