Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Covid vaccine
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 12 Guests

Covid vaccine

This thread currently has 24,387 views. Print
49 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
DB
May 1, 2021, 6:49pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.51
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,021
Gold Stars: 386
Quoted from aldi_01
A school within our trust had to shut to a significant amount of pupils on Thursday and Friday due to severe side affects of the second dose for 8 staff.

We’ve a staff member who’s been told be her doctor to not have her second dose at any cost and she’s also still suffering from a muscle infection or some sort in her arm where the amateur volunteer gave her the injection.

I’ve actually no idea when my second one is meant to be.

I still disagree with the approach that we should all be almost emotionally blackmailed in to it but I’ve nothing against people wanting to have it...

If you contact your GP's surgery they should be able to tell you.

Having the jab is a personal choice so it's up to you. The way I look at it is that if I don't have the jab and I get covid I might die, as have unfortunately millions of others. So if I have the jab my life expectancy will be longer than somebody who doesn't.

To me, it's life or death, but it's your choice what you want to do.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 100 - 487
KingstonMariner
May 1, 2021, 7:28pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Stadium

This article explains why we'll probably never achieve herd immunity.
Vaccination isn't proven to prevent transmission

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-00728-2

Vaccination should be always be the persons choice.
There are side effects from vaccination as reported.
People should be aware of these & make a risk based choice.

You might be right about herd immunity. Vaccination might not be proven to prevent transmission in this case, but we know it works in others.

The problem is who makes that risk based choice? Who’s risk are we talking about, the individual’s or society’s? The individual’s right to choose is just a cultural norm. Other cultures wouldn’t bat an eye-lid about it. We have lots of analogous situations where even in an individualistic society, government has stepped in and taken that choice for us. Even where the individual’s risk doesn’t directly harm others.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 101 - 487
Maringer
May 1, 2021, 8:48pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,524
Gold Stars: 185
Herd immunity probably isn't going to happen with Covid-19. Long term immunity doesn't occur with most coronaviruses. However, if you have antibodies (and an associated T-cell and B-cell response), whether from prior infection or vaccination, chances are your body will mount a good immune response when you are next infected. In other words, chances of the cascading auto-immune response which causes serious illness and death at the moment should be reduced massively. Well worth the slight risks from vaccination in comparison to a lifetime of waiting for the other shoe to drop and see if you're one of the lucky ones (a majority, obviously), who only gets mild infection. That doesn't even consider the 'Long Covid' issue.

On the flip side of the coin, I suppose there's a good chance that we'll have more effective treatments for serious Covid-related disease (and even better vaccines, too)  within the next year or two. Might reduce the risk of waiting to catch it in the fullness of time. Not sure if they'll ever have effective treatments for Long Covid, however. Nobody knows what it is for certain, but probably an auto-immune issue and they are notoriously difficult to treat.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 102 - 487
ginnywings
May 2, 2021, 4:53pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,143
Gold Stars: 548
I really didn't want to take the vaccine personally, but I decided to in the end, not for me, but for the greater good. On balance, I think we are more likely to get back to normal quicker if a good percentage of people are immunised.

At the time of my first jab, there were thousands dying every day and it seemed the right thing to do.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 103 - 487
Hagrid
May 3, 2021, 5:52pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,419
Gold Stars: 534
Felt excrement for 24 hours, fine afterwards.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 104 - 487
DB
May 3, 2021, 6:01pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Hagrid
Felt excrement for 24 hours, fine afterwards.

Good to hear you're ok now. How does your long covid affect this for you?

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 105 - 487
Hagrid
May 4, 2021, 3:02pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,419
Gold Stars: 534
Quoted from DB

Good to hear you're ok now. How does your long covid affect this for you?

not really sure DB

Still suffering with the fatigue side of things but certainly improving the more i get out and up my exercise
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 106 - 487
DB
May 4, 2021, 6:09pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Hagrid

not really sure DB

Still suffering with the fatigue side of things but certainly improving the more i get out and up my exercise

Pleased to hear it. Take care of yourself and keep exercising.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 107 - 487
Neilo83
May 8, 2021, 8:34am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +17 / -6
Approval: +263
Gold Stars: 4
I see under 40’s are to be given the choice of an alternative for the Astra Zeneca, this is good for me and will be the difference between having it and not having it.. not sure why but I had a bad feeling about the Astra Zeneca and was willing to give the vaccine a miss due to that being the predominant one at the minute.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 108 - 487
DB
May 8, 2021, 10:32am
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Neilo83
I see under 40’s are to be given the choice of an alternative for the Astra Zeneca, this is good for me and will be the difference between having it and not having it.. not sure why but I had a bad feeling about the Astra Zeneca and was willing to give the vaccine a miss due to that being the predominant one at the minute.

I had Astra Zeneca with no problems and will have my 2nd jab next week. I am looking forward to the full protection the vaccine will give.

As I've posted already to me it's a no brainer, life or death? Millions have died with covid already.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 109 - 487
49 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Covid vaccine

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.