Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Covid vaccine
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 13 Guests

Covid vaccine

This thread currently has 24,396 views. Print
49 Pages Prev ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Les Brechin
June 8, 2021, 5:06pm

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,713
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from cmackenzie4
That’s good news Les, is that the AstraZeneca jab? I have mine Saturday (2nd Jab) I was lousy after the first Jab.

Yes Chris. After my first jab my arm ached really badly, not the day after but the day after that but this time no side effects at all. Hope yours goes well for you mate.

OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 180 - 487
Stadium
June 9, 2021, 9:32pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,926
Gold Stars: 19
Professor Lockdown wheeled out again.

Boris Johnson today gave the biggest hint yet that the June 21 'Freedom Day' will be pushed back because of the rapid spread of the Indian Covid variant as he admitted 'everybody can see cases are going up' and accepted there were 'arguments on both sides'.

The Prime Minister's comments mark a softening in his lockdown-ending stance after previously saying there is nothing in the data to suggest the date should be delayed.

It came after the UK recorded another 7,540 positive tests in the biggest week-on-week spike since February, as the mutant strain continues to spiral.

Speaking at the G7 summit in Cornwall the Prime Minister said: 'What everybody can see very clearly is that cases are going up and in some places hospitalisations are going up. What we need to assess is the extent to which the vaccine rollout, which has been phenomenal, has built up enough protection in the population in order for us to go ahead to the next stage.

'So that is what we will be looking at and there are arguments being made one way or another. But we will be driven by the data, we will be looking at that and setting it out on Monday.'

However, just hours after Mr Johnson spoke, one of his top SAGE advisers Professor Neil Ferguson dashed hopes of the roadmap coming to an end in two weeks' time when he said scientists need up to three weeks of data before they can accurately work out how dangerous the Indian variant is and how bad the third wave could be.  

The virus modelling expert, who has guided the Government through the pandemic and earned himself the nickname 'Professor Lockdown', said scientists still don't know how much faster the variant spreads, how much more deadly it is nor how big the third wave will be.

The chance that scientific advisers, ministers and Boris Johnson – who committed to 'data not dates' – will sign off on June 21 without this information is slim to none. An extra three weeks to collect the figures plus the PM's one-week notice for a change in restrictions suggests that, best case scenario, it will be early July before Step Four of the roadmap is taken.

Professor Ferguson said: 'It's well within the possibility that we could see another, third, wave at least comparable in terms of hospitalisations, as the second wave. At least deaths, I think, would certainly be lower. It's hard to judge.'

The Imperial College London epidemiologist said researchers need to see how many people are admitted to hospital and die as a result of the current surge in infections.

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 181 - 487
Maringer
June 9, 2021, 11:57pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,542
Gold Stars: 185
Oh, look, here's another academic using all that pesky data stuff to explain what is going on:

Tweet 1402695567030038530 will appear here...

Just a few charts to read through which will hopefully convince the doubters that, why yes, we are heading for another huge wave of infections and hospitalisations. The good thing is that there are likely to be fewer deaths due to the lower age spread - perhaps 20 or 25%, if the healthcare system isn't overwhelmed. A lot more if it is. Not to mention potentially tens or hundreds of thousands of children and young adults left with 'Long Covid' symptoms for many months.

Oddly enough, the current data is pretty much exactly the same as was modelled by Sage back on 12th May, an analysis which the politicians somewhat bizarrely completely ignored:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/spi-m-o-consensus-statement-on-covid-19-12-may-2021

They'll row back on the 21st June date for certain, will probably tighten restrictions to some degree but, as always, too little, too late. Goodbye any hopes for an almost 'normal' summer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 182 - 487
DB
June 14, 2021, 5:51am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.49
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,022
Gold Stars: 386
Quoted from cmackenzie4
That’s good news Les, is that the AstraZeneca jab? I have mine Saturday (2nd Jab) I was lousy after the first Jab.

Hope everything went ok on Saturday?

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 183 - 487
Humbercod
June 14, 2021, 6:58am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: -3,488
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from Maringer
Oh, look, here's another academic using all that pesky data stuff to explain what is going on:

Tweet 1402695567030038530 will appear here...

Just a few charts to read through which will hopefully convince the doubters that, why yes, we are heading for another huge wave of infections and hospitalisations. The good thing is that there are likely to be fewer deaths due to the lower age spread - perhaps 20 or 25%, if the healthcare system isn't overwhelmed. A lot more if it is. Not to mention potentially tens or hundreds of thousands of children and young adults left with 'Long Covid' symptoms for many months.

Oddly enough, the current data is pretty much exactly the same as was modelled by Sage back on 12th May, an analysis which the politicians somewhat bizarrely completely ignored:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/spi-m-o-consensus-statement-on-covid-19-12-may-2021

They'll row back on the 21st June date for certain, will probably tighten restrictions to some degree but, as always, too little, too late. Goodbye any hopes for an almost 'normal' summer.

