Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Covid vaccine
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 16 Guests

Covid vaccine

This thread currently has 24,390 views. Print
49 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Maringer
May 8, 2021, 11:46am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,531
Gold Stars: 185
Case rate for the rare blood clots following the AZ vaccine is around 1 in 100,000 with a 1 in 5-ish fatality rate where it isn't caught and treated in time. So, roughly a 1 in 500,000 risk of death. Your chances of dying after catching Covid are much higher, probably for all age groups.

However, the caveat is that this is taking all age groups as a whole. It seems that the clots are more common in under-40s with a third of the deaths in this group, despite the fact that many more over-40s have received the AZ jab. This would tally with it being an issue caused by an overreaction to the vaccine by the immune system. Younger people tend to have a stronger immune response. This is why they are recommending that most under-40s should be offered an alternative vaccine.

The J&J vaccine uses a similar technology and has a similar clotting problem (though not in quite the same numbers as the AZ vaccine).

Nothing is without risk, however. Some evidence from Israel that there have been some cases of myocarditis (inflammation of the heart) in younger people after they have received their second Pfizer jab. Again, a very scarce occurrence and it is difficult to say for certain if it actually is caused by the vaccine itself as there are always cases of myocarditis in the young in any case. It can be brought on by other illnesses and viruses such as the flu, for example.

Ultimately, you're probably better off with the Pfizer than AZ if you are younger and have the option, but statistically, there is very little in it. You're generally more likely to come to a sticky end just going about your daily business than from one of the vaccines.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 110 - 487
aldi_01
May 8, 2021, 12:38pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
No idea what they stuck in my arm yesterday or the first time but I do know she put one in them took the needle out because the computer went down before she could verify who I was.

Arm resembles a pin cushion this morning. Got none of the paperwork mind...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 111 - 487
DB
May 13, 2021, 6:28am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.51
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,021
Gold Stars: 386
Had my 2nd AZ jab yesterday. No after effects at all, just like the first one.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 112 - 487
Humbercod
May 13, 2021, 6:44am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: -3,489
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from DB
Had my 2nd AZ jab yesterday. No after effects at all, just like the first one.

Good to hear DB. Just been reading about the Indian health ambassador who took his shot live on TV then went into cardiac arrest 2hrs later before dyeing the next day of a heart attack. This could of been pure coincidence but then there are reported cases of people developing heart problems from the vaccine so maybe he was one of the unlucky ones.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 113 - 487
DB
May 13, 2021, 6:54am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.51
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,021
Gold Stars: 386
Quoted from Humbercod

Good to hear DB. Just been reading about the Indian health ambassador who took his shot live on TV then went into cardiac arrest 2hrs later before dieing the next day of a heart attack. This could of been pure coincidence but then there are reported cases of people developing heart problems from the vaccine so maybe he was one of the unlucky ones.

I feel very sorry for this person and their families but we cannot say much about the situation because we do not have all the facts about his health prior to the jab. From what I have read there are many similar stories of people becoming ill after the jabs but it would be interesting to see how many people have no, or little, side effects compared to those who have severe side effects.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 114 - 487
Maringer
May 13, 2021, 9:18pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,531
Gold Stars: 185
Did the vaccine cause this death? Possibly, but probably not - you get a lot of people in their late 50s in high-pressure jobs who succumb to heart attacks. I think I read he had the Covaxin vaccine - that's an inactivated virus type which is very commonly used (we'll be getting a similar vaccine from Valneva ourselves), so it ought to be safe. That said, there was a bit of doubt about the way in which the trials were run in India with dosing starting at very early stages before proper safety studies could have been completed. If it had been the mRNA, AZ or J&J vaccines, I'd have said pretty much certainly nothing to do with them. Not sure the data for this one is trustworthy enough.

I notice the anti-vaxxers are feverishly reporting the death was caused by blood clots. Yes - that's what causes heart attacks!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 115 - 487
Humbercod
May 14, 2021, 8:20am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: -3,489
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from Maringer
Did the vaccine cause this death? Possibly, but probably not - you get a lot of people in their late 50s in high-pressure jobs who succumb to heart attacks. I think I read he had the Covaxin vaccine - that's an inactivated virus type which is very commonly used (we'll be getting a similar vaccine from Valneva ourselves), so it ought to be safe. That said, there was a bit of doubt about the way in which the trials were run in India with dosing starting at very early stages before proper safety studies could have been completed. If it had been the mRNA, AZ or J&J vaccines, I'd have said pretty much certainly nothing to do with them. Not sure the data for this one is trustworthy enough.

I notice the anti-vaxxers are feverishly reporting the death was caused by blood clots. Yes - that's what causes heart attacks!

The anti-vaxxers narrative is pure propaganda in my opinion, no sensible minded person would be anti-vaccine. There will always a few loony’s out there against anything and everything, but generally the vast majority of the world population understand, that the world health is in a better place because of vaccines.
But what the governments and the big pharmaceutical company’s tend to do, is to pigeon hole anyone that may reasonably question these Covid vaccines (that are still effectively under trial) as being part of the loony brigade.  

Getting back to the Indian health ambassador it’s funny how we are soon told, that this is just another coincidence and nothing to do with the vaccine! Yet we were being told that anyone that died 30 days after contracting Covid was because of Covid, when they were busy bumping up the Covid death rate figures... funny that 🤔
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 116 - 487
ginnywings
May 14, 2021, 11:20am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,143
Gold Stars: 548
Some rumblings today about the lockdown lift may be delayed because of the Indian variant. This could go on for a long time and looks like it's something we are going to have to live with permanently like the Flu.

Got my second Pfizer jab next week.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 117 - 487
codcheeky
May 14, 2021, 1:59pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +1,251
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from ginnywings
Some rumblings today about the lockdown lift may be delayed because of the Indian variant. This could go on for a long time and looks like it's something we are going to have to live with permanently like the Flu.

Got my second Pfizer jab next week.

We were much too slow in putting India on the red list, it was being reported how bad things were but Johnson was scheduled to fly there and so it got delayed. Then there was a week of 50 packed planes a day and numerous private flights to beat the quarantine,  hopefully this variant will be tackled by the vaccine and won’t be the one that affects the young much more but we seem to learn very little from the example of countries like Australia in terms of border control during a pandemic.
On another note people can start going to Portugal (a country with big links to Brazil)on Monday, a country still in a state of emergency until at least the end of the month.
Private Message
Reply: 118 - 487
Yoda
May 16, 2021, 3:02pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / -20
Approval: -3,162
Gold Stars: 71
Had first AZ vaccine no side effects at all.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 119 - 487
49 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Covid vaccine

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.