Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Covid vaccine
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 9 Guests

Covid vaccine

This thread currently has 24,394 views. Print
49 Pages Prev ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... Next All Recommend Thread
DB
May 26, 2021, 6:24am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.49
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,021
Gold Stars: 386
I do, in general, find charts/ graphs interesting but sometimes very confusing. I live in NEL but my GP is in Holten le Clay Lincolnshire. So do I look at Yorks & Humber or East Midlands?

On other health charts, I came under both North East England and the Midlands ( which took me up to the Scotish & Welsh borders). Interesting but very confusing.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 150 - 487
Humbercod
May 26, 2021, 6:45am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: -3,488
Gold Stars: 82
The models and projections don’t help DB usually spun in a way of fact Neil Ferguson style.
Keep your eyes wide open!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 151 - 487
Humbercod
May 26, 2021, 7:07am
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from aldi_01
Interesting that people keep trotting out the ‘we’ll be back in lockdown before we know it’ phrase...hoping that if they say it enough folk will believe it?

I had my vaccine weeks and weeks ago out of respect for my boss who had to spend hours organising the whole thing for our 45 staff. Several were severely ill and two weren’t allowed their second dose or advised against. We’ve a staff member, 23 who has been off work recently for another matter who has now tested positive...

We either crack on and return to actually normal, not this new normal they talk of else we’re stuck, worrying about something which fundamentally doesn’t go away, much like everything else...the fact they’re talking of booster jabs already suggest the vaccines, unlike those for TB etc. aren’t that effective.

I’m not anti vax in the slightest, I’m just fed up with the scaremongering, the whataboutery and the panic caused by media outlets and so on...not to mention the self righteous mammary you encounter every so often that tuts Becauee you need to get passed them or stand too close in their eyes...

It’s tiresome now and I, along with many must be fed up of the lies and hyperbole...remember when we were told that once the most vulnerable were all vaccinated we’d be cracking on...

I’m done with it all, I’ve never taken a test, I’ve not isolated, or been able to and I’ve not had so much as a sniffle in nearly two years...now if we want to talk about the ineptitude of government then that’s plain as day but can’t wait for those people who are obsessed with masks and the like to panic in an few weeks...

Absolutely!

With regards to effectiveness I would say they it is definitely effective (short term) by suppressing the virus, but many drugs and vaccines are proved effective in the lab but fail to be released after years of testing prove serious side effects. An early AIDS vaccine that would stop the disease would be classed as effective but could never be released if the side effects gave you cancer!

And this is the worry we do not know yet what the side effects are! The vaccine has not been approved (which is why big Pharma cannot be held accountable) only released because of an emergency situation.

https://www.pfizer.com/news/hot-topics/the_facts_about_pfizer_and_biontech_s_covid_19_vaccine
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 152 - 487
Sandford1981
May 26, 2021, 9:11am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +2,085
Gold Stars: 59
First person to get vaccine dies actually translates to a 81 year old man who was an inpatient on a frailty ward before having the vaccine, dies!

It’s hardly evidence of anything untoward regarding the vaccine. Neither is quoting people from social media who have had elderly relatives die after having it. Elderly people die and grieving friends and family often find it easier to focus their attention on anything but their grief.

I’m not saying anyone is necessarily wrong but, I am questioning the credibility of this type of sensationalist ‘evidence’.

“I know writers who use subtext and they’re all cowards.” –Garth Marenghi
Private Message
Reply: 153 - 487
Maringer
May 26, 2021, 9:28am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,542
Gold Stars: 185
OK, then. Here's another chart to look at:

The chart was produced from modelling released earlier this month so we're only right at the start of the upward curve (cases have gone up about 10% over the past week). The initial data on the 'Indian' B.1.617.2 variant indicates it may be up to 60% more transmissible than the 'Kent' B.1.1.7 variant which has already spread to become one of the most dominant in many countries. The Kent variant is in decline because of vaccination and the restrictions still in place. The Indian variant is rocketing upwards despite the vaccination and restrictions still in place.

Fully vaccinated people have very good protection against the Kent, Indian and most of the other variants so it isn't likely that we'll see the same huge numbers of elderly people dying from the next wave of infections. There will still be a lot of deaths in older folk but nothing like the same level as during the past two waves. However, about 60% of adults in the UK aren't fully vaccinated yet so many of the hospitalisations will be amongst younger adults without any pre-existing health conditions. Even if only a very small proportion of those infected require hospitalisation, it will collapse the NHS. This is why the herd immunity plan initially mooted was quickly reversed during March 2020.

I think another lockdown, or at least very tight restrictions are almost certainly going to be required. This should be the last one, however, as the vaccinations should give enough of the population enough immunity to ensure that we're not faced with a collapse of the healthcare system in future waves of infections caused by new variants. In fact, it is likely that this coronavirus will eventually become just another endemic cold virus of the type most of us catch every year or two. Whether you develop your immunity to it through repeated infections or vaccination won't really matter. The risk of death from vaccination is obviously much lower so that's my choice.