You can say ‘Goodbye’ or make a stand and say ‘No’ Otherwise this never ends, the last time I wear a mask in a public place is the 20th of June. I remember seeing advertisements for Covid Marshall’s 3 year contracts in May when we were supposed to be coming to the end🤔
Back to normal was never in the script.

It’s now obviously clear that If we can’t even get back to normal in the middle of summer then it’s not going to happen, Covid is here to stay it’s time we started living with it, so what if cases are rising the vulnerable are supposed to be protected. Disclaimer as long as they carry on with the upcoming boosters as experimental vaccine doesn’t last.

Mixed feelings about all the fit and healthy people who complied with the government took the jab in the belief they’d be getting their lives back...What was that famous Ronald Reagan quote again?

The government will drag this out until autumn/ then it will be back to “Lockdown to save the NHS” this is the new normal only if we let it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 184 - 487
aldi_01
June 14, 2021, 7:24am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from Humbercod

You can say ‘Goodbye’ or make a stand and say ‘No’ Otherwise this never ends, the last time I wear a mask in a public place is the 20th of June. I remember seeing advertisements for Covid Marshall’s 3 year contracts in May when we were supposed to be coming to the end🤔
Back to normal was never in the script.

It’s now obviously clear that If we can’t even get back to normal in the middle of summer then it’s not going to happen, Covid is here to stay it’s time we started living with it, so what if cases are rising the vulnerable are supposed to be protected. Disclaimer as long as they carry on with the upcoming boosters as experimental vaccine doesn’t last.

Mixed feelings about all the fit and healthy people who complied with the government took the jab in the belief they’d be getting their lives back...What was that famous Ronald Reagan quote again?

The government will drag this out until autumn/ then it will be back to “Lockdown to save the NHS” this is the new normal only if we let it.

Whilst it’s fair to say we are both poles apart with our politics I am inclined to agree with what you’re saying.

You can show me data all you want, the last 18 months has told us that they have had issues with data anyway so I’m still not convinced by that.

The public’s somewhat non response to this constant balderdash and whataboutery from the government is alarming. False promises and rhetoric like ‘freedom day’ is baffling. People have swallowed it up without so much as murmer. Credibility for any of it is zilch too when you see things like the G7 all stood happily having a cocktail party behaving in the normal way you would rather than socially distanced or choosing to wear a mask.

The mask thing has baffled me from the start, at the so called height of it all we didn’t need one, then they introduced them and now it’s just half arsed. I spent a week in hospital last week visiting/staying over for one reason or another. Never once enforced a mask, nor did they insist I wear a hospital one, just the tatty black paper one I’ve had since about September.

I’m done with it all now, I had a vaccine out of respect for my boss who had to spend hours sorting It out for all the staff, they got mine wrong along with others, some staff were so ill they couldn’t have both parts. Now there’s suggestions that the vaccine may not be as effective. It’s just all very tiresome now.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 185 - 487
cmackenzie4
June 14, 2021, 7:33am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.26
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,345
Gold Stars: 34
Quoted from DB

Hope everything went ok on Saturday?

Hi Dave

I had to miss my appointment Saturday due to work commitments, the jab has had to be rescheduled for today at 11.30, I’m sure I’ll be ok mate.

Chris

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 186 - 487
Humbercod
June 14, 2021, 8:30am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: -3,488
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from aldi_01

Whilst it’s fair to say we are both poles apart with our politics I am inclined to agree with what you’re saying.

You can show me data all you want, the last 18 months has told us that they have had issues with data anyway so I’m still not convinced by that.

The public’s somewhat non response to this constant balderdash and whataboutery from the government is alarming. False promises and rhetoric like ‘freedom day’ is baffling. People have swallowed it up without so much as murmer. Credibility for any of it is zilch too when you see things like the G7 all stood happily having a cocktail party behaving in the normal way you would rather than socially distanced or choosing to wear a mask.

The mask thing has baffled me from the start, at the so called height of it all we didn’t need one, then they introduced them and now it’s just half arsed. I spent a week in hospital last week visiting/staying over for one reason or another. Never once enforced a mask, nor did they insist I wear a hospital one, just the tatty black paper one I’ve had since about September.

I’m done with it all now, I had a vaccine out of respect for my boss who had to spend hours sorting It out for all the staff, they got mine wrong along with others, some staff were so ill they couldn’t have both parts. Now there’s suggestions that the vaccine may not be as effective. It’s just all very tiresome now.

Let’s just forget the Covid passport it’s the G7 passport we all need!
Our so called leaders are now literally taking the urine!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 187 - 487
DB
June 14, 2021, 1:51pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.49
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,022
Gold Stars: 386
Quoted from Humbercod

Let’s just forget the Covid passport it’s the G7 passport we all need!
Our so called leaders are now literally taking the urine!

Same every time they meet. Lots of words and photos and then they all go home and do very little if anything at all.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 188 - 487
aldi_01
June 14, 2021, 1:53pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from DB

Same every time they meet. Lots of words and photos and then they all go home and do very little if anything at all.

But they have ignored the rules and done what rich and powerful people do best…whatever the intercourse they want…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 189 - 487
49 Pages Prev ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Covid vaccine

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.