Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Covid vaccine
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Covid vaccine

This thread currently has 24,599 views. Print
49 Pages Prev ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 Next All Recommend Thread
Stadium
November 7, 2021, 5:24pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.77
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,926
Gold Stars: 19
More scaremongering form the government.

https://www.gbnews.uk/news/cov.....ave-christmas/154793

Hold on though:

Gilbert told the Daily Telegraph that elderly people and those with weakened immune systems should be in line for a third jab, but “I don’t think we need to boost everybody”.

“As the virus spreads between people, it mutates and adapts and evolves, like the Delta variant,” she said. “With these outbreaks, we want to stop that as quickly as possible. We will look at each situation; the immunocompromised and elderly will receive boosters. But I don’t think we need to boost everybody. Immunity is lasting well in the majority of people"

And:

There should be no need for more Covid lockdowns because the health service must learn to "live with" the virus, the head of NHS Providers has said.

Chris Hopson, whose organisation negotiates with the Department of Health on behalf of NHS trusts, said the pandemic would soon be considered only "endemic" – but he warned that hospital bed occupancy was already at peak winter levels.

In an interview with Times Radio, Mr Hopson said: "I think all of us in the NHS recognise that we are now moving from a situation of a pandemic towards an endemic where we need to live with Covid.

"Everybody in the NHS absolutely recognises that it's our job to cope as best we can with Covid pressures, without resorting to the very draconian lockdowns that we've had to go through before."

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 440 - 487
Humbercod
November 9, 2021, 10:41am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: -3,502
Gold Stars: 82
Covid rates and death’s keep falling with no mask mandates or lockdown measures, kids back at school what is this witchcraft?
*Disclaimer* does not include mask wearing passport carrying smScotland!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 441 - 487
Humbercod
November 9, 2021, 10:48am
Cocktail Drinker
In other news quick get the vaccine -
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/art.....ions-claim-0w78wbj7t

Vaccine BS propaganda reported as facts on the MSM 🙄
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 442 - 487
Manchester Mariner
November 9, 2021, 2:16pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +2,822
Gold Stars: 41
Quoted from Humbercod
Covid rates and death’s keep falling with no mask mandates or lockdown measures, kids back at school what is this witchcraft?

The large vaccine uptake.

"Lovelly stuff! not my words but the words of Shakin Stevens."
Private Message
Reply: 443 - 487
KingstonMariner
November 9, 2021, 5:32pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.05
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Don’t confuse the little tyke with facts Manchester. You’ll only make his head hurt.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 444 - 487
ginnywings
November 9, 2021, 6:18pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Got my booster jab booked for a week on Saturday.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 445 - 487
Humbercod
November 9, 2021, 7:45pm
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from Manchester Mariner

The large vaccine uptake.

But we have been told on this forum many times from the Neil Ferguson fan club that ending mandates and masks would be carnage. Win/Win eh?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 446 - 487
Maringer
November 9, 2021, 11:16pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,671
Gold Stars: 189
Deaths still trending upwards following the high rates of infection before half term cut transmission right down (oh, and the Immensa lab sending out false negatives was shut down). Deaths should hopefully start to fall soon, especially as the booster programme begins to take effect. Unfortunately, we're not giving the boosters fast enough still, though they are now managing to keep up with those becoming eligible as time goes on. We've still got 6 million people eligible who haven't had their boosters yet and it's vital that we get this number down as quickly as possible whilst still vaccinating those who are becoming eligible.

Bear in mind that the data from Israel indicates that the boosters cuts risk of infection by 95% - in comparison to those already double-jabbed. That is a big drop in risk. If we can get most of the 50+ age group 'boosted', it would go a long way to cutting right down on the deaths. Of course, there will still be plenty of people unvaccinated so we'll see a reasonable number of deaths and a lot of cases in children with the corresponding long-term illness in younger groups.

I'm not sure how much the new treatments Merck and Pfizer be able to stop serious illness and deaths. The data from the trials is excellent, but it's all a matter of getting enough doses of them in the first place then diagnosing Covid and prescribing the treatment in time for the drugs to take effect. Still they should hopefully save the lives of a number of people too foolish to be vaccinated. Perhaps more important is if they can keep people out of hospitals.

Ultimately, the question still remains whether or not it will be enough to stop the collapse of the NHS this winter. Let's hope for a relatively mild winter and a good year for influenza (by good, I mean not too many infections and a more effective vaccine than is often the case). Sounds as though the hospitals and ambulance services are at breaking point already and it hasn't got cold yet.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 447 - 487
KingstonMariner
November 10, 2021, 12:51am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.05
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Humbercod

But we have been told on this forum many times from the Neil Ferguson fan club that ending mandates and masks would be carnage. Win/Win eh?

Neil Ferguson Fan Club?! Grow up son.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 448 - 487
DB
November 10, 2021, 1:49am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.41
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,053
Gold Stars: 391
Quoted from ginnywings
Got my booster jab booked for a week on Saturday.

The wife's had hers, I have mine on Monday.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 449 - 487
49 Pages Prev ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Covid vaccine

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.