Must be said, I'm surprised to see there is still so much, "It's just like the flu" thinking going on out there despite the vast amount of data refuting it. Each to their own, I suppose.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 154 - 487
KingstonMariner
May 26, 2021, 10:02am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Maringer, it’s great that you provide all this information. Very useful. If you’re not brain dead or a conspiracy nut who won’t accept real evidence yet are happy to hoover up any old nonsense. I fear with Humbocod it’s a waste of effort, but for anyone who is uncertain it’s helpful information.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 155 - 487
KingstonMariner
May 26, 2021, 10:05am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from aldi_01
Interesting that people keep trotting out the ‘we’ll be back in lockdown before we know it’ phrase...hoping that if they say it enough folk will believe it?

I had my vaccine weeks and weeks ago out of respect for my boss who had to spend hours organising the whole thing for our 45 staff. Several were severely ill and two weren’t allowed their second dose or advised against. We’ve a staff member, 23 who has been off work recently for another matter who has now tested positive...

We either crack on and return to actually normal, not this new normal they talk of else we’re stuck, worrying about something which fundamentally doesn’t go away, much like everything else...the fact they’re talking of booster jabs already suggest the vaccines, unlike those for TB etc. aren’t that effective.

I’m not anti vax in the slightest, I’m just fed up with the scaremongering, the whataboutery and the panic caused by media outlets and so on...not to mention the self righteous mammary you encounter every so often that tuts Becauee you need to get passed them or stand too close in their eyes...

It’s tiresome now and I, along with many must be fed up of the lies and hyperbole...remember when we were told that once the most vulnerable were all vaccinated we’d be cracking on...

I’m done with it all, I’ve never taken a test, I’ve not isolated, or been able to and I’ve not had so much as a sniffle in nearly two years...now if we want to talk about the ineptitude of government then that’s plain as day but can’t wait for those people who are obsessed with masks and the like to panic in an few weeks...

Aldi, sounds like you are worn out. But just because you are lucky and fed up it doesn’t mean there aren’t real risks.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 156 - 487
Humbercod
May 26, 2021, 7:27pm
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from Sandford1981
First person to get vaccine dies actually translates to a 81 year old man who was an inpatient on a frailty ward before having the vaccine, dies!

It’s hardly evidence of anything untoward regarding the vaccine. Neither is quoting people from social media who have had elderly relatives die after having it. Elderly people die and grieving friends and family often find it easier to focus their attention on anything but their grief.

I’m not saying anyone is necessarily wrong but, I am questioning the credibility of this type of sensationalist ‘evidence’.

Elderly people die totally!

Likewise all those elderly frail people on the wards all died of Covid so we were being told.

I understand what you’re saying being sensationalist but then you’ve got to look at the sheer numbers they all can’t be wrong?
Besides you must have some serious issues to post about family members in this way just for a bit of click bait.  

Even Sky News were headlining earlier today that doctors have now been informed to look out for cases of stroke following the AZ so called vaccine!
It’s getting to the point now we’re people (mainly vaccinated) are going to g heave to stop burying their heads in the sand something is clearly not right, these cases I believe will continue to grow and grow in the coming months.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 157 - 487
Humbercod
May 26, 2021, 7:37pm
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from Maringer
OK, then. Here's another chart to look at:

The chart was produced from modelling released earlier this month so we're only right at the start of the upward curve (cases have gone up about 10% over the past week). The initial data on the 'Indian' B.1.617.2 variant indicates it may be up to 60% more transmissible than the 'Kent' B.1.1.7 variant which has already spread to become one of the most dominant in many countries. The Kent variant is in decline because of vaccination and the restrictions still in place. The Indian variant is rocketing upwards despite the vaccination and restrictions still in place.

Fully vaccinated people have very good protection against the Kent, Indian and most of the other variants so it isn't likely that we'll see the same huge numbers of elderly people dying from the next wave of infections. There will still be a lot of deaths in older folk but nothing like the same level as during the past two waves. However, about 60% of adults in the UK aren't fully vaccinated yet so many of the hospitalisations will be amongst younger adults without any pre-existing health conditions. Even if only a very small proportion of those infected require hospitalisation, it will collapse the NHS. This is why the herd immunity plan initially mooted was quickly reversed during March 2020.

I think another lockdown, or at least very tight restrictions are almost certainly going to be required. This should be the last one, however, as the vaccinations should give enough of the population enough immunity to ensure that we're not faced with a collapse of the healthcare system in future waves of infections caused by new variants. In fact, it is likely that this coronavirus will eventually become just another endemic cold virus of the type most of us catch every year or two. Whether you develop your immunity to it through repeated infections or vaccination won't really matter. The risk of death from vaccination is obviously much lower so that's my choice.

Must be said, I'm surprised to see there is still so much, "It's just like the flu" thinking going on out there despite the vast amount of data refuting it. Each to their own, I suppose.

More projections and modelling have any been proved correct yet?
The 4000 deaths a day projection has been my favourite so far😂

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 158 - 487
Humbercod
May 26, 2021, 7:38pm
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from KingstonMariner
Maringer, it’s great that you provide all this information. Very useful. If you’re not brain dead or a conspiracy nut who won’t accept real evidence yet are happy to hoover up any old nonsense. I fear with Humbocod it’s a waste of effort, but for anyone who is uncertain it’s helpful information.

Feel free to point out the nonsense lab rat.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 159 - 487
49 Pages Prev ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Covid vaccine

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.